Discounts on RDXs

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by c_hunter
It's the classic situation where they cut the price on the new car and attempt to make it up on the back end with the trade. That's not much help to me!
That's when I'd pull the trade from the deal, take the invoice cost offer for the RDX base, and go sell the trade elsewhere. Of course that would have to be convenient for you to do it that way.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:20 PM
2007 Royal Blue Pearl RDX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RDX quote

I'm currently looking at $34,800 for the tech package with the running boards, roof rack, clear bra installed, mud guards, wheel locks, cargo tray and destination charge.

We'll see what I decide tomorrow.

Good hunting people.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Quazi27
I'm currently looking at $34,800 for the tech package with the running boards, roof rack, clear bra installed, mud guards, wheel locks, cargo tray and destination charge.

We'll see what I decide tomorrow.

Good hunting people.
Well thts gotta be prety close to invoice cost with all the accessories. If I remember right invoice for the tech was about $33,900 including destination with no accessories.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:56 AM
2nd Gear

discounts

I got an internet quote from an acura dealership originally for 36,600 which I politely did not accept then he lowered it down to 35,600 for a RDX w/ tech. I counter with a 36,400 including sales tax and all fees included. I don't think he was happy because he replied by giving me an invoice price of 33,900 which he is not willing to sell below invoice. I'm not in a rush to get an RDX however, it was a fun car to test drive compared with the toyota highlander. All of you are right, it gets the same gas mileage as an MDX and its only four cylinder. It doesn't have heated or motor passenger seats. I'm waiting for another counter offer. The other acura dealership in the area only quote the MSRP with out any deals. From the forum, I might just wait and see...
Old 11-04-2006, 10:25 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hmquan
I got an internet quote from an acura dealership originally for 36,600 which I politely did not accept then he lowered it down to 35,600 for a RDX w/ tech. I counter with a 36,400 including sales tax and all fees included. I don't think he was happy because he replied by giving me an invoice price of 33,900 which he is not willing to sell below invoice. I'm not in a rush to get an RDX however, it was a fun car to test drive compared with the toyota highlander. All of you are right, it gets the same gas mileage as an MDX and its only four cylinder. It doesn't have heated or motor passenger seats. I'm waiting for another counter offer. The other acura dealership in the area only quote the MSRP with out any deals. From the forum, I might just wait and see...
You may want to make sure you have your facts straight. The RDX has heated front seats (both driver and passenger). It's the memory seats and power passenger seat that are lacking. It also gets slightly better mileage than the MDX. RDX mileage is 19/23 while the MDX is 17/22.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:03 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by kalihoku77
So, now that it's November, and the lower than projected sales aren't such a secret, what prices are people getting? I was offered 35,800 in an internet quote, can I expect to get much lower when I actually go in and haggle?
Kalihoku77,

I'm going to start contacting dealers over the next couple of weeks in OC, LA & SD.
Which dealer quoted you $38,500? I'll post prices in next couple of weeks.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:58 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by OC-RDX
Kalihoku77,

I'm going to start contacting dealers over the next couple of weeks in OC, LA & SD.
Which dealer quoted you $38,500? I'll post prices in next couple of weeks.
Oops, meant to say $35,800.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:31 PM

Hey all,

I just picked up my Royal Blue Pearl tech package for $34,489 including running boards, roof rack, clear bra installed, cargo tray, mud guards, wheel locks, and free oil changes.

I think overall, it was a pretty good deal.

Any thoughts?
Old 11-05-2006, 11:33 PM
Intermediate

rdx for 34k

Quazi27, where do you live? I've got a quote for $34,500 from a northern CA dealership but your deal sounds better since you got some accessories.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Sounds excellent. So that is like what, 1800 of invoice and an additional 1800 in options in a car that most dealerships insist must go for MSRP?

Mike
Old 11-06-2006, 12:33 AM

New RDX

I'm in Southern California. I think the invoice is around $33,900 so $34,449 including the options seem to work out a little below invoice.

So far, I love the RDX. I'll see what kind of gas mileage I can get.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:36 PM
Advanced

I'm in Southern California. I think the invoice is around $33,900 so $34,449 including the options seem to work out a little below invoice.

Quazi27,

I'm in Southern California & plan to start talking pricing with dealers around here, in next couple of weeks. What dealer did you buy your Royal Blue Pearl from?
Old 11-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Intermediate

Wow, that's a great deal! I think you price is the lowest todate. Mileage does stink in this car for "city" driving. We live in Chicago and my wife's commute is 1 mi each way w/ lots of traffic and lights. We've been averaging around 15mpg. Haha, that's ok though. The car more than makes up for it in driving fun. On the bright side, highway mileage with no traffic is about 24mpg, which is pretty good.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:57 PM

OC-RDX, check out Acura of Riverside. See Rich and tell him Alan sent ya. He gave me the great deal. I've taken my previous vehicles to this dealer for their Service Dept. They've always taken care of my concerns with no problems what-so-ever.

JHWU, after a couple of weeks of negotiating on the internet, I finally found the best deal I could get. Yes, I agree with you that the fun factor is awesome. I can't wait to get the break-in period over and have a little more fun with it. I'm only on my first tank of gas and i'm averaging 19mpg.

We'll see how it goes as time goes by.

Talk to you guys later,
Old 11-09-2006, 12:00 AM
Advanced

Thanks Quazi27,

I'll make sure to include Rich @ Acura of Riverside, when I start sending emails this weekend.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Intermediate

34K quote!

got my first $34k quote on a tech RDX. I'm very tempted... that's only $100 over invoice but they have 42 on their lot. I will ask them to throw in the auto-dimming mirror and maybe protection package and see what they say.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:40 AM
Suzuka Master

Aright... My mother wants me to screw around a bit with online negotiations with our dealership. I'm thinking I should ask for 34K and than add the wanted accessories from there, instead of asking 36 flat with XXX accessories. Has anyone gotten these prices in the MA area, so I can give them some competition?

Mike
Old 11-10-2006, 12:24 PM
07 RDX - Royal Blue/Ebony

Originally Posted by crazymjb
Aright... My mother wants me to screw around a bit with online negotiations with our dealership. I'm thinking I should ask for 34K and than add the wanted accessories from there, instead of asking 36 flat with XXX accessories. Has anyone gotten these prices in the MA area, so I can give them some competition?

Mike

If there are some accessories you absolutely want, then I would roll those into the total price you suggest to the dealer. You can check the online discount parts prices, and knock off another 20% or so to get to the invoice price on the parts. If you want installation, add some $$ back in. By going with a total price, you are 1) adding confusion to pressure them (nice to do it the other way around for a change) and 2) potentially giving them more wiggle room to meet your price. For instance, they may be able to sacrifice profit on the accessories to meet the vehicle price, or the other way around.

If you really want to confuse/pressure them, get the terms for financing or lease and distill everything down to a monthly payment and downpayment. The dealer typically does this when they want to get you to pay more, but I have found it to be an effective tool on the buyer's side if you want to pay less. You just need to be educated on the lease/finance calculations, which I think any buyer should.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:34 PM
Suzuka Master

I may need a little help with this. I drafted up this email, and of course have not sent it yet:

Based of some quotes people I have talked to have gotten, the low appears to be 34K with destination for an RDX equipped with a technology package. I am going to shoot for the low with you guys, seeing as you were able to do excellently on our TL. I have what I believe at this point to be the final list of accessories we would be getting with the vehicle.

The accessories we would like are as follows:
1.Clear Bra - It was about $680 on the TL, and I have heard that price ranging to 1000 for the RDX
2. Auto Day/Night mirror $290
3. All Season Floor Mats $125
4. Cargo Liner $180
5. Splash Guards $89
6. Rear Bumper Guard $ 67

This would add an additional $1431 to $1711 depending on the price of the clear bra, bringing the price of the vehicle equipped to $35431 to $35711 out the door, with exception to tax and title.

We would be interested in financing the vehicle over 5 years with a trade in valued between $5500 and $6200 and up to $5000 in addition being put down. I know last time you were able to beat our bank in terms of APR, and seeing as our credit hasn't fluctuated negatively I wouldn't see that as a problem. I assume this would be worked out more extensively with your finance manager?
Mike
Old 11-10-2006, 12:43 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by elgage44
but they have 42 on their lot.

Old 11-10-2006, 12:54 PM
2nd Gear

NorCal

I'm in NorCal. Just a straight online quote from a few different dealers got ranges from MSRP to $34,461 (destination included). This is without any negotiating. Best quotes came from larger dealers in big metro areas like Sacramento, and the South Bay. Also checked some of the SoCal dealers and they were initially quoting 36K range before coming down to match the 34.4K quote from local dealers.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:41 PM
Advanced

I received a "casual" quote of $31,700 for a base model . Think they could do better since they have a number of them on the lot and that we are in no big hurry. Anybody see any incentives coming from Acura on these vehicles? Jay
Old 11-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Intermediate

42 on lot

yes having 42 on a lot in a medium-sized city says a lot about how the RDX sales are going. only at about 50% of Acura's goals I'm told...
Old 11-10-2006, 06:56 PM
Racer

Just got an unsolicited email from a dealer in San Jose. $2200 off MSRP (inc dest) for base and $2500 off MSRP for tech. A quick check online shows that they have 38 in stock. The prices are falling fast. It will be interesting to see how low they go as we get towards the end of the (calendar and fiscal) year.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:29 AM
Advanced

anyone want to explain how to "haggle" over the internet? it seems like one could get much better deals this way...
Old 11-11-2006, 09:03 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by nyi37
anyone want to explain how to "haggle" over the internet? it seems like one could get much better deals this way...
no need to, just calculate a price that you want (wtihin some reason) and shoot it to the dealer. Tell them you will come in and buy it if they meet the deal. Thats all it takes.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:04 AM
Advanced

plus id imagine, if there isnt any advertised rebate, there is/will be a dealer cash incentive going on. This will easily allow the dealer to sell the car at even invoice and still make a couple grand.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:17 AM
Advanced

so basically you just are all friendly and let them know you have interest, and list a price youll pay and grounds to prove its reasonable?
Old 11-11-2006, 10:50 PM
5th Gear

don't list the price

Originally Posted by nyi37
so basically you just are all friendly and let them know you have interest, and list a price youll pay and grounds to prove its reasonable?
I actually found it better to just ask for their best price and then give the top 3 respondents another round of email, letting them know you best quote and see if they want to beat it. It is hard to know who really want your business. If you show your hand first (the price you are willing to make a deal), they will never come back with a price that is lower. In 12/03 and 1/04, I shopped for an 04 Honda EX-L couple lease in Northern California and an 04 Honda EX-L sedan purchase in Tucson, AZ (I guess you can say that I like honda). In California, I get ours from Anderson Honda for 1000 below invoice and Honda money factor (no dealer mark up) and in Tucson, I get invoice. The difference is that we have may be 15 -20 Honda dealers around bay area (if you go all the way to Sac etc.) and only 5 dealers in Tucson/Phoenix area. I took the address from honda site, send out identical email asking for the best price, money factor etc to 20 or so dealers around bay area. About 1/2 responded and price range all the way from invoice -300 to MSRP (and a couple told me to come in ...). And I send out another round of email letting the salesman(s) the quote I got so far. 5 or 6 of them come back with better quote. And we ended up with Anderson Honda. The whole process took about 4-5 hours including sending email and responded etc.

However, if you are chasing a hot car, it does not work. We have a few cars that we paid MSRP as well. So it all depend on local supply/demand of the particular model you like.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:20 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by topgun04
I actually found it better to just ask for their best price and then give the top 3 respondents another round of email, letting them know you best quote and see if they want to beat it. It is hard to know who really want your business. If you show your hand first (the price you are willing to make a deal), they will never come back with a price that is lower. In 12/03 and 1/04, I shopped for an 04 Honda EX-L couple lease in Northern California and an 04 Honda EX-L sedan purchase in Tucson, AZ (I guess you can say that I like honda). In California, I get ours from Anderson Honda for 1000 below invoice and Honda money factor (no dealer mark up) and in Tucson, I get invoice. The difference is that we have may be 15 -20 Honda dealers around bay area (if you go all the way to Sac etc.) and only 5 dealers in Tucson/Phoenix area. I took the address from honda site, send out identical email asking for the best price, money factor etc to 20 or so dealers around bay area. About 1/2 responded and price range all the way from invoice -300 to MSRP (and a couple told me to come in ...). And I send out another round of email letting the salesman(s) the quote I got so far. 5 or 6 of them come back with better quote. And we ended up with Anderson Honda. The whole process took about 4-5 hours including sending email and responded etc.

However, if you are chasing a hot car, it does not work. We have a few cars that we paid MSRP as well. So it all depend on local supply/demand of the particular model you like.
If there are only 2-3 of that brand dealers in the area do you think it will work so well?
thanks for the help, just trying to help my parents with their next purchase, hopefully, a very nice TL or RDX
Old 11-12-2006, 12:25 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by s4iscool
no need to, just calculate a price that you want (wtihin some reason) and shoot it to the dealer. Tell them you will come in and buy it if they meet the deal. Thats all it takes.
You might also tell them in the email, the prices you are seeing on AcuraZine, especially if any of the prices are from dealers in your general area. Most of the salespeople should be familiar with AcuraZine. If you go in to the dealer to talk price, print out a copy of this thread & bring it with you.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Well I've revised my strategy. I have emailed the two dealerships best "renowned" near us, and called the third(as all they had was an option to call me with a quote. I am waiting on the two emails but the one multi car dealership quoted me at 37,165 Firm

Another Acura Dealership said that they have a 4-6 week hold on the techs, but the non techs are going for under MSRP because they have a bunch on the lot that just aren't moving, but I informed him I wasn't interested.

Finally I called another dealership who told me the MSRP and said he would talk to his manager and get back to me in an hour or so with the quote.

We are only seriously considering 2 dealerships near by, with a bias towards one, but more quotes doesn't hurt.

The reason I am not doing web quotes with other farther dealerships is I haven't been in contact with them enough to get staff email, and when I request a quote we just get multiple phone calls.

My goal would be to get the vehicle for under 34,500 before accessories, and get the accessories for under what they cost in addition. I'd like to be out the door with under 36K with everything we want, but that will largely hinge on the clear bra.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Mike
Old 11-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Suzuka Master

I've had one dealership basically say they would go 100 over invoice if I agreed to buy the vehicle the day he returns to his office (Wednesday). We have had dealerships do this in the past, usually if you just show them they said this they are backed into a corner and give it up any time you go back in.

I am still waiting for a response on the other 2 dealerships.

Mike
Old 11-12-2006, 02:19 PM
Suzuka Master

I just heard back from one of the dealerships who will give me $50 above invoice totaling $34,100 with inspection sticker and destination. I am still waiting for the final (and most important) dealership to contact me. I figure since I have these quotes, they will have to match it, and, we can probably get additional benefits in dealership loyalty... But we will see.

Mike
Old 11-12-2006, 05:06 PM
5th Gear

keep it going, guys. I am looking for one too in MD area, if any has a good deal going here, please posted, thanks
Old 11-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Advanced

Mike - Who are the dealers you are dealing with that are saying $50 over invoice and who has all the base models that they want to get rid of? We are looking for a base model but are just starting to check around. Even though we are in CT, we would be willing to travel for a good deal. When we bought our MDX 4 years ago, I emailed every dealer ship within 100 miles of us and we ended up buying it about 99 miles away in NY State. They had the model and color we wanted with no add-ons at the price we wanted to pay. Thanks, Jay
Old 11-12-2006, 05:42 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NYC area pricing??

hey guys, i haven't had the luck like many of you. i test drove the rdx yesterday & they only offered me $700 below msrp. i did get one dealer via the Internet that said they do $1,000 below msrp. if anyone hears of something better in the NYC area, please send me a note!

joe
Old 11-12-2006, 06:15 PM
Suzuka Master

The dealer who is going 50 above invoice is First Acura in Seekonk MA, the dealer that is going 100 above invoice is Clair Acura. I still have to deal with our dealer of choice, Acura of Boston, but I am confident they will bow down and match these other prices, possibly top them, and hopefully include some loyalty.

The dealership that said they would be more flexible with non techs I believe was Herb Connoly, but than again, they pretty much told me I would have to pay MSRP for a tech there, so overall I don't know how much they will do for you.

Jbinny, be sure to tell the dealership you have heard from other buyers on a "web group" that they are getting pretty damn close to invoice, and that it is no secret these vehicles aren't selling well.

Mike
Old 11-12-2006, 10:06 PM
Advanced

invoice already? ouch. Wait till after thxgiving...invoice or even lower id imagine. Got to be some dealer cash going on here.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:19 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by s4iscool
invoice already? ouch. Wait till after thxgiving...invoice or even lower id imagine. Got to be some dealer cash going on here.
there is no dealer cash on any '07 models.

Quick Reply: Discounts on RDXs