dwg/upp...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 03:12 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dwg/upp...

Well i finally got off my back side and did my car up with the dwg and followed it with upp....i will get some pics up asap....

I know most like to wait a period of time before topping, but with the wet glaze, i put it on, took it off, then went right to the upp....doesnt seem like i had any bonding issues, but what the heck do i know...

patrick, does the dwg require any time before topping, i know the upp says 24 hrs before adding layers, but the dwg didnt specify....
Old 06-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Advanced

here we go, some of these pics look exactly like the ones i took last time i detailed, but i promise these are new pics taken a few minutes ago with the dwg/upp on....

Old 06-23-2008, 03:45 PM
Advanced

oh yea, and my new tire dressing....i got sick of always haveing to drag out this old nast sponge and spray the stuff onto it and then wipe it onto the tire, so i gave the armorall extreme tire shine gel a shot due to the applicator

this stuff is a major thumbs up...i am sold...it lasts a very long time, maybe too long as i tried to wash the car after a few days, it made a mess out of my wheel bucket and then when i dried the car the tires still looked dressed so i didnt even have to dress them again...its good stuff....
Old 06-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

patrick, does the dwg require any time before topping, i know the upp says 24 hrs before adding layers, but the dwg didnt specify....

It claims you dont need to wait, but I ALWAYS do......
Old 06-23-2008, 05:46 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by exceldetail
It claims you dont need to wait, but I ALWAYS do......
well, maybe next time i will, but for this time i did a quick detail as my car didnt really need that much attention and i just wanted to get this stuff onto my car....i used my udm with black pad put it on setting 1-2 and went to town just making a quick pass with both products with seperate pads ofcourse....

it did come out slicker than snot!!

you didnt comment on the pics patrick....

v
Old 06-23-2008, 05:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by racerxx
well, maybe next time i will, but for this time i did a quick detail as my car didnt really need that much attention and i just wanted to get this stuff onto my car....i used my udm with black pad put it on setting 1-2 and went to town just making a quick pass with both products with seperate pads ofcourse....

it did come out slicker than snot!!

you didnt comment on the pics patrick....

v
Thats because I dont have anything to say..........
Im speechless...
Seriously, its a very breathtaking color when its done right, and you did 'er right!
Theres some incredible depth with that paint.........
Old 06-23-2008, 08:09 PM
Advanced

btw, the free sample size of dwg was enough to do the car one time with a little left over that i dumped into the bottle that i purchased from excel....
Old 06-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice very nice, now I just need to get my DWG and another coat of UPP on mine
Old 06-24-2008, 08:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 86 Posts
Sorry to hijack this thread but heres another UPP/DWG combo, I didn't want to start up a new one with the same title. I applied UPP last week and topped it with DWG yesterday after an ONR wash. I'm also using the same Armor All tire gel but would like to use something similar but water based. Any suggestions? BTW, the tire gel was applied last week and has been through 1 thunderstorm. Wheels/tires haven't been cleaned in the pics since I wanted to get the DWG done before the mosquitoes came out

Should've moved the wash bucket out of this pic:

Tried to get the sewer cover reflection in this one:

Oh no, theres a giant scratch on my hood.........or just an airplane contrail

Last edited by thunderbt3; 06-24-2008 at 08:43 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:52 AM
Advanced

looks great...i am starting to dig the new tsx....did you clay the car before you did the upp or machine polish?? car looks great, good reflections and depth...i think i will top the upp next wash with the dwg so that will add up to dwg..upp..dwg.....we will see what happens....
Old 06-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Burning Brakes

I did no prep before applying anything. I bought the car about a month ago. The only thing I did was cheapo blue coral wash for its first wash and then ONR for the second wash when I received my order from Excel. The second wash was when I applied the UPP. I'll clay for the winter prep detail, kinda nervous about doing a machine polish. I did notice a few chips in the hood and one on the bumper.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:17 AM
Burning Brakes

I've always been a fan of the 3G TL and TL-S. After my accident with a school bus (thier fault, RIP 02 Accord SE), I was shopping and test driving the 08 TL, 08 TSX, and 09 TSX. If money wasn't a concern, I definatly would've jumped on a TL-S but I'm still very happy with the 09 TSX. I've been thinking about putting on the TL-S wheels along with light tints as my first mod.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:39 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by racerxx
looks great...i am starting to dig the new tsx....did you clay the car before you did the upp or machine polish?? car looks great, good reflections and depth...i think i will top the upp next wash with the dwg so that will add up to dwg..upp..dwg.....we will see what happens....
I think I'll plan on using UPP maybe 3 or 4 times a year and DWG about once a month. I also have the FS UPP spray that I can use after washing my car for a quick detail. From my understanding, the protection of UPP will still be there but I'll be using the DWG as the gloss booster between applications of UPP. The protection of UPP is very good while the DWG really adds that little extra to the finish according to the things I have read on here.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:16 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by thunderbt3
I did no prep before applying anything. I bought the car about a month ago. The only thing I did was cheapo blue coral wash for its first wash and then ONR for the second wash when I received my order from Excel. The second wash was when I applied the UPP. I'll clay for the winter prep detail, kinda nervous about doing a machine polish. I did notice a few chips in the hood and one on the bumper.
dont be nervous about using a machine as long as you using pc or udm you cant really mess anything up...i just got my udm about 6 months ago and i feel like a pro....i use it for everything now, i used it for upp/dwg and anything else i have applied to my paint....its just easier and faster with the machine....not to mention if in do need to polish or paint correction i can do it easily with my machine.....
Old 09-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
don't want to hijack but...

i'm a little confussed -

UPP then DWG ?
or
DWG then UPP ?

or doesn't matter, and if it doesn't matter can you go back and forth over time without problems?
Old 09-21-2008, 02:37 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by New Car TL-S
i'm a little confussed -

UPP then DWG ?
or
DWG then UPP ?

or doesn't matter, and if it doesn't matter can you go back and forth over time without problems?
It does not matter. However, I would wait about 24 hours before applying anything on top of the UPP.