Buying TSX in Seattle area

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004 | 09:34 AM
2nd Gear

Buying TSX in Seattle area

Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a TSX in the Seattle area. I've read some really good threads on this board in terms of getting the best deal, and I just want to say thanks to all the posters who help out us newbies. I'm tired of getting screwed by dealers. A couple of months ago the best I could talk them down to was $26,500 for an automatic TSX without navigation. I would like to see a price much closer to invoice since the 2005 models are coming out shortly.

I was wondering if anyone has had a particularly good experience with a dealer/sales manager in the Seattle area? Or if anyone can offer me any additional help getting a better deal? Thank you in advance for your help.
Old 07-15-2004 | 10:12 AM
Advanced

if you are a member of the auto club or anything like Costco or Sam's Club you can get a good deal with the members vehicle pricing program
Old 07-15-2004 | 10:51 AM
2nd Gear

Thank you for the info! I'm a Sam's Club member, but unfortunately, the closest participating Acura dealer is in southern CA.
Old 07-30-2004 | 01:41 PM
3rd Gear

Buyin a TSX in Seattle area

I am an Oregon resident and just bought my TSX 1 1/2 weeks ago at Acura of Seattle in Tukwila, WA. Garrette my sales guy was great. I paid sticker but only because I was going backwards in my landrover and needed more for my trade-in. Go see Garrette he was great....
Old 07-31-2004 | 12:32 AM
body massage

I had a pretty good experience at Acura of Bellevue when I bought my TSX in mid-June. I got them to about what you got them to (CG 5AT non-navi), with the wheel locks, trunk tray, and mud/rock guards. They seemed to have a pretty good selection of colors and navi/non-navi on the lot too, and overall the folks were decent people and treated me pretty well. The other plus is that the dealership is less than a two minute walk from my office, so that will make service appointments and things nice and convenient.
Old 07-31-2004 | 12:41 AM
A-spec Arctic Blue

Back in March 04, I bought my Arctic Blue 6MT/Navi at Acura of Seattle. I bought it for $27,500.
Old 07-31-2004 | 12:44 AM
A-spec Arctic Blue

Old 07-31-2004 | 02:40 AM
Cruisin'

Got mine at the end of april at Acura of Lynnwood. The guy there was kinda slimy, but I got a fairly good deal for the north west ($25,500 for a SSM 6MT non/navi with the trunk tray, mud flaps, wheel locks, and some 50 cent 3m scotchgard door edge things). My salesguy got a 1k bonus for selling me my car on the last day of the month (his 26th of the month), so thats why he and his manager were willing to deal.

As to the other Acura dealers in the area, I've visited them all.

Acura of Bellevue - Top notch sales staff. Low pressure, friendly and helpful. Didn't seem to jerk me around much, but they weren't able to give me the price I was looking for. I get the feeling they give less haggle room than the others... its Bellevue... go figure.

Acura of Seattle - Dealt with a lady named Kay.. avoid her like the plague... Every time I talked to her and told her the price another dealer had offered, she would go away for a while, call me back and pull the "have I got a deal for you" line, and then quote me a number 1k over what I had told her. Also she kept telling me to come down to show them I was serious. Just one saleperson, but I probably won't ever deal with them.

Hinshaws Acura - Another one of the "Come on down" sort of people. In this case, I explicitly told them my price range, he claimed he could get me close, but that I should come on down. I foolishly obliged, driving from Bellevue, to be greeted with the line "We can get you 1000 off MSRP. Thats the best we can do." Needless to say, I wasn't too happy. Later in my shopping, I pulled the fax attack, talked to the sales manager woman, and her best offer was MSRP, even after numerous other dealers were already pulling 1100 off. I don't think they're deal friendly over there, and their salesmen are jerks.

Just my couple of cents.
Old 07-31-2004 | 02:44 AM
Cruisin'

Oh yeah. The number that I got from Acura of Bellevue (the only other dealer to give me a serious offer) was $28,400 and some change OTD for a bare CG/ebony 6MT. I was tempted, but the ~$500 difference, and the fact that my fiancee isn't keen on the CG color ended up sending me to lynnwood. This was on the 30th of April.
Old 08-01-2004 | 01:51 AM
2nd Gear

I just bought my SSM/ebony 5AT TSX w/navi at Bellevue about a week and a half ago. I sent out e-mails to southcenter, bellevue, hinshaws, and lynnwood letting them know my price range, and I let them bid on it. The guy in Southcenter said there was no way he could get me the price i wanted. Hinshaw's didn't even reply, so they were out of the picture. Lynnwood dealer was slow to respond, but he said he would beat any price around, however he didn't have the color i wanted in stock. I didn't think he could beat the price by that much, so I went to Bellevue, and they did have the color I wanted in stock, plus it was easy for me to get them under MSRP, so I bought from them. Ask for John Leal @ bellevue, that's who I dealt with. Nice guy, didn't pressure me at all, no bs and no attitude like some of the other dealers i've dealt with in the past. Whichever dealer you go to, good luck, and I hope you get a good deal on the car.