Chicago TSX meet

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 12:47 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chicago TSX meet

I started this thread on the other side, but let's get something going for those members in Chicago or surrounding communities. This could be a big one. Let's shoot for August 16th. What do you think?
Old 07-07-2003, 12:51 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in....although there was a discussion at the other site about where to hold it. Please don't say Busse woods!

I think it was tentatively going to be at Hooters in Schaumburg.

BTW, I saw a CG at REI in Oak Brook sunday with temp plates. Anyone here?
Old 07-07-2003, 01:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
hey guys,

I set up a good amount of meets in my time, so i can help out if ya dont mind

Aug 16th sounds like a good plan, hooters is a good idea but parking is limited most of the time. Main problem we have with meets in schamburg is that somtimes we end of getting kicked out for no reason. The best idea is to get permission from the owners/managers and then we are golden.
We can have a meet at Fudruckers off of golf rd, they dont mind having car meets there as long as we are respectful. Plus they have good amount of parking.
Old 07-07-2003, 01:23 AM
Drifting

I checked the thread on the other side and someone mentioned a park. Now I don't know anything about the particular park mentioned, but if we could have it at a park that would be wonderful. We could do some grilling, chillin, and beer drinkin. If we get people to RSVP it could be real organized, and we could assign things for people to get. Then we could all split the bill once we get there. Thoughts?
Old 07-07-2003, 05:53 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I had suggested something in the Schaumburg area since I'm coming from Cincinnati, OH... August 16th being my b-day and why I'll be in the area. I think a part is a great idea as well, but you'll have to give me directions... coming from Crystal Lake area.

Let me know. e_electro has also been a big help in this too, but I haven't seen him post on a chicago meet over here yet.
Old 07-08-2003, 01:09 AM
Drifting

Who can go to the "other" site and pick up some of the members in the Chicago meet thread there? It is an active thread and people are participating, but they don't know I've (we've) been banned. This thing will work if we can get everyone involved.
Old 07-08-2003, 06:02 AM
Suzuka Master

I'll go an PM everyone there about this site and the meet.
Old 07-08-2003, 06:13 AM
Suzuka Master

Here are the names I found minus those already in this thread:

OldManTsx
junc02
AcuraIllinois
vtec369
chris1
cifrancgx
Chitown-TSX
phingerz

The "other" site has shut-down the ability to PM and I have change my information in there, so now I won't be able to log back in. I posted so that people who come in there again will know where to go.
Old 07-08-2003, 07:19 AM
Drifting

Thanks Moda. Yeah, we'll see how long that posts stays there.
Old 07-08-2003, 07:33 AM
10th Gear

Originally posted by moda_way

OldManTsx
junc02
AcuraIllinois
vtec369
chris1
cifrancgx
Chitown-TSX
phingerz

The "other" site has shut-down the ability to PM and I have change my information in there, so now I won't be able to log back in. I posted so that people who come in there again will know where to go.
Found my way here. Might be able to make the 16th meet.
Old 07-08-2003, 07:37 AM
Advanced

Found ya! Aug 16th is good here too.

Jason... excellent option choices on your car . My TSX is supposed to be here on the 14th too. I added a couple days for 'slush', prep, and accessory install. I can hardly wait.
Old 07-08-2003, 07:46 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by phingerz
Found ya! Aug 16th is good here too.

Jason... excellent option choices on your car . My TSX is supposed to be here on the 14th too. I added a couple days for 'slush', prep, and accessory install. I can hardly wait.
Good to see you. That leaves the first five names on the list that I'm not sure if they're here or not. citfrangx is GeorgeTSX here.
Old 07-08-2003, 07:46 AM
5th Gear

Question

if u guys dont mind me asking around how much u guys ended up paying after getting title and stuff and what dealer did u guys go to thanks for ur help...
Old 07-08-2003, 07:48 AM
Drifting

I see that they banned you Moda, but they never took down your last post. I hope it stays for a while longer, it's seems pretty effective.
Old 07-08-2003, 07:49 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by pierreram
if u guys dont mind me asking around how much u guys ended up paying after getting title and stuff and what dealer did u guys go to thanks for ur help...
Only if you come to the meet!
Old 07-08-2003, 08:14 AM
Advanced

pierreram: not that I'd promote going back to look at anything at the club... but there was a lot of talk there. I haven't seen a thread here for "what did u pay?" yet.

Somewhere between MSRP and $1000 off seemed the going rate (some got more off but were often leveraging a trade-in...so did they really get more off the purchase price or less for their trade-in?). Deals on accessories are readily had. Yeah... this should probably be a new thread.
Old 07-08-2003, 08:15 AM
Advanced

...and why isn't my sig showing up?!
Old 07-08-2003, 08:25 AM
Moderator Alumnus

...and why isn't my sig showing up?!
Sig will not show up when quick reply is used ... that is my guess as to what is going on.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:35 PM
7th Gear

Im in, hooters would be nice, but your right, no parking!

Old 07-08-2003, 05:12 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by tsxfan
Im in, hooters would be nice, but your right, no parking!

There's an office building next door and the parking lots are kind of attached. There is sufficient parking there.
Old 07-08-2003, 08:40 PM
Burning Brakes

OldManTsx
junc02
AcuraIllinois
vtec369
chris1
cifrancgx
Chitown-TSX
phingerz

I think cifrancgx is now SteveTSX over here. Might wanna send a PM or something.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:38 AM
Suzuka Master

I'll send a PM to the SteveTSX to find out.
*** Just checked and didn't see a SteveTSX here

Also, I'm not against Hooters or anything, but I'd like to get pictures of the cars and would like to have some good backgrounds to snap some shots.

Additionally, I know some people, non-TSXers, that would be interested in showing up too. Have we decided if this is a "strickly TSX" meet or what? I'd like to think anyone could show up if they have an Acura/Honda.

I think it would be so sweet to see all these TSXs in one place!!!
Old 07-09-2003, 08:11 AM
Drifting

I think the Chicago TSX meet should be open to anyone. I also like the idea of a different location, perhaps a public park. Lots of room and scenic too. I just don't know which park. Maybe we could grill up some food and throw down a few. If anyone has any suggestions, let's hear 'em.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:27 AM
Advanced

Any Acura/Honda? Come on, we've got to have standards . Actually, that'd be cool with me. So long as we get the TSXs lined up...that would be sweet.

It would be nice to have a good backdrop (nature not city), but if we're shooting for the Schaumburg area...other than Busse what is there? Maybe we could meet at hooters (grab some wings of course), and then do a caravan to/through Busse?

Gray: There are a LOT of different lots in Busse, is there any in particular that have you turned off?

If we head east toward Park Ridge / Des Plaines, I know of several parks along the Des Plaines river that would be nice.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:30 PM
Instructor

Any Acura/Honda? Come on, we've got to have standards . Actually, that'd be cool with me. So long as we get the TSXs lined up...that would be sweet.

It would be nice to have a good backdrop (nature not city), but if we're shooting for the Schaumburg area...other than Busse what is there? Maybe we could meet at hooters (grab some wings of course), and then do a caravan to/through Busse?

Gray: There are a LOT of different lots in Busse, is there any in particular that have you turned off?

If we head east toward Park Ridge / Des Plaines, I know of several parks along the Des Plaines river that would be nice.
The lot I've been through a few times is the first lot on Higgins just east of 53. It gets to be such a fiasco that the forest rangers will pull over anyone just to give out a ticket (a REAL ticket). Such as not having a front plate, they will pull over trucks and measure them to see how jacked up they are, anything to harass people. I guess the reason they do this is because the place gets so out of control. One time there was a group of Mustang people doing burnouts thru the lots seeing who could smoke their tires the most. You get the idea. I'm not a fan of being harassed.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:43 PM
Advanced

Good points…only takes one jag to ruin the fun for everybody.
Old 07-09-2003, 04:43 PM
Intermediate

i'm up for whatever.

finally took delivery of my car (ssm/ebony/5at/navi) last night...it was a long wait...but definitely worth it...time to go for a drive...again.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:42 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

It's best to orginize the meet and have permission to use the lot.

Ex: Call the park department, or a local resturant hang-out. This way when the police show up it is an official legit meeting.

In addition, you can have a phony (or real) sign-in sheet to keep out the rif-raf and such.

Finally-a meet without food somewhere near buy or being cooked

Parks with cook-outs are good: But you need to have a post listing who is bring what grub.

Always be sure there is somewhere to sit if it is raining.

Just some tips we like to use here in the Cornfields of Ohio.
Old 07-09-2003, 06:33 PM
Drifting

These are good points. What parks are there along the Des Plaines river? What about meeting at Woodfield Mall? We could meet on the top of the parking garage out there (should be empty), and then hit the food court or something. Maybe that's lame, I don't know, just another idea.
Old 07-09-2003, 06:40 PM
6th Gear

If it's raining, I won't want to get my clean car wet! I'm up for whatever as well. If my girlfriend does not want to go to Hooters, well, then she won't. This business about park rangers writing tickets does disturb me though, I wouldn't want get a ticket for window tints and have to take them off. I don't know Schaumburg all that well, but there are plenty of office parks and every conceivable chain restaurant known to man in the area. If I remember correctly, there's also some kind of brewery/restaurant with a big lot that's on the road kind of behind IKEA.
Old 07-09-2003, 07:00 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

[ I remember correctly, there's also some kind of brewery/restaurant with a big lot that's on the road kind of behind IKEA. [/B]
OK let's get a head count of the number of people going!!!
Then someone call this place up and see if we can book some lot space early and a few table for the # going

Suriously, if this place opens at like noon, we could call and see if we could gather in the lot around 10:30am-ish and park. Then go inside and eat when they open.

Brewery/Restaurant = Food + Beer + Cars
Old 07-09-2003, 08:37 PM
5th Gear

Arrow

yeah i would like to go i have a acura at least its not the nicest out there but for it to be my first car i like it. Its a Legend 1988 but i would like to go if that is cool with you guys...

The Reason i have not post alot cuz this site was down tell a day or two ago i checked to see if it was up and it was
Old 07-09-2003, 09:20 PM
Burning Brakes

I'll send a PM to the SteveTSX to find out.
*** Just checked and didn't see a SteveTSX here

Also, I'm not against Hooters or anything, but I'd like to get pictures of the cars and would like to have some good backgrounds to snap some shots.

Additionally, I know some people, non-TSXers, that would be interested in showing up too. Have we decided if this is a "strickly TSX" meet or what? I'd like to think anyone could show up if they have an Acura/Honda.

I think it would be so sweet to see all these TSXs in one place!!!
Try GeorgeTSX...I know he posted here and said he changed his username. I can't remember what it was but it was a name followed by TSX. Sorry I was doin a little at the time.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:18 PM
Instructor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by chris1
If it's raining, I won't want to get my clean car wet! I'm up for whatever as well. If my girlfriend does not want to go to Hooters, well, then she won't. This business about park rangers writing tickets does disturb me though, I wouldn't want get a ticket for window tints and have to take them off. I don't know Schaumburg all that well, but there are plenty of office parks and every conceivable chain restaurant known to man in the area. If I remember correctly, there's also some kind of brewery/restaurant with a big lot that's on the road kind of behind IKEA. [/QUOTE

I think you're speaking of Prairie Rock Brewery. It's on Meacham Rd by Costco. They open at 11am on Sat. That's a good idea.
http://www.prairierockbrewingcompany...rg/index.shtml
Old 07-09-2003, 10:26 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GRAYTSX
Originally posted by chris1
If it's raining, I won't want to get my clean car wet! I'm up for whatever as well. If my girlfriend does not want to go to Hooters, well, then she won't. This business about park rangers writing tickets does disturb me though, I wouldn't want get a ticket for window tints and have to take them off. I don't know Schaumburg all that well, but there are plenty of office parks and every conceivable chain restaurant known to man in the area. If I remember correctly, there's also some kind of brewery/restaurant with a big lot that's on the road kind of behind IKEA. [/QUOTE

I think you're speaking of Prairie Rock Brewery. It's on Meacham Rd by Costco. They open at 11am on Sat. That's a good idea.
http://www.prairierockbrewingcompany...rg/index.shtml
Cool! Anyone else second or third this place as a nomination?
Perhaps the mods should set-up a pole if some other locations are named. This way the group can vote on a place and time. If this Prairie Rock is the place someone on behalf of the board should call them up and see if 20?-30? ?? TSX's and a few rag tags can show-up looks at cars and pay them to drink there beer

Anyone know what kind of parking this place has? Is the lot good size? Is our group attending good size? Is there some overflow with a lot next door?
Old 07-09-2003, 10:33 PM
Drifting

I think Mr. Chad is on to something here. We need to get a list of finalists and vote on them. I like the Brewery, Hooters, public park. And if there are any other nominations then we list those as well. We'll have a run-off if we have to. I'll step up and make the arrangements once we settle on a place if everyone is ok with that. I think parking is the main thing though, any spot we pick has got to accomodate a bunch of cars lined up. I think we could have between 11-15 people show up.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:55 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

Originally posted by Jason
I think Mr. Chad is on to something here. We need to get a list of finalists and vote on them. I like the Brewery, Hooters, public park. And if there are any other nominations then we list those as well. We'll have a run-off if we have to. I'll step up and make the arrangements once we settle on a place if everyone is ok with that. I think parking is the main thing though, any spot we pick has got to accomodate a bunch of cars lined up. I think we could have between 11-15 people show up.
Alright we've got a group leader now, this is good.

But 11-15? That's it? How many members does this board have?
How many are at least with-in 3-5hrs of Chigago? Come-on, I'm from Cow-ville USA its a 7-hour trip to CHI-town. I love CHI-town, please tell me at least 30-Hondas are coming to this thing--where ever it is being held.
------
Moda-way, hog tie the Gerry and get him away from the world of Shadow-Bane, get him on the compter?--Chatting in this forum?--Oh no!....could....

...This place...:sqnteek: Not be healthy to spend time in either?
Old 07-09-2003, 10:58 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by MrChad
But 11-15? That's it? How many members does this board have? How many are at least with-in 3-5hrs of Chigago? Come-on, I'm from Cow-ville USA its a 7-hour trip to CHI-town. I love CHI-town, please tell me at least 30-Hondas are coming to this thing--where ever it is being held.
Ok, we'll have more than 15 then. I was just being conservative. We'll get WI people to come down, maybe we can get the IN and MI people to come in, and maybe a few OH people will show. Add that to our Chicagoland total and we have a party. How's that?
Old 07-09-2003, 11:00 PM
Instructor

Prairie Rock is on the outlot of a Costco. The parking lot is pretty big.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:04 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

Ok, we'll have more than 15 then. I was just being conservative. We'll get WI people to come down, maybe we can get the IN and MI people to come in, and maybe a few OH people will show. Add that to our Chicagoland total and we have a party. How's that?
Alright I'm loving the optimism of this board!

Ok-the Brewery has a big lot & it's shared with Costco.
Do we need to contact Costco and the Brewery about having a meet in the lot? Assuming the board votes on this spot.

Quick Reply: Chicago TSX meet