Accord 2Dr EX V6 Compared to TSX

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 06:27 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accord 2Dr EX V6 Compared to TSX

Hi all, first time post. So please don't flame if this has already been compared, if so thread link?

I am considering purchasing either a 2005 Honda Accord 2Dr EX V6(I'm in Canada) or either the TSX. First off, i did not even consider the TSX until i sat inside of it( i feell in love with that instrument cluster),also friend mentioned that it would come out to almost the same price as the accord. The reson i wanted the Accord, was because i really like the Mercedez-esque rear end, also it is a powerful car. But at the end of the day it is a Honda, whereas the TSX is a 4 door (i don't want a 4 door accord, i find the rear on that hideous) and at the end off the day is an Acura. However, since prices are almost the same, would the power of the accord justify me purchasing it rather than the TSX? For work, i will be driving a lot, hence the TSX would be more economical gas wise, but feel that i might lag behind on the road.

Right now i am like 60% for the TSX and basically want some opinions, and wouldnt mind biased pro TSX responses which will just make me get the TSX.

Thanks
Old 07-12-2005, 07:06 PM
VV "Precision Crafted" VV

Have you even taken a test drive yourself on both cars?

By the way, WELCOME!!!!
Old 07-12-2005, 07:08 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome aboard.

The AV6 coupe vs. TSX question comes up here fairly often. This is the most recent thread on the subject: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2219
Old 07-12-2005, 07:18 PM
Got Ramen?

i was in the same boat as u 3 months ago. i have always liked the TSX's design especially the gorgeous interior. the accord, on the other hand, the coupe was not bad but it felt kinda bloated from certain angles. one thing i just had to have was navi and honda makes the best so it was a close pick between a fully loaded accord coupe v6 and a tsx.

and i was very close on purchasing the accord cuz i got a pretty good deal. last year i had a tough time having to choose the accord cuz i loved the TSX so much but just couldnt afford it, but i forced myself to wait a bit longer and found a pretty good deal on the TSX so i am happy with my purchase as it 's the car i originally intended to go for. the point is either one are great cars...if u feel the need to have a 2 door and a v6, accord is the way to go. the design and overall value of the TSX won me over in the end...
Old 07-12-2005, 07:46 PM
Racer

Thanks for your responses guys!

I have not yet taken either of them for a test drive, i will be doing so on thursday, first the accord then the TSX. Yes the interior of the TSX is very very nice. I suppose the reason i am interested in the accord still is because it was my first choice, the TSX just became a very good contender. I do not need a 2 door car, it's just that i want a nice car with good standard features, i just do not like the 4 door accord. Another reason i would lean more towards the Accord, is that my friend has a TL Type S, and with the accord i could potentially keep up if not, really close, not that i will be racing or anything just saying. One reason i would go with the TSX, is that i would love to get a MT car. But since i will not be the only person using it i cannot, so having the SS on the TSX is very sweet, i don't think the accord has SS/tiptronic or whatever...

I don't know.. the cars are just too close in price, and each has there pros/cons, i guess it comes down to which car is more fun and comfortable to drive, and if i want speed or luxury.. tough decision..
Old 07-12-2005, 08:42 PM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if horsepower is for you, then get the accord

everything else is in the TSX

edit: welcome to the forums
Old 07-12-2005, 09:28 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
First of all, to a fellow Montrealer

Next, you really, really sure you can't get the 6MT? Because it is one sweet tranny. You would honestly pretty much forget about not having a V6 with it, the driving experience is really enhanced.

Anyways, I'm really biased towards the TSX, even though I come from Accords previously. I've been doing a lot of highway, and fear not, the TSX is a wonderful highway touring car. And driving around the Province (except maybe for Cote Nord where you get crazy ass slopes), you will never feel out of power with the TSX. It has the ability to take most any inclines you can throw it, climb them on cruise control and never lose speed.

Of course, things may be different with AT though.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:44 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by MTLer
Hi all, first time post. So please don't flame if this has already been compared, if so thread link?

I am considering purchasing either a 2005 Honda Accord 2Dr EX V6(I'm in Canada) or either the TSX. First off, i did not even consider the TSX until i sat inside of it( i feell in love with that instrument cluster),also friend mentioned that it would come out to almost the same price as the accord. The reson i wanted the Accord, was because i really like the Mercedez-esque rear end, also it is a powerful car. But at the end of the day it is a Honda, whereas the TSX is a 4 door (i don't want a 4 door accord, i find the rear on that hideous) and at the end off the day is an Acura. However, since prices are almost the same, would the power of the accord justify me purchasing it rather than the TSX? For work, i will be driving a lot, hence the TSX would be more economical gas wise, but feel that i might lag behind on the road.

Right now i am like 60% for the TSX and basically want some opinions, and wouldnt mind biased pro TSX responses which will just make me get the TSX.

Thanks
LOL I was gonna get the accord too, but when I found out they were about the same price I said to myself fuck the accord.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:51 PM
Banned

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts
If it is automatic, pass the TSX and go directly to the Accord V6.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:13 PM
Racer

Hehe, is the Auto tranny TSX that bad though, or is the MT just super amazing making the auto look like shit... I cannot get a MT since other member of my family would be driving the car on occasion, i figured i would get my MT fix ( if only barely) from the SS, but i hear from this forum that its lacking, that said, the accord does not have that option, and i would feel like im missing out on some fun..

On the other hand.. the accord has the power..that would also be a AT tranny, so since both are AT, is the TSX not worth getting in AT at all? As my friend stated , at the end of the day it's an Acura, although it could be said at the end of the day they are both Hondas....

P.S Thanks Sauceman!, if i do get a TSX, ill be sure to show up at a TSX meet or something, or possibly meet at the Julep
Old 07-12-2005, 10:24 PM
MSZ
Lola

Received 257 Likes on 150 Posts
is the Auto tranny TSX that bad though, or is the MT just super amazing making the auto look like shit...
5AT TSX is a little bit slower than the last gen Accord V6.

But its still fast enough for normal driving.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:36 AM
Moderator Alumnus

P.S Thanks Sauceman!, if i do get a TSX, ill be sure to show up at a TSX meet or something, or possibly meet at the Julep
Hehehe, the official car meet place in MTL.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:40 AM
VSA Rocks

One reason i would go with the TSX, is that i would love to get a MT car. But since i will not be the only person using it i cannot, so having the SS on the TSX is very sweet, i don't think the accord has SS/tiptronic or whatever...
Another option would be to teach the other person how to drive stick...

I personally couldn't see myself buying the TSX if it weren't for the smooth 6-spd tranny.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:22 AM
What?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey MTLer,

I owned a 2002 V6 accord and was thinking of upgrading to the new 2005 Accord V6 6spd or TSX 6spd. I chose TSX after the test drive and the reasons were:
tighter car
has HIDS
nicer interior
nicer seats
in my opinon better looks
When you take your car in for a oil change the courtesy car is a Acura EL (canada) vs civic.
Nicer dealships too.
and of course the whole "I own a Acura" vs "I own a Honda" - I know I know but that factored in...

The accord has way more power but way cheaper interior too also I don't like the front end on the new accord at all.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:50 PM
Racer

Thanks for the responses.

At the moment i am still leaning towards the TSX, it's just that the comments saying that the AT TSX sucks and that i shoud just get the accord if im getting AT. But Sshah did point out that the Accord interior is inferior to the TSX, although i have not yet gone to see the accord, that is coming tommarow ( i will be test driving both) the gauge and SS availibility on the TSX are winning me over right now, unless the accord really wows me in the test drive, i most likely will end up getting the TSX..

I will let you all know how the test drives went. I am not by any means a Car enthusiest, but hope i can tell the diff between a 240hp car, and a 200hp one
Old 07-13-2005, 01:20 PM
7thGenAccord

if the accord v6 didnt have tranny problems i would get the v6 accord. unless you get a 6mt. IMO the accord interior is nice, and is almost similar to the TSX. but the gauges on the accord is ugly. it would be a hard choice for me if i had to choose between a v6 6spd accord vs 6spd tsx. if i wanted a pimp sporty car i would ge the TSX and if i wanted a fast car i would get the v6 6spd.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:39 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
If you have to choose between the auto versions of both, but the v6 Accord doens't have sport shift. It isnt the 6sp, but there is still a better sense of control with the 5AT-SSM.

If you worry about the 0-60 and quarter, you aren't going to be satisifed with the 5AT TSX and possibly not even the 6MT vs. the 240 hp Accord. However, at speed, the power is entirely competent. Holding that the SSM in 3rd gives plenty of thrust on the freeways. I'm guessing with the sporty slant the TSX has, it handles better than the Accord as well, which was more important to me.

You're young, go for the TSX. The Accord's demographic is just to broad....who cares if you go faster in an Accord? Might as well go fast in a Buick....
Old 07-13-2005, 05:09 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl

You're young, go for the TSX. The Accord's demographic is just to broad....who cares if you go faster in an Accord? Might as well go fast in a Buick....
Very good point Carbon, i guess speed should not really be a huge factor, because i could get speed elsewhere. The TSX IS moving up on my "I Want it" list. I guess i will get more insight when i take the test drives..
Old 07-13-2005, 05:51 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I remember when I went out shopping for a new car. Initially I was going to buy an Accord. But then I said, hey, why not grab the occasion and go give the TSX a drive just for kicks.

Well you guess what happenned right? I never even brought the Accord out for a test drive. I barely went in for a quote, and despite the fact the Honda salesman was waaay more agressive than the Acura salesman, I never seriously considered the Accord after having test driven the TSX.

My advice to you: You seem like you're in love with the TSX. If you haven't tested it right away, go test the Accord first if you really want to do the comparo. Because if you test the TSX frst, you might just lose the motivation to go test the Accord afterwards.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:23 PM
I'm a llama :(

Originally Posted by xjdmb16a2six
if the accord v6 didnt have tranny problems i would get the v6 accord. unless you get a 6mt. IMO the accord interior is nice, and is almost similar to the TSX. but the gauges on the accord is ugly. it would be a hard choice for me if i had to choose between a v6 6spd accord vs 6spd tsx. if i wanted a pimp sporty car i would ge the TSX and if i wanted a fast car i would get the v6 6spd.
The V6 Accord doesn't have tranny problems. That was only the AV6 I believe.

Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl
If you have to choose between the auto versions of both, but the v6 Accord doens't have sport shift. It isnt the 6sp, but there is still a better sense of control with the 5AT-SSM.
What about the 5AT-NHB?
Old 07-13-2005, 08:24 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 753 Likes on 453 Posts
For work, i will be driving a lot, hence the TSX would be more economical gas wise, but feel that i might lag behind on the road.
I have a TSX 5AT and trust me, I do NOT lag behind on the road.

If you were going for 6MT and you're concerned about power I would have said go for the Accord, but since you're going for AT you're going to be disappointed by the Accord. The sport shift in the TSX is the best in its class, it's actually fun and quick shifting. I drove the Accord V6 (4-door) and I only felt a little bit difference in power, but the difference in handling was immense. Add to that the quality of the finish and materials and the cool features like dimming rear-view mirror and HIDs, and you're going to have a huge gring every single time you turn the wheel and shift those AT gears, as opposed to just being in a people hauler like the Accord.

Hell, I even get grins just driving in a straight line.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:35 PM
Burning Brakes

wait for the 06...
i think i would take that over TSX...not the 05 coupe tho
Old 07-13-2005, 10:09 PM
Burning Brakes