Black 04 TL Buffing/Contamination Problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2019, 10:07 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Black 04 TL Buffing/Contamination Problems

Howsit Every1!

So I’ve washed and Clayed my car twice, but I’m still getting A bunch of dark colored contaminants onto my buffing pads. I’ve tried using rubbing compound or polish first. But still no luck, after the very first small section the pads still have this film of contamination’s and I’m stumped as to what this is and where exactly it’s coming from.

I’ve even washed and clayed specific areas, that way I could make sure that area had its taste of some clay and felt silky smooth before buffing. All pads are new pads that where just opened from it’s packaging. I’ve also tried using just soapy water to use as clay/surface lubricant instead of the Mother’s Auto Detailet I usually use. Oh, and the brands of polish and compound I’ve used where Meguiars and Mothers.

Any of you have any suggestions on this acid etching from Bird Shit the Owner left on for way to long? There’s quite A few spots like this with some being a lot worse then this is to?!

Ahhh Crap I’ll Take another picture of the Pads when I get home from work in A few hours. Can’t find the pictures after I typed this out haha!
Old 11-04-2019, 11:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,424 Posts
looks like paint failure in the first picture with the bird poop....
Old 11-06-2019, 07:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 194 Likes on 158 Posts
for the etching you can try an iron deposit remover.
I used that stuff even b4 claybarring as it does most of the work before you get out the clay.
If after using a iron remover, and a complete compound or aggressive compound, those stains are still not coming out......then you have to wet sand.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:38 AM
Intermediate

The pad had A little time to dry out A little bit. But you can clearly still see all the nasty brown crap/contamination’s that collected onto the pad from the specific area that I washed multiple times and even clayed multiple times until I was completely sure that it was clean and until it felt silky smooth to the back of my hand and the clay bar!!

I just don’t understand where all this crap is coming from. Sometimes it causes A bunch of bad but still super fine swirl marks from buffing/polishing.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:41 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MyGuti
for the etching you can try an iron deposit remover.
I used that stuff even b4 claybarring as it does most of the work before you get out the clay.
If after using a iron remover, and a complete compound or aggressive compound, those stains are still not coming out......then you have to wet sand.
Many recommendations on A certain product? Haven’t used an iron deposit remover before. Also, your certain I still have some clear coat to work with on the etching? I always thought those white marks that would even get polish/wax to collect into when going over, was always showing/telling me it’s gone deeper then the clear and paint and what I was actually seeing was primer or somethin like that haha!

Im super glad if I still have room to wet sand!
Old 11-07-2019, 01:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 194 Likes on 158 Posts
I used a Magma product, pretty sure its available online if its not in your local stores
I'm definitely not certain you have enough clear coat to work with, you should do your due diligence and check the level of paint
Old 11-07-2019, 01:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,424 Posts
Originally Posted by Danky808
Many recommendations on A certain product? Haven’t used an iron deposit remover before. Also, your certain I still have some clear coat to work with on the etching? I always thought those white marks that would even get polish/wax to collect into when going over, was always showing/telling me it’s gone deeper then the clear and paint and what I was actually seeing was primer or somethin like that haha!

Im super glad if I still have room to wet sand!
Iron X works great!
Old 11-07-2019, 01:56 PM
Intermediate

Oh I’ve definitely seen Iron X at my local Auto Parts Store!

So so I actually bought A Paint/Clear Reader, but it was only about 75$. So not the cheapest, but also no where near the good ones that cost thousands..

pretty sure it it isn’t accurate lol, anyone have any ways to do A field test without having access to A good tester?