new zaino product

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 01:56 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
new zaino product

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...duct_Code=Z-PC

Introducing Zaino Fusion - Dual Action Paint Cleaner Swirl Remover

• Eliminate common paint defects quickly and easily!
• 100% compatibility with all painted surfaces and Zaino paint products!
• Water-based formula means no mess, no staining, and easy clean up!
• Features the world's first true self-dissolving, fused tri-particulate, diminishing abrasive system
• No fillers or oils
• VOC compliant
• Perfect your paint with Zaino Z-PC Fusion

For years, visual imperfections such as swirl marks, scuffs, scratches and buffer holograms were the scourge of perfectionists everywhere. They infected vehicles without any discrimination - show cars, daily drivers, imports, domestics and custom vehicles all suffered. But worry no more - Zaino, the world's leader in paint care technology, has the antidote for all of your paint ailments: Zaino Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner Swirl Remover ("Z-PC").

Featuring the world's first (and only) true, self-dissolving, fused tri-particulate, diminishing abrasive system, Zaino Z-PC Fusion is just what the paint doctor ordered for your vehicle. Whether your paint is suffering from spider-webbing, minor scuffmarks, or a fully developed case of the swirls, Zaino Z-PC Fusion has the cure. And best of all, it works equally well when used by hand or machine, making it as versatile as it is effective!

Thanks to Zaino's advanced, fused tri-particulate, self-dissolving diminishing abrasive system, swirls and other defects are safely removed from your vehicle's paint. The ultra-intelligent abrasives gently and carefully knockdown high spots on your car to reveal an extremely smooth, super-reflective, mile-deep shine. Swirl marks and other blemishes will literally disappear before your eyes, and they'll stay away - Zaino Z-PC Fusion contains no fillers or oils.

With Zaino Z-PC Fusion, you'll be amazed by how deep, glossy, clean, and blemish-free your paint looks, and you'll love the compatibility that it provides. Unlike other paint prep products that are typically loaded with cheap oils and fillers, the water-based formula of Zaino Z-PC Fusion requires no washing afterward - just apply and remove Zaino Z-PC Fusion and go straight to applying your favorite Zaino protectant. Further, there's virtually no effort required to apply and remove Zaino Z-PC Fusion. Just wipe it on, work it in (either by hand or machine) and wipe it off.

Zaino Z-PC Fusion is perfect for any type of paint - from single-stage paints to clear-coated finishes to gel-coats, Zaino Z-PC Fusion will bring out the best in your paint. Metallics will sparkle! Pearls will pop! Reds will scream, "Pull me over," and your black paint will never have looked so smooth. It's perfect for domestic cars, European cars and imports. So whether you're driving a super-exotic performance car or just running the kids around town, be confident that no other paint cleaner is as advanced, effective and easy to use as Zaino Z-PC Fusion is.

So say good-bye to swirl marks, scuffs, spider-webbing, and other annoying paint defects. Zaino Z-PC Fusion takes your paint to a whole new level - one that's certain to drive other enthusiasts insane with jealousy!

The Z-PC bottle contains 8 fl. ozs. (236 ml.)

Old 06-15-2005, 02:02 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sal has got to be absolutely filthy f*ing rich at this point........
Old 06-15-2005, 02:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

it says its equally good used by hand as by PC
do you think this works better htan Scratch-X? i tried Scratch X by hand w/ okay results..
Old 06-15-2005, 02:41 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I need some of this stuff.

i wonder if it smells as good as the others.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:59 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by big mike 13
it says its equally good used by hand as by PC
do you think this works better htan Scratch-X? i tried Scratch X by hand w/ okay results..

scratch X is pretty mild, I hope this is stronger
Old 06-15-2005, 03:04 PM
Team Owner

I just got that E-Mail from Zaino.
I need some of this stuff.
Three winters have not been kind to my paint.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:35 PM
LOUD NOISES!!

Not to thread jack......but
I have never used any of the Zaino products, are they really as good as they say, and better than all the other products out there? I have been faithful to a a professional line of products called Malco (www.malcopro.com). But I am always wondering if there are better products out there. So, my question is that to people that have been on both sides of the coin (Zaino vs. every one else), whats your over all impression. I have done a search and basically i just get results of people that used Zaino not an overall comparison. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:52 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I really like Zaino as do many others.

Give it a try and decide for yourself.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Best email I got today...
Old 06-15-2005, 04:20 PM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just finsihed reading my e-mail, my black car NEEDS this
Old 06-15-2005, 05:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

anyone in the NYC area want to share shipping on this?
Old 06-17-2005, 11:30 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by TSX CSI
Not to thread jack......but
I have never used any of the Zaino products, are they really as good as they say, and better than all the other products out there? I have been faithful to a a professional line of products called Malco (www.malcopro.com). But I am always wondering if there are better products out there. So, my question is that to people that have been on both sides of the coin (Zaino vs. every one else), whats your over all impression. I have done a search and basically i just get results of people that used Zaino not an overall comparison. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

they are good, but malco also makes good products. Everyone likes something different.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:01 PM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Zaino Z-PC Fusion will remove mild to moderate (1500-2000 grit) CAS= 4/10, swirls and scratches. My take on its abrasive level after initial use would put it between 3M SMR and Iz Paint Polish. And would add that once the diminishing abrasives break down it produces a 'burnishing' effect on the surface (similar to Menzerna P085RD Polish) producing a high gloss.
JonM
Old 06-17-2005, 10:36 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
So what's the difference bwtween the Z-5 and Z-PC. They are both listed as swirl removers.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:18 PM
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 41 Posts
If I have already put several coats of Z-2 on my car can I still get any benefit from this new product? Or do I need to strip whats on there and start over?
Old 06-18-2005, 08:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
I was a beta tester of it a year ago. Did a nice job on my TL to remove microscratching.

Glad to see it's finally released. Guess I'm taking a trip to Shore Motorsports this week.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:26 AM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by kcroberge
If I have already put several coats of Z-2 on my car can I still get any benefit from this new product? Or do I need to strip whats on there and start over?
If your paint surface has swirl marks or scratches next time you decide to do the complete Zanio process use Z-PC Fusion to remove surface blemishes.

Sweetjazz- So what's the difference bwtween the Z-5 and Z-PC. They are both listed as swirl removers.

Z-5 contains fillers that will 'hide' very minor surface marring, wereas Z-PC Fusion contains an abrasive that will remove them
JonM
Old 06-30-2005, 10:20 PM
Team Owner

Anybody use this stuff yet?
I finally got around to ordering some today.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:33 AM
Burning Brakes

From what I've read on Autopia, it sounds like it's a great addition to the lineup. It's been in R&D for a few years, so I wouldn't expect Sal to release it until it's ready. I think I'll like it when I get around to it.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Work safe avatar bish :D

so the first one to use post before/after pictures
Old 12-24-2005, 10:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
no takers ???
Old 12-24-2005, 09:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by exceldetail
no takers ???

I have a bottle in the garage. Gonna wait till Spring to give it a shot.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
I have a bottle in the garage. Gonna wait till Spring to give it a shot.

its in the 70s here is FL j/k
Old 12-25-2005, 08:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by nandowong
its in the 70s here is FL j/k

See you in August.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
I'm gonna order this stuff in the spring. Big question ... when is this stuff used? I'm gonna wash with Dawn, clay the car, rewash with Dawn, etc... do I use this stuff after I've rewashed with Dawn? Or do I do this after I put on Z1, Z2?

And no, I have not read the first post in completion ... cliff notes, please.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:26 AM

since its an abbrasive and not a filler like z5 i would guess it goes prior to any zaino coats. so after you clay and rewash car.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:28 AM

Note: For best results, use on a cool surface, out of direct sunlight. Product may be used in the sun or on a hot surface, but more dusting and minor streaking may occur.

1. Wash and dry your vehicle as normal.

2. For HAND use: apply a small amount of Zaino Z-PC Fusion to a cotton or foam applicator pad (draw an "X" from corner-to corner of your pad). Work a small area (no bigger than 2' x 2') with the Zaino Fusion, using firm motions. Work the product for as long as necessary - stop to occasionally check your progress. Circular motions may be used, but always finish with front-to-back or up-and-down motions. When satisfied with progress, continue to step 4.

3. For MACHINE use: Can be used by random orbital or (for experienced users) rotary. Select a moderate speed (RO - 4.5; Rotary - 1200rpm) and an appropriate cutting or polishing pad. Apply Zaino Z-PC Fusion to the buffer pad in a "star" pattern. Start machine slowly to reduce sling. Work a small (2' x 2') area with moderate pressure until satisfied with results.

4. Buff the area clean with a soft, lint-free, non-marring towel. If satisfied with the results, proceed to next section. If more buffing is required, repeat either step 2 or 3. Problem areas like door handles (where keys often scratch) may require a few applications for best results.

5. When done, apply either: Zaino ZFX enabled Z-2 PRO, Z-3, or Z-5 to the surface for a long lasting, great looking shine that will lock-in the results of your work with Zaino Z-PC Fusion.

Tip: If more "bite" is desired, you can mist a slight amount of clean water (from a spray bottle) while using Z-PC Fusion. The water will interfere with the buffers that encapsulate the abrasives and will produce a slightly stronger result. Water can also be used to minimize dusting when using a machine buffer (random orbital or rotary).
Old 12-26-2005, 11:28 AM

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Does Z-PC replace Z-5?
No. Z-5 is not an abrasive and can be used as often as you like. Z-PC contains diminishing abrasives that are not intended for frequent use on paint finishes. Z-PC also does not have any protective qualities, so you must use a Zaino product like ZFX enabled Z-2 PRO, Z-3, or Z-5 for durable and long lasting protection.

When would I use Z-PC verses Z-5?
We prefer to attempt the least or non-abrasive process prior to moving on to Z-PC. If after 1 or 2 coats of Z-5, you are not satisfied with the surface condition, you will need to move onto Z-PC.

Will Z-PC remove Zaino Z-2 PRO, Z-3, or Z-5?
Yes. By it's very nature as a diminishing abrasive, Z-PC breaks down the finish including Zaino polishes.

I used Z-PC and now the paint looks hazy. Is this normal?
Dark color surfaces, especially black, will sometimes leave you with a slightly hazy or milky surface after using Z-PC. Z-PC Fusion does not have any fillers or oils. To make the surface crystal clear, apply your ZFX enabled Z2 or Z5 to make this milky look go away, leaving a perfect, crisp, clear, BLACK and scratch free finish.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:19 PM
Racer

ure gonna wash
clay
rewash
and then Use Z-PC

as for the using it by hand . . . Im not a believer in that . .I got much better results by random orbital . .

when i restore the files etc from my dead pc - i could post before and after . . .. on a black car.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Homer2

when i restore the files etc from my dead pc - i could post before and after . . .. on a black car.

cant wait