CT Volume Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 08:41 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CT Volume Dealer

Anyone know how to find out which Acura dealers do the most volume? Is it just a matter of going to each individual dealer's Web site and seeing what they have on hand or is there a resource that would have this sort of information available? Looking the the Hartford, CT area. Thanks!
Old 06-29-2005, 09:14 AM
Cruise Missile Lobber

I'm really not sure but just based on what they seem to have in inventory on the lots, this is what I've got in order of biggest to smallest.

1. Schaller Acura (Manchester)
2. Morande Acura (New Britiain)
3. Acura of Avon (Avon)

Keep in mind that this is just my guess. I got my TSX from Morande last summer.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:16 AM
Intermediate

How was your experience with them??
Old 06-29-2005, 09:45 AM
Cruise Missile Lobber

I can't remember the name of the guy I talked to, but he was really friendly and I got the car for about $500 under MSRP (w/o too much trouble) when they were brand new to the market. I had to wait for mine to come over from Japan.

He even let my wife and I take the demo out without to test drive which was a first for me.

As for their service dept. I found that it sucked. They made you feel like they were doing you a favor to take care of your car. So, I switched to Schaller for service. I can't say that I haven't had problems with Schaller, but with little effort on my part they've fixed every problem that they have caused and then some.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:50 AM
Intermediate

That's interesting because the Better Business Bureau had Schaller as a dealer to avoid -- too many unresolved complaints I guess. Thanks for the insight!
Old 06-29-2005, 11:08 AM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Wow, that's news to me......kinda scares me now. Thanks for the info
Old 06-29-2005, 11:12 AM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Where did you get that info.....this is what I found:

http://www.connecticut.bbb.org/commo...142&national=Y
Old 06-29-2005, 11:43 AM
Intermediate

Shiznit...my bad, it was acutally Morande that has the "unsatisfactory" rating. http://www.connecticut.bbb.org/commo...153&national=Y

However, I do remember reading a thread here that rated dealerships and it did have something about Schaller.....I found it and pasted it below......I'm sure they are totally fine; hope I didn't give you a heart attack!

Schaller Acura- Manchester, Ct- wonderful service, bought my TSX here, besides jipping me of my factory wheels when I got the silverstars they're very nice, but they couldn't fix my car for anything! i had an integra gsr and the door locks were messing up so they replaced the actuators and i brought it back about 4 times and they kept trying different things...never actually fixed it but ended up costing me about $800 in total for everything they tried.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:08 PM
Advanced

I can nothing but positive things about Acura of Avon. Schaller is closer to where I live, but I will gladly drive the extra miles to get good service.

AoA gave me a great price on both vehicles I purchased back in October (04 CG TSX 6mt navi and 04 SPM MDX ) and the service dept has treated me great. They even stayed late one evening so that I could pick up the all weather mats they had to order for me since they were not in stock. (service dept closes at 6... I could not be there until after 7... and they waited).

That is the type of service you expect when you purchase an Acura, Lexus, Infiniti. If you want crappy service..go buy a Chevy or a Ford (last vehicle was a Ford P.O.S.... NEVER AGAIN!

Well, my ranting has come to an end. Hope it helps!
Old 06-29-2005, 02:11 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sabby
I can nothing but positive things about Acura of Avon. Schaller is closer to where I live, but I will gladly drive the extra miles to get good service.

AoA gave me a great price on both vehicles I purchased back in October (04 CG TSX 6mt navi and 04 SPM MDX ) and the service dept has treated me great. They even stayed late one evening so that I could pick up the all weather mats they had to order for me since they were not in stock. (service dept closes at 6... I could not be there until after 7... and they waited).

That is the type of service you expect when you purchase an Acura, Lexus, Infiniti. If you want crappy service..go buy a Chevy or a Ford (last vehicle was a Ford P.O.S.... NEVER AGAIN!

that's good to know. i'm too am more than willing to go out of my way for a better deal and good after-purchase service.....thanks for the recommendation!
Old 06-29-2005, 02:12 PM
Intermediate

Also, what kind of deal did you get? Who did you work with?
Old 06-29-2005, 05:31 PM
Advanced

On the TSX.. $ 26385 (before Tax & reg) included Navi, mudguards, wheel locks, cargo net & the paint protectant package (don't remember the details on the last thing off the top of my head)

The MDX had mudguards, wheel locks, all weather mats, Tow Package & Paint protection package. If I am not mistaken it was $ 36,000 before tax & reg)

I dealt with Pete Marchand (the GM) since I started my inquiry online.

Pete was great to work with, I did not feel pressured to buy (actually was not planning to purchase until spring, but the MDX was coming in off the truck 2 days after I was there (spec'd out exactly the way I wanted.. Sagebrush pearl exterior, Quartz interior (minimal woodgrain), No Navi.. I had to have then install the Tow Package. The TSX on the other hand, they needed to locate, They did.. fisrt choice on color too. It was karma to be there on that day just to test drive the TSX.

I am so Happy I did!
Old 06-30-2005, 09:08 AM
Intermediate

On the TSX.. $ 26385 (before Tax & reg) included Navi, mudguards, wheel locks, cargo net & the paint protectant package (don't remember the details on the last thing off the top of my head)

The MDX had mudguards, wheel locks, all weather mats, Tow Package & Paint protection package. If I am not mistaken it was $ 36,000 before tax & reg)

I dealt with Pete Marchand (the GM) since I started my inquiry online.

Pete was great to work with, I did not feel pressured to buy (actually was not planning to purchase until spring, but the MDX was coming in off the truck 2 days after I was there (spec'd out exactly the way I wanted.. Sagebrush pearl exterior, Quartz interior (minimal woodgrain), No Navi.. I had to have then install the Tow Package. The TSX on the other hand, they needed to locate, They did.. fisrt choice on color too. It was karma to be there on that day just to test drive the TSX.

I am so Happy I did!

you got it below invoice!!?!?! According to edmunds.com/kbb.com, invoice for a TSX with navigation is $27,175.....is that right? how did you swing that price?
Old 06-30-2005, 01:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RobotMonkey
Anyone know how to find out which Acura dealers do the most volume?.......
so to you : volume = good reputation ?

if so i think you'll be frankly surprised unless that's the way you always shop for cars and it has worked for you.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:22 PM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Originally Posted by matelot

if so i think you'll be frankly surprised unless that's the way you always shop for cars and it has worked for you.
I didn't get the impression that's what he was saying when he asked that question. I thought he was looking for on the lot selection.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:29 PM
Advanced

When you spend over 50K on cars in 1 day, they had better give you a deal!

I got a "volume" discount, that's how I got the great deal ( 2 vehicles at once). They also loved my trade in (Yellow '01 Escape V6 4x4 with brand new Dueler AT Revo tires on it - They never even sent that to auction- it was on their lot for sale 3 days after I picked up my car (a co-worker lives just down the road from the dealership and told me about seeing it there)..and it sold within a week, just in time for the winter.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Intermediate

ahh, no volume as in who has the largest selection.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:44 PM
Intermediate

When you spend over 50K on cars in 1 day, they had better give you a deal!

I got a "volume" discount, that's how I got the great deal ( 2 vehicles at once). They also loved my trade in (Yellow '01 Escape V6 4x4 with brand new Dueler AT Revo tires on it - They never even sent that to auction- it was on their lot for sale 3 days after I picked up my car (a co-worker lives just down the road from the dealership and told me about seeing it there)..and it sold within a week, just in time for the winter.

ahhhh -- that totally makes sense then. thanks!
Old 06-30-2005, 02:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RobotMonkey
ahh, no volume as in who has the largest selection.
Okay fair enough...but WHY ?

are you buying several TSXs ? (guess not)
are you looking for a particular spec/colors combo that's been hard to find and that the dealer can not locate for you ?
Old 06-30-2005, 02:58 PM
Intermediate

Okay fair enough...but WHY ?

are you buying several TSXs ? (guess not)
are you looking for a particular spec/colors combo that's been hard to find and that the dealer can not locate for you ?
no, only one

but i'm finding that in this area (hartford) many of the dealerships only have a few on-hand and most all are automatics. i'm planning on buying in august and will be looking for a black on black, non-navi, MT.