No patience for Zaino, Will this work?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 02:22 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No patience for Zaino, Will this work?

I was trying to claim warranty on my xzilon due to light scratches (or swirls), and is suggested to use htis product first:

http://www.granitize.com/index2.php?...%20and%20Shine

It's supposed to hide swirls, and is easily washable.

I've been wanting to try Zaino Z-5, but have been putting it off, due to its time consuming for its initial application.

My questions:
1. Have anyone tried to above product for gloss enhancement or swirl remover?
2. What are my alternatives, other than Zaino?

As always, thanks!
Old 03-18-2008, 02:53 AM
Racer

How about Klasse for the swirls?

After seeing the below quoted information from Excel, I have follow-up questions:

1. Do I need to apply Klasse SG with a buffer? or hand application is good enough?
2. Can it be applied by itself or will it work better with the Klasse AIO (considering the paint is clean)?
3. Knowing that AIO is a non-abrasive paint cleaner, they still claim that it should remove swirls? Is this true or will I be better off with the SG?

I highly suggest additional protection in the IE. Theres no way even the SG will last 6 months out there with high temps and U.V. exposure.
AIO will not remove any marring or swirls, SG may fill slightly. Maintain that monthly spray wax though. That should provide you with adequate supplemental protection and depth. Depth is limited with a spray product though. Im not sure why you went with the Klasse items, there not really known for looks as oppossed to AIO's ability to clean very well, and SG's protective qualities. Users have added a nuba atop SG for depth and clarity, you may want to try the GC and see what looks best..........
Tips for using both Klasse products, go easy on product consumption. There are issues when too much product is used. Have good microfibers for easier removal. If you should end up having difficulties with the SG removal, add a warm water spritz to the microfiber and wipe residue away. Users have also witnessed easier removal when not allowing the product to dry. In other words, wipe on, wipe off......As for AIO, wipe in, wipe off. You will know when you cant wipe AIO anymore.....It dries, hazes up rather quickly. Great chemical cleaner, decent protection as well....
UNQUOTE
Old 03-18-2008, 07:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by handy911
I was trying to claim warranty on my xzilon due to light scratches (or swirls), and is suggested to use htis product first:

http://www.granitize.com/index2.php?...%20and%20Shine

It's supposed to hide swirls, and is easily washable.

I've been wanting to try Zaino Z-5, but have been putting it off, due to its time consuming for its initial application.

My questions:
1. Have anyone tried to above product for gloss enhancement or swirl remover?
2. What are my alternatives, other than Zaino?

As always, thanks!
Thats a quick detailer. Im sure it delivers as promised, but as for swirl hiding? Not a chance......QD's are "furniture polish", and thats really it.....They remove dust, provide slickness, and some protection for a limited time.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Z-5 has fillers, see product description so in essence, you're "hiding" the imperfections. The best way to remove swirls and light scratches is using a polish with diminishing abrasives. With the Xzilon iit's kinda damn if you do, damn if you don't. AIO as mentioned is a great cleaner with protection but also has fillers. I don't know what you can use without voiding the treatment. Maybe one of the pros can suggest something.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
I guess my question is "why " are you trying to claim warranty? Because your car was protected with Xzilon and it was supposed to prevent the swirling etc?

If Xzilon is rejecting you it would be interesting to know why for the future people that are going to pay for the treatment.

Who is suggesting you us the C-11 .. the Xzilon people?

Also to me soon as you alter the Xzilon surface with any adders like polishes or swirl removers aren't you setting yourself up for rejection?
Old 03-18-2008, 09:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
I can guarantee you that the dealer would not be able to tell if you applied something on top of the Xzilon. Or if you even removed it via a polishing step (to remove swirls) then applied a sealant.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:36 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where do people keep getting that Z-5 is an SMR????
Old 03-27-2008, 12:57 AM
Racer

Klasse AIO / SG...

After seeing the below quoted information from Excel, I have follow-up questions:

1. Do I need to apply Klasse SG with a buffer? or hand application is good enough?
2. Can it be applied by itself or will it work better with the Klasse AIO (considering the paint is clean)?
3. Knowing that AIO is a non-abrasive paint cleaner, they still claim that it should remove swirls? Is this true or will I be better off with the SG?

I highly suggest additional protection in the IE. Theres no way even the SG will last 6 months out there with high temps and U.V. exposure.
AIO will not remove any marring or swirls, SG may fill slightly. Maintain that monthly spray wax though. That should provide you with adequate supplemental protection and depth. Depth is limited with a spray product though. Im not sure why you went with the Klasse items, there not really known for looks as oppossed to AIO's ability to clean very well, and SG's protective qualities. Users have added a nuba atop SG for depth and clarity, you may want to try the GC and see what looks best..........
Tips for using both Klasse products, go easy on product consumption. There are issues when too much product is used. Have good microfibers for easier removal. If you should end up having difficulties with the SG removal, add a warm water spritz to the microfiber and wipe residue away. Users have also witnessed easier removal when not allowing the product to dry. In other words, wipe on, wipe off......As for AIO, wipe in, wipe off. You will know when you cant wipe AIO anymore.....It dries, hazes up rather quickly. Great chemical cleaner, decent protection as well....
UNQUOTE
Hei,

Just planning to purchase Klasse AIO and SG, but as usual having doubts (since they're pretty expensive).

1. Anyone here has used them, please share your experience.

2. What does it mean when they say "after aplying SG to the whole car, start buffing". I will think the product will sort of dry by itself, especially with light coating. Does buffing mean wiping of / drying the product with MF towel?
Old 03-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Hei,

Just planning to purchase Klasse AIO and SG, but as usual having doubts (since they're pretty expensive).

1. Anyone here has used them, please share your experience.

2. What does it mean when they say "after aplying SG to the whole car, start buffing". I will think the product will sort of dry by itself, especially with light coating. Does buffing mean wiping of / drying the product with MF towel?
Who is "they"

You don't apply SG to the whole car then buff off.

I use the Klasse twins a lot ..

In reality cost per application is low .. you do about 30 cars per can .. it only takes about 3/4 oz of SG to do a car.

Here is my application method

Klasse SG Wipe on, Wipe off, Official Application Instructions
Considering I've been getting PM's asking me to outline my official SG application/removal technique, I thought I would go ahead and start a thread that covers exactly how I perform wipe on, wipe off.

My technique is pretty simple.

In order to apply SG using wipe on, wipe off, you should do the following:

1. Take a new yellow foam applicator and spray it with water.

Squeeze the applicator as much as you can so that most of the water is gone. All you should have is a slightly damp applicator. This will make the SG more pliable.

2. Apply a couple of drops of SG to your applicator and apply it to a section of your car (1/3 of the hood, half of the roof, etc) in a front to back motion. Once you have covered the whole section with SG, immediately wipe off the residue with a MF towel that has been lightly misted with distilled water. Wipe off in front to back motion.

3. Repeat step 2 for every section until the whole car is done.

Notes:

- As mentioned before, wipe the SG off immediately, no dry time is necessary.

- The SG should wipe off very easily leaving behind a slick, smooth, and glossy finish.

- You should use no more than 1oz. of SG per coat on a regular size car (BMW 3 Series, Mercedes-Benz C-Class)

- Only perform step 1 one time, before applying SG to the first panel. You do NOT need to spritz your applicator with water before applying SG to each section. Once you apply SG to a couple of sections the applicator will be wet enough with SG, negating the need for more water.

-Do not use any QD to aid in removal of SG. This will / may cause the klasse SG to develop an oily haze/film down the road. I've also experienced this.

-Wait AT LEAST 24 hours before applying another coat of SG. SG needs time to cure and bond to your paint surface. If you've driven the car ANYWHERE, then wash it before applying the next layer, or else you will just re-swirl your car.

-Put on three coats of SG, and you will be good to go.

-If you desire more warmth and depth in your paint, then apply a carnuba wax a week after you’ve applied the third layer of SG. Make sure you wash before you wax.
That's it!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:31 AM
Pro

Z-5p barely fills anything.