Remote Start wiring specs

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 01:09 AM
Missin my TSX =(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote Start wiring specs

hey guys

so i finally got my remote start and alarm finished... my buddy Peter installed it for me... great knowledgeable man... he is 'Asterix' on this forum and 'peregrine' on tsx club... he did most of the installation without specs... took a few full days of testing wires and a very clean and professional installation...

but of course, i would like to thank Sasair for scanning me some wiring diagrams which helped us complete this project.

so Peter took the liberty to make up a wiring chart that tells you wat wires to look for and where.... in case you were interested in doing a remote start too...

enjoy
Eric

Old 11-19-2006, 10:12 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks eric and peter for posting that. Lord knows those things were a pain in the a$$ to look up in the acura service manual. I'm not planning on installing a remote start anytime soon, but I will definitely save that info for future reference.

How do you like the system so far? What are you using for your key/remote setup? Do you have to carry around the remote start remote as well as the switchblade keyless entry? or are you using the valet key?
Old 11-19-2006, 10:35 AM
Missin my TSX =(

the system is nice, the range is decent... any sort of interference would make it very hard to be in range... yea im using the valet and the 2 way pager.... the idiots at acura cant figure out how to make the valet key with the master cut out... im 95% sure that its the same size....
Old 11-19-2006, 12:53 PM
Intermediate

Thanks guys. The only thing I can add to that is that I could not find separate wires for OEM alarm's arm/disarm that would not be locking/unlocking the doors at the same time. And I doubt that separation exists. Seems like these arm/disarm functions in the RDX are integrated directly from the door mechanism with a locking/unlocking signal. Meaning, whenever you show a ground on the arm wire, it arms the OEM alarm and locks the doors, and whenever you show a ground on the disarm wire, it disarms the OEM alarm and unlocks the door at the same time.

This is not a problem for installing aftermarket alarms, but it becomes a problem for the remote starters. Because when the remote start is initiated, the module has to first disarm the OEM alarm before turning the ignition on. IF it doesn't disarm the OEM alarm and the ignition is activated, the OEM alarm is then triggered. But if we connect the remote start module's disarm wire to the OEM disarm wire, it not only disarms the OEM alarm, but also unlocks the doors, which is not a desired effect when you normally activate a remote start.

So the way I had it configured now is that when the remote start is activated, it unlocks (while disarming) the doors, and once the ignition comes on it locks the doors again. So there's like a 2 sec. period when the doors are unlocked, but because in this particular case this is a combo (alarm and remote starter), the alarm part of the aftermarket system still protects the vehicle against unothorized entry.

I think the only fix to this will be when a data bus interface becomes available for the RDX (somethig like this). Then we can install that interface and it will control door locks and OEM arm/disarm functions independantly, directly trough the car's computer.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:43 AM
Cruisin'

I have a Compustar 2 way pager alarm/starter installed on my RDX... and they put in a Bypass module part# SL-2.... so when i start my car remotely it doesn't have to unlock the car, Start the car and lock again.....
Old 12-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Missin my TSX =(

Originally Posted by accord-v6
I have a Compustar 2 way pager alarm/starter installed on my RDX... and they put in a Bypass module part# SL-2.... so when i start my car remotely it doesn't have to unlock the car, Start the car and lock again.....
really?? thats awesome... where can i get this bypass module??

thanks for the info man
Old 12-05-2006, 05:12 PM
Intermediate

a "bypass module" has nothing to do with door locks, arming or disarming, but strictly with immobilizer, as it "bypasses" it. So I think you're talking about CAN-SL2 (like this), which is a Data Bus Integration unit. And that's what I was referring to in my previous post, except back then nobody could confirm that this module would work with RDX.
So if you could look up the exact part number again and tell us where you got it, that will be helpful, thanks.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:09 PM
Cruisin'

here's the link for the module.... i'm not too sure is it a SL-2 or SL-3

for SL-2 HERE

and SL-3 HERE

I'll double check what i have and i'll let you guys know....
Old 12-06-2006, 12:29 PM
Intermediate

these modules only bypass the immobilizer. They have nothing to do whatsoever with door locks, arming or disarming.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:35 PM
Cruisin'

well, the shop that did it somehow go it to work.... cuz both my car 07 RDX and 07 MDX has installed a starter....and none of them need to unlock the car before starting the car......

btw...the shop that did the starter for me is Audio Heaven
Old 12-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Uhh I think you two are talking about the same SL2 part....the CAN-SL2 could it be you just have the specific part number wrong accordv6?
Old 12-11-2006, 09:53 AM
Cruisin'

just checked the module in my car, its a Honda-SL2....

Maybe the lock and unlock is not the Bypass module but the actual alarm module?? (i have the Compustar 2way800fm)
Old 12-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Missin my TSX =(

highly doubt its the alarm itself, maybe ur installer found the wires... cuz the electrical manual recently came out for the rdx... when i did mine, it wasnt out yet... where did u install yours?
Old 12-11-2006, 11:33 PM
Cruisin'

i got it install at www.audioheaven.ca.... It in canada... its a pretty known place from another accord forums.... good ppl excellent service......
Old 12-12-2006, 09:00 PM
Missin my TSX =(

ok nm haha 2 far thanks though
Old 12-14-2006, 12:06 PM
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
hey chyllintsx, i also have a 04tsx, and i noticed you had a tsx. I am thinking of going to a rdx route, previously driving a tsx, how does a rdx compare in everyday driving, in your opinion? i might go for a test drive soon.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:14 PM
Missin my TSX =(

Originally Posted by loulinjai
hey chyllintsx, i also have a 04tsx, and i noticed you had a tsx. I am thinking of going to a rdx route, previously driving a tsx, how does a rdx compare in everyday driving, in your opinion? i might go for a test drive soon.

hey dude... i will PM you and we can talk
Old 02-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Intermediate

So what was the outcome to overcome the factory disarm unlocking the doors? Was there a part to integrate into the factory alarm or something else?
Old 02-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Intermediate

Ok actually upon some more checking I have found that the factory alarm does NOT arm itself or disarm simply by locking and unlocking the car via the power locks, only via the factory remote or key in the door. So, you dont really need to worry about the alarm arming itself and then you having to disarm to remote start it.

Even if you did worry about that, the disarm wire does unlock the car but ONLY if pulsed twice within a few seconds. Meaning, you can connect the unlock and - out of alarm before crank and that will solve the problem. The ONLY time you would have a problem with the factory alarm is if you happened to remote start and unlock the doors within that few seconds time that the factory alarm looks for the pulsed signal. Of course you should double diode isolate the unlock and the - out before crank on your alarm so as you dont inadvertantly make the lock/unlock switch in the car disarm your factory alarm.

Now, on to using the FACTORY high pitched chirp for arm and disarm chirps of the aftermarket alarm/remote start. BUT having say horn honk during alarm triggering so as to have a more audible sound. And of course still making it possible to arm silently if so desired at the remote itself. Basically, the horn or siren will only make noise when the alarm has been triggered and not when arming disarming the system.

Anyone know how to do this? I think I have a pretty good idea but would like to see what kind of knowledge you others have on this matter, or if people are just regurgitating things they have heard?