I'm rinsing off my car everyday

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 11:25 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm rinsing off my car everyday

Hi folks,

First post - I'm rinsing off my new ride which I love everyday with a power wash. Is there any risks by doing this????I live in toronto and the weather has been crap but my condo has a car wash bay. Also is the cali. water blade really safe???
Old 01-29-2004, 12:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: I'm rinsing off my car everyday

Originally posted by Glenn Marc
Hi folks,

First post - I'm rinsing off my new ride which I love everyday with a power wash. Is there any risks by doing this????I live in toronto and the weather has been crap but my condo has a car wash bay. Also is the cali. water blade really safe???
You're probably fine as long as you are protecting the paint with a wax during the "clean" months.

I use the California Blade works great. I'm one of those guys who has speacial towels just for washing and waxing the car. I have never had any issue with the blade and it cuts drying time by 1/4. However, if you aren't washing your car (sponge and soap) I wouldn't use the blade.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:28 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Hey Glenn welcome to the board. I'm in Toronto myself and definently advise rinsing the car down with a power washer. You have to get all that salt off or it slowly eat away at the cars metal. I try to do the same but the pipes in my garage froze so I can't turn on the power washer. Like moda said, try and wax/polish the car during the summer months so that its well protected during the winter.

I used Zaino to polish the car twice in 03 (once in April and once in Sept) and the car surface still beads beautifully when wet today. Its obvious the paint it still protected. You should maybe think about getting the car rust proofed as well if you already hav'nt. I had it done at Crown Rust which is a yearly thing that costs about $115 taxes in.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:54 PM
2nd Gear

Thanks for the warm welcome domn - do you know where I can buy some of the zaino products and which ones to buy? And also do you know where I can get a good tinting job around the etobicoke area? I also want to drop the car with some eibach pro's but I have no idea where to look and what a good deal is on labour and parts. I'm new to this mod thing, after seeing all the cars on this forum with eibach's and tint's I just couldn't resist.
I hope I'm not overwhelming you with all these questions. I'm a real deal newbie.

Cheers,

Glenn

2004 TSX AT
aero kit
1st drive Jan 15/04
Old 01-29-2004, 03:02 PM
Racer

domn.. need to do rustproof yearly?
Old 01-29-2004, 03:54 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Glenn, Zaino as far as I know is only sold at a store called the BarberShop located in Square One in Mississauga. I think it can be ordered online but I'm not sure where. Try doing a search of the site it should give you that info.

As for tints, not sure, still hav'nt tinted my car and I hav'nt done any research as to where to go. Check out the Canada East section for more info.

Same with springs. I know Comptech Springs are about $300 or so CAD so I'd guess Eibach's would be priced the same. You can count on at least $150 to $200 for installation labour since the back seats have to be removed to install the new springs. I don't think or at least can't remember anyone here from T.O installing springs on their TSX so I could'nt suggest where to buy or get them installed. Try posing the question in Canada East.

tsxer.ca, if you get the dealer installed rust proofing its a one time fee with free check ups every year. I did'nt feel like paying the $500 to $600 they were asking so I went through Crown which has to be reapplied every year at a $115 cost. They guarantee no rust for the life of the car.
Old 01-29-2004, 04:48 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If its so cold that the pipes in you garage are freezing, then you dont have to worry about salt eating away at your car.
Old 01-29-2004, 05:31 PM
Pro

Re: I'm rinsing off my car everyday

but my condo has a car wash bay.
That's so sweet! I wish my condo had one.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:54 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by domn
Glenn, Zaino as far as I know is only sold at a store called the BarberShop located in Square One in Mississauga. I think it can be ordered online but I'm not sure where. Try doing a search of the site it should give you that info.

As for tints, not sure, still hav'nt tinted my car and I hav'nt done any research as to where to go. Check out the Canada East section for more info.

Same with springs. I know Comptech Springs are about $300 or so CAD so I'd guess Eibach's would be priced the same. You can count on at least $150 to $200 for installation labour since the back seats have to be removed to install the new springs. I don't think or at least can't remember anyone here from T.O installing springs on their TSX so I could'nt suggest where to buy or get them installed. Try posing the question in Canada East.

tsxer.ca, if you get the dealer installed rust proofing its a one time fee with free check ups every year. I did'nt feel like paying the $500 to $600 they were asking so I went through Crown which has to be reapplied every year at a $115 cost. They guarantee no rust for the life of the car.
Hey Domn,

I've seen a few folks on this board talk about Eiback spring mods. What's the benefit of that? Are the springs that came with the TSX crap? I think they provide a nice sporty ride. I guess I'm just wondering why pay to have the springs changed at all?
Old 01-30-2004, 12:23 AM
CDR
Instructor

do you know where I can buy some of the zaino products and which ones to buy?
The main Zaino web site is at www.zainostore.com and has info on the products and application. The online store doesn't ship to Canada; there's a Canadian contact mike@zaino.ca buried in the Contact Us info. If you have a nearby distributor that's likely the easiest and cheapest.

The core Zaino products are Z-2 sealant (for clear coat finishes) and Z-6 quick detailer. I STRONGLY recommend you also buy the ZFX "accelerator" additive to the Z2/5 so that you can put multiple thin coats on in a few hours. Otherwise it takes days. The web site has lots of info on variations and their many other products.

I started using Zaino for the long lasting protection, and my CG still looks great after 3 (California) winter months. I'm happy I made the switch.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:02 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by T Sexy
Hey Domn,

I've seen a few folks on this board talk about Eiback spring mods. What's the benefit of that? Are the springs that came with the TSX crap? I think they provide a nice sporty ride. I guess I'm just wondering why pay to have the springs changed at all?
I'm no expert on springs but the general reason for getting springs is to lower the ride to improve looks and to make the ride even sportier, stiffer for even better overall handling.

fdl, that salt will eventually begin melting. I've always been told to wash the car at least once a week in the winter because of all the salt.
Old 03-05-2004, 04:45 PM
Kickstand

The only thing you have to be careful with is the fact that the high powered pressure washers will in time strip the wax from your car. Make sure you always keep the stream a good bit away from the car so you dont strip streaks off.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:31 AM
LOUD NOISES!!

Also power washers can put a dull haze in the paint that will take long hours of compounding and buffing to repair!
Old 03-09-2004, 11:25 AM
Pro

Zaino.. Dennis
Contact Info: Dennis Fraser
E-Mail: Zainoguy@durham.net
really nice guy and he sells Zaino in GTA, drop him a line and he will be able to help you!!:P
Old 03-10-2004, 12:24 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by domn
You got yours from there? Do you know how much they sell it for?

I tried looking on the square one site (it's a little far to go there for no reason); the only obvious possibility I see is called "Car Buffs"... did the barbershop change its name?
Old 06-05-2004, 03:41 PM
Advanced

Yes it is called car buffs