Low APR Financing - Frequency

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007 | 08:46 AM
3rd Gear

Low APR Financing - Frequency

I just came into the car market looking to identify our next car when my current lease expires in mid-May. I've settled on the RDX, but am debating whether to buy the car now or wait until May when my lease is up.

The biggest factor in the "buy now" is the low APR financing (we're looking to purchase rather than lease) which ends on 2/5. Does anyone have an idea on how frequently Acura's been offering low APR financing on the RDX?

While I'm negotiating on both the purchase price and cash back to help cover the remaining lease payments, there is a cost to buying in May when rates may be higher....therefore, the debate! I haven't followed Acura or the RDX at all so am flying blind on this. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 02-01-2007 | 09:01 AM
Instructor

I can only tell you what I've seen since I purchased my car. I bought Oct. 30 and my salesperson called me two days before I was scheduled to pick up the car to say they were starting a financing special. The same one they have now. I already had financing in place with a credit union, but changed my mind and went with AHFC when I found out it was 2.9% for 36 months. I don't know how long this lasted as I never saw it advertised anywhere and I completely lucked into buying at the right time. In December for the end of the year, they had a slightly higher - about 1 point more for each term - although still good financing offer.

So, they have been pretty frequent for the past several months although it has been year end and new year, etc. I would guess that there will be another financing special mid to late summer to try to move remaining 07 models before the 08 models arrive.
Old 02-01-2007 | 11:30 AM
07 RDX - Royal Blue/Ebony

I remember reading about Tonia's great deal, but Acura did not advertise that rate back in October. From the end of November through December, they had the 3.9/4.9% deal (shared with other models as a holiday promotion) that I almost took. Then on Jan 3, they introduced 2.9/3.9% only for the RDX (which has been lagging in sales) and that saved me about $800 over the life of the loan. I have not seen this good of an advertised rate from Acura in recent memory, except perhaps at the end of the model year when they are trying to clear out previous stock.

The only thing I can say for sure is that the rates did drop once already going from Dec to Jan. I don't think the RDX rates will get much better, but we won't know for sure until after Feb 5. It's going to be a gamble I guess.