Meguiars NXT Wash is Amazing!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 02:01 PM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Meguiars NXT Wash is Amazing!!

thread title kind of said it but I will explain.....

I am no way a professional, yet, but I HAVE been washing my own car for almost ten years now and I have tried many different brands of car soap or "shampoo" as some companies call it. From Sunlight to "cheapo" Symonize blue liquid to each Meguiars brand - Deep Crystal Wash - Soft Wash Gel - Gold Class Car Shampoo and recently NXT generation Wash.

I origionally intended to wash my TL and maybe my sisters Protege 5. I only put a little but of soap in a 5gal bucket, just enough to do my car, because the water could get dirty during the washes and I didn't want to dump out 10L/3gal. of soapy water. I was planning to use multiple buckets. Trying to pour 1 oz. out of a 64 oz. bottle wasn't accurate at all but I did by best. I probably had about three, YES THREE, inches of water in the bottom of the bucket before the entire 18L / 5gal. bucket was full with sudds!!! I must of said "are you $h!tt!n' me!" about ten times as I was filling it up and the sudds just flew to the top of the bucket.. I wasn't even using a power sprayer, just a regular "gardina" brand, "gun" style sprayer!!

So lots of sudds, who cares right? I was able to clean my car and my sisters Protege 5. Since I am washing the mitt off, then putting it in a bucket of clean water, rincing it out, wringing it out, putting it into the big bucket with the soappy water, then putting it back on the car.. The water in the soap bucket wasn't dirty at all, however I had to change the "clean water bucket" a couple of times though. So...... who's next? My mom's 98 Windstar and my sisters crappy old sunbird.. After both of them, I had no more cars to wash, my neibour was out, so I dumped the rest of the soap on the sunfire, it was still clean, I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't. I had obviously added more water as I went on, but the sudds just kept coming!!!

It's been a week now and all four cars shine!!! the kicker is my TL is silver.. The windstar is maroon, the mazda is that wierd purple-blue colour and the sinbird is bright blue.. All of them are darker colours and give off a really nice shine..Almost as good as my TL , and I have done some nice work on the TL's paint (ie. claybar, polish, wax). The other three are "means of transportation", they're not taken care of them! and they look almost as good as mine with only a wash from Meguiars NXT generation.

This Stuff is Amazing!!!
Old 06-10-2004, 02:11 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
RF,

I didnt pick up the NXT wash yesterday, although I was thinking about it. It was only like $5.79 or something for the bottle. But I still have a whole bottle of gold glass wash that I only used a couple of times. I was surprised how much of a shine it brought out in my silver TL the first time i used it. Is the NXT much better than the gold class wash?
Old 06-10-2004, 02:36 PM

I think so, it says ANTI-STATIC AGENT added to help prevent car from attracting dust! it leaves the car negativly charged. It also has the "Engineered Synthetic Polymers" ESP, in it as well. I think that is the new ingredients that included with the entire NXT gen line. Along with the scent, perfectly worded by Dave Bynon in his NXT gen wax review,

"The first thing I noticed about NXT Tech Wax is that it has a very smooth texture and a light, cheerful key lime fragrance with just a hint of Jujubees."

the review can be found at www.bettercarcare.com under the "product review" section on your left..
Worth a read if you have nxt gen or are considering it..
Old 06-10-2004, 04:43 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello freedom.
do you think this NXT tech wax can be used right after i wash my car? i keep reading on this forum that its a polish/wax. that would be the ultimate since i dont want to go through the extra polish step.

actually, ive never polished or waxed my car since i bought it (3 years ago). only bi-monthly car washes.

if you were to pick a product after a "car wash" which would it be? a polish or a wax? i figure its about time i make my car look good again using MINIMAL effort.

btw, do they sell this NXT stuff in Canada, i was calling around and no one seems to know what im talking about.

thanks.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:21 PM
Burning Brakes

If you haven't done anything besides washing the car in 3 years, I think you need to clay the car. Clay will remove the embedded particles from the paint. After that stage, you should wash the car again and then apply NXT. So the wash, clay, wash, NXT steps should really bring back A LOT of shine and warmth to your paint. Polishing is another topic. Check out that link that residualfreedom posted. Great Articles !!!
I think sc354 is from Canada and was into NXT...not sure though.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by SK2003TypeS
If you haven't done anything besides washing the car in 3 years, I think you need to clay the car. Clay will remove the embedded particles from the paint. After that stage, you should wash the car again and then apply NXT. So the wash, clay, wash, NXT steps should really bring back A LOT of shine and warmth to your paint.

Sound like good advice to me.. you might think it is a little legnthy, start saturday morning. You won't believe the difference a clay bar does to the car.. so worth it..especially after three years. You will think you have a new car..

Meguiars NXt is sold in the States, and will be sold up here at the end of this month, I think.. I have picked up my supply at Meguiars Canada in Mississauga, just west of Toronto. If you're not far from the border, jump across, if not you can probably order from Meguiars Canada or wait till the end of the month.. Canadian Tire will be carrying it at the end of the month ,
Old 06-11-2004, 12:21 AM
Instructor

do i need to dry the car before i clay?? as you are claying the car and spraying the lubrication, do you just let the clay particles dry up as you pass over it ?? or are you constantly flushing out the clay and lubricant with water ?

wash, clay, wash, NXT. holy, thats 4x over.
on the 2nd wash, do i need to scrub again with "car wash soap" or is water enuff?
Old 06-11-2004, 07:48 AM

Ya but you won't have to clay the car for years! considering you haven't clayed yet in three years your car will love you. I have heard that you don't have to wash off the clay libricant after claybarring. However considering you are using NXT, and not a seperate polish and wax..I would suggest washing it down again after the clay process..

And if you want to break it down. it is really - soap on - wash off - dry off - clay on - wash off - dry off - NXT on - NXT off - so it could be eight times over, boy do you end up knowing your car by the time you are done, every scratch and every ding memorized.
post #750
Old 06-11-2004, 08:29 AM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by fighting fish
do i need to dry the car before i clay?? as you are claying the car and spraying the lubrication, do you just let the clay particles dry up as you pass over it ?? or are you constantly flushing out the clay and lubricant with water ?

wash, clay, wash, NXT. holy, thats 4x over.
on the 2nd wash, do i need to scrub again with "car wash soap" or is water enuff?
FF,

here's a good article on how to clay your car.

http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=14
Old 06-11-2004, 11:24 AM
Burning Brakes

4 times over ?....hmmm....When doing a full blown detail, I'll spend a weekend. Maybe 16 hours or so. For some this is a chore, others really enjoy it though (I enjoy it)....a little too much. Soon you'll end up with a few too many toyz.
My Toyz
Old 06-12-2004, 10:41 PM
All go, no show

The NXT wash is very good! Nice pleasant scent too. I recommend it.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:55 AM
Cruisin'

For those of you in Canada, here's a supply of NXT wax (only) from a Vancouver supplier.

http://www.carcaresmart.com/Merchant...tegory_Code=WP

However, I haven't tried the product yet as I'm waiting for some nice weather.
Old 06-14-2004, 08:13 AM
Perfect and Greek

yeah the NXT wash is great compared to most others. when followed with claying, a polish, and NXT wax the results are amazing...
Old 06-14-2004, 08:29 AM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by garuda
For those of you in Canada, here's a supply of NXT wax (only) from a Vancouver supplier.

Also.. NXT products will be available at Canadian Tire stores as of July... Another easy way of ordering products would be to order them directly from Meguiar's Canada... their head office is located in Mississauga, Ont... and they also have a website...
Old 06-15-2004, 08:11 PM
Intermediate

I also highly recommend the NXT wash. I am also an amateur car washer, but I have tried many products in my 2.5 years of owning my RX-7. However, I was a little disappointed with the NXT wax. It was nice, but it just had too synthetic of a feel. Plus, since the TL sits outside (yes, you can shoot me, the RX-7 goes in the garage...it's my true baby), the NXT wax has already come off after only about 2 weeks, whereas a good carnauba wax would still be there. It makes me wonder how much the NXT wax is really protecting my paint?
Old 06-15-2004, 10:49 PM
Instructor

im sold on that NXT tech wax.

my question is, how big of a difference in shine, depth, wetness will there be if i just clay before NXT wax as opposed to claying and polishing before applying NXT wax.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:20 PM

I reccomend work on a spot and polish and then NXt and another spot just put NXT. compare them, if there isn't much of a difference go with the NXT alone..

bu the thread was on the NXT Wash. It as freakin amazing... I have a few boxes of nxt wax myself. I love the stuff, and I have used it on top of Liquid Glass, SFP, DACP, and even Step 2 polish by Meguiars as well. But I wil use just NXT on a car if I have recently polished it. It is really up to you.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:36 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ResidualFreedom
Ya but you won't have to clay the car for years! considering you haven't clayed yet in three years your car will love you. I have heard that you don't have to wash off the clay libricant after claybarring. However considering you are using NXT, and not a seperate polish and wax..I would suggest washing it down again after the clay process..

And if you want to break it down. it is really - soap on - wash off - dry off - clay on - wash off - dry off - NXT on - NXT off - so it could be eight times over, boy do you end up knowing your car by the time you are done, every scratch and every ding memorized.
post #750
NXT off? why do you take off the NXT.. isnt it a wax?

or are you talking about taking off the NXT wash? anyway, NXT IS good stuff. yum. wondering how much everyone paid for their bottles. i got mine at an amazing 2.99! dont ask me how, i got connections

also wondering if anyone applies NXT wax after the NXT WASH.. lol it seems kinda redundant to me.. the wash itself is amazing
Old 06-21-2004, 10:00 AM

When NXT Wax is buffed on to the car it leaves a hazy or matte reflection, when you wipe the hazy residue off the car, or "buff" the car, you are taking xtra/unused wax off the car. so Yes NXT off, even though you are still leaving a coat of NXT you are wiping the excess wax off the car.

If the NXT wax seems "redundant" because the wash is so good. You ovbiously haven't tried the Wax. You will get two different results... The wash is great in my opinion, but will not give you the protection from the elements like the wax will, and it will not leave the car looking even close to as nice as wax will.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:24 AM
Instructor

Love the wash - hate the smell - -
Old 08-11-2004, 10:30 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by groebuck
Love the wash - hate the smell - -

the smell is the best part

I switched back to Gold Class though, it's a much smoother wash
Old 08-11-2004, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by garuda

However, I haven't tried the product yet as I'm waiting for some nice weather.

Actually now it comes form a fellow TL member.....ME !!!

If you want any of the NXT GEN products please contact me through here or on the website..
Old 08-11-2004, 03:50 PM
Racer

I use the gold class polish, #7 I think it is, and #26 the wax. I think my car (naples gold) looks shiny and wet. I also clayed it b/c i just got it a month ago (2001) and it definitely needed it. Smooth as silk now.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:45 PM
Instructor

I use NXT and my car shocks me everytime I get out of the car! Is that from the anti-static thing?
Im definitely going to use a polish before I NXT next time. It doesn't look near as wet as some of the rides on this site!! Thats what I am shooting for and I'm freakin jealous too!!

JG
Old 08-13-2004, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by JGsTL-S
I use NXT and my car shocks me everytime I get out of the car! Is that from the anti-static thing?
Im definitely going to use a polish before I NXT next time. It doesn't look near as wet as some of the rides on this site!! Thats what I am shooting for and I'm freakin jealous too!!

JG

Fire me a mesage before you're going to attack your car next, I'll get you some step by step pics and directions, if you want of course. The wet look is really not that hard to achieve, you just need the right methods and products. I did a number on Tatewaki's TL before Darknights (carshow) here in Toronto.

This is before I "attacked" the car however this pic is taken after the car has been washed and clayed, you can see how a wash and a clay will not bring out the shine or colour.

After:

Old 08-13-2004, 11:35 AM
LDH
I

thats one nice shine...what did you use on it?
Old 08-13-2004, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by LDH
thats one nice shine...what did you use on it?
First we, wetsanded for a while to get that bumper in better condition, then Poorboy's SSR3, SSR2.5, SSR2 and SSR1. That removed the swirls and preped the surface for polishing and protectant. I then used Klasse AllInOne (AIO), which has three purposes, to clean the surface, polish it and protect it, hence "All In One". Then for a layer of aditional protectant I applied Klasse SealantGlaze (SG) an incredible sealant. I followed afterwards with a coat of pure carnuba paste wax, (Natty's, P21S, and Meguiar's #16 work great here) I happened to use the P21s here. The carnuba gives the depth desired for a "show car" however doesn't have the longevity that the "newer" sealants have.. some lasting 7 months with proper maintenance, ie a good spritz or "Quick Detail" after each wash.

The reason I did so much for this car is it was going to a car show the following weekend and it "needed a makeover", lol..
Old 08-13-2004, 04:34 PM
Instructor

looking good !!

great job rf!
Old 08-13-2004, 05:29 PM

great job rf!

thanks, Tatewaki's wife was impressed!! Steve (Tatewaki) told me that was the real test....she doesn't notice stuff like that, but she really noticed the car when they picked up.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Wow !!! Great Work ResidualFreedom !! Must've been hurting before you hit it with all those products. That second pic looks like a different color.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:26 PM
Instructor

wow 3,2.5,2 and 1 ?? was that all over or spot work?
Old 08-14-2004, 02:33 AM

wow 3,2.5,2 and 1 ?? was that all over or spot work?

Tatewaki's car has been parked outside in the canadian winters since '99, it wasn't is bad shape, just typically weathered.

We only used the 3 where the swirls, scratches and wetsanding marks were the worst, ie when his mom cleaned bird sh#t off the roof with a paper towel, ouch!!! Typically the horizontal parts and the front of the car are the most scratched, so they needed the 3, 2.5, 2 & 1 but I could have gotten away with doing a 2.5, 2 & 1 but I A) would have to spend more time or B) We would not get the desired results.