Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

Verizon Phones!!

Old 02-18-2004 | 08:10 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

Verizon Phones!!

I think i am coming to the darkside.....
but, when are the new phones for Verizon coming out?
I want the Motorola V710,
and the slider looks kinda cool. I need to know!!
Old 02-18-2004 | 08:56 PM
Race Director

No one here can tell you definitively. Only someone like Fotis would know and he wouldn't be allow to say. The best anyone can do is speculate.

I suggest you purchase one of the phone that you like right now that are already out, that will make the wait a little easier.

I don't know about Verizon but at Sprint, I try to get phones out and to the market as fast as I possibly can. The biggest thing slowing me down is the length of time that it takes to thoroughly test them and make sure they are the best they can be. One critical mistake and it takes a ton of time just to support and correct and all.

In fact I am going to "inspect" our goods coming from Malasyia, I flying out tomorrow. After I pass them, another new phone from Sprint hits the market. Then on to the next one. I really wouldn't want to let customers know "what's coming" because most of what's coming is really really awesome and no one can make promises and it's really not cool to keep customers waiting too too long. That's why you NEVER see anything about the future Sanyo phones.
Old 02-18-2004 | 09:09 PM
Sweet as Gold

shit kensteele...does this mean I should'ove waited and not get the VM4500 or will these new cell phones be out in a while
Old 02-18-2004 | 09:22 PM
Movin on up...

loseit, v710 is a nasty phone my buddy has it...still in it's testing phase it should be out in the next quarter or so that is if like ken says it passes and verizon is a dick about passing a phone especially after what moto pulled with the t720's...
Old 02-19-2004 | 08:07 AM
Race Director

Originally posted by Ant7701
shit kensteele...does this mean I should'ove waited and not get the VM4500 or will these new cell phones be out in a while
No you'll be fine if you only buy one phone per calendar year and you don't have to have the lastest and greatest technology the very same day it comes out.

But I'll be honest with you. Most phones only last a short while, sometimes less than 6 months. The VM4500 is a bit of an exception. The VM4500 is a great phone, probably the best on the market right now....but that will end this summer....for sure. As of now, I don't even carry it anymore.

You might be seriously looking again next Christmas when the best will be on deal by then.
Old 02-19-2004 | 09:45 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

ken, your job is the equivilent of being that guy that makes sure the girls nipples are hard. What a cool job.
Mikey, give me some suggestions. I need to do this soon. I can't stand my service anymore.
Old 02-19-2004 | 06:31 PM
Movin on up...

Originally posted by Loseit
ken, your job is the equivilent of being that guy that makes sure the girls nipples are hard. What a cool job.
Mikey, give me some suggestions. I need to do this soon. I can't stand my service anymore.
i still recommend, the a530 or 6k for a phone right now..still no complaints, reliable and user friendly..
Old 02-19-2004 | 06:36 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

what about the Audiovox 8900 or the samsung a610?
Old 02-22-2004 | 07:58 PM
Drifting

Hey Mikey or Ken, I have a quick question:

I need a new phone from Verizon, and I went into the store today and they told me I wasn't eligible to upgrade until August. So if I wanted a phone I would have to pay full retail. Ridiculous prices ($360 for the LG VX6000 etc...)

So I'm thinking of buying from somewhere else, either Ebay or another cellular store, something I've never done before. Usually I like to go to the official Verizon stores.

Anyway, heres the question. Will I have any problems if I do this? Will everything be the same as if I bought directly from them? (The reception quality, customer service, etc...) Also, do they charge for activation? And where do you guys suggest I buy from. I'd prefer to buy from them to save any potential problems, but I can't wait till August.
Old 02-22-2004 | 08:56 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by GOOSE

I need a new phone from Verizon, and I went into the store today and they told me I wasn't eligible to upgrade until August. So if I wanted a phone I would have to pay full retail. Ridiculous prices ($360 for the LG VX6000 etc...)

So I'm thinking of buying from somewhere else, either Ebay or another cellular store, something I've never done before. Usually I like to go to the official Verizon stores.

Anyway, heres the question. Will I have any problems if I do this? Will everything be the same as if I bought directly from them? (The reception quality, customer service, etc...) Also, do they charge for activation? And where do you guys suggest I buy from. I'd prefer to buy from them to save any potential problems, but I can't wait till August.
All Verizon phones are Verizon phones not matter who you get them from, Verizon store, Best Buy, ebay, convenient store. Doesn't matter.
Old 02-23-2004 | 12:18 PM
Team Owner

I'm in the same position, goose, but you having to wait until August is BS. I literally (5 minutes ago) walked over to the verizon store and they told me my contract wasn't up until November. I said I wanted a new phone b/c my T720 was garbage and they immediately offered me the cheaper contract prices, I just need to sign a new 2 year contract. Not a huge deal. Just make sure you talk to a supervisor or something.

I was going to ask similar questions here about where to buy but it looks like you already have so I'll wait patiently. Anybody know anything about the Samsung SCH-a530s?
Old 02-23-2004 | 02:51 PM

I work in the ohio/pennsylvania region and here you can upgrade after a year to a camera or data phone with prom pricing as long as you are on or migrate to a $49.99 price plan or higher and get pix and text messaging. This works in my region but it will vary depending on where you are at.
Old 02-23-2004 | 02:53 PM

I was going to ask similar questions here about where to buy but it looks like you already have so I'll wait patiently. Anybody know anything about the Samsung SCH-a530s? [/B][/QUOTE]

I have the 530 and have had no problems with it at all. so far it has been an awsome phone. i like the fact it has a color screen on the inside and outside and it is small as hell.
Old 02-23-2004 | 03:19 PM
Movin on up...

Originally posted by Berner
I work in the ohio/pennsylvania region and here you can upgrade after a year to a camera or data phone with prom pricing as long as you are on or migrate to a $49.99 price plan or higher and get pix and text messaging. This works in my region but it will vary depending on where you are at.

THis is called an early upgrade..
Old 02-23-2004 | 03:20 PM
Movin on up...

I was going to ask similar questions here about where to buy but it looks like you already have so I'll wait patiently. Anybody know anything about the Samsung SCH-a530s?

I have the 530 and have had no problems with it at all. so far it has been an awsome phone. i like the fact it has a color screen on the inside and outside and it is small as hell. [/B][/QUOTE]

I have the cheapest prices in the NY metro area, but besides me outside the area it seems that circuit city is real cheap, and if you guys get a dumb sales guy you can con him into give you the same new price for an upgrade...
Old 02-23-2004 | 03:39 PM

Originally posted by mikeymobiles
THis is called an early upgrade..

really, cause i had no focking idea. but in his situation neither his phone or his price plan are up.
Old 02-23-2004 | 07:28 PM
Movin on up...

really, cause i had no focking idea. but in his situation neither his phone or his price plan are up.
You can do an early upgrade after your first year is complete and you agree to sign a new 2 year contract I charge a 2year upgrade price i dont know what verizon retail stores charge
Old 02-23-2004 | 11:54 PM

You can do an early upgrade after your first year is complete and you agree to sign a new 2 year contract I charge a 2year upgrade price i dont know what verizon retail stores charge

are you in telesales? in the retail channel the only way to upgrade after a year is if you get a camera or data phone, get data and be on a tier 3 or higher. and it kicks em out 2 more years with 2 year pricing.
Old 02-24-2004 | 12:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Mikey got OWN3D..!!
Old 02-24-2004 | 07:14 PM
Movin on up...

are you in telesales? in the retail channel the only way to upgrade after a year is if you get a camera or data phone, get data and be on a tier 3 or higher. and it kicks em out 2 more years with 2 year pricing.
Indirect retailer buddy...i can do anything i fuckin want,

lg6000 for 49 bucks......(this has been my price for months already, while verizon was at 129)
Old 02-24-2004 | 07:14 PM
Movin on up...

Originally posted by Jonesi
Mikey got OWN3D..!!

NOt exactly buddy..i have plenty of people on the board that buy phones from me, and have worked with me....so all my shit is legit..
Old 02-25-2004 | 07:20 AM
Senior Moderator

NOt exactly buddy..i have plenty of people on the board that buy phones from me, and have worked with me....so all my shit is legit..
You get a cookie...!
Old 03-03-2004 | 03:36 PM

jonesi, you and me are both mikeys buddy. :ultraghey:
Old 03-04-2004 | 10:48 AM

i just picked up a samsung i600. pretty good phone other than the battery life, doesnt even last a day. Very expensive too. good thing the company paid for it. lol.
Old 03-04-2004 | 10:49 AM

hey mike, do u sell accessories for the i600? I am looking to get a travel charger and car charger, maybe an extra standard battery too.
Old 03-04-2004 | 12:13 PM
'Cooter

Originally posted by Loseit
isn't Flushing grand???
Old 03-04-2004 | 04:47 PM
Movin on up...

Originally posted by Paul
hey mike, do u sell accessories for the i600? I am looking to get a travel charger and car charger, maybe an extra standard battery too.

Nothing in stock now on it, i am still working on my site so i apoligize for everyone who pm's me for stuff....i am a little backed up give me a little bit more time