Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

sprintpcs unlimited night mins......

Old 11-10-2003 | 03:20 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

sprintpcs unlimited night mins......

now start at 7pm..... WOOOOOOT!!!!
Old 11-10-2003 | 03:26 PM
Ricky: Drugs > Football

nice ... have they figured out why there profit margin isn't to great?
Old 11-10-2003 | 03:35 PM
-S namyaC-

Is this for just new plans or for all? My mom and sis still have Sprint. I was lucky enough to ditch mine last year
Old 11-10-2003 | 03:41 PM
Suzuka Master

my contract is up at the end of dec. i dunno if i should switch comp or call retention to get a better plan and maybe a free phone out of it.

but my service is just so so though

i dunno what to do, so so service w/ a good plan
or good service and pay more
Old 11-10-2003 | 03:41 PM
The Third Ball

you mean they finally wisened up and went back to the old times???

will have to check that out, sweet if it so.
Old 11-10-2003 | 03:47 PM
Not Registered

Sprint Special Offer

Use your minutes when you want to use them with unlimited Night & Weekend Minutes, now with Night Minutes starting at 7 pm. That's an extra two hours per week night, or at least 2400 more minutes each month!

These special offers end January 3, 2004, and are only available in Sprint Stores. Not available in all markets; call for pricing and availability. Requires activation and a two-year PCS Advantage Agreement on two new lines of service with preferred credit.
Old 11-10-2003 | 03:48 PM
Race Director

i have 3200 night and weekend minutes, does it count for me too? the waiting until 9pm shit sucks.
Old 11-10-2003 | 03:58 PM
Ricky: Drugs > Football

no i think its if you want a new plan, you have to sign a 2 year contract. I guess they were thinking a little.
Old 11-10-2003 | 04:04 PM
Moderator Alumnus

just in time to hold their customers by the balls before LNP hits. good thinking, honestly.
Old 11-10-2003 | 05:29 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by YuppieCL
just in time to hold their customers by the balls before LNP hits. good thinking, honestly.
Absolutely. And that's only the beginning.

Nobody really wants to switch unless they have to.
Old 11-10-2003 | 07:33 PM
The Third Ball

They just need to switch all non peak hours to start at 7pm, not just new customers, the way it used to be.
Old 11-10-2003 | 08:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by sarlacc23
They just need to switch all non peak hours to start at 7pm, not just new customers, the way it used to be.
and give us free inbound minute too!!!

sidemarker
Old 11-10-2003 | 08:28 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by sarlacc23
from the business standpoint, how would that make sense? i'm sure simply rolling back off-peak two hours is a good financial burden on their pockets. their main objective tho is customer retention, so they're more than willing to take the hit for the sake of keeping you guys for 24 more months. why give the customer more than they'll settle for? its all about marketing....
Old 11-10-2003 | 08:45 PM
The Third Ball

Originally posted by YuppieCL
from the business standpoint, how would that make sense? i'm sure simply rolling back off-peak two hours is a good financial burden on their pockets. their main objective tho is customer retention, so they're more than willing to take the hit for the sake of keeping you guys for 24 more months. why give the customer more than they'll settle for? its all about marketing....
Yuppie, Im aware of why things are the way are from a business standpoint. Businesses offer less to draw more. When they start acheiving projected goals, things start to change for the business to make money. Special now with more competition then there was 4 years ago.

It doesnt mean I cant pose a rhetorical question.
Old 11-10-2003 | 09:03 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by sidemarker

sidemarker
Doesn't everyone get caller IDs these days?

The whole reasoning behind first incoming minute free was that people didn't want to burn their minutes answering a phone call to talk to somebody they didn't want to talk to.

When I first got a cellphone, it almost always showed no caller ID so I ignored it alot.

In my first plans when I was a customer, I would get maybe 60 minutes, probably 100 minutes. I couldn't afford to burn 15 minutes a week answering 2 incoming phone calls everyday. Especially wrong numbers. The concept of the customer paying to receive a phone call was NEW and it actually turned off some people. People wouldn't give out their cellphone number and it was actually pretty uncool to call somebody on their cell knowing that you were about to force them to pay to talk to you.

So how do we get people to start answering their phones and hopefully talking more than one minute? How do we get people to leave their phones ON all day long instead of turning them OFF and only turning them ON to place a call and then turning it right back off until they need to place a call? How do we get people to use their phones to RECEIVE calls as much as using it to PLACE calls?

Among other things....First Incoming Minute Free aka FIMF. You don't see those on rate plans anymore...no longer need. People accept incoming calls and everyone has plenty of minutes to burn. Nobody feels badly anymore about calling somebody on their cell, you'll gladly answering a call even if you have no idea who it is, you give your number to just about anyone, and you no longer feel as though you are paying for the priviledge to talk to somebody...celly is just another everyday tool.

Actually in Europe for the most part, all incoming call on the handy are free, the entire call. Whoever calls you will pay for the call, whether they call from a mobile phone or a landline phone.

Oops, sorry I went long again....
Old 11-11-2003 | 07:53 AM
Suzuka Master

The FIMF was a great thing. I could understand if there was no inital caller id on the network, FIMF would be a good equalizer

I for one would love to have this feature back. Why?

1. Most of my calls when recieving last only between 1-2 minutes so if you get the first inbound minute free you will most likely be using 0-1 minute from your plan minutes.

2. i could choose a lower minute plan rate (cheaper). If i recieve an average of 60 calls a month i would be saving an additional 60 minutes off my plan which could be used for outbound calls.

3. My phone habits for the last 7 years has not changed. I was happy with 500 minutes with the FIMF. but now i am forced to purchase a larger plan because of the inital first minute is being charged. Ken if you dont believe me i can show you my before and after statements!

It may seem that the FIMF may be insignificant but for SOME people who recieve lots of calls, it will really help

sidemarker
Old 11-11-2003 | 11:27 AM
Race Director

The FIMF was a great thing. I could understand if there was no inital caller id on the network, FIMF would be a good equalizer

I for one would love to have this feature back. Why?

1. Most of my calls when recieving last only between 1-2 minutes so if you get the first inbound minute free you will most likely be using 0-1 minute from your plan minutes.

2. i could choose a lower minute plan rate (cheaper). If i recieve an average of 60 calls a month i would be saving an additional 60 minutes off my plan which could be used for outbound calls.

3. My phone habits for the last 7 years has not changed. I was happy with 500 minutes with the FIMF. but now i am forced to purchase a larger plan because of the inital first minute is being charged. Ken if you dont believe me i can show you my before and after statements!

It may seem that the FIMF may be insignificant but for SOME people who recieve lots of calls, it will really help

sidemarker
You are right. Oh I forgot to mention this too.

Part of the reason why your rate plans are BIGGER today is because we eliminated FIMF. So yesterday's 500 minute rate plan with FIMF became today's 560 minute rate plan at the same MRC....over time. Not the other way around. You can't take the better plan and now say I should have had 620 minutes.....

But if like almost all of your incoming calls are short, someone could possibly benefit from FIMF; however, it didn't come out that way in focus studies. People rather have more minutes in their bucket instead. But I agree, FIMF was a big plus for some people.

What about on weekends, when calls are free? FIMF gets watered down by plans like those. PCS is suppose to be clear and simple...not people trying to end a call just before the minute ticker. FIMF indirectly influences customer behaviour.

So instead of customer choosing a smaller rate plan and then trying to grasp or estimate the free parts, the preferred method is to understand how many minutes you plan to use and then choose a plan that is big enough to cover your needs plus some emergency use; much like anything else you have to deal with or plan for. The other way around, rounding down and hoping for the freebies, was not working so well and is not consistent with what the majority of customers choose.

And so we did away with it in a test market or two to judge the reaction; people didn't miss it; nobody else was doing it (VZW, ATT, etc)...it just seemed like the best thing at the time.

But it is gimmicky, too. Just like Cingular roll-over minutes. Those are built-in; making the customer seem as though they benefit; but they are not. Nobody else in the industry will follow rollover minutes....

There were a few other reasons that I can't mention, too; but I remember this so well because I was part of that discussion...and sorry but I was against FIMF and for increasing base plan minutes instead.
Old 11-30-2003 | 06:59 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

so after more research this unlimited night mins after 7pm isn't exactly unlimited unless the idiots in the store(not only sprint, verizon has some dolts working as well) told me wrong.....they said it's 2500mins only....can anybody confirm or deny? I'd really like to get this but i'll blow through them like a cokehead in bogota.
Old 12-01-2003 | 08:31 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Anybody?
Old 12-01-2003 | 09:31 AM
Race Director

Originally posted by Zapata
Anybody?
Not exactly sure what you're asking.
Old 12-01-2003 | 09:31 AM
Race Director

sidemarker
I've heard that FIMF might be still available.
Old 12-01-2003 | 09:51 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by kensteele
Not exactly sure what you're asking.

the ad sales unlimited nights and weekends after 7pm....went to the store and the dude says it's only 2500mins....which is it? Unlimited or 2500mins?