Edmonton Acuraziner's

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 12:15 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by you8myrice
Doug's did a pretty good job on mine, however there first quote was WAY more expensive ($1300 more) than what my insurance adjuster did, Jim Youngs gave me a quote abit lower than the adjuster and i've heard good things about them, especially if you're paying from your own pocket

$2500 for a fender and door? Mine was about $4000 if i remember correctly for every panel on one side of car
As I recall, Vince once explained that Doug's Place Too specializes in Acura/imports, and does a better job. Just not sure I can trust them. They once did work for me and pulled some paint off the hood when taping. They repaired the original damage, but then did an awful touch up for the hood damage that they caused. They didn't even fess up until I asked about it.

It's just a fender and a door, but they said that the fender would require paint all the way around the back bumper to the other side. That's why I'm curious about getting another opinion.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:52 AM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by sockpuppet
As I recall, Vince once explained that Doug's Place Too specializes in Acura/imports, and does a better job. Just not sure I can trust them. They once did work for me and pulled some paint off the hood when taping. They repaired the original damage, but then did an awful touch up for the hood damage that they caused. They didn't even fess up until I asked about it.

It's just a fender and a door, but they said that the fender would require paint all the way around the back bumper to the other side. That's why I'm curious about getting another opinion.
shops never wanna fess up, i did PDR at Mings and they CRACKED the paint on my toyota, all they said was to put touch up paint on it... like WTF

it's always best to shop around a few places, i've heard good things of modern auto body and reflection auto body also. let me know what they quote you cause my sister have something similar to yours lol
Old 01-21-2014, 11:26 AM
Burning Brakes

shops never wanna fess up, i did PDR at Mings and they CRACKED the paint on my toyota, all they said was to put touch up paint on it... like WTF

it's always best to shop around a few places, i've heard good things of modern auto body and reflection auto body also. let me know what they quote you cause my sister have something similar to yours lol
The chip Dougs pulled up was about the sixe of a quarter...really surprised that they thought I might not notice.

Once I can keep my car clean for longer than 10 minutes, I'll take and post a picture of the damage.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:13 AM
Instructor

Is this your old one Myron?

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAd?AdId=561261291
Old 01-24-2014, 10:34 AM
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey guys, been awhile!

@Arenham - We were driving by each other for a little bit north of WEM 2 weeks ago, then north on 170th.
Also spotted jdm4dr on the yellowhead awhile back.

Anyone have experience changing their spark plugs? Seems simple enough. We're you able to get the NGK Iridium sparks in town? Also thinking of doing a seafoam prior to new sparks. Any tips?
Old 01-24-2014, 02:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
sparkplugs are pretty simple, get a sparkplug socket tool and just go for it. The ones in the back are a little hard to get to, you have to lay down on the engine to get to them, but that's about it. There is a DIY on this site somewhere as well. You can get them locally, I know my dad hooked me up through Acklands cuz he works for them but I am not sure exactly where he got them from, or was it directly from Acklands.
For seafoam, make sure you get a hose long enough to attach to the vacuum line, and that someone is in the car giving it gas if the car feels like it's gonna stall out. Other than that, it's pretty straight forward, 3rd of a can into oil, 3rd of a can into gas tank (at very little gas left), and 3rd into vacuum line. There is also a DIY on this site you can follow, it's pretty idiot proof you can't mess up.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey i have a couple questions i own a black 2008 type s, and my friend is about to remove the amber from the headlights and install switch backs, the headlight wouldnt open when he had it in the ovwn so he might try a heat gun tommrow, i might plastidip the grill black but not sure how it will look on a black car, ive seen it on white and it looks nice, gonna spend all day doing things to it, anyone got any idea on what else to do, might even plasti dip the emblems red
Old 01-26-2014, 10:12 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Siidhu
Hey i have a couple questions i own a black 2008 type s, and my friend is about to remove the amber from the headlights and install switch backs, the headlight wouldnt open when he had it in the ovwn so he might try a heat gun tommrow, i might plastidip the grill black but not sure how it will look on a black car, ive seen it on white and it looks nice, gonna spend all day doing things to it, anyone got any idea on what else to do, might even plasti dip the emblems red
vinyl wrap the grill! it'll look alot better.
i personally think the red will look tacky
Old 01-26-2014, 12:03 PM

I have a carbon fiber wrap, will that look better on the grill ? Right now the whole front end of my car is apart, I dunno how to take a pic though so I'm Tryna squeeze everything in 1 day, maybe even same red led strip to make halos
Old 01-27-2014, 01:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sejanus
... Also thinking of doing a seafoam prior to new sparks. Any tips?
Originally Posted by myron
....For seafoam, make sure you get a hose long enough to attach to the vacuum line, and that someone is in the car giving it gas if the car feels like it's gonna stall out. Other than that, it's pretty straight forward, 3rd of a can into oil, 3rd of a can into gas tank (at very little gas left), and 3rd into vacuum line. There is also a DIY on this site you can follow, it's pretty idiot proof you can't mess up.
I'll bite...what is "seafoam"? I was worried you were talking about a paintjob, but based on Myron's response, clearly that's not the case.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:44 PM
Suzuka Master

^ it's this cleaning fluid you can dump in your oil, vacuum lines, and gas tank, run the engine for 10-15 min and it cleans the buildups in lines, oil sludge and shit like that. Google it, there is tons of information out there in more detail too. I did it on the TL and I will do it on my FX in summer too. I noticed better fuel consumption in the TL actually
Old 01-28-2014, 12:56 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by EDMGenerTL
got a pic? im interested for sure.
Just text me if your still interested 780 86o3343, I can send pics
Old 01-30-2014, 10:49 PM
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by sockpuppet

Yes the reason they need to paint a few panels in addition to the damaged ones is to blend the paint. Otherwise it may be very prevalent which panels were fixed and which are still factory paint. The new paint may differ slightly in color match but at least if it's blended it will be a lot harder to tell. Did you end up going to get a few other quotes?

I take it those scratches from your hockey practice are down to primer. Do they catch your nail when you run over them? If not, it's likely it can be polished down and leveled off.

Last edited by v|nsan|ty; 01-30-2014 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Hey vince, I know if a TL there is light under the dash so at night your feet are lit up. Think you can take a picture of it so I can see what it looks like?

I installed some mirror puddle/courtesy lights ala BMW/Lexus style. Except mine are BRIGHT but I like it. At night they light up the whole side of the car when I unlock the door

Sorry for the shit pic, old iphone
Old 01-31-2014, 03:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by v|nsan|ty
Yes the reason they need to paint a few panels in addition to the damaged ones is to blend the paint. Otherwise it may be very prevalent which panels were fixed and which are still factory paint. The new paint may differ slightly in color match but at least if it's blended it will be a lot harder to tell. Did you end up going to get a few other quotes?

I take it those scratches from your hockey practice are down to primer. Do they catch your nail when you run over them? If not, it's likely it can be polished down and leveled off.
Nope...haven't brought it in anywhere else for a quote yet. Car has been pretty dirty (until last night), and I've seen these body shop guys just use their hands to wipe away dirt to look over damage. Not about to let that happen.

When I brought it into Jaehns, I pulled into one of their bays, and a sunbeam just happened to be coming through the window on the other side at precisely the right angle to really light the damage up...that's when I saw that it's through the paint. No body damage, but there's no question that it'll need paint.

Hey vince, I know if a TL there is light under the dash so at night your feet are lit up. Think you can take a picture of it so I can see what it looks like?

I installed some mirror puddle/courtesy lights ala BMW/Lexus style. Except mine are BRIGHT but I like it. At night they light up the whole side of the car when I unlock the door
The 4G has the under-dash footwell lighting, but for whatever reason, the led has a really dark cover on it...so much so that you can't tell there's a light down there at all. There's a thread on the 4G section that talks about pulling that cover off, drilling a hole through, and then putting it back together; makes a world of difference. I'm thinking about it myself, though I'd rather see if I can figure a way to "thin" the cover to let more light through, but keep it intact.

Not quite as bad, but the puddle lights on the 4G are also weak. Didn't know I had them until I saw a thread (again, in the 4G section). I've picked up some replacement led bulbs that should increase brightness. Also got new leds for the licence plate, trunk light, and vanity (though I forgot I've got two vanity mirrors, and only bought one set of bulbs). I've swapped out the passenger vanity, but I'll save the rest of the changes until it's warmer out. I want to take some before and afters to gauge the difference.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:51 PM
Suzuka Master

I want to add some footwell lighting to my car, at night there is nothing there at all, but I don't want to have it really bright either, I want it to be subtle. So I was thinking maybe I can retrofit some TL underdash lighting in there.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:05 PM
Instructor

I want to add some footwell lighting to my car, at night there is nothing there at all, but I don't want to have it really bright either, I want it to be subtle. So I was thinking maybe I can retrofit some TL underdash lighting in there.
footwell lights in the 3G are also barely noticeable and very subtle which i like.
i just got new leds for my domes today, 100x brighter than my old leds
Old 02-02-2014, 01:35 AM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
I have had really good luck with southern autobody just off whyte
the did my cts
and my old tl
all WDP all a really great match and bang up job,
they will be doing my roof in spring aswell
Old 02-03-2014, 11:53 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
FEELER !!!!!!!!! Van 2014 Road trip
would any one want to go on a road trip to Van summer , Leave on a Thursday come back on a monday ish I think it would be a fun drive with a group of guys, did it on my bike a couple years ago and it was a blast, it Hurt But it was a blast
Old 02-04-2014, 12:32 AM
Pro

@Myron - I couldn't get a really good shot of it. It's a tiny single led.

Finally got around to doing the write-up for Justin's car. I did the paint correction back in the summer but never had a chance/kept forgetting to do it until now.

A few shots from the thread:

Here's a link to the full write-up:
https://acurazine.com/forums/wash-wax-23/2009-acura-tl-detail-correction-904513/
Old 02-04-2014, 09:50 AM
Suzuka Master

thanks Vince.

Anyone have hookups at Infiniti dealership? Need help
Old 02-04-2014, 10:49 PM
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone have suggestions for a site to order oem parts from? Those NGK sparks are easily $20 each. Hopefully I can find a better deal online.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:23 AM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
@Vince - Great work as always, I need a detail sooo bad lol

@Sejanus - www.heeltoeauto.com has decent pricing, they also give 5% off for acurazine discount code.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:17 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Sejanus
Anyone have suggestions for a site to order oem parts from? Those NGK sparks are easily $20 each. Hopefully I can find a better deal online.
I paid like 24$ for 6 of them 4-5 years ago haha I had a hookup at Bumper to Bumper back in the day
Old 02-06-2014, 12:37 AM
Pro

I should swap my spark plugs too. Update us on where you get them and for how much please.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:48 PM
Instructor

I should swap my spark plugs too. Update us on where you get them and for how much please.
x2
Old 02-06-2014, 08:17 PM
Pro

Would anyone be interested in buying my brand new 07-08 front a-spec base lip painted in WDP? I had originally planned on getting it color matched to my car and fitting it onto my TL-S bumper but doubt I'll ever get around to doing that. Car will most likely be parked for 4 months come May and before I know it winter will be back.

The lip has never been mounted and only been sitting in my basement. Mounting hardware is included. I'll probably post it on kijiji soon if there's no interest here.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:24 AM
3rd Gear

Would anyone be interested in buying my brand new 07-08 front a-spec base lip painted in WDP? I had originally planned on getting it color matched to my car and fitting it onto my TL-S bumper but doubt I'll ever get around to doing that. Car will most likely be parked for 4 months come May and before I know it winter will be back.

The lip has never been mounted and only been sitting in my basement. Mounting hardware is included. I'll probably post it on kijiji soon if there's no interest here.
Im interested! pm me ur price.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:11 AM
Suzuka Master

WTF why man?

Last edited by myron; 02-07-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:51 AM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

WTF why man?

^
Old 02-07-2014, 11:56 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by EdmTSX
^
maybe he's selling the car after summer. Which is not cool at all
Old 02-07-2014, 02:46 PM
Pro

Haha nah I'm still planning to keep the car for the foreseeable future. Just not looking to spend any more money on mods right now. Other expenses keep coming up.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Haha nah I'm still planning to keep the car for the foreseeable future. Just not looking to spend any more money on mods right now. Other expenses keep coming up.
just paint it yourself man, get a spray can made with your paint, sand the thing down, spray it, clear it, finish it all up.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:52 PM
Instructor

spotted quyen on Gretzky today going south as i was going north
than pretty sure i seen jriddle on 66st by londonderry, see you around alot actually if its the right car im thinking of lol

odd cause i never see no one haha
Old 02-09-2014, 07:40 PM
Pro

just paint it yourself man, get a spray can made with your paint, sand the thing down, spray it, clear it, finish it all up.
Haha I'm too anal with paint. I know the color match wouldn't be right and the pearl would be off. Hence why I'm just not going to bother with it. Ad will be going up on kijiji.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:47 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
spotted quyen on Gretzky today going south as i was going north
than pretty sure i seen jriddle on 66st by londonderry, see you around alot actually if its the right car im thinking of lol

odd cause i never see no one haha
Yea pretty sure I've see you around too. I live in clareview so I'm always around. I have those shitty acura rims as my winters.

Edmonton Acuraziner's-forumrunner_20140210_004651.png
Old 02-10-2014, 02:06 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jriddle8
Yea pretty sure I've see you around too. I live in clareview so I'm always around. I have those shitty acura rims as my winters.

Attachment 19186
haha ya i always see you around northside, most of us are north but i still never see anyone, not even myron who literally lives around the corner
Old 02-10-2014, 02:10 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

I rarely seen anyone on the south lol
Old 02-11-2014, 12:15 AM
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Havent posted in a while, here I am thinking there will be pages and pages to get through, there was two. Lol.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:14 AM
Suzuka Master

haha ya i always see you around northside, most of us are north but i still never see anyone, not even myron who literally lives around the corner
I see you once a week at least lol Usually honk at you but you never notice I guess lol or you don't want to notice

Quick Reply: Edmonton Acuraziner's