2005 TSX vs. 2006 BMW 325i

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fedlawman is definitely a cut above the majority of posters on any car enthusiast board I've seen, both here and on Edmunds. In fact, in reflection of his posts over time on Edmunds, I am 100% NOT surprised he bought a new BMW as it was always clear he is first and foremost a driving enthusiast. Quite objective, too.

Fedlawman - please keep posting here and/or Edmunds whenever you feel appropriate as I find your posts well-written (your explanation of tire grip etc. was very well done - even I could understand it!).
Old 08-12-2006, 10:35 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hrj_1985
tsx ride isnt harsh at all.. its firm.. not harsh..
I test drove it today.

The ride is relatively pleasant!

Only somewhat less supple than the Camry I have, but significantly better handling, and other things as well.

I thought I had hit Car Heaven with the Camry...

Euuhh, no.

The TSX is new "heaven".

And I like it much better than the 325i.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:40 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Overtaxed
I test drove it today.

The ride is relatively pleasant!

Only somewhat less supple than the Camry I have, but significantly better handling, and other things as well.

I thought I had hit Car Heaven with the Camry...

Euuhh, no.

The TSX is new "heaven".

And I like it much better than the 325i.
After hearing all the hype, I went to look at the all new Camry today. I sat inside and thought I was sitting in a toy car. What's with all the cheap plastic. I thought the Camry was for old people so why the plastic???? I didn't even bother with the test drive. I did like the Avalon alot though but car a little too big.

Also, I find the TSX ride is a little harsh when going over bumps and irregularities on the road. Sometimes I wish the ride is a little softer but that's usually after a long day of work.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:02 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ninjamyst
After hearing all the hype, I went to look at the all new Camry today. I sat inside and thought I was sitting in a toy car. What's with all the cheap plastic. I thought the Camry was for old people so why the plastic???? I didn't even bother with the test drive. I did like the Avalon alot though but car a little too big.

Also, I find the TSX ride is a little harsh when going over bumps and irregularities on the road. Sometimes I wish the ride is a little softer but that's usually after a long day of work.
I have the last generation Camry. It was not long after graduating (finally!) from a lifetime in school, and it was the best car I had to date. So I thought it was heaven.

Incidentally, I got to try the new 2007 Camry for a week and a half.

I personally did not like the new Camry's looks, and in particular the cheap looking knobs for the ventilation/radio, etc.

The Camry's strength is its smooth ride. It's so smooth, I sometimes fear I'm going to fall asleep driving it (not kidding)

I really like driving though, and didn't realize I did until recently.

That is why I am looking into Acura.

My biggest fear with the Acura was what I had often read as being a ride that was very firm/perhaps a little too firm.

I will do another test drive to be sure, but my first test drive made me think I had a car that gives a great deal of driving pleasure, and still relatively pleasant ride.

Thanks for letting me know though your opinion. I will try and drive over lots of really bad roads the next time.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Recovering SUV Addict...

Originally Posted by ninjamyst
I did like the Avalon alot though but car a little too big.
Not that you're buying one, but the Avalon is the most overpriced piece of junk out there. For the price, you'd be better off with a Lexus IS
Old 08-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by Ronin317
Not that you're buying one, but the Avalon is the most overpriced piece of junk out there. For the price, you'd be better off with a Lexus IS
Not if you're looking for a car with rear seat room and is designed to be a comfortable cruiser.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:14 PM
Burning Brakes

after reading this..it made me want to go test drive a 3 series. Would they let a 19 year old test drive a car without parents?
Old 08-15-2006, 01:44 PM
Have camera, will travel

^^No reason they shouldn't. If you're insured and don't come off like you're just looking for a joy ride, you shouldn't have any problem. Call ahead and set up an appt.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:56 PM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by vitocorleone
Fedlawman is definitely a cut above the majority of posters on any car enthusiast board I've seen, both here and on Edmunds. In fact, in reflection of his posts over time on Edmunds, I am 100% NOT surprised he bought a new BMW as it was always clear he is first and foremost a driving enthusiast. Quite objective, too.

Fedlawman - please keep posting here and/or Edmunds whenever you feel appropriate as I find your posts well-written (your explanation of tire grip etc. was very well done - even I could understand it!).
Fedlawman didn't get a new BMW, it's a cherry E30 M3, '87 I think, in which I've had the pleasure to ride. Terrific car. They really don't quite make 'em like that any more.

I have some pics at home. I'll post 'em later.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:39 PM
Advanced

yea i totally agree on the interior. I was in my friends 3 series and I was like wow.. what happened?

I mean it wasn't ugly but for the amount of money that BMW wants I would have expected something alot better considering that the TSX is alot more affordable.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:28 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Overtaxed
I have the last generation Camry. It was not long after graduating (finally!) from a lifetime in school, and it was the best car I had to date. So I thought it was heaven.

Incidentally, I got to try the new 2007 Camry for a week and a half.

I personally did not like the new Camry's looks, and in particular the cheap looking knobs for the ventilation/radio, etc.

The Camry's strength is its smooth ride. It's so smooth, I sometimes fear I'm going to fall asleep driving it (not kidding)

I really like driving though, and didn't realize I did until recently.

That is why I am looking into Acura.

My biggest fear with the Acura was what I had often read as being a ride that was very firm/perhaps a little too firm.

I will do another test drive to be sure, but my first test drive made me think I had a car that gives a great deal of driving pleasure, and still relatively pleasant ride.

Thanks for letting me know though your opinion. I will try and drive over lots of really bad roads the next time.
Hey i owned a 1993 camry too, and i have to agree with you that camry is so smooth that it made you fall asleep, on the other hand, the suspension on the camry is super soft, i mean, i weigh like 125 lb and when i sit in the car, it looks like it got lowered.....lol, but i still missed my old camry thou, not a single problem since i got it until the day i trade it in for my TSX. The new camry is yike......i heard a lot of negative opinions about how fake and cheap the interior looks and feels like. My parent was telling me to look into the camry, but i reject since the new camry doesn't attract me at all......sorry for the camry review on acurazine hehe
Old 06-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Banned

we can smoke that 325I everyday for sure.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:15 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by PWTSX
we can smoke that 325I everyday for sure.

Somebody get this clown out of here!! It's so annoying having all these stupid old threads revived.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:00 AM
Intermediate

I like both Acura and BMW, everytime i drive my older brother's 02 BMW 325CI, everyone looks because i'm using the $1,000 JL Audio Sound System (Aftermarket) to it's peak performance, haha, Around here only old people drive BMW's, and kids drive RSX, Celicas, and Tiburons, and Eclipse,

So comparing a 325 to a TSX, i'd say i'd choose a 325, because the TSX is just a middle class RSX, but i'm not making big bucks around here. So when I do i'm gonna buy a used M3... and give my child a TSX if i ever have a child..
Old 08-11-2007, 02:08 AM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
^^ Used M3?

I'm waiting for the new redesigned M3!
Old 08-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by xenonhid
^^ Used M3?

I'm waiting for the new redesigned M3!
Redesigned M3? Bleagh, go for this instead! http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=121985