I'm starting to get sick of this shit

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004 | 04:04 PM
Banned

I'm starting to get sick of this shit

I've been to a ton of car shows / events....and i never ever freakin win anything!! I dont even get close. I always get sidestepped for people to go look at civics and integras. I can be the only CL in the building, yet people might just glance at it and then go check out some celica or something. I was just browsing all the websites for the galleries from HIN, the Extreme Auto Expo, Funk Flex show, etc etc....and my car didnt make it up on any of them. Even though at all of them, i was the only first gen in attendance. However, browse through the pages and take your pick of 50 civics. In the words of Rodney Dangerfield, ' i get no respect'! What do i gotta do?
Old 07-08-2004 | 04:10 PM
acura-cl.com OG

The problem with our cars is that no one knows about them Eric! You see an accord with a body kit, projector headlights, custom grille and rims people think its hot. They don't realize if they see a CL with the same mods its all custom. No one realizes that my headlights are not a part you can buy for $200 on eBay, unless you have a CL. No one realizes that I have one of the only Type R grilles for a CL because they think you can buy it on eBay. No one realizes you have a WW lip molded because it looks so suddle and clean. The only people who truely respect the hooked up first gen's are fellow members. No one realizes the complications of retrofitting accord parts on our cars, and how rare our parts are to find.
Old 07-08-2004 | 04:10 PM
Racer

Hey man dont stress fame will come in time. I have a suggestion Ive seen your car and its by far hotter then mine I would say make a custom kit or put a custom turbo set up on it. These are just suggestions please dont bite my head off cause I already think your shit is ill.
Old 07-08-2004 | 04:11 PM
teh Senior Instigator

From: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
dude, it's all politics these days and who you know has A LOT to do with it. You have a guy whose friend is a judge, it's gonna help him win, etc, etc. While all the shows I worry about trophies from are pretty cometitive, my suburban hasn't walked away w/o one yet. But I took my dads woodie to a show a few weeks back and there was a woodie class. There were about 800 cars totaly but only 3 woodies, one was in primer and a work in progress, the other was hot pink w/ horrible wood and was just an all around shitty car. My dads woodies is one of the best examples out there, needless to say when it came to announcing the awards for best woodie, the pink one won. It was the first time I had ever seen people boo at a car show. People literally booed, and said the merc should of won ( my dads car). Well the next week I was at a little weekly thing and what do I see, the pink woodie driving in w/ a group of cars, of those cars 4 of the guys were the judges.

]
and in all honesty, I don't know how the shows out there are, but out here, you HAVE to have looks and performance and if you dropped in a boosted h22 you'd be hot shit.

IMO, I honestly don't care for show trophies and mag articles etc. But maybe that's because i've had a taste of both. I'm much happier on the road w/ people giving me the thumbs up then I am at a show winning an award.
Old 07-08-2004 | 04:13 PM
The movement has started

Something that will make you stand out way more then the rest. A full custom bodykit, crazy engine setup, ect. People are into the "JDM" craze nowdays which make the civics with the carbonfiber hoods and black rims and shit become more appealing. No love for the contemporary luxury vibe. There are many cl's out there that have air ride, rims, and bags. Civics are dime a dozen but they were in the fast and the furious. A 500whp cl will draw major attention tho, with a big ass intercooler hangin out of the front of it. If all else fails, send your car to west coast customs. Most of the cl's around here, did pretty well at the shows.
Old 07-08-2004 | 05:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by ding069
The problem with our cars is that no one knows about them Eric! You see an accord with a body kit, projector headlights, custom grille and rims people think its hot. They don't realize if they see a CL with the same mods its all custom. No one realizes that my headlights are not a part you can buy for $200 on eBay, unless you have a CL. No one realizes that I have one of the only Type R grilles for a CL because they think you can buy it on eBay. No one realizes you have a WW lip molded because it looks so suddle and clean. The only people who truely respect the hooked up first gen's are fellow members. No one realizes the complications of retrofitting accord parts on our cars, and how rare our parts are to find.
everyone doesnt realize that most of the stuff you wanna do to a cl has to be custom. Dont trip, katana, your time will come.
Old 07-08-2004 | 05:15 PM
Pit Stop?

Man I've never won shit...don't see me complaining...
Old 07-08-2004 | 05:56 PM
AWD Torque Monster

Katana we all got it like that. very rarely does some1 notice all the custom work on my cl. but i like it that way becuase i want it too look so clean that people think i bought it like that. i love when ppl say hey what kind of car is that? did u just buy it? then when i say its a 97 it blows there mind. but then the rest of the time i feel like nothing is appreciated, but then thats when the guys on the board here say nice things about my car and then i feel ok again.

we got ur back
Old 07-08-2004 | 06:44 PM
Instructor

fuck an award.

your car is clean.

no sweat
Old 07-08-2004 | 07:11 PM
The movement has started

^ as long as it fits your taste and how YOU want it to be then fuck everything else. The same cars pretty much win every year around here. Same cars different rims/paint. Show's are boring.
Old 07-08-2004 | 07:31 PM
Sir
CL = Can't Lose.

Originally Posted by sickacuraCL
fuck an award.

your car is clean.

no sweat
^^yup
Old 07-08-2004 | 07:35 PM
CL 4 LYFE

werd. fuck car shows. i make my own. in my pantelones.
Old 07-08-2004 | 07:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Ever thought that you aren't good enough?
Old 07-08-2004 | 08:03 PM
got audio?

Katana your car is hot. just give it some time and people will realize how hot your car is.
Old 07-08-2004 | 08:45 PM
CL 4 LYFE

Originally Posted by dennis
Ever thought that you aren't good enough?

wow dennis posted!
Old 07-08-2004 | 08:53 PM
CLanty-eyed

your car is hot dude, don't matter what the judges say. if you want an idea though, how bout a custom fiberglass trunk, set your tank out? that red sub box clashes with your blue and black theme. maybe two tone your interior with blue inserts too...

just my
Old 07-08-2004 | 09:03 PM
Banned

i agree, your ride is hot as shit. if i was a girl car id fuck your car...lol...seriously though, people who like our cars are far and few between, they'd rather ooh and ahhh over a goddamn tricked out, ricey ass civic...life is just unfair...well i give you props for your ride! and fuck them!
Old 07-08-2004 | 09:32 PM
Banned

well thanks guys, i was letting off some steam. i know you guys can appreciate it, if no one else.
Old 07-08-2004 | 09:55 PM
The movement has started

Ah, man dont sweat it. Your car has come a long way from before. If you look back on it, you should be damn proud of yourself.
Old 07-08-2004 | 10:36 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by lnsyone
werd. fuck car shows. i make my own. in my pantelones.

To much going on there!!!
Old 07-08-2004 | 10:41 PM
CL 4 LYFE

Originally Posted by Repo1234
To much going on there!!!
thou art twas joking
Old 07-08-2004 | 10:46 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by lnsyone
thou art twas joking

I know!
Old 07-08-2004 | 10:52 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Katana18
well thanks guys, i was letting off some steam. i know you guys can appreciate it, if no one else.

Well since you haven't won at the shows I'm am hereby giving you the official A-CL.Com trophy for best in show!!!!! All hell you get all three in my book!!!

Here you go Katana!!!
Old 07-09-2004 | 12:15 AM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

sorry to hear bout it katana but your time will come soon enough, just wait your car will be the shit, i mean it already is bbut it takes time to get recognized but you will do fine, it just takes one person to cath your car's eye and then your set

youll be fine we all have faith in you man
Old 07-09-2004 | 12:40 AM
i like orange juice

your cars tight man, dont even worry bout it bro....
Old 07-09-2004 | 01:15 AM
RODDYS

Dude look
I have just started doing car shows. They are cool to me and thats my thing. I am a showmen. I won my first trophey and it was so cool, but it sux cause i got third and I hate not knowing who or what I lost to but still its cool. Dude maybe its true, maybe it is the Judges, been there done that. I live in a town where every car show seems to be Old Classic Muscle. I have never won at one of those.

But maybe its the way you show it. I mean I agree with the person that said that about people thinkin there car is new or that the stuff is stock. I have had people ask about my engine covers being stock painted and if it came like that. I also have had people think my car is brand new when its a 98. Thing is dude you have got to Go to win, Know your compitition, and Draw attention.

Go To Win: Be proud of your shit even if you don't win in you mind know that your hott. If you can't comvince yourself you can't convince a judge.

Know your Compition: Scope out for who your up against. Dude you know if its a free for all that there are gonna be people there with all the bolt ons, and ebay custom kits they can find. You know there is nothing for our cars and tons for others. So unless you have something that is just crazy your probably not gonna win. Face it CLs look best clean and if you can't win with that the trophy aint worth it.

And Lastly
Draw Attention: For example at the last show I went it was a Nopi show in Steele Alabama. Granted not alot of people were in my class but there were a few accords. I signed up for conservative but they bumped me up to mild. So in order to draw attention I popped my hood, open my doors alittle, slapped a few mandintory Nopi stickers on, cracked the windows and sunroof, and then over my seats put a Nopi shirt and one of my club shirts. Shows like that stuff and its makes them stop and not pass by, just get there attention and then they start to see the details

Like I said I am no expert but those are just some maybe suggestions
Old 07-09-2004 | 01:59 AM
Pit Stop?

Katana, next show, just have me park next to you, then they'll see what kind of work you've put into the car mang!
Old 07-09-2004 | 07:25 AM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

can't say I didnt tell you that showing is BS...

but the reason is WOW factor... yea you have a nice color, and slammed, etc... but I had the body kit... people were like wtf?!?!? WOW factor is what draws the crowd... Don't stress that shit... besides I hated having people around my shit... all touching and leaning... ergh... I wanted to yank'em by their throats!
Old 07-09-2004 | 07:33 AM
Racer

erics right, last night we went to this little local spot to chill with fellow car feinds and no one came over to look at our cars. everyone was around this gay ass neon with one headlight. we were there for 20 minutes and left. one guy did ask us to join a club. we gladly declined.

oh ya....eric, sounds like you need to remove the sand from your clit.
Old 07-09-2004 | 07:40 AM
Lots of JDM parts on my

Yeah, lots of politics at shows.

I'll start off by saying I love your ride. It's the cleanest first gen. When it comes to placing in shows, it takes a combo of everything. Judges normally score on paint, bodywork, interior, engine, trunk, undercarrage, and wheels to name a few. Your paint and body work should score pretty well. You have the screens in your interior, and that helps. If you did your interior over to something that matched the paint of the car, you would get a lot more points for that. Also, do you pop your hood open? It easy to throw a little detail into the engine for some quick points. You figure if it's shut, it's a big zero for points. Oh, also, we would get extra points for a nice display. That doesn't have to be anything crazy. Just something to enhance the look of the car.

I was more into people telling me I had a nice car. That meant more to me than a trophy. People just appreciating the effort put into a car. I'm sure there are tons of peeps that will agree your ride is bad azz.
Old 07-09-2004 | 08:24 AM
DOOKS of hazard!!!!

i personally think your ride sucks................

infact, i think its sooo ugly that i cant even believe you have the nerve to put it into shows

what a looser.......................
Old 07-09-2004 | 08:25 AM
DOOKS of hazard!!!!

infact, i think its sooo ugly that i cant even believe you have the nerve to put it into shows
DOOKS of hazard!!!!

what a looser.......................
DOOKS of hazard!!!!

j/k
Old 07-09-2004 | 09:37 AM
Banned

Katana don't sweat it, everyone in ACL is sweatin' it for you.

Your ryde is tight and you don't need us to tell you that. Just look at it, it's beautiful!
I'm thinking of painting my car the same color. As a matter of fact, i'm thinking of
making it look identical to yours. I wanna use your same setup. Dude my ryde is
gonna look like your car has a twin. I'm also planning on moving to Orlando later this
year. See you soon!

I hope your getting ticked off at me cuz i'm a
bit'er.

J/K
Your ryde is too Hot for Tv...
Old 07-09-2004 | 12:48 PM
HOOK EM HORNS

fuck the haterz- your shit is phat as hell

dont let some 16 y.o. fast and furious bandwagon P.0.S, make u lose confidence in your ride

who would pass up a cl for a neon, exactly
Old 07-09-2004 | 07:29 PM
Miss th 3.0

katana...your shit is hott, the nicest cl out there...in the world, isnt that worth something?