Few Optimum questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Few Optimum questions

What is the big difference between Optimum Tire shine, and Opti-Bond??

I thought I read somewhere that Poli-seal can be applied over wax. What are the real applications of this product...on a cut level where does it fall??

Thanks guys,

Matt
Old 06-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mrclrider
What is the big difference between Optimum Tire shine, and Opti-Bond??

I thought I read somewhere that Poli-seal can be applied over wax. What are the real applications of this product...on a cut level where does it fall??

Thanks guys,

Matt
I think the OB last substantially longer. Much thicker viscosity also allows for taming it with water to desired appearance. Can either be sprayed (full strength with air supply) or with a hand sprayer when diluted. (I actually prefer it full strength, and hand applied.)
Opt Tire Shine, although a very good tire dressing/protectant, is not OptiBond. TS is....what it is. A quick spray all around will last a couple good weeks on a well prepared surface, and it will certainly enhance the appearance.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by exceldetail
I think the OB last substantially longer. Much thicker viscosity also allows for taming it with water to desired appearance. Can either be sprayed (full strength with air supply) or with a hand sprayer when diluted. (I actually prefer it full strength, and hand applied.)
Opt Tire Shine, although a very good tire dressing/protectant, is not OptiBond. TS is....what it is. A quick spray all around will last a couple good weeks on a well prepared surface, and it will certainly enhance the appearance.
so the tire shine, also being water based, can not be diluted down at all? Is it alot more shine than new looking as in the OB. I love the look of OB, but seen the tire shine the other day and had no idea it exsist.

Any thoughts on the Poli-Seal question.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Former Sponsor

so the tire shine, also being water based, can not be diluted down at all? Is it alot more shine than new looking as in the OB. I love the look of OB, but seen the tire shine the other day and had no idea it exsist.

Any thoughts on the Poli-Seal question.
Sure it can, but Im not sure why you would want to "undress" it. It leaves a real semi gloss appearance to begin with. Sort of middle of the road.

Poliseal is a very light polish/protectant. Dale likes it as a post polish, prebase sealant. He loves the stuff!
Its a true light cleaner-protectant. Not a true chemical cleaner, but just like a maintenance polish, quick protectant. Could also include in the last of a 3 step polish technique, thats how light the abrasives are.
Imagine Optimum Finish Polish and Optimum Spray Wax, all in one!
Old 06-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Racer

HMM..interesting..I have no idea why I read that you could apply Poli-Seal over waxes for added duribility..weird..
Old 06-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Former Sponsor

HMM..interesting..I have no idea why I read that you could apply Poli-Seal over waxes for added duribility..weird..
I *guess you could? Im not sure why though. I would just assume using OSW instead though. OSW is a hybrid, and has better durability the PS.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:26 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,409 Likes on 3,021 Posts
Originally Posted by exceldetail
Poliseal is a very light polish/protectant. Dale likes it as a post polish, prebase sealant. He loves the stuff!
Its a true light cleaner-protectant. Not a true chemical cleaner, but just like a maintenance polish, quick protectant. Could also include in the last of a 3 step polish technique, thats how light the abrasives are.
Imagine Optimum Finish Polish and Optimum Spray Wax, all in one!
so would you use ps after the Polish, before applying an lsp?
Old 06-04-2009, 06:20 AM
2012 SH-AWD / Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
so would you use ps after the Polish, before applying an lsp?
Yes, you would.

I too really like Poliseal and it's a bummer that I don't have more opportunities to use it.

I have found some soft paints with very light defects that I've been able to use PS as a one-step with light defect-removal capability.

It's a great follow up to OPII, or other light/medium polishes.

It was the first polish that my TL-S ever saw, and it's what I use exclusively on the family minivan (Odyssey).

You can use it by itself, you can top it with Opti-seal, you can top it with OSW, you can top it with Opti-seal AND OSW. It's all good!

If you want to save time, apply the Poliseal, and when it's time to wipe off the (little) residue, first spray some OSW on the surface and wipe down. Now you're killing two birds with one stone and saving time.

It also gets a big for slickness too.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:19 AM
Racer

are you actually getting enough OSW onto the surface when spraying it on the PS?? I understand it takes like a nano layer of protection to make anything worth while. I have read that almost nothing is left from the PS once it is worked, is that why it is a great candidate to use the OSW when wiping it off..thanks Todd!!