Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

Kobe

Old 03-28-2007, 05:29 AM
The Boss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yumchah
Well, he's got nothing on this guy...

Old 03-28-2007, 07:18 AM

Well, the thing is...when it comes to sports and the media, people and writers forget easily. Some guy scores a bazillion points for a few games and "OH L@@K!!!! NEW COMING OF MJ...!!!! YEAH YEAH!!"

I mean, c'mon...it was just yesterday that Grant Hill was the next MJ. Oops. Then, it was Vince Carter. Oops. Then it was Tracy McGrady. Oops. Then it was LeBron James...kinda pending. But, oops. And NOW, the flavor of the week is back to Kobe again...All of this is to me, horseturd.

Kobe IMO is at best a Dominique Wilkins...and I'll probably get razed for this. But, that's the best I'll give him credit for. And believe me both are amazing players. But, the thing is, Kobe has proven time and time again (and look up any of his points scored) that when he plays against a team that has REALLY tough defence like the Bulls or Pistons...he wilts. He'll throw up a bazillion shots and maybe score 18-20. That's hardly Jordan-esque. MJ had to go against the bulldozing Knicks and Pistons often and still put up great numbers...I'm with you, dude. No comparison on who's THE best ever...

DUH. You absolutely don't need to ask me on that one.
well said
Old 03-28-2007, 09:10 AM
Three Wheelin'

Well, the thing is...when it comes to sports and the media, people and writers forget easily. Some guy scores a bazillion points for a few games and "OH L@@K!!!! NEW COMING OF MJ...!!!! YEAH YEAH!!"

I mean, c'mon...it was just yesterday that Grant Hill was the next MJ. Oops. Then, it was Vince Carter. Oops. Then it was Tracy McGrady. Oops. Then it was LeBron James...kinda pending. But, oops. And NOW, the flavor of the week is back to Kobe again...All of this is to me, horseturd.

Kobe IMO is at best a Dominique Wilkins...and I'll probably get razed for this. But, that's the best I'll give him credit for. And believe me both are amazing players. But, the thing is, Kobe has proven time and time again (and look up any of his points scored) that when he plays against a team that has REALLY tough defence like the Bulls or Pistons...he wilts. He'll throw up a bazillion shots and maybe score 18-20. That's hardly Jordan-esque. MJ had to go against the bulldozing Knicks and Pistons often and still put up great numbers...I'm with you, dude. No comparison on who's THE best ever...

DUH. You absolutely don't need to ask me on that one.
Dominique......ouch, that's harsh! Kobe is not the next coming of Jordan, but I sure as hell put him in a higher category than Nique. There’s nothing he can do for playing in today’s NBA, which is a finesse league at best. IMO, he would have been just as effective in the old NBA too. Remember, they let offensive players get away with more too, so his mystery flailing elbows would have been We will never know though, and even though I recognize who the GOAT is...I still acknowledge that Kobe is a cut above the rest in today's NBA. Jordan has said much himself that Kobe is the best player in the league with KG a close second. Who knows though, we all know how great an eye for talent MJ has.

In regards to Dwight Howard...he reminds me a lot of Shaq when he was with the Magic. Very talented but very raw. Once he expands his arsenal like Shaq did, he will be a force to be reckoned with.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by cazzy
Dominique......ouch, that's harsh! Kobe is not the next coming of Jordan, but I sure as hell put him in a higher category than Nique. There’s nothing he can do for playing in today’s NBA, which is a finesse league at best. IMO, he would have been just as effective in the old NBA too. Remember, they let offensive players get away with more too, so his mystery flailing elbows would have been We will never know though, and even though I recognize who the GOAT is...I still acknowledge that Kobe is a cut above the rest in today's NBA. Jordan has said much himself that Kobe is the best player in the league with KG a close second. Who knows though, we all know how great an eye for talent MJ has.

In regards to Dwight Howard...he reminds me a lot of Shaq when he was with the Magic. Very talented but very raw. Once he expands his arsenal like Shaq did, he will be a force to be reckoned with.
I would put Kobe possibly around the same level or near at either Larry Bird, Barkley, Pippen, or the Mailman. But, he's not again at the same level as MJ, Magic, or Dr. J yet.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:39 PM
Keeping emos out of

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
An Oldie but a goodie about Kobe Therapist Bryant

Dear Kobe
Dear Kobe... ** Must read ESPN article **

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn, this call calls him out in this article.

Dear Kobe:

Hey, buddy. How ya doing? My name is Jason Whitlock. I'm a 37-year-old sports fan and sports writer. We've never formally met; and, to be quite honest, I've never really liked you. I'm a Shaq guy. The Big Diesel just always seemed more real than you. I didn't like the way you treated Shaq. Yes, he could be a bit lazy, and he should've reported to camp in better shape. But Shaq is a good guy; and had you shown him the proper respect, he would've given you the respect you wanted.

It hasn't been the easiest of times for Kobe Bryant.
Hey, let me get to the reason I'm writing. I'm not writing to bash you. I'm writing because my opinion of you ... hold on, I'm writing because my dislike toward you has softened considerably over the past couple of months. I feel sorry for you. It seems as if the whole world has turned against you. No one in the league likes you. You've pushed your family away. Even mild-mannered Phil Jackson has taken shots at you.

You need a friend, Kobe. You need a mentor. You need an older black male in your life to provide you with some guidance. I'm the spokesperson for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City. BBBS matches Little Brothers with Big Brothers. I figured I could be your Big Brother, a mentor willing to share some hard truths with you.

I know that Dr. Jerry Buss has been giving you some advice. But Dr. Buss is a little ... eccentric. He isn't what you need at this time. You need some counseling from an older male who has street smarts, a head for The Game. You remind me of Stringer Bell. Do you watch "The Wire," Kobe? It's a great show on HBO. Pat Riley loves it. Stringer was the big star on "The Wire." He was a Baltimore drug dealer who was trying to get out of The Game, but greed, ambition and a lack of common sense cost him his life. Stringer did all sorts of dumb crap and crossed all the wrong people. He put himself on an island because he thought he was smarter than The Game.

More on Kobe
Page 2's Skip Bayless says Kobe Bryant's more talented than MJ - but not nearly as smart.
Kobe, you don't want to end up like Stringer Bell. He got his cap peeled by a gay stickup man and a bean-pie salesman. Had Stringer sought the advice of an older man, he could've walked away from The Game and become a real-estate tycoon.

Obviously, Kobe, you're in a different Game than Stringer Bell. But the Game you're in has stakes that are just as high, maybe even higher. You're in a Game called marriage, and you're playing it all wrong. Actually, you're just getting played. Vanessa, your young wife, has you strung all the way out. That $4 million adultery ring you bought her a year ago was a gigantic mistake. And allowing her to pick a fight for you with Karl Malone is a colossal error.

Your wife has the upper hand. You know this. You got busted trickin' off. You made matters considerably worse by admitting to your wife that you tricked off. Look, I don't care what you told the police. I don't care what you told your lawyers or the prosecutors in Colorado. You should've never confessed to your wife. When it comes to extracurriculars in a marriage, it is far better to live a lie than suffer the consequences of the truth. Ask Bill Clinton, the author of "Trickin' Ain't Easy."

Vanessa is going to be pushing your buttons for the rest of your married life. She's not letting it go. She can't. Karl Malone did not try to get with your wife. Your wife baited Karl into some harmless flirtation.

"Whatcha huntin' Cowboy?"

What was Karl supposed to say? He thinks he's jabbering with a friend so he cracks a joke. Vanessa blew this thing out of proportion because she's still angry with you. A $4-million ring doesn't take the pain or embarrassment away. The only things that will ease that pain and embarrassment are a divorce and half of your money.

Kobe's the puppet right now -- and Vanessa's pulling the strings.
Kobe, your wife won't stop making a fool out of you until she believes you look as foolish as she did holding your hand at the press conference when you first answered charges that you raped a hotel desk clerk. She's gonna have you chasing mystery enemies for the rest of your life. She'll send herself flowers and tell you they're from Shaq. You'll catch her with a bag of weed and she'll say The Zen Master had it shipped to her from Mexico. Don't be surprised if she starts cooing about the size of Gary Payton's glove or how cute Ray Allen is. She's probably writing letters to Suge Knight in jail.

She isn't going to let you sleep at night, because she isn't sleeping herself. You're out on the road, getting checked in by a different hotel clerk every night. It doesn't matter how many times you talk to her on your cell phone. It doesn't matter how many text messages you send. You got busted, and you compounded the error by confessing. She's bitter and vindictive.

Kobe, you need to learn to keep your mouth shut. You talk too much. Damn, dude, when the police asked you what happened between you and a 19-year-old, you ran off at the mouth and dragged Shaq's reputation through the mud. You're making a fool out of yourself, Kobe.

Tell Jim Gray: no more interviews. Quit talking to reporters. Stay off of ESPN. Kornheiser and Wilbon are great guys, but five good minutes for them are just five more bad minutes for you. And, my God, what were you thinking when you let Stephen A., John Saunders and Greg Anthony grill you on "NBA Shootaround?" I know your buddy at the L.A. Times, T.J. Simers, is one guy you feel is on your side. But he's playing you, too. Every time you open your mouth to T.J. and confirm a juicy story, you're just putting money in T.J.'s pocket and making yourself look like a buster.

Kobe, there's a big difference between a man who runs his house and a man who runs around the house. How do you play basketball when you spend all day and all night running around the house to put out the fires that Vanessa starts?

You owe The Mailman an apology. If your wife didn't leave the mailbox wide open, The Mailman would've never bothered her.

Your friend,

Jason
Old 03-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Do you have any additional original thoughts on this or do you just want to post what I saw in the Similar Thread section.

Last edited by cazzy; 03-30-2007 at 02:45 PM.