Discounts on RDXs

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 05:51 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by todsulli
HelloKitty and ICEOX,

I am in the northern virginia area as well and I received te same quote for a tech RDX from the pohanka dealer as well. I was wondering HELLOKITTY if you ended up purchasing at that price or did you get a better quote. ICEOX where did you find a tech RDX for that price 34k. Thanks guys
After I email the sales man to verify about that price, he said he wasnt agree on my price but want me to go in to talk on the 30th. So, we will c wuzp. Note, I was getting the same quote like you and kellokitty too. But I think we can get much better deals on that since I dont mind to wait neither.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:53 AM
5th Gear

todsulli, and hellokitty, do you want to go offline and talk about this purchase w/ pohanka? Think if three of us buying from a same dealer will make a pretty decent deal for him/her at same time during end of the month or end of the year since I dont mind to wait neither. Check your PM for my personal contact info, thanks.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:05 PM
2nd Gear

I live in the San Francisco area, have anyone had any good discounts on RDX w/ tech from any dealership around the area? Sunnyvale offered $34,259(not including Tax,licence and destination), but unwilling to include any accessories with the price.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:57 PM
Intermediate

lowest quote so far

hmquan, I got a verbal quote for $34k from Sacramento but the guy seemed to back off a bit. If you have a quote in writing from Sunnyvale, I'm sure you could get most any dealership to beat it by $100 or so easily. Autonation in Santa Clara has the most in stock in the Bay Area.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:04 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sunnyvale Acura seems very reluctant to deal. They just sent out a T-day weekend sale email offering 3.9% financing... on every car EXCEPT the RDX. They seem to be intent on waiting for Acura to bail them out rather than moving inventory. There stock of RDXs has steadily increased over the past several weeks. 26 seems like a lot for a small dealership.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:37 PM
sgi
7th Gear

Cool

Originally Posted by creativeguy
Sunnyvale Acura seems very reluctant to deal. They just sent out a T-day weekend sale email offering 3.9% financing... on every car EXCEPT the RDX. They seem to be intent on waiting for Acura to bail them out rather than moving inventory. There stock of RDXs has steadily increased over the past several weeks. 26 seems like a lot for a small dealership.
My feedback is exactly the same after having met with them yesterday. I'm talking to other dealerships in the area, hoping to get some discount on the options and a better APR. They have many RDXs on the lot, it took the sales guy 5 minutes to find the one he wanted to show us.

Will post feedback, please share yours too.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:00 AM
Advanced

We are ready to sign a deal on a Carbon Gray Base for $200 UNDER invoice, plus destination charge, tax and registration. No additional fees or add-ons. This was before any discussion of a trade in, so this appears to be a rock bottom price. We are now negoiating for our trade in. They are quoting under Kelly blue Book trade in. Not sure if it is good or not. We will see. Jay
Old 11-29-2006, 12:18 PM
10th Gear

I have several dealers quoting me 3k off msrp in NOVA. With 200 RDX's within 20 miles of me, i can probably do better.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by russttu
I have several dealers quoting me 3k off msrp in NOVA. With 200 RDX's within 20 miles of me, i can probably do better.
MSRP of the base model is 32995, Invoice is 30104. That would put $3000 off MSRP below invoice. I don't think you will be able to do much better....
Old 11-29-2006, 12:51 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by JayCT
We are ready to sign a deal on a Carbon Gray Base for $200 UNDER invoice, plus destination charge, tax and registration. No additional fees or add-ons. This was before any discussion of a trade in, so this appears to be a rock bottom price. We are now negoiating for our trade in. They are quoting under Kelly blue Book trade in. Not sure if it is good or not. We will see. Jay
I undersatnd that KBB trade in is higher than the "wholesale" price they will pay. A dealer told me 500 to 1500 less depending on the car.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Most dealers use the Black Book to value trade-ins....

www.blackbookusa.com
Old 11-29-2006, 03:26 PM
Advanced

Wow, what a long day this has been. I just wanted to let everyone the deal that I negoiated. I have been going back and forth between dealers and believe I got a good deal. My deal worked out to $200 under invoice ($29,904) plus destination, tax and registration, no other fees or add-ons for a Carbon Gray with taupe interior Base model. Financing thru Honda Finance at 4.9%. We pick it up tonight.

After I agreed to the deal, another dealer I had worked with came back with a really great deal at $500 under invoice. It actually only works out to a few $ less per month but it wasn't enough to make me break the deal I had and drive the 75 miles to RI. I do recommend them though. They are Inskip in West Warwick. Anyway, good luck to everyone. Jay
Old 11-29-2006, 04:25 PM
Instructor

Great deal,Im still looking for the best deal.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:15 PM
07 RDX - Royal Blue/Ebony

Originally Posted by JayCT
Wow, what a long day this has been. I just wanted to let everyone the deal that I negoiated. I have been going back and forth between dealers and believe I got a good deal. My deal worked out to $200 under invoice ($29,904) plus destination, tax and registration, no other fees or add-ons for a Carbon Gray with taupe interior Base model. Financing thru Honda Finance at 4.9%. We pick it up tonight.

Congratulations Jay! Excellent deal. So did they do OK on your trade eventually?

Myself, I am about ready to give up on the RDX. I can get one for invoice, but the dealer is lowballing my trade by about $2K and won't budge. I guess they don't need the sale that bad. As much as I like the RDX, I don't like it enough to give away my trade -- it pretty much defeats the deal on the RDX. And I have run out of patience corresponding with the dealers over the internet -- they just aren't responsive enough. Unfortunately I don't have time to chase a deal all over the state.

I had such a better experience buying our TSX over the internet -- wrapped up that deal in a matter of hours. And that was when they were hot vehicles back in 2004. You would think dealers would be more motivated to boost RDX sales rather than watch them decay on the lot. Oh well -- my hope is that if I wait another month or two, I will have a better chance finding a deal. Based on the current sales, I can only assume deals will have to get sweeter. And I can think about selling my current vehicle privately in the meantime.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by c_hunter
Myself, I am about ready to give up on the RDX. I can get one for invoice, but the dealer is lowballing my trade by about $2K and won't budge. I guess they don't need the sale that bad. As much as I like the RDX, I don't like it enough to give away my trade -- it pretty much defeats the deal on the RDX. And I have run out of patience corresponding with the dealers over the internet -- they just aren't responsive enough. Unfortunately I don't have time to chase a deal all over the state.
So why not sell your trade yourself? I usually get a better deal taking my car to CarMax than I do trading at the dealer. If you have one around you it may be worth taking a look.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:02 PM
Instructor

Congratulations Jay! Excellent deal. So did they do OK on your trade eventually?

I had such a better experience buying our TSX over the internet -- wrapped up that deal in a matter of hours. And that was when they were hot vehicles back in 2004. You would think dealers would be more motivated to boost RDX sales rather than watch them decay on the lot. Oh well -- my hope is that if I wait another month or two, I will have a better chance finding a deal. Based on the current sales, I can only assume deals will have to get sweeter. And I can think about selling my current vehicle privately in the meantime.
sell your trade somewhere else.

edit: yeah, what sasir said.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:00 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by sasair
MSRP of the base model is 32995, Invoice is 30104. That would put $3000 off MSRP below invoice. I don't think you will be able to do much better....
I think by NOVA he means Nova-Scotia, Canada...
Old 11-30-2006, 06:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by coldcase
I think by NOVA he means Nova-Scotia, Canada...
All russttu's posts have been in american dollars so I think he is in northern virginia, plus I don't think there are 200 RDXs within any 20 miles in nova scotia....
Old 11-30-2006, 07:51 AM
Advanced

The deal is done and we picked up our Carbon Gray Pearl Base RDX last night. It went very smooth and professionally. They did not try to push any extended warranty or add-ons like etched glass or undercoating. I did make it pretty clear beforehand that I wanted nothing more than the vehicle.

They did come up on the trade-in to KBB but not exactly what we thought it should be, but it wasn't that bad. Overall, with the 4.9% financing we are paying only about $80 per month more than we would have paid if we bought a CRV. Not bad.

The sweetest part of this is that the RDX was to replace the 1998 CRV that my wife drove. After we went over the car with the saleswoman and are ready to leave, my wife hands me the keys and says "Its yours, you deserve it". After a brief denial, I grab the keys and got behind the wheel. It sure is sweet. Just have to learn how worked everything.

Anyway, thanks to everyone on this board. It helped get me a great car at a great price. Isn't the internet wonderful? Jay
Old 11-30-2006, 09:50 AM
Intermediate

I finally purchased the Carbon Bronze Pearl/Taupe with Tech yesterday @ Pohanka Acura, I only paid $100 above invoice, with destination charge, total was $34060. Now, I need to learn all the new tech and get familiar with my new baby .
Old 11-30-2006, 11:29 AM
Advanced

I am in the Philly, PA area negotiating with a dealer thru email.

This was my first email:

Hello Ralph,

I received your email and would be able to sell you the 2007 Acura RDX
with Technology Package for $36,665. If you have any questions or if
you would like to set up a test drive just call or email and I would be
happy to help. I look forward to talking to you soon and have a great
day.

I responded back and offered to pay $500 above invoice for the Tech package. The dealer replied:

Ralph,

I apologize but the price I gave is what I am selling the RDX Tech for.

Maggie

PLEASE DO NOT DELETE THIS LINE
Used in future correspondence
-------------------------------------------------------------
(#06535CE2-AA4B-4411-8A5D-4732AEADC68D)

I then received an email later that night from the same dealer:

Hello

I was just told from my Vice President of the company to do the deal for $500.00 over invoice.

Please get back to me as soon as possible

I read that someone is purchasing one for $3k under invoice? If that's the case then I would want that deal???
Old 11-30-2006, 11:30 AM

So why not sell your trade yourself? I usually get a better deal taking my car to CarMax than I do trading at the dealer. If you have one around you it may be worth taking a look.
I have visited CarMax for a quote (about $2K higher than Acura offered), and am considering private sale too. It's just a heck of a lot more convenient when you can trade. And in the past, I have gotten fair deals so it made sense -- in other words, I wasn't sacrificing a lot of $$ for the extra convenience.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by rbone100
I read that someone is purchasing one for $3k under invoice? If that's the case then I would want that deal???

Most people are getting prices right around invoice, or a few hundred lower or higher. I have not seen any that are thousands below invoice -- that is not even possible at this point.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

I have visited CarMax for a quote (about $2K higher than Acura offered), and am considering private sale too. It's just a heck of a lot more convenient when you can trade. And in the past, I have gotten fair deals so it made sense -- in other words, I wasn't sacrificing a lot of $$ for the extra convenience.
Yeah I agree with you there. It is such a hassle selling yourself, so I only do it when I absolutely have to. CarMax has treated me good over the years and I have sold 3 cars to them so far.

That "$3k below invoice" was russtto's I believe, but he said $3k below MSRP, not below invoice. I'd buy 2 at $3k below invoice....
Old 11-30-2006, 11:44 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by hellokitty
I finally purchased the Carbon Bronze Pearl/Taupe with Tech yesterday @ Pohanka Acura, I only paid $100 above invoice, with destination charge, total was $34060. Now, I need to learn all the new tech and get familiar with my new baby .
Congrats kitty! How did Pohanka treat you? They were pretty good to me. Of course they made alot of money on me, so they should have been really nice! I have dealt with the service dept a couple times and they are pretty good too. I like the fact that I don't need an appt to go there and they are open till midnight. When they first told me that, I figured that they had a desk open till midnight that you could pickup or dropoff a vehicle, but I went in there at 10pm one night and they had a full service staff working and they serviced my car and had it done for me at 11:15pm and I picked it up the same night. That impressed me.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:00 PM
10th Gear

Acura made many more non tech at first so deals are better on them than the tech packages is what I heard
Old 11-30-2006, 12:30 PM
Intermediate

Congrats kitty! How did Pohanka treat you? They were pretty good to me. Of course they made alot of money on me, so they should have been really nice! I have dealt with the service dept a couple times and they are pretty good too. I like the fact that I don't need an appt to go there and they are open till midnight. When they first told me that, I figured that they had a desk open till midnight that you could pickup or dropoff a vehicle, but I went in there at 10pm one night and they had a full service staff working and they serviced my car and had it done for me at 11:15pm and I picked it up the same night. That impressed me.
Thanks Sasair :-). Yeah, they were very professional and very nice to me, never pushed me to get any option or warranty. I noticed that the service department open pretty late, when I picked up my car @ around 7pm last nite, still seeing lots of technician around. Since both my office and home is only 5-10 minutes from the dealer, I don't think I would have problem getting my service done. Good to know that no need for a service appointment, I can just drop off the car during lunch time and pick it up after lunch then, coz there are many restaurants near by even within walking distant.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:32 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jenny acura
Acura made many more non tech at first so deals are better on them than the tech packages is what I heard
Yeah, they offered $500 under invoice for me to get the non-tech, but I prefer the Tech.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Sasair :-). Yeah, they were very professional and very nice to me, never pushed me to get any option or warranty. I noticed that the service department open pretty late, when I picked up my car @ around 7pm last nite, still seeing lots of technician around. Since both my office and home is only 5-10 minutes from the dealer, I don't think I would have problem getting my service done. Good to know that no need for a service appointment, I can just drop off the car during lunch time and pick it up after lunch then, coz there are many restaurants near by even within walking distant.
Don't even need to walk, they'll give you a service loaner pretty quick. That night I took my car in for service, I dropped it off at about 9:45pm, got a service loaner TSX, went to Carabbas for dinner, and before I was done with dinner they called me to tell me the car was ready. What area do you work in? I work in Centreville, I'll keep an eye out for your RDX! I still have only seen two on the road....
Old 11-30-2006, 01:43 PM
Intermediate

Consumer Reports says dealers are getting an $1100 kick back for selling RDX's. That would explain the below invoice prices. I'm down to $200 above invoice for a Tech package and working to go lower.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:49 PM
Intermediate

Don't even need to walk, they'll give you a service loaner pretty quick. That night I took my car in for service, I dropped it off at about 9:45pm, got a service loaner TSX, went to Carabbas for dinner, and before I was done with dinner they called me to tell me the car was ready. What area do you work in? I work in Centreville, I'll keep an eye out for your RDX! I still have only seen two on the road....
My office is off Rt 28 & Rt 50, I normally drive from the Airport direction towards Centreville on Rt 28.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

My office is off Rt 28 & Rt 50, I normally drive from the Airport direction towards Centreville on Rt 28.
Don't think we'll see each other's RDX's on 28 too much as I come from Manassas side of 28 towards centreville! Oh well, I'll meet you at pohanka sometime!

Let me guess, government employee or government contractor? Safe guess in this area for 80% of the people! I could tell you what I do but then I'd have to kill you!
Old 12-01-2006, 12:14 AM
Diggin' the RDX!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I could tell you what I do but then I'd have to kill you!

LOL!
Old 12-01-2006, 01:32 PM
Advanced

So the price that I was quoted @ $500 above invoice is not too far off the deal as mentioned above of $3000 off of MSRP--With a $300 difference. The $3k off of invoice works out to be $33495 vs $33790 which is $500 above invoice. This is for the RDX tech package.

The dealer I am negotiating with has 16 on the lot. If the dealer is getting an $1100 kickback from Acura (Info from the above post
) then I guess I can do a bit better on my deal???

I called the internet sales person because I wanted to go meet and deal with her in person today but she's out of the office. I am waiting for her to call me back. I want to sit face to face and try to work out a deal. I am ready to buy today. I could always walk out of the dealership and wait for her to call me back if I don't like the deal.

LET THE GAME BEGIN! (Who said car buying isn't fun... I enjoy this part!)
Old 12-01-2006, 01:40 PM

You should have tried this yesterday. Many dealers are super desperate on the last couple days of the month as they try to meet targets for bonuses. The first day of the next month means you have about 25-58 days to go before they get real desperate again! But hey, give it a shot, you never know.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

The $3k off of invoice works out to be $33495 vs $33790 which is $500 above invoice. This is for the RDX tech package.

The dealer I am negotiating with has 16 on the lot. If the dealer is getting an $1100 kickback from Acura (Info from the above post
) then I guess I can do a bit better on my deal???
You mean $3k off of MSRP.

Yes they are getting an $1100 holdback, but that doesn't mean that you can get it for $1100 under invoice. Dealers still have costs of their own that they have to pay for, like rent and advertising and payroll, etc. I don't think you'll get anywhere under invoice on a tech right now, but you can probably get a few hundred over invoice. Good luck to you though!

You probably could have got a better deal yesterday, than you will for the next 3 weeks. If you can wait till the end of december, the week between xmas and new years, you'll probably get the best deal you can get.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:52 PM
Advanced

Yes they are getting an $1100 holdback, but that doesn't mean that you can get it for $1100 under invoice. Dealers still have costs of their own that they have to pay for, like rent and advertising and payroll, etc. I don't think you'll get anywhere under invoice on a tech right now, but you can probably get a few hundred over invoice. Good luck to you though!

You probably could have got a better deal yesterday, than you will for the next 3 weeks. If you can wait till the end of december, the week between xmas and new years, you'll probably get the best deal you can get.
If need be I can wait until the end of December. My 2000 Honda Passport is still going strong!
Old 12-01-2006, 01:53 PM
Advanced

I did mean $3k off of MSRP.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

If need be I can wait until the end of December. My 2000 Honda Passport is still going strong!
That also gives you extra time to work other dealers in the area if you wanted to put them up against each other and let them fight for your business.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Advanced

The January issue of Consumers Report will arrive in mailboxes in about a week. Millions of Americans that subscribe to CR will get their 1st look at the RDX. It will be interesting to see if RDX sales pick up. CR will also be reviewing the CX-7 & X3.

Quick Reply: Discounts on RDXs