Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

Wannabe Sidekick

Old 12-05-2005 | 07:56 AM
Racer

Wannabe Sidekick

Do any of you here have the new LG "wannabe sidekick" for Verizon? It looks like a good phone but I just want someones opinion if thye have it... my phone got stolen this weekend and I need to replace it!
Old 12-06-2005 | 12:21 AM
Drifting

LG 9100 perhaps? LG = avoid
Old 12-06-2005 | 09:32 AM
Suzuka Master

LG VX9800

Originally Posted by mobilezen

Why?
Old 12-06-2005 | 10:12 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

LG = korean crap.... Would you buy a kia?
Old 12-06-2005 | 10:16 AM
Racer

lol no because Kia is named after a black girl lol jk, but its the LG V9800 its hot I want it soooo bad
Old 12-06-2005 | 10:21 AM
on to the next one...

I've always liked my LG phones. Any particular reasons one should avoid them?? I ask because I'm looking at getting another.

Thanks
Old 12-06-2005 | 10:22 AM
on to the next one...

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=vx9800
Old 12-06-2005 | 11:01 AM
Drifting

LG is from korea but that's not what makes them crap. They just use cheap parts, make a cheap phone, trying to turn a quick buck for the fools that want to buy them. easy.
Old 12-06-2005 | 11:27 AM
on to the next one...

LG is from korea but that's not what makes them crap. They just use cheap parts, make a cheap phone, trying to turn a quick buck for the fools that want to buy them. easy.

Really? I've had mine for two years and the thing seems bullet-proof, I'm exceptionally hard on my phones. It seems to be holding up better than any Moto or Samsung phones I have owned. Nokia always seemed to hold up well for me to.
Any SPECIFIC problems with LG phones, or just general poor quality?

thanks again.
Old 12-07-2005 | 10:38 AM
We dont love these hoes

Ive bought 3 different lg phones and theyve all been awesome, i havent broken any of them, and ive had motorolas that pretty much just fell apart in my pocket!
Old 12-13-2005 | 09:04 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
LG = korean crap.... Would you buy a kia?
That's not cool to say some stupid shit like that, period.
Then, how come Korean crap Samsung has become a way bigger/better company than Sony?? You should think before saying something totally idiotic.
Old 12-13-2005 | 09:27 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ball4lyfe
That's not cool to say some stupid shit like that, period.
Then, how come Korean crap Samsung has become a way bigger/better company than Sony?? You should think before saying something totally idiotic.
What part of Samsung is better than Sony? Samsung's TVs are still junk compared to Sony's TVs. As for LG, specifically they have had batteryand software problems in the past that I hate dealing with. When clients say they are looking at an LG, I tell them "you get what you pay for." I wish I could say something positive about LG but there isn't anything. They make ok CDMA phones but their GSM phones are junk. Now they are about to introduce a couple 3G UMTS phones in the U.S. I'm not holding my breath for anything but we shall see how they perform.
Old 12-14-2005 | 07:20 AM
on to the next one...

What part of Samsung is better than Sony? Samsung's TVs are still junk compared to Sony's TVs. As for LG, specifically they have had batteryand software problems in the past that I hate dealing with. When clients say they are looking at an LG, I tell them "you get what you pay for." I wish I could say something positive about LG but there isn't anything. They make ok CDMA phones but their GSM phones are junk. Now they are about to introduce a couple 3G UMTS phones in the U.S. I'm not holding my breath for anything but we shall see how they perform.
All my LG's have been CDMA, thanks for the info.
Old 12-14-2005 | 03:33 PM
All your base belong to

I got the LG VX9800 and I love it. The size takes some getting use to, but that is the lease of my worries.
Old 12-14-2005 | 09:49 PM
Instructor

I wasn't really making comparisons between Samsung and Sony speicifically, but using those two companies as examples since the guy made a dumb comment like "Korean crap." What part of Samsung is better than Sony? Samsung makes better LCD/Plasma TVs and their technology is more advanced than Sony's. Ofcourse Sony still holds a better name value only because it's been out on the market for much longer than Samsung but things are changing and you'll see how the market changes in the next couple of years. Sorry for that you only see mid-range Samsung products in North American market. It's only because not too many people in North America are after high-tech. As for cell phones, I haven't had much luck with LG over here, too. Supposedly, LG isn't even one of the better cell phone makers in Korea and the phones we have here are like POS compared to what they make for an Asian market. Hopefully they'll bring some of their better phones over here in the near future.
Old 07-11-2006 | 01:11 AM
Banned

dont hate koreans man, and yea alot of people buy kias and hyundais- 100k warranty biatch!!
Old 07-11-2006 | 11:06 AM
Racer

almost on everything except cameras and lcds(only that were made recently).
Old 07-22-2006 | 12:38 PM
Suzuka Master

My LG phone is virtually indestructable. I have dropped it in the toilet twice in the past year...let it dry in the sun for a day and it keeps on ticking.

I drop it daily...sometimes throw it around just because it doesn't break. I don't think it seems cheap at all...