Front End Damage

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 04:05 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front End Damage

Want to send out my issue and basically get some estimates without taking the ride to a shop. Ride is temporarily parked, but want to know whats goin' on once she is road bound.

Front/Rear accident ... front of my baby hit the back of a lexus when the dumb bia bia slammed brakes for NO GOOD REASON (down the back roads of Great Falls - for those that know this area), had to have been less than 5mph ...no airbags came out. Front bumper not dented, however paint chipped off, major sagging of the bumper...almost half an inch lower than it should be ...can definately see plastic screws popped off and/or half mashed from the accident and one of the supports that holds the bumper to the frame is still there but no longer holding onto anything. Grill is alittle distorted along with the very front part of the hood pushed in. Car still runs like new, damage didn't even make it to the fans and radiator.

Just want to get an idea of how much I'm going to have to be spending to straighten out the hood, reattach the bumper and get it all repainted to match perfectly.

Can anybody help ??
Old 08-06-2002, 05:55 PM
My Home Planet

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Even in a 5mph bumper accident, you should get the bumper checked for damage to the shock absorbing material inside. Its possible to damage it with low speed accidents and can really F U up in a major accident if its not fix properly.

Body damage is the worst when it comes to cost cause you can't really do any yourself. To get everything painted probably $500 maybe another $500 to fix the bumber and straighten the hood. That's w/out any friendly discounts. Hey it is an Acura!!!
Old 08-06-2002, 06:21 PM
im back biaaatch!

Man, it sucks huh? I know the feeling. My baby hads been in the shop for a few weeks now with front end damage, but I get her back tomorrow! Acura parts are expensive, but you are probably gonna need to replace the bumper cover, mounts and absorber. www.ahauto.com has good parts cheap.
CL's with front end damage

Lemme know how it goes bro.

Brian
http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...wrecked+the+cl

Check that out, and if it looks like that, be very, very afaid! It cost me over 9000 to fix.
Old 08-06-2002, 08:54 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know the area you're talking about.

Sorry to hear about the accident!

I have no idea what the costs will be, but it won't be cheap!

Are you claiming it through insurance?
Old 08-06-2002, 11:24 PM
Cause stock sux.

When I got hit...its ended up to be around $900 in the front. The bumper was crooked...aka the mounts got fucked up. The bumper got replaced, etc etc... Shock absorber got switched out...

Basically looks like new now...but around $900.
Old 08-07-2002, 09:12 AM
Cruisin'

Thanks for the responses guys!

black97CLonbags, sorry to hear you had to pay all of that to get the ride fixed, fortuneately the general shape of the front of the car is still in tact ... the hood towards the front sits 'bout half an inch higher than it should (looks like the hood is unlatched, people always tell me my hood is open) and then the bumper about half an inch lower than it should ...the grill is slightly mashed, but I want to get the 98/99 grill for it anyways (I have indiglo 'A's that I want to put on and wouldn't look right with '97 grill - A with wings)

If anybody knows of any good shops in the DC metro area, even Maryland then PLEASE let me know!! I need some kind of hook-up b/c I don't want to have to pay more than a G for it ...it'll be quite some time before it gets fixed if that is the case, however I will if needed to get my baby back (with her face fixed!)

Thanks again ya'll! -dark
Old 08-07-2002, 09:21 AM
The Human Radar Detector

Sorry to hear about the accident but If the wings emblem is still in tact Ill buy it off you for like $10-$15. Good luck on the cost the lady who first owned my car got into the same deal except at 25 mph and it cost $4900 to fix (Entirely new front bumper, hood lights, fenders, radiator and suspension parts) . The car was 2 days old off the lot. Your lucky though we have this crumple zone hood and yours didnt fold up when I bought my car car I saw the insurance pics and holy shit that things cumples like a piece of tin foil, it does absorb a lot of the shock though.
Old 08-07-2002, 09:34 AM
Cruisin'

BTW ...is it possible to get factory paint job or equivilent ??

I don't want to goto somebody like Maaco and end up noticing two different kind of shades on my ride!!

Also the idea of completly painting the car a new color has come to mind, any idea of the cost of that ?? Thinking black or the electric blue from the new CLs/TLs ??
Old 08-07-2002, 09:56 AM
The Human Radar Detector

yeah you can get a factory matched paint job I only have 25% of the original body left because of various morons who hit my parked car hard enough to punch holes in it, but my paint matches
even though I had places painted at different times over the last 3 years. Also you can get the primrose touch up paint from the dealer but its almost impossinble to use on the plastic bumpers and side skirts.
Old 10-31-2002, 12:50 PM
Cruisin'

Pictures of the car (and the damaged front end)

I made this post awhile back, but I finally got some pictures taken of the ride and the damaged front end. More pics to follow with close-ups and all ...could anybody give some more accurate estimates on the repair from the pictures ?? Lemme know -kaaos
Old 10-31-2002, 12:56 PM
Cruisin'

front end pic
Old 10-31-2002, 12:57 PM
Cruisin'

front end pic

C:\WINNT\Profiles\MRekas\Desktop\Stuff\CarPix\Fron tView.JPG
C:\WINNT\Profiles\MRekas\Desktop\Stuff\CarPix\Back PassView.JPG
C:\WINNT\Profiles\MRekas\Desktop\Stuff\CarPix\Back View.JPG
Old 10-31-2002, 12:59 PM
Cruisin'

other pic
Old 10-31-2002, 01:01 PM
Cruisin'

Obviously I can't work the uploading portion of this website, but I got the front end pic up ...so lemme know what you think! Thanks -dark
Old 10-31-2002, 07:53 PM
AWD Torque Monster

i got $2400 for my little accident at bout 6-8mph. good thing it looks like all the parts is only gonna cost bout $1000 tops. and bout 500 to paint.
Old 11-01-2002, 02:34 PM
A-CL Member

My wife got rear-ended in our Maxima last week. The only damage was 2 deep scratches where the other car's license plate screws hit our bumper. Two estimates came back at just under $1,000. Both places told me in most instances they can't repair the bumper skin. They have to completely replace it.
Old 11-04-2002, 07:16 AM
Instructor

i know this is off the subject of your damaged car but how did you paint the Acura emblem in the rim
Old 06-11-2003, 04:35 PM
Cruisin'

The rims are OEM ... they have always been white in the center. I know this is many MANY MANY months in the past, but posted anyways. Peace -Kaaos