I got keyed and i'm pissed

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2001 | 03:59 AM
4th Gear

I got keyed and i'm pissed

I got keyed on my passenger side and it's not very deep at all, but i still am going to fix it. Is there away to fix it without actually to someone to fix it?
Old 07-30-2001 | 04:01 AM
4th Gear

Another thing: I have a little ding in my hood and the mechanic said he'd have to replace the whole hood, i want to know if there's an easier less expensive way to fix it. thanks.
Old 07-30-2001 | 11:04 AM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Whoa you live in medford i used to live there up until like a year and a half ago. Anyway im not sure about the key marks but the i had my hood replaced because of some dings. I would think that one ding could be taken out.
Old 07-30-2001 | 11:49 PM
Suzuka Master

You might want to check with some of the dentless repair places and local body shops. Dings can be repaired rather easily without a full-blown body repair (and the job will look great if the paint has not been molested).

If the paint is badly scratched, you may need a real body shop fix.

Try asking around and verify just what is damaged: Clear coat (yes/no)? Underlying paint (yes/no)? Primer (yes/no)? Metal...

It is hard to keep up with all of the new repair techniques that people keep coming up with. However, I only have experience with dings being repaired properly (with no paint damage or with damage that a good polish would remove).

Good luck...
Old 08-01-2001 | 07:12 PM
Racer

mmm...I got keyed on my drivers side door a few weeks ago. My car seems to be a frequent target(ive been keyed 6 right after I waxed the car/spoiler stolen/emblems stolen with keying to removing emblems etc.) especially when I keep it clean and shiny. it seems to have gotten down to the metal I think...hows the acura factory touch up paint for this??

DAN
98 acura 2.3CL
primost mist metallic
Old 08-03-2001 | 08:22 PM
5th Gear

Dropped by my local Benz dealer on my way home, they had a silver CLK with aforementioned AMG package sitting on the show room floor, it certainly looks enticing, even though it wasn’t what I originally had in mind… The dealer is willing to offer 10K trading value on my old CL, is this is good deal?
Old 08-16-2001 | 04:59 AM
LAZY MAN

i would say depending on the ding high quality shops will replace the whole hood. If I were you I would wait until the hood gets screwed up then fix it.

As an example my wifes brother in laws friend. Hit his 96 Civic when it was 8 months old. He brings it to my shop and I give him the extimate. He asks me some questions and he said why cant you bend the hood back. i reply I could very well do that but it is a major safety hazard. he says well ill see what other body shops tell me. then I said I wouldnt have the cheap job done! Well 2 weeks later he found somebody to do the cheap azz job for him! Well 1 year later he gets in another wreck. Turns out he died from the accident. He hit the car at speed limit 65mph but since the fenders and hood had been bent back into shape by another body repair man. the hood flew through the window and hit him in the head, no surprise it killed him. When I took a look at the car you should of seen it the fenders were totally snapped in half the engine was nocked side-ways in the engine bay and of course like I said the hood went flying into the cockpit. I know this guy only has a little ding in the hood, but cheap is never better.
Old 08-16-2001 | 01:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Hey Blandman, I live right around the corner from you.

Check out the paintless dent wizard shop on Springdale Rd in Cherry Hill. Come down Route 70 West, make a right onto Springdale.

It's about a 1/2 mile up on the left. There's a whole series of one story buildings. It's the last one on the left.
Old 08-16-2001 | 04:30 PM
Pro

Yup got my car keyed on the passenger side a few eeks ago late night at a pool hall where a lotta ricers hang out..
Old 08-16-2001 | 07:12 PM
LAZY MAN

Why is it that nobody reads my posts?
Old 08-16-2001 | 10:08 PM
Buckle Up

Damn man that sucks. You can try Acura Touch Up paint. Its nothing great but its a cheap try. What color is your car? On silver i know it doesnt come out well if its a huge mark.
Old 08-17-2001 | 05:36 PM
Cruisin'

It really depends on how deep the scratch is. If the scratch goes all the way down to the primer or metal level, then you will have to hit a body shop for it.

If not, you can treat it like a paint chip and touch it up using touch up paint, 1500-2000 grit sandpaper, and a good polish like 3M's Finesse It. Just find some smaller brushes than the ones in the touch-up paint bottle and you will be fine.

I would check out www.autopia-carcare.com to get the details on how to take out the chips.
Old 08-22-2001 | 05:28 PM
10th Gear

I feel for you guys. My car has been vandalized so many times it seems absolutely useless to care. The second day out of the body shop and someone keys the whole passenger side and puts a dent on the same side. I don't even care anymore. I've spent more than enough money fixing this shit! But just in case, do I really have to paint if the mark is just in the clear coat?
Old 09-03-2001 | 01:34 AM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Originally posted by Slanteye2:
<STRONG>I feel for you guys. My car has been vandalized so many times it seems absolutely useless to care. The second day out of the body shop and someone keys the whole passenger side and puts a dent on the same side. I don't even care anymore. I've spent more than enough money fixing this shit! But just in case, do I really have to paint if the mark is just in the clear coat?</STRONG>

Damn time for you to move