Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

NCAA Football: SEC Expansion

Old 09-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Q('.')=O

Received 720 Likes on 520 Posts
Face it, Baylor is fucked

Granted, they do have a good basketball and tennis program
Old 09-07-2011, 01:50 PM
an asshole from florida

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
the only reason they got in the b12 was because of texas legislation when the conference formed. they didnt deserve to be in a aq conference and still dont
Old 09-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Banned

Received 960 Likes on 593 Posts
So now all B12 schools besides Oklahoma have withdrawn their waiver to sue.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Q('.')=O

I thought Oklahoma was the only one that DIDN'T even threaten to sue. All other 8 schools did.

Edit: Basically, all 8 schools that threatened to sue said they will waiver their right to sue IF Oklahoma stays in the conference.

Baylor you pansy mother fuckers... Ken Starr, you too. I can picture people at A&M burning Baylor Bear shit.

Last edited by imj0257; 09-08-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Banned

Received 960 Likes on 593 Posts
Yes. All other schools withdrew their waiver, dependent on Oklahoma staying.

But Oklahoma isn't staying. Who would, with these other douchebags?
Old 09-20-2011, 10:05 PM
Q('.')=O

Might as well rename this thread "NCAA Football: Conference Realignments"

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...cording-report

If the University of Oklahoma is to stay in the Big 12, it will do so only if the conference adds regulations on ESPN's Longhorn Network and ousts commissioner Dan Beebe, according to a report in The Oklahoman Tuesday.

The Oklahoman, citing a high-ranking Big 12 official, reported Oklahoma president David Boren said Monday the school would decide between applying for the Pac-12 or staying in the Big 12. The source stressed that reforms would be necessary for Oklahoma to remain in the Big 12.

"It's going to take major, major reforms," the source said. "We'd have to have an interim commissioner."

According to the source, the Big 12 presidents don't believe Beebe handled the departures of Nebraska and Texas A&M adequately. The Big 12 has lost three members in the last 15 months, and, according to the source, "the relationships were so bad (with) the commissioner."

According to the Big 12 bylaws, a majority vote among the member schools is needed to oust the commissioner.

Beebe received an extension through June 2015 from the Big 12 in November 2010. University of Missouri chancellor Brady Deaton, chairman of the league's board of directors, said Beebe had been "an outstanding leader" during challenging times.

Beebe received a raise from $661,000 to $997,000 in 2009 before the Big 12's first near breakup.

Oklahoma has also demanded that Texas modify some of its plans for the Longhorn Network. Big 12 members were angered by the network's agreement with Fox Sports to move a conference game to the Longhorn Network and its decision to show high school highlights after the Big 12 voted to keep televised high school games off school-branded networks.

The source told the Oklahoman that a move by Oklahoma and Oklahoma State to the Pac-12 wasn't inevitable.

The University of Oklahoma's board of regents and its counterpart at Texas granted their school presidents Monday the authority to take action regarding conference realignment.

The moves clear the way for the Sooners and Longhorns to apply formally to the Pac-12, with whom they have been undergoing discussions in recent days on how to make the schools' addition to the conference work.

After the regents meeting had adjourned, Boren admitted he's had "very warm and constructive discussions" with Pac-12 officials, but wouldn't say when the Sooners might apply for conference membership.

The SEC has informally agreed to add Missouri to the conference and move Auburn to the SEC East, according to a report in the Birmingham News.

The News, citing two sources familiar with the discussions, said a majority of SEC presidents have endorsed the agreement, though a timetable for the move remains unknown. Missouri would become the conference's 14th member, as the SEC already plans to add Texas A&M as the 13th member.

Earlier Tuesday, the Kansas City Star reported that the SEC was going to offer Missouri a spot in the conference, and would wait until the Big 12 dust settled for an answer. The Star cited a Mizzou booster who spoke directly to a school official. Another source told The Star on Tuesday that an Oklahoma official had said the SEC is interested in Missouri, the Star reported.

But the SEC said Tuesday afternoon that the only invitation it had issued was to Texas A&M.
Well then... looks like Mizzou would be the 14th school after all.

Since Mizzou backed the Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe and they would get an offer to go to the SEC then they wouldn't give a shit about Beebe anymore and I could easily see all the schools unanimously voting to oust him. So if that is the case then I think the fate of the Big 12 would all fall on Texas.. if they want to keep their selfish ways with the Longhorn network or be more lenient with it and change some things.

Shit, if that all really did happen, as much as I would love to go to the SEC and play those amazing teams every year, I wouldn't mind if A&M stayed in the Big 12 (and I'm sure Mizzou would stay too, and I could see the Big 12 adding 2 more teams to make it 12 again...)
Old 09-20-2011, 10:48 PM
Карты убийцы

Received 125 Likes on 100 Posts
They should have one conference... Team America, (Fuck Yeah) not Conference USA. And at the end of the season the top 64 teams split into brackets.... wait they already do that, it seems, in some sort of sport...

We are talking football. Some overweight keyboard punching twit should be part of the formula of telling me who is #1.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:09 AM
Bent = #1

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Looks like it will be Missouri as the 14th, with Auburn moving to the East. I like the move because we get back to playing Florida & Tennessee annually, and keep playing UGA. The only problem will be keeping the Iron Bowl and possibly playing Alabama twice in a year.. would make for an insane SECCG.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Q('.')=O

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...t-accepted-sec

Texas A&M officially joins SEC
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- Texas A&M is set to join the Southeastern Conference, the league said Sunday, apparently signaling that legal hurdles have been cleared for the Aggies to leave the Big 12.

The SEC announced Sunday that the move will be effective next July, and said Texas A&M will participate in all sports during the 2012-13 academic year. That gives the SEC 13 members and its first addition since South Carolina and Arkansas joined in 1992.

The Aggies' defection from the Big 12 had been held up by the possibility of legal action from Baylor and other members, who would not waive their rights to sue the school and the SEC.

The statement released by the SEC did not mention that situation, and spokesman Charles Bloom said he could not comment.

A source told ESPN's Joe Schad that Texas A&M's negotiation of an exit fee with the Big 12 "will now begin in earnest."

The SEC's announcement said that Texas A&M beginning play in the conference next year is "unconditional," sources told Schad.

If any institution, such as Baylor, files litigation it would be dealt with at that time.

Baylor's decision not to waive its right to sue the SEC or Texas A&M was based in large part, however, on a desire to get the remaining nine schools to commit, which Big 12 leadership says is a goal they have recently moved closer toward.

SEC presidents and chancellors voted in favor of the move on Sept. 6.

"We are excited to begin competition in the nation's premier athletic conference," Texas A&M President R. Bowen Loftin said in the statement.

It's unclear if the SEC will add a 14th member for next season or go with unbalanced divisions. Other rumored possibilities have included the Big 12's Missouri and West Virginia of the Big East.

Texas A&M initiated the courtship in July, unhappy with rival Texas' ESPN-operated Longhorn Network and setting off a tumultuous period for the Big 12.

The Aggies, who play Arkansas Saturday in Arlington, give the SEC entry into major TV markets such as Houston and Dallas.

"Texas A&M is a nationally prominent institution on and off the field and a great fit for the SEC tradition of excellence -- athletically, academically and culturally," Commissioner Mike Slive said in the statement.

Slive, Loftin and others will hold a news conference Monday evening in College Station, Texas.

Four Big 12 teams -- Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State -- had explored moving to the Pac-12, which decided not to expand this year.

Oklahoma President David Boren said the nine remaining schools besides Texas A&M agreed last week to give a six-year grant of their first- and second-tier television rights to the Big 12 for the next six years. That means all revenue from the top television games -- shown currently on networks owned by ABC/ESPN and Fox -- would continue to go to the Big 12 even if a school bolts to another league.

That deal, however, had not been finalized.

The Big 12 also ousted Commissioner Dan Beebe last week after five years and replaced him with former Big Eight Commissioner Chuck Neinas on an interim basis.

A&M's official departure from the Big 12 was considered the next step needed to determine where this round of conference realignment is headed.

Once that is done, the SEC can decide on a 14th member, if it wants one and the Big 12 can replace the Aggies.
fellow SEC'ers
Old 09-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,247 Likes on 4,858 Posts

Sorry I'm so late. The only reason Baylor is in the Big 12 is b/c of Ann Richards. They also have a good track program. Having said that, hey Baylor,

I look forward to the new competition. This Sat should give is a good view of the future. I also look forward to traveling to a little bit better football environments. I mean Lubbock, Lincoln, Manhattan, Stillwater, Waco, Norman, the almighty Ames, and where ever the hell KU is are all stellar towns, but I'd rather go to Tiger Stadium, The Swamp, Bryant-Denny, and Jordan-Hare. Shit I would rather drive through Arkansaa than Oklahoma. As long as we don't play like we did for the last 30 minutes, we won't get our asses kicked too bad.