the shit has finally hit the fan!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 12:43 PM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the shit has finally hit the fan!!!

yesterday.....well to begin the story, i installed the alternator and had to move the tensioner to get the belt on. went to start the engine, no ground noise, i was so happy. but then i turned on the ac and thats when it went all down hill. the tensioner is sort of pausing on me and i can smell the belt burning from it pausing. so i packed up my tools and said the fuck with it and had to replace it.

thanks to dustbuster i took the acura carland prices to acura and they are going to match them. no shit!! but you had to be firm and tell them they are honda/acura real parts. well i went out to the car cause i had some parts finally come in acura after a week and a half after ordering them. i went to open the car and tried to press the remote to open the door so i can pop the hood and NOTHING happened. i was like what! so i ran up stairs and got the spare, same god damn thing. i went to the door and the alarm led is not blinking, i proceed to open the door and no alarm went off.

i put the key in and the lights all on the dash were dim. i took the battery out and took it down to autozone and they tested it, BAD BATTERY. FUCK ME IN THE GOAT ASS. some more things are going wrong with this car. well i though maybe the cell in the battery was going out and then when i put the new alternator in and its a 180 amps i though it blew it since the battery is the one i got when i bought the car. well this adds to the total. 70.44 for the battery, 77.21 for the tensioner plus labor for the tensionor which is going to be about 100 bucks and since i dont have a garage and no floor jacks i need to take it somewhere, ACURA, they are going to rape me for labor. oh well i have had no car for almost 6 days now and i still cant find a way to tow it cause AAA will give me the first 5 miles for free and then after that 3.50 every miles there after. FUCK ME AGAIN. it will be another 50 bucks to tow to to the acura dealership.

oh well i have been having a bad week with the car and hope you all are doing better off than me. cant wait till shes runnning again though
Old 10-03-2002, 01:37 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn, sorry to see this alternator fuck you in such a mean manner. mine is good so far
Old 10-03-2002, 02:17 PM
My Home Planet

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I love it when everything falls apart at the same time.

I had a similiar situation a while ago. Everything happend at one time. I though my head was gonna explode.

Just be patient and drink if you have to.
Old 10-03-2002, 10:10 PM
cmng 2 a lawschool near u

Or you coul just sell the CL, and thrn by another cl, or maybe a cls
Old 10-03-2002, 10:39 PM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dont have enough money for that, the cl is already pushing it, i mean its all paid off and shit cause i bought stocks when i was young i made a bundle but i had a jeep cherokee before this and note to self never buy any jeep. this cl is my dream car from the first time i sat in it. i tore it up when test driving in on the freeway to test its turning and manuvering capabilities. well i hope and i know it will all work out it will just take time, all i need is to find someone with a car trailer to tow the car to modesto to the acura dealership the tow truck company wants 50 to 75 to take it there. oh well. hopefully i will have it running soon.
Old 10-04-2002, 12:32 AM
9th Gear

I think it's about time for the Alternators to go on the 97's!!!

Mine just went out a few months ago. My friend's went out about 3 weeks before mine. Go figure! I think they were only designed to last 5 years. O'well. It was a god run for me...I just hope nothing else goes wrong for a while. (knock on wood!!!)

Sorry about the bad news!!!

SJ
Old 10-04-2002, 10:53 AM
Instructor

Please, can you express yourself without the profanity?
Old 10-04-2002, 05:58 PM
What can I get ya?

Originally posted by dogfight
Please, can you express yourself without the profanity?

blow me you fucking cock snoot
Old 10-04-2002, 07:33 PM
Advanced

I feel really bad for you Acura3.0, buuuut, although you're having a bad f--king week, I believe mine is worse than that.

About five weeks ago, the day after I picked up my 99 CL 3.0 I
decided to wash and was my wife's car so she wouldn't get any ideas about driving my new ride. Well, I didn't even get past putting two hoses together before I stepped in a hole and darn near fractured my left ankle. Five weeks later I'm still walking with pain and a limp, and I haven't been able to play tennis since, which I normally do 3x a week.

Here's the bad part. Last Saturday my beautiful wife went rollerblading while I was going to watch a little football. Around 3 PM I get a call from my son and to make a long story short, she has broken her leg in two places, and since we are both self employed and self insured, I'm now facing $8 - $10,000 in bills
not to mention 3 months of doing darn near everything around the house.

So, your weeks' sucked, but I'd give anything to go back and have the week that you had. Later, I think I hear that darn bell
ringing again. Coming dear........