Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

$150 50 in. plasma $25 XBOX, PS2 $100 Sony Vaio Laptop $50 iPAQ

Old 12-12-2002, 03:35 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$150 50 in. plasma $25 XBOX, PS2 $100 Sony Vaio Laptop $50 iPAQ

Have you guys seen those ads on eBay for this stuff? I recently bought one and got the site, it seems amazing how the matrices work.. Has anyone actually received there item?

Some of you have no clue what I am talking about but for the ones that do PLEASE REPLY..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1943958932

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1944662679

MODS: I am not advertising but just asking if anyone has tried any of these techniques to get these Electronics CHEAP.. THANKS!
Old 12-12-2002, 03:57 PM
Racer

too good to be true, has to be a scam.
What you might end up with is $355 lost to get a stupid link, and then $150 for 3 months of waiting with nothing coming back.
Old 12-12-2002, 04:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PT Barnum was right.
Old 12-12-2002, 06:02 PM
Race Director

Well Let me put it this way, Theres only one auction that costs $355 cuz it lists the Plasma TV.. I bought the same info for $2 on ebay, I immediately paid the guy thru paypal.. he was so nice he gave me about 3-4 sites and told me the best way to get it.. He even told me if I didnt think the info was good enough that I could get a refund, but I told him this was the best THING!

The Company makes hella money and you get your item, its as simple as that.. The only prob is you have to wait from 1 week to 8 months, all depends...
You guys just think its a SCAM, if it was ebay wouldnt let people post this stuff and ebay would have a strict policy but its all legal and everything they say on the auction u get but the 1-3 months aint a gurantee, as it can take longer.. I already paid money for a XBOX on one site and PS2 on another.. I will inform u if I actually receive the item.. WHO CARES if you get a 1500 LAPTOP for $100, a 50 in. Plasma TV ($7000+) for only $200 max, ipaq 5450 ($700+) for $50 ..

Anyways Im not advertising but sayin look into this stuff its very useful info..
Old 12-12-2002, 06:05 PM
Safety Car

$150 for 50in plasma?
something is wrong here
Old 12-12-2002, 06:32 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by this is me
$150 for 50in plasma?
something is wrong here
Its not like going to Best Buy and buying the TV for $150, theres things that go along and it ends up taking a while... I dont know, I have said too much.. Those guys on eBay are gonna lose money because of my big mouth, if u want to know what im talking about go to eBay and buy the stuff, its only $2 for the info.. Wont kill u to know..
Old 12-12-2002, 09:12 PM
Burning Brakes

So how bout posting that link? Or PM it to me and I will test it's legitimacy.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:21 PM
Burning Brakes

a 50 in. Plasma TV ($7000+) for only $200 max
OR, you could (will) get NOTHING for your $200.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:53 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
No, this doesn't make sense to me... Let's think about it, in that case, I would get all my family/friends to buy all those stuff... and we resell them for some money...

This is a SCAM IMHO... Just think about it. If I have the links.... I wouldn't sell it on Ebay, I will say the TV I paid $150 for, will easily sell @ more than $2000 on ebay... think about it guys
Old 12-12-2002, 09:56 PM
AC
Drifting

2004TL is right...it's not a scam per say. You truly can get all this stuff either free or very cheap. It's called getting samples from manufacturers. I sell lots of equipment for my business, I have overseas companies send me samples of their stuff. For example, IBM Thinpad is not really made by IBM, so the manuf. may actually send you one if you can prove you're serious about business relationships with them, etc. I find the eBay ads pretty amazing because I think it's not a scam and I bet they're selling a ton of this.
Old 12-12-2002, 10:17 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by AC
2004TL is right...it's not a scam per say. You truly can get all this stuff either free or very cheap. It's called getting samples from manufacturers. I sell lots of equipment for my business, I have overseas companies send me samples of their stuff. For example, IBM Thinpad is not really made by IBM, so the manuf. may actually send you one if you can prove you're serious about business relationships with them, etc. I find the eBay ads pretty amazing because I think it's not a scam and I bet they're selling a ton of this.
You might be talking about another method but the one im talking about is different..

This is a SCAM IMHO... Just think about it. If I have the links.... I wouldn't sell it on Ebay, I will say the TV I paid $150 for, will easily sell @ more than $2000 on ebay... think about it guys
Like I said to get one item you would have to wait up to 8 months or less.. Usually its not more than 3 months. So Say u order a Plasma TV and u wait 3 months or u order a laptop, wouldnt u rather keep the TV for Home Use and the laptop for yourself than sell it on eBay.. Sure I could get the item put it on eBay and make Tons of Profit but its not like u get 50 of them, u get 1 of them unless u pay more than the price, for example if the PS2 is $25 and I get 4 of them I pay $100.. I will get 4 of them in the mail in couple months.. all at diff intervals.. but anyways most people dont believe in it so they give the cheapest product a try.. Most people go and get the PS2 and after they receive it they buy all the other items for personal use.. I dont know you could sell it on eBay but its really your own choice..

Theres thousands of ways of getting stuff for free or really cheap, u ever seen those auctions about getting microsoft programs for Free well i believe that involves acting like a Beta Tester..

Heres another Method that I know nothing about:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1792638637

It talks about how to get things free from manufacturers..

Lets say for example I sell Camera's at my store, and I wanna try a new SONY one out to see if its good enough for my store, soon as it comes out I can Call Sony and get there camera for there cost price.. This way we all benefit, I sell the camera at my store and give them business, they lose no money and customers are happy... You ever wonder how Reviewers like Computer Shopper Review all those items, they get them all FREE because the company wants to advertise there products on magazines and this way they can say our product got 9.6/10 from this magazine and etc.. BUT This isnt the way im talking about this is just another METHOD
"How does this program work?
Lets just say you wanted to get a digital camcorder that costs $4,000 in a retail store. The same camcorder most likely only costs the company about $50 to manufacture. All the markup is from the research and other technologies that have gone into this. It's the same for higher prices items. So it's no loss to the company giving away a TV thats only worth $50.00 to them. In return for sending you the camcorder they hope that you will buy from them in the future, spread the word about the company, or test future products. One scenario works well if you are a small business or if you are interested in selling electronic merchandise. Another scenario works well for individuals willing to give input on the company's products, but that's all the info I can give you right now. Most of the time you do not have to pay for shipping charges for the items, but sometimes you do. Who cares anyway since you can get a $5,000 item for the cost of shipping!

Why would companies give out free merchandise?
The whole concept of getting free products is based on the idea that by sending potential customers free samples, companies will persuade you to buy their products in the future. If you become a distributor or intent to start selling a manufacturer's products, then companies are more than happy to send you a free sample - even if it retails for $5,000 or more. These free samples are your's to keep for your evaluation. Usually all it takes is a request to a manufacturer for a price quote and a sample unit. That is all it takes. Anything you receive is yours to keep and evaluate. Manufacturers are looking to improve on their products and are always looking to receive feedback to improve on existing products as well. Manufacturers are accustom to receiving requests for samples and send them out daily to potential distributors too. Companies give out free merchandise because you are potential clients and distributors for them. Also, even though you may receive a piece of electronics that is worth thousands, it often only costs the company around $50 to produce, therefore they are very willing to give you a product at no cost. "
Old 12-12-2002, 10:27 PM
Race Director

You all know Im being annoying right now but if you knew about how to do this you would be happy.. Its just that i dont wanna give the secret away.. Yes I know im being an A$$ but if u really want to know go to eBay Pay 2 DOLLARS and get this info..

I didnt make this post to Argue with people and explain the non-believers, I just simply wanted to know if anyone has received there item yet, as it can take couple months.. THANKS
Old 12-13-2002, 05:55 PM
Mr. Self Destruct

If lying about being a retail shop or your intentions about being a distributor of someones product, makes you feel good about yourself, then by all means, this is a good method.

I was thinking about distributing raw LEDs and the manufacture was willing to send me a couple hundred of each color as a sample. We all know LEDs go for about $5 - $13 each, retail. So even 100 LEDs can return $500-1000 in my pocket.

These 'methods' you buy on Ebay teach you how to pretend you're something you are not to get stuff dirt cheap. Same way those infomercials teach you how to make a million dollars off real estate in less than 1 year with no money out of your pocket. (Except the $500 to buy their books. )
Old 12-13-2002, 09:52 PM
Burning Brakes

And, you think the manufacturer is willing to continue to give out these products to anyone who drops their $2 (it looks like $335 at the plasma auction) for the big secret? No chance.

And, manufacturing cost is WAY above $150 for a plasma, I can assure you of that. I guess you think a P4 processor only costs 50c to manufacture.

AND, please, please tell us if anyone receives anything (I'd like to see a pic of you standing next to the product in your home).
(Except the $500 to buy their books. )
which is exactly how they actually make their money. Local Orlando real estate weasel (you know the guy, cheesy smile, carved hair, young) is in JAIL.

Todd
Old 12-14-2002, 12:09 AM
Drifting

Yep Yep... so, show me the pic when you get your Plasma... please...
Old 12-14-2002, 12:22 AM
Race Director

Ok I know you people are all getting uptight about this, so I will reveal how it works, you might find the website..

I tried to find it and found nothing but if any of the info I give you below helps u find the website, please dont reveal it.. Its just fun to see you suffer..

So On to how it works

Theres something called a Line...
Say a line for a PS2 is 20 people ok..
to get in the line it costs u $25..

So I start the line after 19 people after me pay $25 I get the item.. The Website dude got 20 x $25 which is $500 and they get the PS2 Wholesale at $170, they make over $330 for every PS2 they send out..

Than the person behind me in the line gets there product when one more person pays $25.. like this u move up 1 everytime one person pays the $25.. So say your the 3rd person in line u need 2 people to pay the $25, those 2 people might come tomm. or could take 30 days, imagine this for 20 people, it could take 1 month -+.. Anyways every item has diff price rate and diff lines..
They also have the same PS2 for $50 and the line is shortened to 10 people and etc...

If your all nice I will give u a site.. They make lots of MONEY!!! its a easy business and if I was running it I would have more Car Parts and lots of other stuff.. but than more variety = less people in line and takes longer time to get item..
Old 12-14-2002, 12:30 AM
Race Director

FYI Im in a PS2 line and its 12 People and I paid $25 4 days ago and im the 6th in the list instead of 12th when i started, meaning 6 people paid in 4 Days..

On another site i went up 21 but im not in the line yet because over 20 means your on a backorder sort of thing...
Theres over 100 people in line but if 21 people every 4 days pay than I should have my item in less than a month (20+ days to be exact)
Old 12-14-2002, 02:08 AM
Drifting

makes sense, in a way...

Can anyone... think of a reason why this model wont' work?

I mean if we wanna bash it, we have to prove the concept wrong, right? So, because that I have to agree with 2004TL.

But it also means that you might not get the stuff after all.

Because if the 20th guy never show up, wut ya gonna do?
Old 12-14-2002, 05:10 AM
Banned

Originally posted by 2004TL
If your all nice I will give u a site.. They make lots of MONEY!!! its a easy business and if I was running it I would have more Car Parts and lots of other stuff.. but than more variety = less people in line and takes longer time to get item..
we're nice...!! we're nice...!! site please
Old 12-14-2002, 06:58 AM
Burning Brakes

Can anyone... think of a reason why this model wont' work?
Ah, the truth revealed. It's called a Ponzi Scheme, it's nothing new, and it's illegal. Look into it- http://www.sec.gov/answers/ponzi.htm

It does work, in the very short term, for those at the head of the "line-" assuming, of course, that you can trust a crook to deliver your goods (doubtful). BUT, if 20 people have to get in line for each person to get a PS2, then you can quickly see how it becomes unmanageable, and those down the line will never get anything, except be out their $25.
It essentially requires that you take advantage of those "behind" you, and rely on the good moral judgement of the criminal running the scheme (DUH!), in order to get an item. It's nothing I'd want to be associated with. Like most scams, the only real benefit is to the guy running the scam, until he gets caught. Given that this info is now being broadcast on the Internet, I'm sure that won't be long.

Todd
Old 12-14-2002, 08:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
PYRAMID SCHEME

Walk, don't run as far away from this as possible.
Old 12-14-2002, 11:52 AM
Drifting

hum... havn't seen this kinda pyramid scheme before, well something similar, but this one works our linearly (mathnatically speaking)
Old 12-14-2002, 12:13 PM
Banned

Thanks for the warning.... still wanna see if anyone gets there stuff..... maybe if you're lucky i guess??
Old 12-14-2002, 02:40 PM
Moderator Alumnus

If I was the mastermind behind this scheme, I would surely send out several units to a few "believers". Can you imagine the advertising these fortunate few would provide. Going onto forums such as this one blabbering about how they forked out $20 for something worth much more than that in value. Eventually the word gets out and hundreds, maybe even thousands start participating. And all the mastermind needed to do was bait the water and watch the feeding frenzy start. I'm not dissin' this program but something this good has to be approached with a bit of caution. Suckers are born every minute, especially on the internet.
Old 12-14-2002, 05:21 PM
Race Director

Ok This isnt a Pyramid Scheme.. You dont have to refer the people.. anyone pays the money.. its a straight line.. Pyramid refers to referring people.. And there is no way that the 20th person will not show up, because there is almost over 100 auctions on ebay and almost half the people on the site refer others like im doing and so no matter what the cycle never ends.. And once a person receives the product they go back to go back in the cycle for something else..

Heres what they say about Pyramid Scheme:

"No. There are no pyramids involved. It is a straight-line"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK and for the people that think its illegal.. It is totally Legal..

Because what u do is pay $25 for a ebook/reports and they give u the book which they have complete rights too, and as a added bonus they put you in there line..

Heres what they say:

"This program is completely legal. You are not buying into the line itself. You are buying reports and being placed into a line to receive a FREE item. The item you choose to receive as a free gift depends on which page you buy various reports from."
Old 12-14-2002, 05:23 PM
Race Director

This is what the other site says about Pyramid Scheme:

Q: Is this a Pyramid Scheme?

A: No, this is a promotional scheme. You can purchase the information kit and opt out of the Track listing. In fact, it would cut our costs. The fact is, this is a promotion to increase our Customer base. We hope that you will tell everybody where they can get information at Super prices. You are not required to tell anyone. You are not required to promote our service. You have no down lines to fill. You can tell people if you want, or not.

KIT= Ebook/Report - Everyone uses diff names

Q: Does straight line TRACK, mean I have to bring you the required track number of Customers before I get my gift?

A: No, when you are on top, it means the next required track number period. In fact none of the others need to be connected to you at all. Ever. You are not required to tell anybody about our kits. But if you do, it helps fill the Track, whether you are at the top, or someone else. All entries go in one line, it doesn't matter if they were sent by you or me.

(And like I said its advertised all over eBay so theres people coming on everyday, Rmr I said i went up 7 people in 4 Days?)
Old 12-14-2002, 05:28 PM
Race Director

Keep your questions coming?

I just wanted to know who has tried it..
The Guy I Bought this info from for $2 was very nice and gave me more sites and explained the whole thing as a normal person not a business man, he was all nice and explained how they make there money..

(FOR THE PS2) - GUESS WHAT INSTEAD OF BEING IN 12TH PLACE YESTERDAY IM IN 10TH PLACE.. Meaning 2 more people got in the line yesterday..

When I do receive my PS2 I will take a pic of it and have Acura TL Written on a Paper on top of it..
Old 12-14-2002, 05:35 PM
Race Director

I do get what some of you said about the Scheme Collapsing after a while, but they wont.. there not doing anything illegal.. But if somehow they do get caught, I will only loose $25..

But I dont see how it will collapse if people are constantly paying to get on, i mean the more people get on, the more people get off.. meaning everything is balanced out..

Say I get my PS2 and XBOX, and payed $25 for each.. Equalling $50 so I saved $350 RIGHT? Now say I take $150 and get into the Plasma Line.. If somehow the company goes down.. I Lost my $150 but rmr I saved $350 b4 so basically im still in a $200 benefit? Thats why im starting out small with only PS2 than gonna get a laptop than ipaq than Plasma.. slowly even if the company goes down i still benefited from it after all.. I know some of you are skeptical about this but when I get my PS2 I will show you ..
Old 12-14-2002, 09:31 PM
Drifting

Alright, sorry for busting the bubble, for here is a hard proof of why it won't work and is a scam. I am just done with my Econ exam, so didn't had time to post this earlier.

Let's build a simple model.

You have 20 person on the list, the 20th person gets the product 1st, and 21th person get the product 2nd, and so on. Assuming that the only cost of the business is the product that they sent out.

In your PS2 case, each person pay $25. Their Total revenue will be $500 when the 20th person pay the money. Then the firm must send out the product to the first person, which cost them let's say $150 after shipping.

The profit is $350 at this point, and when the 21th person pays the $25 to get on the list. They have to send out a PS2 to the 2nd person on the list, which will leave them with $225 in profit, and for the 22th person, they are left with $100, and when the 23rd person pays, they start losing money...

So, there's no way this can be true. For this thing to NOT to be a scam, they have to be able to get the PS2 for $25 or less, which no way in hell will be possible.

And when they CAN get PS2 for that amount for $25, the moeny that they earn is the real interest on the amount that they are kepping which in this case will be $475 * interest rate.

Making sense to you?
Old 12-14-2002, 10:01 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by SL1200MK4
Alright, sorry for busting the bubble, for here is a hard proof of why it won't work and is a scam. I am just done with my Econ exam, so didn't had time to post this earlier.

Let's build a simple model.

You have 20 person on the list, the 20th person gets the product 1st, and 21th person get the product 2nd, and so on. Assuming that the only cost of the business is the product that they sent out.

In your PS2 case, each person pay $25. Their Total revenue will be $500 when the 20th person pay the money. Then the firm must send out the product to the first person, which cost them let's say $150 after shipping.

The profit is $350 at this point, and when the 21th person pays the $25 to get on the list. They have to send out a PS2 to the 2nd person on the list, which will leave them with $225 in profit, and for the 22th person, they are left with $100, and when the 23rd person pays, they start losing money...

So, there's no way this can be true. For this thing to NOT to be a scam, they have to be able to get the PS2 for $25 or less, which no way in hell will be possible.

And when they CAN get PS2 for that amount for $25, the moeny that they earn is the real interest on the amount that they are kepping which in this case will be $475 * interest rate.

Making sense to you?
Ya im kinda getting u. But every 19 person behind me pays than I get my item, the next person in the list has to wait when 19 people in the list pay behind him too, and so on.. so I dont get it..
Old 12-14-2002, 10:15 PM
Drifting

Okay, when the 21st person paid, there will be 19 people behind the 2nd person who paid. So, the 2nd PS2 is sent out.

Basically starting from the 20th person, every additional person who paid ($25), the company have to send out a unit of PS2 (cost more than $25), so eventually, the company loses money
Old 12-14-2002, 10:33 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by SL1200MK4
Okay, when the 21st person paid, there will be 19 people behind the 2nd person who paid. So, the 2nd PS2 is sent out.

Basically starting from the 20th person, every additional person who paid ($25), the company have to send out a unit of PS2 (cost more than $25), so eventually, the company loses money
How the hell they doing it than?
Old 12-14-2002, 10:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Ok guys, I've heard about these. Let me see if I can clear up how they are "supposed" to work. As 2004TL said, you have a list of say 20 people. The one person at the top of the list is basically the next to get his item. When the next person moves up, he doesn't receive his free item when one more person signs up, but when another 20 under him sign up. So every time they send out the item, they are receiving say $25 times 20. So they are still making money. Every person that reaches the top spot has to have 20 people under him pay before he receives anything. Does this help clear anything up?
Old 12-14-2002, 10:43 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by 2001AudiS4
Ok guys, I've heard about these. Let me see if I can clear up how they are "supposed" to work. As 2004TL said, you have a list of say 20 people. The one person at the top of the list is basically the next to get his item. When the next person moves up, he doesn't receive his free item when one more person signs up, but when another 20 under him sign up. So every time they send out the item, they are receiving say $25 times 20. So they are still making money. Every person that reaches the top spot has to have 20 people under him pay before he receives anything. Does this help clear anything up?
Ya thats what I thought.. Its not every 1 person its every 20 people under me that PAY..
Old 12-14-2002, 10:44 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by 2001AudiS4
Doesnt this mean the List gets extremely LONG?
Old 12-14-2002, 10:49 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by Lawaia
If I was the mastermind behind this scheme, I would surely send out several units to a few "believers". Can you imagine the advertising these fortunate few would provide. Going onto forums such as this one blabbering about how they forked out $20 for something worth much more than that in value. Eventually the word gets out and hundreds, maybe even thousands start participating. And all the mastermind needed to do was bait the water and watch the feeding frenzy start. I'm not dissin' this program but something this good has to be approached with a bit of caution. Suckers are born every minute, especially on the internet.
I guess im a sucker, but it will all be proven when I receive my PS2! LOL Yes we will just have to WAIT..
Old 12-14-2002, 10:58 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by NSXNEXT
PYRAMID SCHEME

Walk, don't run as far away from this as possible.

Did u mean Run, don't walk as far away from this as possible?
Old 12-14-2002, 11:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally posted by 2004TL

Did u mean Run, don't walk as far away from this as possible?
, I didn't even catch that before. funny.
Old 12-14-2002, 11:02 PM
Race Director

From the Company

Are you like those MLM companies?

MLM, or multi-level marketing, companies are really well thought out ideas, unfortunately, only the people at the top really benefit from them. Most of them are to complicated to figure out how, when, or even if you are going to receive anything out of them. With a straight line list, you know that you will receive your item, it is just a matter of when based on the number of people signing up.
Old 12-15-2002, 10:22 AM
Burning Brakes

PONZI scheme, not pyramid scheme. And, they can whitewash it all they want, but it is illegal. For those who can't/won't use Google, here it is:
A Ponzi scheme is an investment scheme in which returns are paid to earlier investors, entirely out of money paid into the scheme by newer investors. Ponzi schemes are similar to pyramid schemes, but differ in that Ponzi schemes are operated by a central company or person, who may or may not be making other false claims about how the money is being invested, and where the returns are coming from. Ponzi schemes don't necessarily involve a hierarchal structure, as in a pyramid scheme; there is merely one person or company that is collecting money from new participants and using this money to pay off promised returns to earlier participants.
The money has simply been replaced with PS2/PlasmaTV/etc.

It is illegal, because it requires duping 20 people, for one person to get his goods. Again, 20 people are buying one person something. If you are #100 on the list, 2000 suckers are going to have to sign up and send in, for you to get anything. If you are #2000, you'll need 40,000 suckers. And so it goes.
And, this all assumes that the schemer will send out the goods. I'm inclined to think that this will stop, since mailing out goods would provide hard evidence that may fall under mail fraud.

Why people feel the need to encourage these nitwits by sending them money is beyond me. But, to reiterate what I said before- PT Barnum was right.

Todd

Quick Reply: $150 50 in. plasma $25 XBOX, PS2 $100 Sony Vaio Laptop $50 iPAQ