NEON UNDER BODY KIT FOR CL

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2001, 09:08 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEON UNDER BODY KIT FOR CL

HEY GUYS DOES ANYONE KNOW THE LAW FOR NEOAN UNDER BODY KITS? IS IT JUST A FIX IT TICKET OR A FINE? AFTER WATCHING FAST AND THE FURIOUS IT MADE ME WANT TO BUY A 4 PIECE HYPER WHITE KIT (150$).
Old 08-15-2001, 11:28 AM
i like chicken

it depends on the state you are in. they break balls here in PA, but on the strip in Panama City beach FL they dont really care.

also, we can definitely beat that $150 price tag for a 4 piece underbody kit. email me or respond here if you are interested. later!
Old 08-15-2001, 12:11 PM
Racer

I know in Florida its against the law to have blue or red lights on your car.
Old 08-15-2001, 02:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally posted by KikAzCL97:
<STRONG>I know in Florida its against the law to have blue or red lights on your car.</STRONG>
NY too but actually it's blue, red or green for us. Those are the color of the emergency vehicles, some volunteer. Red is police, blue is fire and green is EMT.....
Old 08-15-2001, 02:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Actually to add to that, a friend of mine back in high school got pulled over and he got a ticket for the neon, plus a ticket for impersonating (sp?) an officer. He was able to talk it down (he had to remove the neon and show the officer it was off the car), but he still got some nice fines and I believe some points....
Old 08-15-2001, 08:55 PM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

Originally posted by juniorbean:
<STRONG>

NY too but actually it's blue, red or green for us. Those are the color of the emergency vehicles, some volunteer. Red is police, blue is fire and green is EMT.....</STRONG>
whats up Junior... we are allowed green.. its YELLOW/ORANGE color thats EMT and emergency vehicle(tow trucks, etc..) so we CAN NOT have blue, red & yelllow...

we CAN have purple, pink and green...

Old 08-16-2001, 05:24 AM
10th Gear

was just wondering......anybody know the laws about that in California? and, do the underbody kits have like an on/off switch so u can turn it off and on, especially if u kno it's illegal and there are cops around.
Old 08-16-2001, 10:16 AM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

dont know cali laws but according to TV...lol everyone in cali has them.. especially da low-riders man.....lol..j/k

yea you can put a switch but you wont know whena cop is around... spot you a mile away!!!
Old 08-16-2001, 10:49 AM
Lots of JDM parts on my

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would just stay away from the reds and the blues. The set should have some kind of switch too. I wonder if neons are going to make a comeback? They haven't been around since the early 90's. At least under cars.
Oh yeah, it was the mini trucks that had the neons. Not the lowriders. :p
Old 08-16-2001, 12:10 PM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

Originally posted by CiLver2.3:
<STRONG>I would just stay away from the reds and the blues. The set should have some kind of switch too. I wonder if neons are going to make a comeback? They haven't been around since the early 90's. At least under cars.
Oh yeah, it was the mini trucks that had the neons. Not the lowriders. :p</STRONG>

same difference.. mini trucks were slammed too...lol NEON is definitely on its way back.. One BIG raeson... FAST & FURIOUS.... but even before that... show cars never gave up on neaon and now mores how cars are out on the road.. I was thinking of getting green neons for under my hood... maybe under my car.. but waiting for NEON to make its grand entrance back!!!!!(dont wanna be a RICER!)
Old 08-16-2001, 04:36 PM
Adrienne

Virginia is full of communists, I would like to reiterate. Any, and I do mean ANY alternate light sources on your car are totally illegal, including (I just found out) the hyperwhite headlights, unless you get the HID kit. I know the ground effects are illegal, just cuz a bunch of people at my HS got busted several years ago... I am pretty sure it's any lights, too.

Luckily for me, so many cars these days have stock HID, that my headlights just look like any other car, so I'm cool. I just hope not to get pulled over on a dark, deserted road.

Also, and this is probably a dumb question, but has anyone seen those window-washer-fluid-sprayer-thingies lights? They go on your window-washer-fluid-sprayer-thingies. I saw some at some store online, and they look kinda cool... is that overly "rice"?
Old 08-16-2001, 04:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by BlueAngel:
<STRONG><snip>
Also, and this is probably a dumb question, but has anyone seen those window-washer-fluid-sprayer-thingies lights? They go on your window-washer-fluid-sprayer-thingies. I saw some at some store online, and they look kinda cool... is that overly "rice"?</STRONG>
yeah, those things are pretty rice.... I would stay away from them. Not only that, but they're probably even more illegal then the neon b/c they are almost a windshield level which would make it look even more like an emergency vehicle....

Casper... what's up bro? Up by me, all of the volunteer EMTs have green lights on their cars. There's also a guy at my job who is a volunteer EMT and he has the green lights in his grill. Wierd...
Old 08-16-2001, 06:11 PM
Hum........what next??

Originally posted by BlueAngel:
<STRONG>............has anyone seen those window-washer-fluid-sprayer-thingies lights............</STRONG>
Someone on the 1st Gen forum has them.........can't remember who. Maybe he/she can post a pick.
Old 08-16-2001, 08:02 PM
Racer

Originally posted by CL-Z:
<STRONG>

Someone on the 1st Gen forum has them.........can't remember who. Maybe he/she can post a pick.</STRONG>
I have them. I got those in silver and then painted black. I have those LED washers in white color.
My friend (TL-P) was stopped coz of them but he had blue light and officer told him that he immitates police car somehow. And then officer told him that white color would be ok. He changed them on white and no problem since then. I did not have any problem myself so far (~3 month).
Sorry no pic, don't have dig camera.
Old 08-16-2001, 11:41 PM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

Originally posted by juniorbean:
<STRONG>

yeah, those things are pretty rice.... I would stay away from them. Not only that, but they're probably even more illegal then the neon b/c they are almost a windshield level which would make it look even more like an emergency vehicle....

Casper... what's up bro? Up by me, all of the volunteer EMTs have green lights on their cars. There's also a guy at my job who is a volunteer EMT and he has the green lights in his grill. Wierd... </STRONG>

really?! thats strange... You guys up north...lol STRANGE....j/k...

Angel.... they are all over NY... IMO they are rice, buut to each their own... I would never!!! (but thats just me!!)