black or carbon grey... help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003 | 11:33 PM
Pro

black or carbon grey... help!!

I'm sorry for posting this discussion, I know it has been up a lot before. I'm ordering my TSX (FINALLY!!!), and I'm still stuck on which color to get. Before I was thinking whichever color would be available first. When it came down to it, I couldn't choose. The black is coming in next week, CG is in approx 6 weeks. SOMEONE HELP ME!!!

Black is definitely a nice color, common, but still looks good.

CG is a new color, stylish.

If they only had that blue Canada has, I would be fine.

I feel that you can see the curves of the car on a CG more than a black. I have no problem with keeping my car clean if I get black. I'm just afraid that scratches will show too easily. They're both such nice colors!! Fate has decided that black is the color because it's coming first, but..... still can't decide. And of course spending $26,000, you would hope to get the best and exactly what you want. sigh HELP!!!

Anyone that has any pics of black and carbon grey, send them to silentdealer@yahoo.com. thanks!!!
Old 07-27-2003 | 11:36 PM
Rarrrrrrrr!!!!!!

i think u should get carbon grey because if u got black, you would have to clean it everyday because black is only good when it's clean.
IMO
Old 07-27-2003 | 11:38 PM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

black is a B*TCH to clean. I've got the NBP on my CL and I love it but hate it. It looks great at night and in the afternoons/mornings but when direct sunlight hits it during the days all the itty bitty imperfections or swirls or any finger prints start showing up like CRAZY. Black magnifies imperfections. If you get black you have to Zaino that shit and keep it really nice and clean at all times otherwise it'll looks like ass. I wish I would have gotten another color like white or anthracite now but still the black looks CLEAN at night rollin' =P ...
Old 07-27-2003 | 11:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Re: black or carbon grey... help!!

Originally posted by DjElucid
I'm sorry for posting this discussion, I know it has been up a lot before. I'm ordering my TSX (FINALLY!!!), and I'm still stuck on which color to get. Before I was thinking whichever color would be available first. When it came down to it, I couldn't choose. The black is coming in next week, CG is in approx 6 weeks. SOMEONE HELP ME!!!
I think both colors are nice.

I plan to have my TSX for many years to come, and although I could have had any number of other colors sooner, I will have had about 45 days from the deposit date to wait for my CG TSX to arrive some time in mid-August.

Go with your gut on what you like the best. There isn't much difference between next week and six weeks. Consider an advantage to waiting:

- My wait will have allowed me to put a larger downpayment--in fact, I might even be able to pay full cash for my TSX.

- Maybe (we don't know for sure) with a later production car, the factory will have ironed out some of the squeaks and rattles or other issues that some TSX owners are reporting.
Old 07-27-2003 | 11:55 PM
Racer

If im correct on the thread that i started of this carbon gray is just as hard to keep clean. Maybe just a little less. I believe it is just purely preference.

There are a lot of blacks cars out there however, MOST TSXs are Carbon Gray though. I personally would also go with whichever comes first. But if both were there then it might be a very hard decision for me. I would prolly flip a coin or go with the car that has fewer mileage.
Old 07-28-2003 | 03:46 AM
kLo
Intermediate

i would get the carbon grey.. coz they don't have it here in canada..

and it looks really good.. black cars r way too common..

either way both r sick..

Old 07-28-2003 | 04:27 AM
Instructor

I personally think that the Black/Ebony combo looks awesome. I don't even like black as a car color in general, but I saw this combo TSX a few weeks ago and was very impressed.

I'm pretty sure that CG is the most popular color, so going black may help you stand out from the others anyway.
Old 07-28-2003 | 05:55 AM
Instructor

As a happy CG owner, all I can tell you is that it looks like a totally different color in different light. I too like black cars, I was going to get black on black but went with CG on black. I am not one bit upset at my decision.
Go with your gut, I know 6 weeks seems like an eternity but remember this is something that you will have for years.
Old 07-28-2003 | 07:32 AM
Pro

Hey guys! Thanks for all your help. As I was driving to work today I was trying to check out every black car I passed. Black is a very nice color, just a beautiful classic color. Grey seems to be the styling new cool color. I haven't really had the chance to see a carbon grey up close, but I spotted an accord this morning that is I guess "carbon grey." Does anyone know if the accord grey and tsx grey are the same shade?

6 weeks is not a big deal for me to wait, 6 weeks would actually allow me to put down a bigger deposit.

Black, grey, black, grey, black, grey, black grey....damn!

Keep those posts coming.

thanks!
Old 07-28-2003 | 07:54 AM
Drifting

The black was my back-up color. For example, if I couldn't get my TSX in Carbon Gray I would back-up into a 1000 foot ravine. Skip the black, get the carbon. It's a nicer color and you have better interior color choices. Also, you said if you wait you could actually AFFORD the car easier. I encourage the wait because you appreciate the car more.
Old 07-28-2003 | 09:41 AM
Racer

okay... black is the way to go. the only reason why you're getting all these posts suggesting you to get CG is b/c they're all CG owners. i, apparently am i black owner, but at the same time, you have to admit that it is the best looking color.

and honestly, it seems like you're going to maintain your car very well, so if you're already going to take care of the car, you might as well get the black. moreover, you said that black was a common color?! i think not... the CG is the most popular color in the tsx, so if you're driving on the highway, you're more likely to see a CG than a black. personally, i like to be seen on the highway w/ other tsx owners, but i know my color looks better than theirs.

but this is all IMO.
Old 07-28-2003 | 10:26 AM
Pro

Just placed an order for my TSX, CG!!!!! I still really like black, but when I first saw the TSX, I immediately picked CG, so I'll go with that. sigh, hope I won't regret it..... and with all that put aside

MY TSX IS ON ORDER BABY!!!!!!!!!

I can finally stop dreaming and start living!!!!
Old 07-28-2003 | 10:37 AM
Suzuka Master

Join the club!
Old 07-28-2003 | 10:44 AM
Racer

CG. Period.

You know you want it, or you would have chosen the black already

I love mine -- and it hides the dirt/dust pretty well in my opinion.

Enjoy!
Old 07-28-2003 | 11:11 AM
Drifting

Of course I'm biased ebcheon. But your TSX is probably the nicest black TSX on the road. Uh, I'd take CG...
Old 07-28-2003 | 12:18 PM
Pro

dealer just called me back. Late September!!!

Black on black this week <---- forget that color.

CG/Quartz coming in next month. My brother in law has a MDX with the quartz, it's not bad. I think I prefer black interior though.

Late September.....OMIGOD that's a long time!
Old 07-28-2003 | 12:24 PM
Racer

why not a black/black? its the best color man? personally i don't like the quartz interior, b/c the console/storage compartment don't match in color. i would go w/ the black/black and be like me. =P
Old 07-28-2003 | 12:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by ebcheon
....the console/storage compartment don't match in color.... =P
But that's a GOOD thing. Contrast is our friend.
Old 07-28-2003 | 01:01 PM
Instructor

why not a black/black? its the best color man? personally i don't like the quartz interior, b/c the console/storage compartment don't match in color. i would go w/ the black/black and be like me. =P

black/black is too dark/sad/dreary/ghetto
Old 07-28-2003 | 01:04 PM
Pro

I've been thinking about the black/black but can't really decide and when I first saw the TSX I wanted CG not black, so that's how I decided. I think black is a nice cool classic color. CG is the new stylish color. I wanted a dark car though, black is boring (IMO), but still very nice.
Old 07-28-2003 | 01:06 PM
Instructor

have you actually seen it in person yet? I didn't think it would look that great either until I saw it.
Old 07-28-2003 | 01:11 PM
Pro

Originally posted by shaf
have you actually seen it in person yet? I didn't think it would look that great either until I saw it.

which color are you talking about shaf?
Old 07-28-2003 | 01:21 PM
Racer

Originally posted by donutchow
black/black is too dark/sad/dreary/ghetto
okay... i donut know how you got from dark --> ghetto?!
Old 07-28-2003 | 01:24 PM
Racer

Originally posted by ClutchPerformer
But that's a GOOD thing. Contrast is our friend.
not when the contrasted color is nesty... the contrast between the aluminum line and the black is the best. don't like how the cg has the black/aluminum line/quartz contrast. nesty nesty nesty!!
Old 07-28-2003 | 02:00 PM
Suzuka Master

To each his own.
Old 07-28-2003 | 04:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Grey seems to be the styling new cool color. I haven't really had the chance to see a carbon grey up close, but I spotted an accord this morning that is I guess "carbon grey." Does anyone know if the accord grey and tsx grey are the same shade?

I don't think they are the same grey. The name is different...something like Graphite Pearl? It looks lighter to me. I went to an Acura dealer to ask to see what Carbon Grey looks like on ANY new Acura since they had no CG TSX's in stock. I think I saw the RL or TL in that color. Your Acura dealer also has a fancy TSX brochure--on very nice paper, including some sheets that are very translucent. And gosh, I don't know the URL, but burried somewhere--perhaps at Acura.com or hondanews.com are several pages of TSX wallpaper images, some of which are CGs. Surely, black is a sexy color; that's what I like about my soon-to-arrive CG's Ebony interior. With that color combo, I get the best of both: CG body and black interior. Black leather. Hmmmmm.

6 weeks is not a big deal for me to wait, 6 weeks would actually allow me to put down a bigger deposit.

Even a modest increase in your downpayment helps since that applies against the principle, whereas most of your early loan term payments go toward interest--the loaning institution's big fat wallets.

Gee, this helped me understand my color choices that were perhaps sub-conscious. Remember, the Ebony interior is sexy, something about which I never hear of the other interior colors. Thanks!
Old 07-28-2003 | 09:26 PM
Intermediate

Ive got black as well, so please dont get black jk....you guys may think black is hard to maintain, however I like the fact that I got black, and I also like the fact I get to spend Saturdays at around 4-5pm cleaning my car, and grinning as I look up and down my street at the peeps checkin my SHINY NEW RIDE OUT!!!

Then 8:00pm rolls around, and its down to the palm beach strip for the ladies to check me (more so the car) out

you can check out my TSX if you go to the addie on my sig
Old 07-28-2003 | 11:26 PM
Pro

pbase, you are making my decision so much harder!!! BLACK LOOKS DAMN GOOD.

Can someone send me a pic of a clean carbon grey, I really need to see them next to each other.

AHHHHhhh.... although I ordered my CG already the dealer said he would have no problems with me changing to black on black.
Old 07-28-2003 | 11:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Whatever you do...get the Ebony interior. I would wait for that over an exterior color. This is a phenominal car I might add. I let my buddy that turned me onto the TSX and his Dad who drove one the day they came out, drive it yesterday. It was my buddy's wifes birthday and they were havin a little party. I went over to wash and wax my baby. As soon as I was done we were gone. These guys are car fanatics and their responses were overwhelmingly positive. We must have spent an hour just lookin at it from every conceivable angle. Anyway mine will be a week old tomorrow and I have around 400mi on it. If there's such a thing as patiently waiting for the car you REALLY want...Do it, you won't be disapointed.
Old 07-28-2003 | 11:36 PM
Instructor

I think you should try to see both of them in person before you make your decision. Pictures aren't good enough, mainly because they are always exterior or interior only. When you walk up to the car, you're going to see both at the same time and see how well they go together.
Old 07-28-2003 | 11:45 PM
dnb
in search of PW threads

pbase, you are making my decision so much harder!!! BLACK LOOKS DAMN GOOD.

Can someone send me a pic of a clean carbon grey, I really need to see them next to each other.
Uh, DjElucid --- please re-read all your posts in this thread. You think black is nice, but you really, really want CG.

[This is coming from someone who's had black/black for 12 years.]
Old 07-29-2003 | 12:07 AM
Burning Brakes

dealer just called me back. Late September!!!

CG/Quartz coming in next month. My brother in law has a MDX with the quartz, it's not bad. I think I prefer black interior though.

Late September.....OMIGOD that's a long time!
Yes! Carbon Grey with Ebony interior! You'll get your new grey with your familiar black. Case solved!
Old 07-29-2003 | 12:20 AM
Racer

here are pics of my black/black...

www.pbase.com/ebcheon

that should change your mind to black!! =P
Old 07-29-2003 | 07:28 AM
Pro

here are pics of my black/black...

www.pbase.com/ebcheon

that should change your mind to black!! =P

Your pictures are the ones that actually made consider getting black when I first saw them after you zainoed the car. BTW, nice job.

Still deciding.
Old 07-29-2003 | 07:35 AM
Suzuka Master

Try to see the cars in person. Keep going back to the dealer(s) in your area to check out their inventory. Or just ask them to call you when they get a black or CG in so you can take a look. It's worth it to have the peace of mind.

Black was my first choice, actually, but CG looks good enough that I wasn't disappointed. There's a reason so many people have it.
Old 07-29-2003 | 08:14 AM
Pro

You guys probably think I'm nuts. I believe I had made my alternate choice. BLACK, cool, sleek... bad ass color. I think I will be happy with either color. I decided earlier that which color I was able to get first, I would get. I hope I'm not wrong. Black it is (if it's still available). Figure I'll just get it and get it over with.
Old 07-29-2003 | 09:30 AM
Racer

good choice dj. another thing about the black... you might not know this b/c you haven't seen the color in person yet. but if you look closely at the black tsx, there are dark blue metallic paint mixed into the black paint. its not entirely black... i mean it looks black from a distance, but if you look closely, you can see the dark blue metallic paint. this should help you keep the paint a little easier to maintain, but i love seeing the metallic blue sparkles.

if you have a chance, check out the honda element. i believe that car has the exact same paint as the black tsx... you can see the color from that car. (i'm sure other honda cars have the same color... just look for nighthawk black pearl).
Old 07-29-2003 | 07:40 PM
Burning Brakes

My dealer just got a NBP w/bodykit and spoiler. I cruised through last night and put the HID's on it and noticed that. I was like...What the f__k. I'd only seen 1 NBP before and just never noticed.
Old 07-30-2003 | 05:50 AM
Inspired

Get the carbon grey, its a nice color, is different and black (take it from me) is a PAIN in the rear to keep clean. Looks beautiful when its clean but I'll bet you the carbon grey will just need to be hosed off and you're set.

Also nighthawk isnt black, its actually got a bit of purple to it. (no joke, look in the Accord sedan brochure towards the end). The only REAL black that I know of that has come out from Honda is Flamenco Black pearl. I have it on my TL, it looks great but I cant keep it clean for more than a few hours.
Old 07-30-2003 | 09:28 AM
Racer

Originally posted by kenbiddulph
Get the carbon grey, its a nice color, is different and black (take it from me) is a PAIN in the rear to keep clean. Looks beautiful when its clean but I'll bet you the carbon grey will just need to be hosed off and you're set.

Also nighthawk isnt black, its actually got a bit of purple to it. (no joke, look in the Accord sedan brochure towards the end). The only REAL black that I know of that has come out from Honda is Flamenco Black pearl. I have it on my TL, it looks great but I cant keep it clean for more than a few hours.
i guess it is blue/purple... i think its more blue than purple... but you get the idea. however, the fact that it has metallic paint, it should definately make it less noticeable to swirls/minor scratches. therefore, black>cg.

Quick Reply: black or carbon grey... help!!