Need Help with Z-PC Fusion!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 08:50 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need Help with Z-PC Fusion!

I'm using Z-PC fusion right now. Car is already washed/clayed/washed. Now I'm working on the Z-PC fusion right now and I run into a few questions.

So I'm applying the Z-PC on in about a 2'x2' area as the directions say. I go back and forth a few times over the area. After all that is done, I start bufffing whatever is left. Now the problem is that when I'm buffing this stuff off, I can see the streaks in the direction of the last time I went over the area with Z-PC. Visable as in, if you look at the area in the right angle with light, you will see it but I wont see if I am directly over the area.

Is this because I am not buffing the area good enough? I went over a test area a few times and I still can't get these streaks out. Can someone help with with tips when using the Z-PC?
Old 08-22-2006, 08:43 AM
Bring It

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've used Z-PC before, i find that using an orbital buffer first, then followed by a regular cotton towel. Z-PC is "chalkier" compared to the other Z products.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:50 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fusion is an abrasive polish and from what I've read on other forums it's on par with PB SSR2. As with most polishes, it can be applied by hand, but the best way to remove minor swirls and scratches is a dual action buffer. Hand motion cannot replicate what a machine does. Applying a polish by hand is time consuming and not as effective. Marring can occur and a finer polish is needed to smooth them out or use Z5 as per instructions. The object of using an abrasive polish is to remove surface defects.