Please if you have any detailing questions direct them to this forum

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 01:18 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please if you have any detailing questions direct them to this forum

I am very worried about some of the information that some folks are telling others. Please if you have any questions direct them to myself or some other professional detailer using this forum right here cause i really dont want you ruining your baby cl's. I suspect that i can answer 95% of all of your questions if you would like to direct them to me. It is too much trouble surfing through the pages for me to try to tell you how to fix your cars and somehow come up short on response and then one of you felllows ruin your car. I have heard everything from using a leafblower to dry the car to rubbing the claybar on little specks which for those who dont know is usually raildust from trains or overspray. Some of the things that i have heard are just appalling so please help yourselves and direct the questions towards me i am more than willing to help you folks out and when i am in town i will try to respond on a daily basis if not sometime during the week. Just for those who haven't read my other comments i am a professional acura detailer at a dealer so i do indeed know what i am talking about and i can answer about anything within the realm of reality.

Thank you,

B
Old 07-08-2002, 08:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Oh please Mr. Professional Acura Dealer....tell us about this magic land where baby diapers are the softest material known to man....where you can apply FI with just your hand and remove all your swirl marks....where Zaino puts your car into cardiac arrest.

Oh please Sensai Acura Detailer....I want to learn from you master.
Old 07-08-2002, 08:16 AM
Team Owner

Re: Please if you have any detailing questions direct them to this forum

Originally posted by bdheilig
I am very worried about some of the information that some folks are telling others. .......I have heard everything from using a leafblower to dry the car to rubbing the claybar on little specks ........
So please explain to me the reasons you dislike my Leaf-Blower “touch-free” drying method.

How is this any more dangerous to my paint then a 100-MPH blast down the Interstate?

Shawn S
Old 07-08-2002, 08:42 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Acura Professional Detailer?

How does one get that title?
Old 07-08-2002, 08:51 AM
Safety Car

Shawn, are you really going to argue with this guy?
He is an <i>" Acura professional detailer."</i>"
Old 07-08-2002, 09:38 AM
Rickrack79@hotmail.com

Let's take a trip!

I think we should all take a trip out to Greensboro, NC because I heard that the greatest car detailer in the world lives there. I would love to watch him (Bdheilig) detail so I can learn some valuable tips! I wonder if he would give us a discount if we all showed up to get our cars detailed by the "Detail God" himself. Let's ask him for directions so we can plan a little road trip. What do you guys think, are you up for it ?
Old 07-08-2002, 10:11 AM
Suzuka Master

He has been

He has been huffing some paint thinner and body prep solvents for way to long...... rail dust!!!.... Last time I looked around there were no trains passing me on the highway...LOL

Smitty
Old 07-08-2002, 10:25 AM

Yeah, claying is a TOTAL waste of time. Yesterday after I washed it really well there were still lots of little particles left on the paint. Running the back of your hand over it you could feel lots of grit and particles you pick up from everyday driving. Clayed it, did 2 coats of Z2, and OMG it's unbelievably smooth once again. I might not be a Zaino freak like certain members (bling bling!) and put on a thousand coats, but we totally know that claying is a necessity when taking care of your car's finish. You don't have to use the Zaino system, you can use something else, but still clay the car. You'll feel the difference.

Are you an "Acura professional detailer" or is that really just the guy who washes dirty cars at the dealership? Go you.
Old 07-08-2002, 10:32 AM
Suzuka Master

He is the gimp

He is that gimp that gets $4.25 an hour to scrub a dub dub the used vehicles that come in on trade-ins... He used to be a professional sanitation engineer (Garbage-man) but he turned his life around and he is on the right track now.... the rail dust track...LOL

Smitty
Old 07-08-2002, 11:57 AM
Cruisin'

TO EXPLAIN THE TERM RAILDUST

Raildust occurs during shipping when the cars are carted all over creation from Jap to the US. They are trained in to various destination points in the US and then seperated out across the country on trailer. If you knew your head from your ass and didnt give me a bunch of grief then you would know things like this shawns and nate. Because right now i am laughing histerically because you guys have just said some of the dumbest stuff ever. So "raildust" doesnt come from clipping 90 mph down the highway next to a railroad track it comes from the shipping of the car originally when i had no wax on it because that is the way they come in and we first wax them and pdi them before they go out on the lot. With nothing to protect the sides of the car from hot embers the paint gets scorched per say and using a clay is the proper way to remove this. Therefore it has been on your car since day one and you didn't notice it until later because it gets gradually rougher over time.

Overspray come from when you drop your car off for the day at a dealer and they have a paint service there that is contracted out and they paint outside by federal and state laws. When it is windy the clearcoat and the paint are carried by the wind and end up on cars.

Now since i explained it in a way that a four-year old can understand do you think that you can stop mocking me like a jack-ass?
Old 07-08-2002, 12:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Hey Car Wash Boy....go get me a soda.

If you knew what you were talking about, rail dust accounts for maybe 10% of the contaminents found in the clear coat of most cars.

Wow, I never knew what overspray was. Thanks Car Wash Boy...

I think you've got a lot of education ahead of you. Maybe you'd be best to leave the detailing instructions to the Big Boys and you go back to washing dem cars son.
Old 07-08-2002, 12:11 PM
Rickrack79@hotmail.com

Not a chance!!!! You're the jackass for thinking we are going to believe a bunch of bullshit from a clown like you. You seem to have more stories than mother goose. Are you sure you didn't get smoking dust confused with rail dust? You should give up and move to another forum since nobody is taking anything you say seriously. Like NSXNEXT said, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out!!!! Don't you have some cars to clean or something??
Old 07-08-2002, 12:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Oh please

Oh please no.. Mr. NSXNEXT, ShawnS and everyone else... please leave me alone and quit mocking me.... Hey bdheilig, take your box of tissues and your 2 cents and hit the road.... your a joke... try this shit on the newbies if they will buy it....but your information is garbage.... I am not sure if you know who you are talking to but we are not 15 years olds with $30,000 cars... Some of us are twice your age and have been around the block and owned more vehicles than your entire family put together. We know what we are doing, you should become a fly on the wall and shut your pie hole..

Smitty
Old 07-08-2002, 01:29 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I must add my $0.02.

bdheilig: you came to the wrong place to start a detailing war. It is obvious by your comments that you are minimally trained or minimally experienced at detailing - you contradict what many state on many detailing sites.

There are common themes seen on most of these sites:
    The various detailing gurus on this site have reiterated the above list (plus a lot of other tips) and it does pan out - over and over again.

I am a bit of a sceptic, but I took the Zaino plunge and gave my new Black CL-S the treatment sans clay. I now have a wet-shine swirless beauty. I'm very happy with these products and tips. I've even Zaino'd my wife's abused 5 year old British Racing Green Saturn (did you catch the oxymoron?). You should see how bright and wet it made the areas without the chips and scratches. It really cheered up that abused finish.

The effort of the Zaino treatment is really no more then any other hand wax job. Wash; wipe on; wait; wipe off.

And how can you knock Shawn S's use of the leaf blower. That's the most ingenious thing I've heard in years. Obsessive. Compulsive...but look at his bling!

Do us a favor: do a google search on detailing, read up, try some polymer polish, and then give recommendations.

Oh - you should also click on Shawn S's and NSXNEXT's links and look at their cars - you might want to wear sunglasses though, the sparkle might blind you
    Old 07-08-2002, 01:33 PM
    Safety Car

Re: TO EXPLAIN THE TERM RAILDUST

Raildust occurs during shipping when the cars are carted all over creation from Jap to the US. They are trained in to various destination points in the US and then seperated out across the country on trailer.
    Are cars came from Jap..... ...man this guy is teaching us all kinda crap today!!! :whocares:

If you knew your head from your ass and didnt give me a bunch of grief then you would know things like this shawns and nate. Good one....

Now since i explained it in a way that a four-year old can understand do you think that you can stop mocking me like a jack-ass?
    Old 07-08-2002, 02:31 PM
    Team Owner

Originally posted by Slimey
    And how can you knock Shawn S's use of the leaf blower. That's the most ingenious thing I've heard in years. Obsessive. Compulsive...but look at his bling!

Old 07-08-2002, 02:34 PM
    Safety Car

Originally posted by Shawn S

Oh... I see its made by black & decker
    Old 07-08-2002, 02:48 PM
    Moderator Alumnus

Re: Re: TO EXPLAIN THE TERM RAILDUST

Originally posted by nate'sCLS
    Are cars came from Jap..... ...man this guy is teaching us all kinda crap today!!! :whocares:
    75% of the CL is made in the US.
    Old 07-08-2002, 03:12 PM
    Broke youngster :(

I cant understand the fact that cars are trained to the US, is there some BIG bridge or tunnel for this railroad?? TOOT TOOT!

Anyways cars are shipped by truck from Ohio, thats why CL are 85% AMERICAN parts and 15% JAPANESE. STFU and get out

Im a porter at my local dealer, Valencia Acura, but I dont call myself a Professional Acura Detailer. I do the same fucking job ure doing, 8 bucks a hr. Good summer job, not for the rest of your life like you are.

Idiot. ZAINO ROCKS!

Nick
    Old 07-08-2002, 03:22 PM
    Safety Car

Originally posted by nvpscore

Anyways cars are shipped by truck from Ohio, thats why CL are 85% AMERICAN parts and 15% JAPANESE. STFU and get out

Nick

Oh, that explains it, so 15% of the parts are contaminated by rail dust from the train traveling "Jap to US" and the other 85% are contaminated by ocean shipping dust on the boat ride to port... I was way off :P
    Old 07-08-2002, 03:25 PM
    Broke youngster :(

Oh, that explains it, so 15% of the parts are contaminated by rail dust from the train traveling "Jap to US" and the other 85% are contaminated by ocean shipping dust on the boat ride to port... I was way off :P
    85% is made in US of A while 15% is shipped to US to be built in Ohio. The whole car is built in Ohio.

NIck out
    Old 07-08-2002, 03:29 PM
    Safety Car

Originally posted by nvpscore

85% is made in US of A while 15% is shipped to US to be built in Ohio. The whole car is built in Ohio.

NIck out
    Thanks Nick This is what I thought before I was confused by bdheilig the "Acura professional detailer"
    Old 07-08-2002, 03:35 PM
    I miss my 03 CL-S :(

Received 445 Likes on 214 Posts
    damn!
    you guys are ruthless!

I have a question for the Acura Professional Detailer:
    How the fuck do I clean the inside of the rear glass easily? Corners and all. Without using solvents that would damage the wiring, or 'overspray' damaging the leather.
    Old 07-08-2002, 03:59 PM
    Suzuka Master

Originally posted by einsatz
    damn!
    you guys are ruthless!

How the fuck do I clean the inside of the rear glass easily? Corners and all. Without using solvents that would damage the wiring, or 'overspray' damaging the leather.

Oh NO, please don't call him out of the merking shadows.... that fucko will have you taking out the rear window to clean it with a maxi pad and liquid plumber..

Smitty
    Old 07-08-2002, 04:28 PM
    Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
    Originally posted by Smitty

Oh NO, please don't call him out of the merking shadows.... that fucko will have you taking out the rear window to clean it with a maxi pad and liquid plumber..

Smitty
    Not just any maxi pad, but the super-absorbent kind.
    Old 07-08-2002, 04:41 PM
    Safety Car

Originally posted by einsatz
    damn!
    you guys are ruthless!
    Nah... just damn good at knowing bs when we see it. :sqnteek:

How the fuck do I clean the inside of the rear glass easily?
    Well his glass cleaning approach should be interesting, here is how he cleans interiors...
    "from the professional" http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...557#post832550
    Old 07-09-2002, 01:11 AM
    ///M POWER

Does the california water blade scrath your car when drying it??
    Old 07-09-2002, 06:54 AM
    Three Wheelin'

All you have to do is apply for the job at 7.50 a hour.

Like if I got a job at the Wiz or Circuit City. I am a professional sales person.

Originally posted by eclipse23

Old 07-09-2002, 07:11 AM
    'Cooter

look boys and girls...i have no idea what i'm doing to my car
    Old 07-09-2002, 07:45 AM
    Pro

You guys are so mean it makes me laugh.

-briancl
    Old 07-09-2002, 01:54 PM
    Grls lov shiftn my stick

Re: Please if you have any detailing questions direct them to this forum

Just for those who haven't read my other comments i am a professional acura detailer at a dealer so i do indeed know what i am talking about and i can answer about anything within the realm of reality.

Thank you,

B
    My little brother was just made a 'professional acura detailer' for the summer. He washes the cars after they are serviced....I better ask him for his professional opinion on how to detail my car...........NOT!!!! :pee: :wackit:
    Old 07-09-2002, 01:56 PM
    Advanced

Originally posted by eclipse23

He pulled it out of his young, ignorant, braggin
    Old 07-09-2002, 04:21 PM
    Safety Car

Acura Professional Detailer
    You mean the wash boys out back that put swirl marks everywhere on paint...
    Old 07-09-2002, 04:25 PM
    Three Wheelin'

PLEASE SHAWN S & NSXNEXT can I please take this boy to school?
    I will bring him back & let you ZAINO masters beat him some more.
    The clay bar is not only for rail dust & paint overspray. It is also used for other contaminants such as bug splatter, tree sap, road tar.ect. The ZAINO clay bar is not the only one on the market. MEGUIARS, MOTHERS & how about the original clay bar CLAY MAGIC. Well if the Zaino clay bar is crap I guess the others like the original CLAY MAGIC are crap also. The maker of that product says it can be used for tree sap, road tar, bug splatter,paint overspray ect. Now let me school him on ZAINO polish a little bit before I give him back to the ZAINO masters. ZAINO is a SHOW CAR POLISH design to give a deep wet look longer lasting shine & protection from elements. Its an ultra - premium synthetic superior car polish with advanced gloss enhancers & protectors
    It deepens as you use more & if you see cars that have multi coats of it on your jaw would drop. I think most of the guys that came to the PARK AVE ACURA MEET use this stuff. This was over 100 cars & they were looking good. Alot of CORVETTE owners use this stuff & swear by it & you know how some of them keep VETTEs looking. Looking at your profile You are just a little kid to me I could be your daddy. I have used many products over the years on my HONDA cars some great & others so so. I have used high quality stuff & TV flybynight stuff. When you were born I already had my first brand new car for 2yrs. I kept it waxed to the max & people would gaulk over the shine for many years. When I worked for this company for many years me & another long time employee had the best looking cars in the parking lot. This was a lot that holds over 300 cars. This was the effort & the time we put in to keeping our cars clean. People would ask what kind of stuff we used. If you say ZAINO is crap you sure don't know jack. I can say from the many years of hand waxing my cars & using all kinds of products. I will use Zaino untill something better comes along. I will return you to the ZAINO master now listen & learn from them.
    Old 07-09-2002, 04:34 PM
    Safety Car

Originally posted by FTM-1
    .... When you were born I already had my first brand new car for 2yrs. I kept it waxed to the max & people would gaulk over the shine for many years...
    According to the "pro" you don't want to wax too much or your paint won't be able to breathe any longer
    Old 07-10-2002, 07:08 AM
    'Cooter

According to the "pro" you don't want to wax too much or your paint won't be able to breathe any longer
    i'd rather suffocate my car to death than wait to Z it once a month

imagine...i go to jail for 1st degree murder...of my car!!!
    Old 07-10-2002, 07:32 AM
    'Cooter

im telling u, this guy must b like a ricer RSX owner getting his jollies off of fukin a CL-S'ers ride

NOT COOL!!!!!!!!!!!:angry: :shakehd:
    Old 07-10-2002, 10:01 AM
    Safety Car

What happened to this clown anyway... probably off trying to hijack another Detailing forum somewhere :shakehd: Did it ever occur to him that these forums all full of people who know a thing or two more than he does.

Cleaning cars since High School....whoopteefriggindoo :whocares:
    Old 07-10-2002, 11:48 AM
    I'd rather be golfing

I think this dude is next going to recommend using those Brillo Pads (Steel Wool) to remove all that Zaino (or as he would say Wax) so that your paint can breath again...

Hell my car was white before and since the paint couldn't breath, it got gangrene and turned black!!
    Old 07-10-2002, 11:56 AM
    Racer

You guys are such a welcome break from my day. I have just gone through the joyous process of watching the "pro" getting ripped. Some of you are ruthless . . . and funny - a leathal combination.

I want to say thanks for making my day a little brighter - when it needed some brightening . . .

and then there is the possibility that you hurt his feelings, and for that I did get a tear to well up.

Of course, the word "troll" entered my mind, and this proves they can be fun too . . . unlike the ones hiding under my bed at night and disguising themselves as garden nomes in my backyard, laying in wait for me to drop my guard. They stand their best chance when I am occupied, while suffocating my paint with yet another layer of Zaino - its at that time when I am not paying attention to them . . . and yet- they keep smiling at me, making me complacent . . . .

Oh well, if he comes back - and I hope he does - lets not be so mean next time? There is that tiny bit of a chancve that he is serious, and relly wants to offer what help he can . . . hey - we all thought we knew a lot at one point, then we learned we didnt know anything . . . .

Quick Reply: Please if you have any detailing questions direct them to this forum