how do I care for my 06 alabaster silver?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 09:58 AM
2006 ASM tsx

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
how do I care for my 06 alabaster silver?

should I wax it? and if so what's good for asm? or what do I do to clean it and make it loook good? I though wax is bad if its new - 06
Old 01-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes indeed, you should put on a coat of wax to protect the paint from the environment. I posted this in another thread ......
Originally Posted by Hawhyen51
The basic detailing process consists of
1. Wash - removes road film, dirt, debris and contamination from the vehicle's surface. Refer to this thread.
2. Clay - removes imbedded particulates (brake dust, rail dust, industrial fallout) from the painted surface. Highly recommended if not been done before. See this thread on claying.
3. Polish - removes/corrects minor surface defects such as swirls, scratches and oxidation while providing reflectivity and gloss to the painted surface. Refer to Autopia's "How To Polish Paint" article.
4. Seal - protects what you just previously accomplished namely the painted surface of your vehicle. You can use a natural (Carnuba) or synthetic wax (most polymers provide durability and longevity). "How To Wax Your Car" .....

There are a number of online sites that provide info regarding detailing like Autopia, Autogeek and Paint Care-n-Detailing. The forum also has several individuals who are very knowledgeable and have a great deal of experience about detailing. Hopefully this will give you a start....
There are numerous products on the market and basically it comes down to personal preference. I've taken a liking to the Duragloss product line; easy to use and inexpensive. Especially the AW, 111 & 105.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:09 AM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Light coloured paint - (i.e. Silver, White, etc (the exception is Yellow) will never obtain the so called ‘wet-look’ of black or dark colours. There is no depth and a light colour tends to refract light instead of reflecting it. You can obtain a good gloss provided the paint is good quality and if it’s detailed correctly (washed, cleaned (detailers clay) polished and a polymer sealant and / or a Carnauba wax applied. Zaino Klasse SG and Jeffswerkstatt - Acrylic Jett a pure acrylic based sealant will provide a flat silvery-white reflection, good reflective properties but without ‘depth’. By adding Pinnacle Souverän Paste Carnauba as a last step product (LSP) the oils that are formulated in the Carnauba waxes provide gloss, which causes jetting (a ‘wetting’ of the surface) For optimal results the surface of a light coloured paint to show gloss is very much dependant upon good / excellent paint condition, adequately prepped to remove contaminants and minor imperfections

[each one / teach one, then student /becomes teacher]
Old 01-05-2007, 04:01 AM
2006 ASM tsx

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TOGWT
Light coloured paint - (i.e. Silver, White, etc (the exception is Yellow) will never obtain the so called ‘wet-look’ of black or dark colours. There is no depth and a light colour tends to refract light instead of reflecting it. You can obtain a good gloss provided the paint is good quality and if it’s detailed correctly (washed, cleaned (detailers clay) polished and a polymer sealant and / or a Carnauba wax applied. Zaino Klasse SG and Jeffswerkstatt - Acrylic Jett a pure acrylic based sealant will provide a flat silvery-white reflection, good reflective properties but without ‘depth’. By adding Pinnacle Souverän Paste Carnauba as a last step product (LSP) the oils that are formulated in the Carnauba waxes provide gloss, which causes jetting (a ‘wetting’ of the surface) For optimal results the surface of a light coloured paint to show gloss is very much dependant upon good / excellent paint condition, adequately prepped to remove contaminants and minor imperfections

[each one / teach one, then student /becomes teacher]

uhh so in english.. what do i do ? [please excuse my noobness]
Old 01-05-2007, 04:05 AM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by vthree
uhh so in english.. what do i do ? [please excuse my noobness]
That's as 'English' as I can be

Originally Posted by Hawhyen51

["what do i do ?" The basic detailing process consists of
1. Wash - removes road film, dirt, debris and contamination from the vehicle's surface. Refer to this thread.
2. Clay - removes imbedded particulates (brake dust, rail dust, industrial fallout) from the painted surface. Highly recommended if not been done before. See this thread on claying.
3. Polish - removes/corrects minor surface defects such as swirls, scratches and oxidation while providing reflectivity and gloss to the painted surface. Refer to Autopia's "How To Polish Paint" article.
4. Seal - protects what you just previously accomplished namely the painted surface of your vehicle. You can use a natural (Carnuba) or synthetic wax (most polymers provide durability and longevity). "How To Wax Your Car" .....

There are a number of online sites that provide info regarding detailing like Autopia, Autogeek and Paint Care-n-Detailing. The forum also has several individuals who are very knowledgeable and have a great deal of experience about detailing. Hopefully this will give you a start....
Old 01-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have the same color! can someone please point me directly to not so expensive but not the cheapest kind either products that i can buy online?
Old 01-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
For your new car needs......Might I direct you to Duragloss 105, and Duragloss 951.
Dont forget wash shampoo, sheepskin wash mits, waffle weaves for drying and microfibers to assist in product removal, sponge applicators for applications. This is about as affordable as it gets, with quality way above what it costs.
Be serious about your car care, youve paid a handsome price for it.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:22 PM
5o9
'05 TSX 6MT

I have a silver tsx and have had great results with 4 star paint cleaner, followed by 2 coats of 4 star UPP. This gives great shine.

Maintenance consists of Optimum Car Wash and ClearKote Quik Shine. The Quik Shine adds some depth and slickness. The UPP slickness goes away fast, but the sealent is still there.

Will switch the wash to Optimum No Rinse.

If I were doing it all over again, would go to the Klasse twins. The AIO can be put on anything, and is simple, eliminating the need for research or other products.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 5o9
I have a silver tsx and have had great results with 4 star paint cleaner, followed by 2 coats of 4 star UPP. This gives great shine.

Maintenance consists of Optimum Car Wash and ClearKote Quik Shine. The Quik Shine adds some depth and slickness. The UPP slickness goes away fast, but the sealent is still there.

Will switch the wash to Optimum No Rinse.

If I were doing it all over again, would go to the Klasse twins. The AIO can be put on anything, and is simple, eliminating the need for research or other products.
Thats even better yet. I was looking for some OTC stuff. As fo Klasse, I just didnt "get it." I used the AIO, I didnt think it was anything special, and the smell was annoying. The SG? Forget it. Too much effort, which yeilded too little satisfaction. But most of you live in a more inclimate environment then me. And SG may be worth the effort. It just didnt provide any depth for me.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:39 AM
5o9
'05 TSX 6MT

The word "effort" is ominous, to those of us without a PC. Guess I got the easy method, the clay and the paint cleanser and the UPP are really no more difficult than a quick detailer.

Once I get that no rise wash and the no dry qd, car will pretty much clean itself

How does UPP play on top of AIO?