Cali Waterblade

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2001, 06:12 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cali Waterblade

Just wanted to know if anyone owns a California waterblade? Does it get a lot of water off your car? Has it ever scratched your paint? Would you recommend that I buy one or should I just stick with the good ole fashioned cotton towel?
Old 04-10-2001, 06:27 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by foxhunt:
Just wanted to know if anyone owns a California waterblade? Does it get a lot of water off your car? Has it ever scratched your paint? Would you recommend that I buy one or should I just stick with the good ole fashioned cotton towel?</font>
I have a Sliver CL-S and have used a lot of different "items" to dry my car.

I use the Cal. Waterblade (make sure it is very clean and I soften it with some warm water. Also, I clean it after every use with the very mild Zaino car wash -- any good "real" car wash will do. I then rinse it in distilled water (they don't say to do this -- I just don't want any calcified deposits building up on the blade. I don't want any scratches.

1. Yes, I own two of them (see above).
2. Yes, it gets a ton of water off the car.
3. It has never scratched my paint.
4. I recommend it - yes, yes, yes!

I also have the P-21 super absorber towel. I really like this product too. The blade gets about 95% of the water of the car. I use the P-21 super absorber towel to get to the places were the blade can't get to.

Between the blade and a good "towel"/absorber/(take your pick) you will get the car dry so fast (in the shade) that you will have no water spots -- you can get rid of the water before it has a chance to dry and leave spots.

I love the blade, bought it after having a detailer who does celebrity and show cars recommend it (along with other members of this forum).

So, I like it, and would never go back to towels or whatever.

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-93W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (48lbs less than stock)
  • Kevlar/SS Brake lines ordered
  • Comptech headers & sways ordered
  • Silver AEM CAI ready
  • 6 coats of Zaino magic
Old 04-10-2001, 06:36 AM
4th Gear

Cool beans! Thanks for the info. I'll most likely buy one.
Old 04-13-2001, 01:05 AM
Racer

I have one to and i love it just as much as eric does.. it can cut drying times in half.

------------------
------------------
2001 Silver 3.2 CL-P
Tints, piaa road lamps, hyper white all around, custom eyebrows, tl-s cup holders, Acura-CL.com stickers