Does the TSX have as many little problems as the TL????

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 06:04 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does the TSX have as many little problems as the TL????

I want to get a TSX within a year. The number one more concern to me when I purchase a car is reliability. All the cars my family and I had owned had absoultely no problems. I never had to go to a dealer to fix a any warranty things.

I've browsed the TL forum and man there are sooooo many little annoying problems with the TL that some people traded it in cuz they were sick of these problems not getting fixed.

So is the TSX more reliable and problem free then the TL????

To my observations btw the forums the TSX seems to be reliable.

What do you guys think? I'm sure it helped the TSX in terms of reliablitiy that its built in Japan.
Old 09-17-2005, 06:21 PM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
made in japan!!

i had two rattles on my 04: sunroof and right speaker, fixed by dealer. no problems since.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:14 PM
VSA Rocks

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
I've browsed the TL forum and man there are sooooo many little annoying problems with the TL that some people traded it in cuz they were sick of these problems not getting fixed.
I'm sure you'll have the majority of those members owning the 2004 first year model. Regardless of car manufacturer, it's downright impossible to introduce a significant design change with zero problems.

The same should apply to the TSX -- less problems with the 2005's compared to the 2004's.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:24 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I haven't had a probelm except rattles in the 05 yet..... and let's hope it stays that way....

the 04 had a little more problems with the center console and transmission~ (someone blew theirs)~
Old 09-17-2005, 09:10 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Benz_05_TSX
I haven't had a probelm except rattles in the 05 yet..... and let's hope it stays that way....

the 04 had a little more problems with the center console and transmission~ (someone blew theirs)~
??? One person blows their tranny and thats a problem? Um

Unless its a consistant problem, its not a problem at all...
Old 09-17-2005, 09:34 PM
Intermediate

Man the research I have done on this car says it is very reliable. Not sure what you want? Cars sometimes need fixed. Depends a lot on the driver as well. Some people use brakes and wear them out in 20K miles, and some can go 70K on a set. I would want to buy a used car from the guy that can get 70K on his set. Probably has had less problems on his car as well.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:13 AM
Instructor

WELL .... in today's auto mkt, no one car MFR have trouble free cars and trucks. Car prices had not really gone up that much during the past few years, and have to add more safety features and other fancy stuff for consumers.. To do this it forced most MFR to cut quality, what i call cut corners to offset the added stuff cost to the car without increasing the price to shock consumers. I will not buy first year production models on any brand again. it gives us the bugs and or minor problems. but all sve advisors told me tsx have less problems than TL. and TL is made in usa, " hello ! " and tsx is fully Japan. parts and labor on my 04. it is pure 100%. no mix and match. but i have little rattle problems, and pwr window's door pannel rubbing against window while go down or up. engine and trans is ok. i baby the car. i change my trans fulid at every 12k, air filter at every 10k, oil change at 2500 miles, coolant at 30k, brake fluids bleed or flush at 30k, air condition filter at 15k, brakes when sensers start have noise, and that is about it. but the clock display went out on me at 27k under warranty, and my warranty expires 100k
Old 09-18-2005, 08:17 AM
Instructor

everyone have their little story on trans problem, this and that. sometimes is luck but also based on how the driver take care the car and driving it. if u drive hard on it, and step to redline each gear .. how it last? even a ferrari will die on you if you dont change fluids.
mind as well.. " dont take shower everyday"
Old 09-18-2005, 09:24 AM
Canuck

Originally Posted by joerockt
??? One person blows their tranny and thats a problem? Um

Unless its a consistant problem, its not a problem at all...
there was a service bulletin to acura dealer with VIN ranges for tranny replacement.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:27 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Black_6spd
less problems with the 2005's compared to the 2004's.
They may have fixed some problems in the 2005s but, from my experience in my 2005, it seems to have many of the same issues raised by 2004 owners. I had the excessive negative camber issue stock (2.1 degrees on the right when factory specs allow only a max of 1.5 degrees and camber is not adjustable so there is no fix for this issue unless you go aftermarket), various rattles along the windows and center dash.

These issues were disappointing as I had expected some improvement in the 05s. But they have not been bad enough so for me to go to the dealer and have them possibly make stuff worse by ripping the dash apart, etc. The camber issue wasn't a big deal b/c I knew I was going to lower my car and get a rear camber kit anyway.

I think the truth of the matter is, with the internet, some people are more vocal about problems w/ their cars and it gives the appearance that a car is filled w/ problems. People hardly ever post that their cars have been problem free. To compound matters, when others read about certain rattles and issues, they go looking for them in their own cars. This clearly happened to myself as I noticed the problems in my own car the first week I owned it b/c I was specifically looking for them. Now, I don't notice the rattles as much.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:59 AM
10th Gear

the tsx is the most reliable car. i beat it up pretty bad (put 12000 miles in 5 months) and i have not had one probablem
Old 09-18-2005, 01:44 PM
Intermediate

If all you care about is reliability, I would recommend a Honda civic. Order with manual windows and locks and no A/C.

You increase the chances of having a problem when you increase the complexity of the vehicle. Based on this logic, I would expect the TL to have a few more issues than the TSX, and the new RL to have more issues than the TL.

Just my experience as an electrical engineer...
Old 09-18-2005, 02:07 PM
7thGenAccord

^^^ thats true. thats why benz and bimmers have so much problem. too much electrical stuff and computer stuff.
Old 09-18-2005, 02:35 PM
Master in Science

Originally Posted by Benz_05_TSX

You said it right, someone blew their transmission. It was not Acura's fault someone doesn't know they can't downshift from 6th to 2nd at high speed...

I never had problems with my center console.
Old 09-18-2005, 02:39 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
There were a few recalls with the TL i believe. The biggest one was probably with the drive shaft balancing issue. It would cause a huge shimmy. Then there was a recall with the tires flatspotting and shimmying on the highway. Then i think there was even a transmission recall.

But these were mainly for the 04 models. I believe most of these problems were fixed in 05. Rattles are normal in a car that is built solid and with tight tolerances. There's no way to guarantee every single car coming off of the assembly line wont have them... they just have to fix them as they turn up.
Old 09-18-2005, 02:40 PM
Burning Brakes