ZDX and iPad

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts
ZDX and iPad

Has anyone used an iPad with an Acura ZDX? If so, what was the experience? How was it used?
Old 10-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Off roading in his

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I've used my iPad 2 via bluetooth to play some songs.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts
My friend connected his ipad2 to my zdx via usb and it worked exactly like a ipod.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

It's good to know the iPad can interface with the ZDX the way an iPod would. That's what I was wondering.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Pro

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts
This is kind of off topic but I was curious about an issue I have about the iPod AUX. When I connect my iPhone or iPod it works fine. But once I shut the car off and get back in without disconnecting the iPod it will play for about 10 seconds then turn off. For it to connect again I have to disconnect and plug back in. This seems a bit odd if this is normal. Anyone else notice this?
Old 10-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

That's a good question. I have another question. What if you have more than one device connected via bluetooth? For example, what if you are using one device to stream music to the ZDX's speakers and then a phone call comes in on another device?
Old 10-04-2011, 07:38 PM
THƎSƎ HOPƎFUL MACHINƎS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mugen_kid
This is kind of off topic but I was curious about an issue I have about the iPod AUX. When I connect my iPhone or iPod it works fine. But once I shut the car off and get back in without disconnecting the iPod it will play for about 10 seconds then turn off. For it to connect again I have to disconnect and plug back in. This seems a bit odd if this is normal. Anyone else notice this?
That is not normal and you may have to consult your dealership about a fix. In the meantime though, have you tried with another iPod to see if the issue replicates? It could be an issue with your iPod.
Originally Posted by jhr3uva90
That's a good question. I have another question. What if you have more than one device connected via bluetooth? For example, what if you are using one device to stream music to the ZDX's speakers and then a phone call comes in on another device?
No, as far as I know only one Bluetooth device can be connected at any given time.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by mugen_kid
Might not be the same issue you are having but this happens to me when I connect my Iphone. Once bluetooth phone connects the audio shuts off. The interface continues to work just no sound. Once I disconnect my usb from my phone and reconnect it the sound works along with the bluetooth phone connection. I think once the bluetooth connects, the phone starts sending the audio via the bluetooth streaming connection instead of the usb. Most times I use a new Ipod Nano which is always connected and it never has this problem.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Cruisin'

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Here's a response from an earlier posting regarding this problem from "ChrisZDX"

I've had a few connection problems with my iPhone 4, mainly dealing with Bluetooth Audio though. When you have your iPhone connected, make sure that the 'Dock Connector' setting is selected on your phone. Sometimes it defaults to HandsFreeLink, or Bluetooth Audio. When plugged into the USB port, go into the iPod app on your iPhone, which should bring you to a screen saying that your iPhone is connected or something like that. Press the small icon at the bottom, and select 'Dock Connector,' if already not selected.

If the 'Dock Connector' is already selected, try just scrolling to the next track in the playlist, and the audio should come through.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Pro

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts
Thanks guys for the info, I need to do some testing with both my iphone and ipod and fix this issue.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:55 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I know what's up. This is perfectly normal and there is no need to shut off your car. Initially the ipod is playing through the bluetooth although the ipod is connected to the USB connector in the center console compartment between the front seats. Once the car is cut back on after 10 seconds the ipod has switched the audio feed from bluetooth to USB. You will be able to hear your music again by either #1 pressing the USB/AUX button on your radio or by unlocking your ipod and telling your ipod to send the audio feed back to the bluetooth connection as opposed to the USB. I hope this helps. Enjoy your music!
Old 12-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Racer

does anyone know how to switch bluetooth audio device while driving. My problem is it always connects to my phone and bluetooth audio. when I want it to connect to my passengers iphone i have to turn my phone off and restart my car for the car to connect to his phone and ipod via bluetooth.

Id like to connect my phone via bluetooth and passengers iphone/ipod via bluetooth at the same time if possible.

Even switching via search for next phone option doesnt let passengers bluetooth audio play.