anyway to hit unlock button on remote and unlock all doors with one click?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 06:41 AM
Jersey ---> Maryland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyway to hit unlock button on remote and unlock all doors with one click?

do u guys know if that is possible?

thanks!
Old 08-19-2003, 06:45 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
push unlockbutton twice. 1st time unlocks driver door, second unlocks all other doors. 3rd time rolls down all windows.
Old 08-19-2003, 06:50 AM
Jersey ---> Maryland

Originally posted by miner
push unlockbutton twice. 1st time unlocks driver door, second unlocks all other doors. 3rd time rolls down all windows.
i already know that...im asking if its possible to program it to unlock all the doors with just one click...not two.

thanks though!
Old 08-19-2003, 08:02 AM
Über Geek

Is the 2nd click THAT much trouble?

I know we have a lot of engineers on here. Maybe one can tell us the FRACTION of a Newton of force it takes to push the button. Sheeesh.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:14 AM
Jersey ---> Maryland

Originally posted by captainjack
Is the 2nd click THAT much trouble?

I know we have a lot of engineers on here. Maybe one can tell us the FRACTION of a Newton of force it takes to push the button. Sheeesh.
its not that much trouble...but i like having the one click. the button is small for my fat fingers...so sometimes it takes a few pushes to get the 2 clicks.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:33 AM
Racer

Originally posted by JaTe
its not that much trouble...but i like having the one click. the button is small for my fat fingers...so sometimes it takes a few pushes to get the 2 clicks.
try using your pinky
Old 08-19-2003, 05:43 PM
Racer

try this.......press the button once

if it works then that is your solution

it it doesn't then it is not possible

Old 08-19-2003, 06:20 PM
Jersey ---> Maryland

wow...thanks to those that tried to help...i appreciate it.

everyone else can

on my audi, it was programmable on how u want it. i merely asked if it was possible to do it on the tsx. useless comments are not needed.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:53 PM
More On

......sometimes it takes a few pushes to get the 2 clicks.
I think you need to practice.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:12 PM
Racer

wow...thanks to those that tried to help...i appreciate it.

everyone else can

on my audi, it was programmable on how u want it. i merely asked if it was possible to do it on the tsx. useless comments are not needed.

Lately there have been a lot of posts from these people. It's starting to get annoying, especially when someone asks a simple question.

As for the two-button push, I'd call the dealer. When I had my VW the dealer hooked up their machine and changed the settings.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:48 AM
More On

Originally posted by ssm_tsx
Lately there have been a lot of posts from these people. It's starting to get annoying, especially when someone asks a simple question. .....
Good point, but I think I have a good answer.

Can't we have some fun at the same time? I hope it didn't seem like it was at anybody's expense -- certainly it wasn't intended to be.

And, SSM, suppose we just took it seriously, and answered it just directly.
There would have been just one reply on this thread, and it would have read:

NO

You don't mean to tell me you think that would have been better, do ya?

Old 08-20-2003, 01:10 AM
Pro

my advise
get ready
can u handle it
here it is
consult the manual

Did it on moms Benz, just gotta read

annoying sometimes
Might have to hold lock and unlock together and hold them for a few seconds while aiming at the car
if it is eve doable
Old 08-20-2003, 01:29 AM
Racer

Originally posted by larchmont
Good point, but I think I have a good answer.

Can't we have some fun at the same time? I hope it didn't seem like it was at anybody's expense -- certainly it wasn't intended to be.

And, SSM, suppose we just took it seriously, and answered it just directly.
There would have been just one reply on this thread, and it would have read:

NO

You don't mean to tell me you think that would have been better, do ya?

hey, my post wasn't directed to you, in anyway. It just seems that everytime someone asks a question around here no real answer is given.
Old 08-20-2003, 01:38 AM
More On

Originally posted by ssm_tsx
hey, my post wasn't directed to you, in anyway. It just seems that everytime someone asks a question around here no real answer is given.
Thanks, but actually I think that what you said did fit with my posts here.

Anyway -- on this thread, he DID get the real answer, real fast. It was "no." (Yeah, it wasn't said in just that one word, but basically that's what he was told.) And then we had some fun.
Old 08-20-2003, 02:25 AM
Bound for Europe

The question just begged for an answer like...

I have actually taken apart the fob and with my micro insturments and have managed to re-route the microchip into fuse dilecta switch mode. This enables the signal to be vertically reflected and wormholed into another dimension where your same TSX unlocks its four doors with a push of the unlock button once. As the signal transflexes and rehashes at midpoint of equator apex, not a half second has passed since you pressed the unlock button, and your TSX unlocks its four doors. Unfortunately, I have not yet refined the cuticle transition so on occassion the trunk also releases and the AM/FM tuner powers up to a religious rock station, volume 26, bass -o, treble +2.
Old 08-20-2003, 02:40 AM
More On

Originally posted by Soze75
.....I have actually taken apart the fob and with my micro insturments and have managed to re-route the microchip into fuse dilecta switch mode. This enables the signal to be vertically reflected and wormholed into another dimension where your same TSX unlocks its four doors with a push of the unlock button once. As the signal transflexes and rehashes at midpoint of equator apex, not a half second has passed since you pressed the unlock button, and your TSX unlocks its four doors. Unfortunately, I have not yet refined the cuticle transition so on occassion the trunk also releases and the AM/FM tuner powers up to a religious rock station, volume 26, bass -o, treble +2.
Not bad, not bad. I took the liberty of also putting this over here:

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...6474#post26474
Old 08-20-2003, 08:29 AM
Über Geek

Hey Jate, I was just having some fun like Larch said. I didn't mean to insult you, just give a friendly jab. No hard feelings.

Hey, I was poking fun at all of us. Our biggest complaints: the TSX conveniences aren't convenient enough. I'm guilty too: I've never even HAD remote entry before and now I bitch that the fob's too big.

"Whaaaaa, my uterus hurts!"

We have some great problems, don't we?
Old 08-20-2003, 08:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah i dont like the fob either...dont know why they didnt just make it like the accord fob, key and fob in one!!! but then i wouldnt have anything to bitch about :P
Old 08-20-2003, 10:41 AM
10th Gear

Hey I haven't read the manual fully (at least the section about how the fob works I kinda skipped over).

So 1st unlocks the drivers, 2nd unlocks them all. This is pretty standard.

Is it when you hold down unlock for the 3rd time that all the windows roll down? Or can you do it anytime?

Also, sometimes my doors seem to relock after I've pressed unlock on the fob. Like when I unlock the doors and take awhile getting to the car.

I guess I could look it up in the manual and probably should considering the bunch of ruffians out here answering questions....but i'm at work and can't get to my manual right now.
Old 08-20-2003, 10:49 AM
Jersey ---> Maryland

Originally posted by snapier
Hey I haven't read the manual fully (at least the section about how the fob works I kinda skipped over).

So 1st unlocks the drivers, 2nd unlocks them all. This is pretty standard.

Is it when you hold down unlock for the 3rd time that all the windows roll down? Or can you do it anytime?

Also, sometimes my doors seem to relock after I've pressed unlock on the fob. Like when I unlock the doors and take awhile getting to the car.

I guess I could look it up in the manual and probably should considering the bunch of ruffians out here answering questions....but i'm at work and can't get to my manual right now.
if u hold unlock during the 2nd press...it will roll down the windows also.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:32 AM
More On

......and, about the doors re-locking if you don't open them after a little while (30 seconds):
Yeah, that's supposed to happen, as a "safety" measure. Most of us find it a pain in the butt.

IMO, 60 seconds would be good enough, and a lot better.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

I hate this feature, and to say it's safer is pure bs.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:57 AM
10th Gear

also my car beeps at me occassionally (it might be everytime but i'm ont sure) when i open the door to get in. it's the same type of beeping like if i left the keys in ignition or the headlights on.

is this normal?
Old 08-21-2003, 11:00 AM
More On

Originally posted by snapier
also my car beeps at me occasionally (it might be everytime but i'm ont sure) when i open the door to get in. it's the same type of beeping like if i left the keys in ignition or the headlights on.

is this normal?
Welcome, snapier. Lucky for you, we know the answer to this because some of us wondered about it too, and some others sort of knew the answer, then some of us tested it out and we all reported back.

This happens if you open the car with your remote and then open a door immediately, and it is normal. The reason it happens: When you unlock the car like that, the lights flash a couple of times, and until the lights are done flashing, the car acts as if the lights were on, and if you open the door with the lights on, you get those beeps.

Aren't you glad you asked?
Old 08-21-2003, 02:32 PM
10th Gear

ahhh i see. thanks for the answer! i don't think i'm qualified to handle a fob. i miss just using my key to open the door. but then of course the area around the door gets all kind of key marks (from it being dark / me being drunk and fumbling around)