Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs thread

Old 05-12-2005, 04:24 PM
G
Bitten.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ccannizz11
Ya, no way allen could say that stuff just because bowen frustrates him. He has to be a total asshole to say it.

Look, bowen is handsy away from the ball. And that annoys and frustrates players. There is nothing really illegal about what he does, and he's a great defender. But he does more than just play straight up squeaky clean defense to get inside a players head. Venting that frustration by calling him out doesn't make someone an asshole. Allen may get inside bowen's head that way But in reality, what allen does to bowen doesn't make him any more of an asshole than the stuff that bowen does to allen that makes bowen some kind of asshole.

As for the ankle, I didn't see the play. so I can't comment.

To be honest, I've met allen. I don't know him, but he does not have an attitude problem from what i do know.
I never said that Bowen played played squeky clean defense-I don't know of anyone who does.

Yes, I played B-ball all throughout highschool. I understand venting, but what Allen said was more than venting, and it wasn't calling him out. The only thing that Allen got by whining so much was causing the refs to call sh!tloads of non-existent fouls on the Spurs.

And, your logic is correct, assuming that what Bowen does is all bad. However, Bowen is a defender, he is not straight up squeky clean, and I will be the first to admit it, but he also doesn't go around saying things like Allen says while defending. He is straight up challenging him by defending the way Bowen does, and that frustrates Allen.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:26 PM
G
Bitten.

Originally Posted by sidemarker
I think of late Ray Allen has said some stupid stuff. "Team USA should get paid..." "Bowen gets away with a lot of fouls..."

He is a good player but these examples have shown that he has no class whatsoever...

sidemarker
Old 05-12-2005, 04:28 PM
Suzuka Master

i don't care for ray allen...having said that, ATXCLS, pass me some of whatever you're smoking. bowen just a good a player as allen...
Old 05-12-2005, 04:29 PM
G
Bitten.

Originally Posted by cmark
Now if you just said that Allen was an asshole because he said what he said, then all would be fine - that is your opinion.

What you're trying to do is convince people that Allen is a worse basketball player than Bowen because he talks too much. Maybe Bowen is a better person by not having that kind of poor attitude but it surely doesn't make him a better player.

I don't know if you play basketball yourself but if you did, I'm sure you'd understand how irritating it is when you are hacked, undercut, pulled, tripped and shoved.

btw, Allen was given the Joe Dumars Sportsmanship Award for the 2002-03 season
Ok, what I probably should have said is that Bowen is better at defense then Allen is.

And, I am not trying to convince anybody that Bowen is a better player, I am defending my statement that I belive that Bowen is a better player.

And yes, I played B-ball all through highschool. While getting hacked is annoying, there is nothing more annoying then getting called for a blatenly non-existent foul.

Also, are you implying that Bowen Pulls, Trips, and Shoves? Does he go for the ball, yes. But does he blatently shove, pull, or trip, no.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:32 PM
My Work is Done Here

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ATXCLS
guess you don't really listen to what he says too closely before making your judgements. I guess it's just because he plays for the other team.
"Allen insists he isn't suggesting players deserve to be paid for representing their country, it's just that paying them might entice the most talented ones to participate in the '08 Games."
And bowen does get away with a lot of fouls, not any that allen wouldn't get away with, it's just because he does them more often than most players.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:32 PM
G
Bitten.

Originally Posted by GTKrockeTT
i don't care for ray allen...having said that, ATXCLS, pass me some of whatever you're smoking. bowen just a good a player as allen...
Read my posts more and you will see where I come from.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:34 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I made a bet with Black CL-S 4 life on the Dallas Houston series (20 bucks and avatar change to winning team's logo).

I haven't heard from him since game 7.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:34 PM
G
Bitten.

Originally Posted by ccannizz11
guess you don't really listen to what he says too closely before making your judgements. I guess it's just because he plays for the other team.

And bowen does get away with a lot of fouls, not any that allen wouldn't get away with, it's just because he does them more often than most players.
Ok, I was agreeing with the statement about him blaming Bowen for his ankle. I did not hear what he said about the olympics. Care to educate me?

Edit: Just read what he said. Unfortunatley, I agree with him. But I think is sad is that they, the players, wait till money is involved before doing anything. What happened to Patriotism?

Last edited by G; 05-12-2005 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:35 PM
G
Bitten.

Originally Posted by mantis23
I made a bet with Black CL-S 4 life on the Dallas Houston series (20 bucks and avatar change to winning team's logo).

I haven't heard from him since game 7.
Hahaha.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ATXCLS
Read my posts more and you will see where I come from.
i did, you still don't make any sense.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:01 PM
Suzuka Master

ray allen...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ank&id=2054775
Old 05-12-2005, 09:35 PM
Drifting

dwayne mother fucking wade. he is a beast. taking over this game without shaq. amazing
Old 05-12-2005, 11:55 PM
G
Bitten.

Good article.

Anyways, they are both good players. Allen is a good offensive player, and Bowen is a good defensive player.

I am not trying to change anybodies mind. It is my opnion for which I state and back up. If y'all don't agree, then that is your .
Old 05-12-2005, 11:58 PM
Suzuka Master

GO HEAT!
Old 05-12-2005, 11:58 PM
Suzuka Master

do you know that heat w/o the H is eat?

I almost typed GO EAT!
Old 05-13-2005, 12:56 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by slayer202
dwayne mother fucking wade. he is a beast. taking over this game without shaq. amazing

He is incredible and so clutch. I love his style of play and how he takes it to the rack at will and dosent settle for jumpshots, gets rebounds, makes great passes, and hustles more than anyone else on the court.

Its only his second damn season too...imagine him in a couple years when he is in his prime.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by CL Hype

He is incredible and so clutch. I love his style of play and how he takes it to the rack at will and dosent settle for jumpshots, gets rebounds, makes great passes, and hustles more than anyone else on the court.

Its only his second damn season too...imagine him in a couple years when he is in his prime.
i just hope that he doesn't get seriously hurt by doing that.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:03 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by badboy
the bet you are proposing is not a fair bet...you have to give me odds inorder for me to consider it....
Of course it's not fair, that's why I'm proposing it....and for the record, you brought it up spouting off about how the Pacers won't win another game. So, once again, I'm just taking all the odds and saying that they will.

Hell, everyone on this board, other boards, newspaper journalists, ESPN reporters, etc... - everyone is talking about the Heat vs. Pistons in the eastern conference finals. Nobody has given the Pacers a shot all season long since the brawl and nobody thought they would even get into the playoffs let alone beat the Celtics in Round One. Now, lookie here, the series is currently all tied up 1-1 and the Pacers have homecourt advantage.

I'm just wondering why STILL nobody is giving them any credit, that's it. Hell, you said the Pacers wouldn't win another game.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:14 AM
Masshole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's disappointing to continually hear about Ray's spats with other players. He really is one of the nicest people on the planet. Well, he was when he was in college, anyway.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:14 AM
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Tripp11
Of course it's not fair, that's why I'm proposing it....and for the record, you brought it up spouting off about how the Pacers won't win another game. So, once again, I'm just taking all the odds and saying that they will.

Hell, everyone on this board, other boards, newspaper journalists, ESPN reporters, etc... - everyone is talking about the Heat vs. Pistons in the eastern conference finals. Nobody has given the Pacers a shot all season long since the brawl and nobody thought they would even get into the playoffs let alone beat the Celtics in Round One. Now, lookie here, the series is currently all tied up 1-1 and the Pacers have homecourt advantage.

I'm just wondering why STILL nobody is giving them any credit, that's it. Hell, you said the Pacers wouldn't win another game.
Relax dude...you like indiana, and I like detroit....I am saying that indiana is going to have a hard time winning another game...thats different then saying they will not win another game...and if you want to bet on a game, even every game, let me know....otherwise, don't bring it up again.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:15 AM
Masshole

Go Nuggs!!
Old 05-13-2005, 09:04 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,309 Likes on 962 Posts
Originally Posted by CL Hype

He also draws several fouls. I think he's one of the league leaders in foul shots.

As far as the Pacers, the Heat fans definitely respect them. They're good even with Ron and will put up a tough fight. Everybody discounts them because they lost to Detroit last year and Detroit's team might be better this year and Indy's weaker without Ron. Nothing personal against them.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:06 AM
Newbie for Life

Relax dude...you like indiana, and I like detroit....I am saying that indiana is going to have a hard time winning another game...thats different then saying they will not win another game...and if you want to bet on a game, even every game, let me know....otherwise, don't bring it up again.
Relax? Huh? I'm just having a conversation with you, but if you read more into than that, so be it.

Now how does a guy living way out on the east coast have such a fascination with Detroit? Why not follow the Nets? Surely there must be a connection I'm missing like you're originally from Detroit and have been a fan since the Bad Boy days of the Pistons? Hopefully you didn't run out and buy a bunch of Pistons gear after their Championship run last year.....because it wouldn't be the first time nor the last time that someone jumped on a bandwagon of a winner.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:20 AM
Safety Car

Relax? Huh? I'm just having a conversation with you, but if you read more into than that, so be it.

Now how does a guy living way out on the east coast have such a fascination with Detroit? Why not follow the Nets? Surely there must be a connection I'm missing like you're originally from Detroit and have been a fan since the Bad Boy days of the Pistons? Hopefully you didn't run out and buy a bunch of Pistons gear after their Championship run last year.....because it wouldn't be the first time nor the last time that someone jumped on a bandwagon of a winner.
I am actually not a detroit fan, I am a nets fan...
but I still have opinions on who the better team is in a series...
I think detroit has what it takes to win a championship, even this year.

I wanted the nets to win at least one, but that didn't happen, they were lucky they made it in the playoffs...but they didn't even have a wild chance of winning a game against miami.

I am a huge fan of Ben though.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:36 AM
Team Owner

Man these NBA threads always get retarded debates. It's like soccer hooligans or something. :shakehead
Old 05-13-2005, 09:48 AM
Newbie for Life

I am actually not a detroit fan, I am a nets fan...
but I still have opinions on who the better team is in a series...
I think detroit has what it takes to win a championship, even this year.

I wanted the nets to win at least one, but that didn't happen, they were lucky they made it in the playoffs...but they didn't even have a wild chance of winning a game against miami.

I am a huge fan of Ben though.
What do you think if the Nets leaving NJ?

I agree, Ben Wallace is one helluva basketball player. Personally, I like the guys with passion and intensity in all sports. I'll choose a Ben Wallace over a Rik Smits any day of the week. In racing, I'll choose a Juan Pablo Montoya or a Tony Stewart over a Ralph Schumacker or Greg Biffle any day of the week. I like the guys who are a break from the norm of the typical corporate sponsorship clones always giving the same fake as* interviews day in and day out.

Tell you what, Ben Wallace was a beast in game one!!! He was getting it done on both ends of the court for sure ala Ron Artest.

Well, I wish your Nets some key off season moves and hope they do well next year - for sure.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:16 AM
Safety Car

F :nj:
Old 05-13-2005, 11:01 AM
Safety Car

What do you think if the Nets leaving NJ?

I agree, Ben Wallace is one helluva basketball player. Personally, I like the guys with passion and intensity in all sports. I'll choose a Ben Wallace over a Rik Smits any day of the week. In racing, I'll choose a Juan Pablo Montoya or a Tony Stewart over a Ralph Schumacker or Greg Biffle any day of the week. I like the guys who are a break from the norm of the typical corporate sponsorship clones always giving the same fake as* interviews day in and day out.

Tell you what, Ben Wallace was a beast in game one!!! He was getting it done on both ends of the court for sure ala Ron Artest.

Well, I wish your Nets some key off season moves and hope they do well next year - for sure.
Nets need a good center position, one that can fit well with their fast pace nature.
And they need a good pure shooter, we got NONE.
Actually, there are so many guys on the nets that I don't like. They don't wanna spend the money to acquire good players.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:25 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Location: Gainesville, Fl for college, Palm Beach Gardens, Fl at Home
HEAT ARE UNDEFEATED IN THE PLAYOFFS SO FAR

Still took out Washington with no Shaq (to you haters in this forum who said heat are nothing without Shaq and wade is just "good")

PISTONS MAY NOT EVEN SEE THE NEXT ROUND

Too bad my 2 $20 bets may not even be on!
Old 05-13-2005, 11:49 PM
Team Owner

I don't want to go to crazy over NJ and Wash. The real comp is in the West and in the other east series. Know who feels pretty stupid though? Gilbert Arenas for saying in the preseason that Wade can't shoot.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Renegade

Still took out Washington with no Shaq (to you haters in this forum who said heat are nothing without Shaq and wade is just "good")

i'm still collecting on my $20.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:40 AM
Team Owner

WTF??? Nobody posts how the Pacers beat the Pistons to lead in the series. I thought we'd have 5 pages by now. AZ on the weekend sucks.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:02 AM
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by Doom878
WTF??? Nobody posts how the Pacers beat the Pistons to lead in the series. I thought we'd have 5 pages by now. AZ on the weekend sucks.
lol... all that matters is how Miami's going to either one of them in the conference finals.

-Alex
Old 05-14-2005, 11:16 AM
Team Owner

(Sticks guitar up agranado's ass)
Old 05-14-2005, 01:38 PM
Moderator Alumnus

i'm still collecting on my $20.
me too
Old 05-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Fuckin Mavs
Old 05-14-2005, 01:46 PM
I'm back, biatch.

Originally Posted by Renegade

I hope Miami finishes them off tonight.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm back, biatch.

Reggie still has it! That last shot was a classic!
Old 05-14-2005, 01:49 PM
I'm back, biatch.

(Sticks guitar up agranado's ass)
I think he was saying Maimi is going to beat either Detroit or Indiana... bot get beat by them.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:48 PM
Team Owner

True. He meant to say own not owned. Dang it we need an :own: smiley.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs thread