CT dealer impressions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004 | 10:14 PM
8th Gear

CT dealer impressions?

I am in the market for a new TSX in the next couple of weeks. So far i have visited Acura of Avon in Avon, CT. They seemed pretty nice and easy for the initial meeting and test drive.

1. Does anyone have any experience with Acura of Avon on pricing and service?

2. Any recommendations of other dealers in the general Hartford area that you have had good experiences with?

I am looking to pay around $25,500 for a CG/Ebony/no nav TSX.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 04-24-2004 | 10:36 PM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Hey...what's up. I live in Newington and bought my TSX at Morande Acura in New Britain. Never went to Avon, but that was my next stop if Morande couldn't help me. They were nice...paid MSRP, but that was last June and I had to wait a month and a half, so I would expect a better price now. I would give them a try though. Their service department sucks though! I use Schaller Acura in Manchester now and they are very good. I have yet to have a problem with them. If there are any other questions, I would love to answer them!
Old 04-27-2004 | 03:06 PM
1st Gear

Exclamation Acura by Executive, North Haven

Deviant - I spoke to John Fulvi, internet sales, with Acura by Executive of North Haven. I was looking for the exact car you were looking for, but I had to hold off. He agreed to sell it to me for exactly 25,500. Apologies to the previous poster, but I've heard bad things about Morande. You can email John (a heckuva nice guy) at Fuj_fulvi@yahoo.com. Tell him Judy Hartling sent you. Heck, that might give me some leverage when I take the plunge. Best of luck!
--Judy
Old 04-27-2004 | 05:00 PM
Cruise Missile Lobber

No offence taken, I can definetaly see that Morande can be a little shady at times. I think I just got lucky. I've heard good things about the New Haven dealership too...that's if you don't mind driving an hour and a half
Old 04-28-2004 | 04:05 PM
FOOSHKA!

Judy,

My last name is Hartling also. I can't find many Hartling's around and my eyes open when I hear of one. I'm from attleboro MA. I know this is off subject but email me bryan.hartling@gdc4s.com.
Old 06-04-2004 | 01:26 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by JHartling
Deviant - I spoke to John Fulvi, internet sales, with Acura by Executive of North Haven. I was looking for the exact car you were looking for, but I had to hold off. He agreed to sell it to me for exactly 25,500. Apologies to the previous poster, but I've heard bad things about Morande. You can email John (a heckuva nice guy) at Fuj_fulvi@yahoo.com. Tell him Judy Hartling sent you. Heck, that might give me some leverage when I take the plunge. Best of luck!
--Judy
Does anyone know John's new direct email at the dealership, that one you gave doesnt work.

I have submitted requests from acura by executive's website and i get no response.
Old 06-07-2004 | 04:13 PM
Banned

I am in fairfield county, Norwalk dealer VERY inflexible with price, so I bought in Manhattan - first class !
Old 06-07-2004 | 07:19 PM
Racer

Priced mine at both Executive and Morande, bought it at Morande.
Old 06-07-2004 | 08:18 PM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Originally Posted by o3jeff
Priced mine at both Executive and Morande, bought it at Morande.
Hey...where are you from? I live in Newington and I'm starting to see a lot of TSXs around now...
Old 06-08-2004 | 08:45 AM
Advanced

Im working with Executive, I bought my old integra there in 99 and sent 3 referrals to them...

so far they are being somewhat unreasonable on my trade - in which is turning me off, also they are very slow to respond to email.
Old 06-08-2004 | 07:35 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by SSN_FT1(SS/DV)
Hey...where are you from? I live in Newington and I'm starting to see a lot of TSXs around now...
I live in Southington and work in Glastonbury, I picked up a silver/ebony one a week and a half ago.
Old 06-09-2004 | 08:55 AM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Ahhh, ok. I keep seeing the same two TSXs in Newington, an ebony one on Rte. 175 and a Silver one on the CCSU campus....thought you might be one of those
Old 06-10-2004 | 10:53 AM
Intermediate

Hey whats going on guys. I live in Hartford Connecticut. I hate the Morande Acura. When I went there i waited for 20 minutes before anyone looked at me. They were all just sitting there doing nothing and no one payed attention to me. Then they would not me get a test drive of the TSX so i said F-em. Acura of Avon was cool but after going there a couple times there was a sales person who kinda pised me off so i never went back. Acura in Manchester was cool also thats where i was going to buy my car from. I put my deposit down and was ready to buy but changed my mind. Acura in North Haven was kinda cool besides the fact i waited about an hour before i was helped but i couldn't get made there were tons of people there waiting. I have decided to buy my car at Acura of Manhattan. they seem really cool over the phone i hope they were. robert_tsxgeek how was acura of Manhattan. any good feed back.
Old 06-12-2004 | 02:51 PM
Banned

Manhattan Acura - YES ! Devan Acura - NO !

>>I have decided to buy my car at Acura of Manhattan. they seem really cool over the phone i hope they were. robert_tsxgeek how was acura of Manhattan<<

nore_3, first whatever you do DO NOT bother with Devan Acura of Norwalk...bunch of phonies.... :thumbsdn:
Just had a big argument with the OWNER (!) and sales guy yesterday...because
I did not buy from them...they denied me service ("we can't give you service...(repeat)") - virtually kicked me out - there's a tint of discrimination going on too! them !

Manhattan played straight with me...there was a bit of haggling back and forth but they are flexible. Very willing to deal. I ended up with a very good price and salesperson actually convinced me that CG is the color to go, although they got other colors on the lot, had to wait a few days but glad I went along.
Old 06-13-2004 | 05:08 PM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Nore_03, what color TSX are you driving...I drive a lot so I may see you around. I'm the Nighthawk Black with the Injen sticker on the driver's side rear window with the M3 lip spoiler if you ever see me
Old 06-13-2004 | 08:54 PM
Intermediate

i will be driving a night hawk black also. i haven't got it yet i go pick it up this saturday. i might have a spoiler on it, it depends on if we work out a good deal. i will be sure to look out for you. i saw one today at auto zone. it was night hawk black also.
Old 06-29-2004 | 12:54 AM
1st Gear

I live in central CT and recently purchased 2004 Acura TSX. I did most of the work online and was pleased when Acura by Executive met my online price request $25,500. Everything was quite simple, until it came to actually getting the car. First they had it in stock then they didn't but should be no problem to locate in a couple of days. Needless to say it became a week. It seemed like it was going to be a pleasant purchase but in the end I left with a creepy feeling. This was confirmed when I recieved my credit card bill which I used to place the deposit. Instead of a $100 charge there were 5 separate $100 charges. One mistake I could understand but 5 times. Overall it didn't seem like they knew what they were doing. 5 weeks and no license plates yet I hope that isn't my next disappointment.
Old 06-29-2004 | 07:26 AM
Cruise Missile Lobber

That really sucks.....I hope everything works out for ya.
Old 06-29-2004 | 06:12 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by teamlmx
I live in central CT and recently purchased 2004 Acura TSX. I did most of the work online and was pleased when Acura by Executive met my online price request $25,500. Everything was quite simple, until it came to actually getting the car. First they had it in stock then they didn't but should be no problem to locate in a couple of days. Needless to say it became a week. It seemed like it was going to be a pleasant purchase but in the end I left with a creepy feeling. This was confirmed when I recieved my credit card bill which I used to place the deposit. Instead of a $100 charge there were 5 separate $100 charges. One mistake I could understand but 5 times. Overall it didn't seem like they knew what they were doing. 5 weeks and no license plates yet I hope that isn't my next disappointment.
I did't feel too confident when I went in there to get pricing, so i went elsewere.
Old 07-08-2004 | 11:10 AM
10th Gear

I bought my CG w/Quartz @ Devan Acura in Norwalk...Paid 25500 for auto, added spash guards & trunk tray. I dealt with Fumi Muto, he was a pleasure to do business with. Give Devan a chance.
Old 07-09-2004 | 10:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 99NCAA
I bought my CG w/Quartz @ Devan Acura in Norwalk...Paid 25500 for auto, added spash guards & trunk tray. I dealt with Fumi Muto, he was a pleasure to do business with. Give Devan a chance.
and you paid $300 too much.

>>Give Devan a chance...

...that is, if you want to deal with PHONIES at all.
Personally I refuse to deal with people or business that I KNOW have a
shady practice or reputation least you'd get bitten one day.

I'd take my business elsewhere, they don't deserve my hard-earn money.
Heck there are so many choices these days.

:sqntfawk: DEVAN Acura :thumbsdn:

:swear2:
>;]
Old 07-10-2004 | 06:29 AM
10th Gear

I don't think there is much concern in spending $300 " too much ", when spending $25k+. It's obvious you had some other issues w/ Devan. I thought they were great. They matched the price I wanted on the TSX, which was 2k less than MSRP. This is my 3rd Acura, from 3 different dealers, and by far my best experience.