Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

Motorola V60p for VZ PTT

Old 10-11-2004, 09:38 AM
Masshole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Motorola V60p for VZ PTT

I searched, but could not find any answers I need...

My g/f and I both have VZ, and she wants a new phone. I am thinking about getting PTT after the new year, and would want her to have it, too. Neither of us knows anyone who has PTT, but we figure we'd use it with each other, and that maybe our other friends would eventually get it. Neither of us is interested in switching carriers, as VZ has the best service in our area, so we're def not gonna switch to Nextel.

First questions...

Is VZ PTT a good service? Has anyone who has used it recommended it or recommended against it?

Second bunch of questions...

Is the V60p a good phone for regular use as well as for PTT? Are there other phones available from VZ for PTT, or will there be new phones available for the holidays or shortly thereafter?

TIA for y'all's help.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
right now the p2t service with verizon is alright. we only have the v60p thought which sucks and is expensive. we are going to relaunch the whole p2t concept in the next month or so so be ont he look out for new p2t camera phones and better plans for cheaper. with nextel the p2t is basically instantanious, but with verizon, we are just getting into it really so there might be a one of two second delay for the mesage to be recieved. but then you got to think, the person didnt know when you said it anyways so i really dont think that matters. ill keep you updated on when we are going to relaunch it and whats deals we wil have going on.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:27 PM
Masshole

Thanks. I'm glad I suggested she wait a little.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:43 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by Bulldog01
Thanks. I'm glad I suggested she wait a little.
Ah... So that's why you call Todd the better half.

Old 10-11-2004, 06:19 PM
Race Director

You might as well wait forever if you plan to stay with Verizon PTT.

Verizon launched PTT a few months before Sprint and that was over a year ago. They just HAD to be Sprint so they rushed their product to the market. So WYSIWYG. A relauch is a marketing relaunch, whatever was there last Winter is still there.

No comment. If you can search back that far, search on "Fotis".
Old 10-12-2004, 03:23 PM
Race Director

Just get a Nextel, the iDen network is the best if you want the best response time on PTT.

I know you dont wanna switch, but is that PTT Stuff really worth it, to go back and forth and talk to your gf like shes a Construction worker lol
Old 10-23-2004, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by kensteele
You might as well wait forever if you plan to stay with Verizon PTT.

A relauch is a marketing relaunch, whatever was there last Winter is still there.

No comment.

ummm, totally wrong
Old 10-23-2004, 10:57 AM

bulldog, we are going to be getting 5 new ptt phones by christmas this year. all the plans have changed too. for example, $49.99 will get you 400 min, unlimited mobile to mobile, free nights and weekends, free ptt. second lines are going to be $30. this is going to be nationwide ptt and coverage. its supposed to launce november 15th.
Old 10-23-2004, 11:21 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by Berner
ummm, totally wrong
Ok, we'll see. I give you till New Years. A real launch would include at a minimum three new phones (not a make-over phone) plus a better service (1 new feature that you don't already have and shorter delay). And you have to have the TV commercials and rate plans.

Now that's a real launch, otherwise it's just a marketing ploy to keep up with Sprint who already has nearly 8 PTT phones, a nationwide PTT network, "improvements" to the delay over the past year, print advertising and PTT deals and plans (not TV), and more coming.

So I could be wrong but I'm just going out on a limb. I did with Fotis, I bet him VZW PTT would not launch by labour day last year and I think VZW eeked it out in August. So it's coming in 2 weeks, do you already have materials and seen the phones, etc? I don't keep up much with the cellular boards so I'm out of touch, but this would be very un-VZW-like.
Old 10-23-2004, 12:04 PM
Masshole

bulldog, we are going to be getting 5 new ptt phones by christmas this year. all the plans have changed too. for example, $49.99 will get you 400 min, unlimited mobile to mobile, free nights and weekends, free ptt. second lines are going to be $30. this is going to be nationwide ptt and coverage. its supposed to launce november 15th.
Thanks for the update.
Old 10-23-2004, 09:17 PM

ken, i jsut went through the training 2 days ago for the new ptt. when i work next i will get all the new plans and phones. here are a couple that i know of so far though. the kyocera is going to be $99 buy one get three free

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=527

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=463
Old 10-24-2004, 12:25 AM
Movin on up...

ken, i jsut went through the training 2 days ago for the new ptt. when i work next i will get all the new plans and phones. here are a couple that i know of so far though. the kyocera is going to be $99 buy one get three free

wanna shoot me an email at work with the 411?
Old 10-24-2004, 12:28 AM
Race Director

well ok, even though it is the same old phone with ptt thrown in...i don't know how you can call those NEW phones. just like the v60p, take the same tired v60 platform and put ptt in it. can't they be original? but i'll give it to you anyway. so we're going to see both of these by dec 31st?
Old 10-24-2004, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by kensteele
well ok, even though it is the same old phone with ptt thrown in...i don't know how you can call those NEW phones. just like the v60p, take the same tired v60 platform and put ptt in it. can't they be original? but i'll give it to you anyway. so we're going to see both of these by dec 31st?

come on man, you know verizon. it wil prob be december of '05
Old 10-26-2004, 12:56 PM

i should of kept my mouth shut. i just got this email today.......

Push to Talk Phase 2 Delayed!

Due to a service-affecting group calling issue that was discovered in testing, we will not be launching Push to Talk Phase II this year. We are committed to having a rock solid product with the release of these enhancements, so true to our word, these issues will be resolved before launch. Once the necessary changes to the network and handset software have been tested, approved and implemented, we will move forward with our Phase II release. A new date has not been established, but will be communicated as soon as it becomes available.

Stores - please keep the newest version of the Motorola v60p software (8600_03.OF.07) available in your store location. Any customers who come into the store location should still be flashed with this latest version. The service improvements are significant enough that we do want those existing customers who visit a store to take advantage of the improvements in spite of the known group calling issue (especially since a very small number of customers use group calling).

Your continued support (and patience) with Push to Talk is needed as our network, product and handset teams work hard to resolve all issues so that we can have an effective release of the product.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:13 PM
Moderator Alumnus

i should of kept my mouth shut. i just got this email today.......

Push to Talk Phase 2 Delayed!

Due to a service-affecting group calling issue that was discovered in testing, we will not be launching Push to Talk Phase II this year. We are committed to having a rock solid product with the release of these enhancements, so true to our word, these issues will be resolved before launch. Once the necessary changes to the network and handset software have been tested, approved and implemented, we will move forward with our Phase II release. A new date has not been established, but will be communicated as soon as it becomes available.

Stores - please keep the newest version of the Motorola v60p software (8600_03.OF.07) available in your store location. Any customers who come into the store location should still be flashed with this latest version. The service improvements are significant enough that we do want those existing customers who visit a store to take advantage of the improvements in spite of the known group calling issue (especially since a very small number of customers use group calling).

Your continued support (and patience) with Push to Talk is needed as our network, product and handset teams work hard to resolve all issues so that we can have an effective release of the product.

v60p's were pulled off the shelves this week in NYM
Old 10-26-2004, 11:08 PM
Race Director

Old 10-26-2004, 11:51 PM
Banned

i dont understand why anyone would want PTT, isnt verizons "In" part of all plans now which allows free verizon to verizon calling and sprint has PCS to PCS for 5 a month? id rather make a phone call than have that god damn annoying bleep bleep going off, it just annoys the shit out of anyone around you.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:37 AM
Still trolling

The Winphoria servers and complimenting Clients for the Verizon service basicly had an overhaul Ken, so yeah, it's a big differnece.