My car wont unlock and/or start with the keyfob

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 07:42 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car wont unlock and/or start with the keyfob

Hi I had an issue this after noon when I tried to unlock my car it did nothing even using the buttons on the key fob. I had to use the physical key in the door to unlock and when i tried to turn the ignition I couldn't its like I had no electrical power at all in the car but when I used the phisical hey in the ignition it worked but the alarm system went on i had to take off the horn fuse. To put the car on drive I had to put a screwdriver in the tow switch near the shifter. When I drive the car in the dash it flash "check keyless entry system" and "check SH-AWD" and the screen of the gps stays off. I cannot lock or unlock the doors at all with the key fob or even with the switch inside the door (the one that control all the dors). This morning everything was fine. My batteries in the key fob and the battery in the car are brand new I juste changed it I tought it was the problem.
Can someone help me?
Thanks.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:33 PM

Received 612 Likes on 490 Posts
Did you change the car battery after this happened or before? Are your battery terminals secure?
Old 03-14-2018, 02:13 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by projektvertx
Did you change the car battery after this happened or before? Are your battery terminals secure?
I changed it after the problem appeared.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 168 Likes on 140 Posts
Confirmed the keyfob battery is not dead?
Old 03-14-2018, 03:31 PM
Fk no!TheyldstroyEvrthing

Received 226 Likes on 191 Posts
Originally Posted by Marcel-Andre Vincent
Hi I had an issue this after noon when I tried to unlock my car it did nothing even using the buttons on the key fob. I had to use the physical key in the door to unlock and when i tried to turn the ignition I couldn't its like I had no electrical power at all in the car but when I used the phisical hey in the ignition it worked but the alarm system went on i had to take off the horn fuse. To put the car on drive I had to put a screwdriver in the tow switch near the shifter. When I drive the car in the dash it flash "check keyless entry system" and "check SH-AWD" and the screen of the gps stays off. I cannot lock or unlock the doors at all with the key fob or even with the switch inside the door (the one that control all the dors). This morning everything was fine. My batteries in the key fob and the battery in the car are brand new I juste changed it I tought it was the problem.
Can someone help me?
Thanks.
Open the fuse box below the steering wheel on the left wall and change fuse number 7. Are you in cold weather?

If the fuse bursts again, then, which door handle was sometimes working sometimes not? Disconnect it. All will work again.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:42 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by RL09
Open the fuse box below the steering wheel on the left wall and change fuse number 7. Are you in cold weather?

If the fuse bursts again, then, which door handle was sometimes working sometimes not? Disconnect it. All will work again.
Thanks it solved the problem it's the passenger side door handle that is shorted i unplugged it and changed the fuse and evrything is back to normal
Old 03-14-2018, 04:13 PM
Fk no!TheyldstroyEvrthing

Received 226 Likes on 191 Posts
Originally Posted by Marcel-Andre Vincent
Thanks it solved the problem it's the passenger side door handle that is shorted i unplugged it and changed the fuse and evrything is back to normal
Wow. In 11 minutes? You're fast man

Had you already found the thread on it or what?