Discounts on RDXs

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 10:43 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crazymjb
The dealership that said they would be more flexible with non techs I believe was Herb Connoly, but than again, they pretty much told me I would have to pay MSRP for a tech there, so overall I don't know how much they will do for you.

Jbinny, be sure to tell the dealership you have heard from other buyers on a "web group" that they are getting pretty damn close to invoice, and that it is no secret these vehicles aren't selling well.

Mike
Most dealers are going to be more felxible with non techs due to higher demand for tech models, coupled with lower dealer alottment on Tech models.

All depends on location. RDX's sell pretty decently in New York State, so you will be hard pressed to find one in NYS at or close to invoice. I'm not going to say its impossible, if a friend of yours is an SM or GM @ an Acura store..i'm sure you can get even an MDX with Tech & Ent close to invoice.

i've worked for 2 Acura stores in NY & have buddys who work in 2 other Acura stores. of the 4...none are letting RDX's go for close to invoice., especially not ones equip with Tech package. Not yet anyway.

Old 11-13-2006, 09:54 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is no demand for anything in the SF Bay Area. Some of the people in other areas may want to take a road trip to get a deal. The San Jose dealer offering the huge discount sold 2 this weekend and the other dealer standing pat sold a big goose egg. Between those dealers, there are 60 RDXs rotting on the lots. And with gas prices going back up after the election, who knows what the fate of those cars will be.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:17 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by creativeguy
There is no demand for anything in the SF Bay Area. Some of the people in other areas may want to take a road trip to get a deal. The San Jose dealer offering the huge discount sold 2 this weekend and the other dealer standing pat sold a big goose egg. Between those dealers, there are 60 RDXs rotting on the lots. And with gas prices going back up after the election, who knows what the fate of those cars will be.

a road trip to get a car is in the best interest always, especially if you are going to lease.

for starters, if you are leasing...driving the car back a thousand miles or more is going to just add mileage to your lease. and if you need those miles...then you are just going to end up paying for them at the end of your lease.

it is best to buy a car from the dealer you plan to get it serviced at. Most Acura stores wont give you a loaner unless the car being serviced was purchased from them. The dealer i currently work for also gives 15% discounts on parts & labor that arnt covered under warrenty.

so the question is, is taking a day or two off from work to save a few hundred dollars worth the extra mileage you are putting on the car as well as forfeiting VIP service.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:09 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Fox944
a road trip to get a car is in the best interest always, especially if you are going to lease.

for starters, if you are leasing...driving the car back a thousand miles or more is going to just add mileage to your lease. and if you need those miles...then you are just going to end up paying for them at the end of your lease.

it is best to buy a car from the dealer you plan to get it serviced at. Most Acura stores wont give you a loaner unless the car being serviced was purchased from them. The dealer i currently work for also gives 15% discounts on parts & labor that arnt covered under warrenty.

so the question is, is taking a day or two off from work to save a few hundred dollars worth the extra mileage you are putting on the car as well as forfeiting VIP service.
I don't think this is particularly good advice. I leased my 2003 Acura MDX from a dealer about 500 miles away. Even if I go over my mileage for the lease (which I won't,) the excess mileage charge would only amount to $75.00. The cost of a one-way rental car to drive to pick up the MDX was about $150.00.

By using this dealer, I saved about $1,500 over what I could get locally...I'll let you do the math.

My local Acura dealer either doesn't know or doesn't care where the car was purchased. I get the same level of service as any other customer, including an RDX loaner last week while they did a warranty repair.

Every situation is different.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:04 PM
Racer

i'm sure they'll be below invoice by next year
Old 11-14-2006, 01:19 PM
07 RDX - Royal Blue/Ebony

OK, here's my latest deal for a base RDX: $31322 including winter mats, auto-dim mirror, body side molding, roof rack, mud flaps, and wheel locks (I asked for the parts only, I would install them myself). Those accessories would cost me $923 online and I estimate they are about $600-700 at dealer cost. So they are essentially giving me invoice all the way around. Decisions, decisions....
Old 11-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by c_hunter
OK, here's my latest deal for a base RDX: $31322 including winter mats, auto-dim mirror, body side molding, roof rack, mud flaps, and wheel locks (I asked for the parts only, I would install them myself). Those accessories would cost me $923 online and I estimate they are about $600-700 at dealer cost. So they are essentially giving me invoice all the way around. Decisions, decisions....
Sounds like a great deal to me!

I've seen you post in just about every forum pertaining to the RDX. So now... time to finally get one??? Good luck!
Old 11-14-2006, 03:06 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by c_hunter
The price wil be even lower next week if you wait.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:06 PM
Intermediate

Md/va???

I'm trying to buy one either this month or next month. Any discount for MD or Northern VA yet?
Old 11-14-2006, 04:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by hellokitty
I'm trying to buy one either this month or next month. Any discount for MD or Northern VA yet?
I think radley will discount in falls church more than pohanka will in chantilly, but pohanka has tons of them in stock so they should want to deal. their website shows 72 in stock.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:33 PM
Intermediate

Thanks, will check them up next weekend.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by jhwu
Sounds like a great deal to me!

I've seen you post in just about every forum pertaining to the RDX. So now... time to finally get one??? Good luck!
We'll see -- I might be having more fun shopping and posting on all the forums than actually buying one! I would love to find red with black interior but so far all the red RDXs have taupe... Probably go for CG or Silver with black interior.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:52 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by IndyDaveS2K
I don't think this is particularly good advice. I leased my 2003 Acura MDX from a dealer about 500 miles away. Even if I go over my mileage for the lease (which I won't,) the excess mileage charge would only amount to $75.00. The cost of a one-way rental car to drive to pick up the MDX was about $150.00.

By using this dealer, I saved about $1,500 over what I could get locally...I'll let you do the math.

My local Acura dealer either doesn't know or doesn't care where the car was purchased. I get the same level of service as any other customer, including an RDX loaner last week while they did a warranty repair.

Every situation is different.
every situation is different, which is why i said a road trip isn't always in the best interest. it may be in some cases. all depends on how much money you are saving.

and yes, i agree....every dealerships is different. some will give loaners only to customers who purchased their car at that dealership. I've worked for 2 different Acura stores, Where im currently working they give what they call "VIP" customers a loaner. in your case you recieved an RDX loaner in place of your MDX. if you purchased the car from us and get it serviced here you would get a top of the line MDX loaner, if one is not available, then we would give you an RL loaner. its always equal to or better here. You would also get a 15% discount on parts & labor not covered under warrenty, as well as on any accessories you buy.

also, dont forget to calculate the days off from work(if any) by driving or flying cross country to get a better discount aswell as teh gas spent driving to and from that dealership.

in the end, for some its worth it, for others it isn't. depends on how much you are saving and what if anyting you are sacraficing.

I lost a customer to a dealership in Texas just the other day. He is saving $700 on an RL with Tech package. i was selling him the car @ invoice minus the $4,000 rebate. This texas dealer is offering him the same car for $700 less, so he is going to fly out there to buy the car. When you add the cost of a plane ticket to Texas, the gas it will cost to drive the car back, and all the extra time spent getting the car plus the mileage you are adding to the o.d. Was it really worth the extra $700 he saved on the selling price? To him it was, to me it would not be.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:08 PM
Intermediate

Smile Quote from Pohanka Acura

They are selling close to invoice for non-tech now............

Thank you for your inquiry to Pohanka Acura's E-Commerce Department. I look forward to providing you with information about the Acura RDX. As the Number 1 Acura dealership in the nation, we have the largest inventory in the nation available for immediate delivery.

Your exclusive Pohanka Acura E-Commerce Price on the 2007 Acura RDX Tech Pkg is $35,881.00

Your exclusive Pohanka Acura E-Commerce Price on the 2007 Acura RDX Non-Tech is $30,604.00

Your exclusive Pohanka Acura E-Commerce Price on a certified pre-owned Acura MDX is $29,999.00
Old 11-15-2006, 04:11 PM
Suzuka Master

You realize you have to actually negotiate with them to get a good price. My exclusive price was no lower than 35,999 until I argued with them over the phone to 34,100, and that is just over the phone, though I doubt I can get much lower.

Mike
Old 11-15-2006, 05:39 PM

Your exclusive Pohanka Acura E-Commerce Price on the 2007 Acura RDX Tech Pkg is $35,881.00

Your exclusive Pohanka Acura E-Commerce Price on the 2007 Acura RDX Non-Tech is $30,604.00

Your exclusive Pohanka Acura E-Commerce Price on a certified pre-owned Acura MDX is $29,999.00

Damn, that base price is about $100 under invoice!
Old 11-15-2006, 08:26 PM
Advanced

I saw today on Edmunds that Acura is offering a special on financing. 6% for 36 months. Not sure that that is much of a deal. Went by an Acura dealer today and there were 15 RDX's in his lot. They had the same number last week when I went by. Too bad there aren't better incentives being offered. It might swing us to an RDX rather than a CRV that we are now leaning toward because of price. We aren't in a hurry so we are hoping that there will be more soon. Jay
Old 11-15-2006, 08:27 PM
Advanced

hellokitty - Do those prices include Destination Charges?
Old 11-15-2006, 10:21 PM
Base RDX - Carbon Pearl

Price

Thank you for your inquiry to Pohanka Acura's E-Commerce Department. I look forward to providing you with information about the Acura RDX. As the Number 1 Acura dealership in the nation, we have the largest inventory in the nation available for immediate delivery.

I wish we have this kind of price in Canada !
Old 11-16-2006, 03:34 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by acurardx
I wish we have this kind of price in Canada !
Yeah....Acura Canada is sucking our wallet big time. They need an aggressive leasing program like BMW and their X3...that's their target supposedly. Well they would sell more RDX if they would offer lease offers on it that weren't 2.5% higher than the competition.

I love the RDX but right now Acura is making me feel stupid if I lease from them....so I don't
Old 11-16-2006, 09:08 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JayCT
hellokitty - Do those prices include Destination Charges?
Here is the full email detail, probably not include the destination charges...........

Remember that in addition to many other benefits that I will be happy to share with you,
Acura Certified Pre-owned gives you the benefit of the remainder of the factory warranty plus
1 year, 12000 miles bumper to bumper warranty and 7 year, 100000 mile powertrain warranty,
which can be upgraded to bumper to bumper protection

All prices are subject to tax, title, license, and all fees. Prices subject to market conditions and is only available through the E-Commerce Department.

Since our time is an indispensable commodity, I would like to set aside a specific time for us to meet. As our process is client focused and hassle free, I would like to share with you that this particular model is in very high demand. Therefore, I recommend that we meet this week, perhaps today or tomorrow to finalize your transaction, unless this is something you were planning on doing a little further down the road.

We also recommend that you print this page, and present it to your Business Manager in order to receive 10% off of the following protection programs:

ACURA CARE- Mechanical component coverage beyond the manufacturer's
warranty, plus rental, towing, and trip interruption protection.
Your manufacturer's warranty can be upgraded to eight years and 120000 miles.

GAP PROTECTION- Total loss protection. Pays the deficient balance difference between
insurance proceeds and the amount you still owe to the lender.
Also covers up to $1000 of your insurance deductible

A TOUCH OF CLASS- Internal and External protection form the harsh elements.
This helps to preserve the future value of your new or pre-owned vehicle.

DENT PROTECTION- Removes small dents and dings, as well as wheel rim scrapes and repairs minor paint chips.

TIRE CARE PLUS- $2500 theft benefit, and pays to repair or replace damaged tires and rims, along with roadside assistance.

Pohanka Acura's E-Commerce Department recommends the following consumer research sites for new and pre-owned information and price guides:

Edmunds Kelly Blue Book

These sites are industry recognized for accuracy and maintain the highest standards of reliability. When comparing pricing, it is helpful to use the same site as a guide for both retail and trade evaluations. This ensures the most consistent guide to pricing.

Should you need further assistance, or have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to respond to this e-mail, or to call me. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

To assist each guest properly I work by appointment....see my work schedule below:

Andrew J Lewis
Internet Sales Manager
(Office) 703-968-6600
(Cell) 703-618-0925
Email: andrew.lewis@pohankadealerspace.com
Old 11-16-2006, 09:38 AM
Advanced

It doesn't really say anything about the Destination Charges, just mentions that it is subject to tax, title, license and fees. Could fees include Destination Charges. There are posts over on the MDX Web Site that some dealers will try to say that the Destination Charge is a fee, but legally (in some States) it isn't. I would clarify that. Jay
Old 11-16-2006, 09:51 AM

I am sure that includes destination -- they rarely leave that out without mentioning it. For one thing, it's included on the window sticker in the bottom line price.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Racer

That price for the tech isn't good. I've been quoted $34600 for a tech (includes dest).
Old 11-16-2006, 11:47 AM
2007 Royal Blue Pearl RDX

pricing

Did the quote include any options?

I bought my RDX a couple of weeks ago for the following:

$33,900

This included: running boards, roof rack, cargo tray, wheel locks, clear bra installed, floor mats and the destination charge.

Happy hunting!!
Old 11-16-2006, 10:02 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
buying outside your local neighborhood

i know i read something within this thread that basically said you should buy from an acura dealer close by. i actually thought the same way. but i have better offers 30 miles or so away & will save over $2,000 on the tech package i am looking for. my friend said that all acura dealerships will be happy to service the vehicle no matter where i purchased it. i never owned an acura & this will be my first. i just want to be sure that i am not overlooking anything. i appreciate your comments.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:24 PM
Suzuka Master

We really like our local Acura dealership but the ones a few miles out are offering really low prices, and offering to drive the vehicle out here. If our dealership can't match that we will just go to one of them. If we can get the new MDX down to 41-41.5 with tech we may go with that, but that will be MUCH harder.

Mike
Old 11-16-2006, 10:54 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jbinnyc
i know i read something within this thread that basically said you should buy from an acura dealer close by. i actually thought the same way. but i have better offers 30 miles or so away & will save over $2,000 on the tech package i am looking for. my friend said that all acura dealerships will be happy to service the vehicle no matter where i purchased it. i never owned an acura & this will be my first. i just want to be sure that i am not overlooking anything. i appreciate your comments.
I'm not that overly concerned about buying close to my home. Most Acura dealers I've asked quotes from for service have no issues with giving a loaner car if given enough notice. Afterall, they do want your business and money. I still only take our cars to our preferred dealer 35miles away as it is close to my work, but I do check other dealer's for quotes just to make sure my own dealer is not overcharging.

To me, over $2000 savings certainly justify a 30 mile drive!!! I'm sure you won't have issues going to your local dealer for service.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:02 AM
Advanced

jbinnyc - When we bought our MDX in 2001, they were impossible to find unless you paid significantly over MSRP or bought a LOT of add-ons that we did not need or want. I sent email inquiries to every dealership within a 100 mile radius of our home. We found the vehicle we wanted at MSRP with no add-ons at a dealership in NY, 99 miles from our home. We did the final negoiations and paperwork over the internet and by fax and did our tradein on the day we picked the vehicle up.

We service the MDX at our local dealership and have no problems at all. Certainly $2000 is worth a 30 mile drive. We thought $1000 was worth a 99 mile drive. Jay
Old 11-17-2006, 08:07 AM
5th Gear

hellokitty,

am in the area looking for a tech model, maybe we can teamup and make a purchase there, we want blue/gray, tech w/ roof rack at least, but dont mind few more options at a decent price, the price they quote for me is same as yours, but I think it should get cheaper as it is closing to end of the month, and end of the year.

iceox
Old 11-17-2006, 08:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by iceox
hellokitty,

am in the area looking for a tech model, maybe we can teamup and make a purchase there, we want blue/gray, tech w/ roof rack at least, but dont mind few more options at a decent price, the price they quote for me is same as yours, but I think it should get cheaper as it is closing to end of the month, and end of the year.

iceox
I don't think end of the year will matter much since it is a 2007 vehicle, but end of the month certainly will. Plus the fact that Pohanka has 79 RDXs in stock. Thats not so bad though, they have 55 07 MDXs in stock too.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:39 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by sasair
I don't think end of the year will matter much since it is a 2007 vehicle, but end of the month certainly will. Plus the fact that Pohanka has 79 RDXs in stock. Thats not so bad though, they have 55 07 MDXs in stock too.

End of November = tally up monthly quotas
End of December = End of quarter
End of March = This appears to be the end of Honda's fiscal year
~ November 2007 = The 2008 models arrive... assuming there is a 2008 model

The end of year will matter a lot because it is the end of the fiscal quarter. It has nothing to do with model years and everything to do with making corporate quarterly sales numbers.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:03 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by iceox
hellokitty,

iceox
That sounds like a good plan for me. I need Grey/Bronze, Tech w/roof rack & tint. My brother is a mechanic who works for Honda dealer in Bethesda, I can have him add other stuffs for me later on. Just emailed another dealer to see if they can give us good deal, like selling the car @ invoice for 2 car. That dealer told me he can sell me the non-tech for invoice + life time free oil change for the car.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:00 PM
5th Gear

That sounds like a good plan for me. I need Grey/Bronze, Tech w/roof rack & tint. My brother is a mechanic who works for Honda dealer in Bethesda, I can have him add other stuffs for me later on. Just emailed another dealer to see if they can give us good deal, like selling the car @ invoice for 2 car. That dealer told me he can sell me the non-tech for invoice + life time free oil change for the car.
gush, world is so small, i also know a mech who works in honda dealership in bethesda. by now, this sales person i deal with wants me to go in to seal my deal at price of 34k for blue/gray tech with roof rack at the end of the month. At least that is what am getting in my email
Old 11-17-2006, 05:45 PM
Advanced

I had a dealer call and leave me a message saying he would be willin to go to invoice if we buy by the end of the month. If Acura offers reduced financing like posted on another thread, this really puts the RDX in the running.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:16 PM
rdxsteverino

Finally ready to make the purchase. I'm lookin at $35K for the tech package (includes wheel locks, mud guards and destination but not TTL). Will add roof racks for $480 and chrome 18" stock wheels for $600, both installed. Pickin it up tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Congrats, good luck tomorrow and good luck getting some sleep tonight!
Old 11-18-2006, 07:34 PM
rdxsteverino

Finally Got it and Love it

Originally Posted by sasair
Congrats, good luck tomorrow and good luck getting some sleep tonight!
Got the deal I arranged completely through e-mail: $35,000 for the Silver, ebony interior, tech package, including destination, without TTL. Roof racks for $480 and chrome stock 18" wheels for $600 both installed. Too busy playing with the gadgets and having fun right now. Will post impressions later.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:49 AM
7th Gear

HelloKitty and ICEOX,

I am in the northern virginia area as well and I received te same quote for a tech RDX from the pohanka dealer as well. I was wondering HELLOKITTY if you ended up purchasing at that price or did you get a better quote. ICEOX where did you find a tech RDX for that price 34k. Thanks guys
Old 11-19-2006, 05:34 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by todsulli
HelloKitty and ICEOX,

I am in the northern virginia area as well and I received te same quote for a tech RDX from the pohanka dealer as well. I was wondering HELLOKITTY if you ended up purchasing at that price or did you get a better quote. ICEOX where did you find a tech RDX for that price 34k. Thanks guys
Todsulli,

I haven't purchased the car yet, won't have time to stop by the dealer till next Friday. I told the dealer I won't buy the car unless it is @ invoice, coz I can wait.

Quick Reply: Discounts on RDXs