IASCA System Install has begun.. check out the product!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2001, 09:57 AM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IASCA System Install has begun.. check out the product!

well guys, my car is in! Full Competition IASCA sound competition system being installed for the next 3 weeks! I have various incredible product and the installer (my friend) is doing all of the FIBER GLASS work for the install.. I will have white in the trunk and accents of CARBON FIBER (real carbon fiber molded by him) inbeded oin the fiberglass... He is making the boxes and kick panels out of the fibergalss as well and for those of you that know my car and the white engine, he is construction a carbon fiber "L" for the top and driver side to cover wiring and add accents to the motor (tie everything together! IT WILL BE INSANE! Pics will be posted asap when its finished!

here are links to the products:

The EQ!
The 12" Subs
Limited Edition Amplifier!

I will also use an Alpine Head Unit, Focal Polykevlar 6.5" Components... Phoenix Gold has agreed to sponor the car on their team during competition and have offered various equipment, embleming, and extras to add to the system..
oh yea.. Giddi the fawk up! Can't wait to get you guys pics!
Old 12-20-2001, 10:10 AM

how much much is this going to cost you, after the sponsors give you some dough?
Old 12-20-2001, 11:33 AM
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
SQ or SPL???
Old 12-20-2001, 11:37 AM
K-State Wildcat

That sounds awesome. Looking forward to seeing pics and hearing about competitions.
Old 12-21-2001, 05:54 PM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

Originally posted by CLUofI
how much much is this going to cost you, after the sponsors give you some dough?
overall $10,000....

the sponsors are willing to up some new product for competition, but only after they see the current product already in!!
Old 12-21-2001, 05:54 PM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

Originally posted by Slooo97CL
SQ or SPL???
SQ all the way....
Old 12-22-2001, 07:52 PM
i like chicken

Originally posted by CLUofI
most companies that sponsor dont pay you, they just provide you with equipment.

good luck bro, definitely need pics when you are done!

btw, i am running all PG equipment too. however, a bit more power than you are. but probably wotn compete iasca. i am running the old m series amps. 2 m-100's that rate at 1000 watts at 2 ohms (i think its 2 ohms), and an m-50 and an m-25. unsure of the subs just yet, but going with the pioneer indash 7 inch dvd player up front.

Trending Topics

Old 12-23-2001, 08:31 AM
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by rmstoico
but going with the pioneer indash 7 inch dvd player up front.
Not with the Kenwood DVD touchscreen????
Old 12-26-2001, 11:26 AM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

Originally posted by rmstoico

most companies that sponsor dont pay you, they just provide you with equipment.

good luck bro, definitely need pics when you are done!

btw, i am running all PG equipment too. however, a bit more power than you are. but probably wotn compete iasca. i am running the old m series amps. 2 m-100's that rate at 1000 watts at 2 ohms (i think its 2 ohms), and an m-50 and an m-25. unsure of the subs just yet, but going with the pioneer indash 7 inch dvd player up front.
PG seems to be the way to go...

I will have about 847 total watts at 2 ohm.. perfect for competition... Its rated at 148 total watts at 4 ohm so i will be competing in a 0-300 watt class with close to 1000 watts...
Old 12-26-2001, 07:15 PM
Pro

Hey man.... tell me what he does with the install with the front doors. I have 6.5 Focal components in the front as well and I relocated the tweeters into the door triangle piece (like how civics have it set up). I'm just curious to see how he set it up and what he did for the door. Cuz I'm losing alot of sound cuz it's escaping out my door and not into the car. I did my install myself so I'm just curious to see what a professional does it. I had a hell of a hard time trying to get the 6.5 Focal's w/ the huge magnet to fit. They were smaller than my original attempt at the Eton built Diamond Audio S600 Hex, those were almost 7 inch woofers.

Hell, if u want to talk power, I've got 950+ watts on the birthsheet at 4 ohms on a meason RF Power amp. I've had enough of low impedance amps, too much current draw. Plus sound is cleaner at 4 ohms.

As for PG, the only amps I like are the ZX series, everything else is just par to me. I'm kinda partial to Xtant, even though mine blew up on me. :/

What are you runnin in the rear? Nothing? Also what amp u gonna run the high's with?
Old 12-27-2001, 08:26 AM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

Originally posted by CLTypeR
Hey man.... tell me what he does with the install with the front doors. I have 6.5 Focal components in the front as well and I relocated the tweeters into the door triangle piece (like how civics have it set up). I'm just curious to see how he set it up and what he did for the door. Cuz I'm losing alot of sound cuz it's escaping out my door and not into the car. I did my install myself so I'm just curious to see what a professional does it. I had a hell of a hard time trying to get the 6.5 Focal's w/ the huge magnet to fit. They were smaller than my original attempt at the Eton built Diamond Audio S600 Hex, those were almost 7 inch woofers.

Hell, if u want to talk power, I've got 950+ watts on the birthsheet at 4 ohms on a meason RF Power amp. I've had enough of low impedance amps, too much current draw. Plus sound is cleaner at 4 ohms.

As for PG, the only amps I like are the ZX series, everything else is just par to me. I'm kinda partial to Xtant, even though mine blew up on me. :/

What are you runnin in the rear? Nothing? Also what amp u gonna run the high's with?

well first off.... to each their own... I go competition quality PG Titanium myself... but you know... thats me!

As for your install... We are going to try and eliminate the door speaker all together... He wants to build kick panels out of fiber galss in the floor corner.. if that area is too small then he will build them in the door...

Did you sound deaden your door??? he is putting 2 layers of deadener in the door to reassure sound quality in trhe car for competition.... you might also wanna try building a small enclosure for the speaker in the door to hold the pull of the speaker (some speakers work in specified space)... GOOD LUCK!!