Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota & Washington State

All Oregon Chat #2 Chat about Rain, Cars, and Rained on Cars!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 09:15 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by bluecarbonfiber
was looking at my tires today noticed the insides are worn again UGH.. had an alignment maybe a year ago all was well dont know what happened but they are chewed now.. ordered up some now front ones.. guess ill have to put the front camber kit on and reallign again =/ what a pain
Good to hear I'm not the only one.
Originally Posted by Rapture

Anyways, I think I understand why people get road rage now. I got cut off by some dumbass in a Dodge Ram 435348900 towing a big trailer. Moron switched lanes right in front of me and came (literally) about 2 inches from hitting my car. I don't mean the trailer behind him came within 2 inches, his truck did. So the lane change was just ridiculous negligence on his part. Anyways, he switches from the far right lane, through my lane, to the left turn lane, then gets stopped at a red light. I pass him by, give him a dose of the horn + the middle finger (always good measure) and he just sat there, eyes forward, pretending it all didn't happen.
That's funny, did that truck happen to be red in color? Cause that asshole cut me off today on the way to work.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:52 AM
WTF?

Received 243 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Marco
Good to hear I'm not the only one.

That's funny, did that truck happen to be red in color? Cause that asshole cut me off today on the way to work.

i think its the front cause all the weight is up there.. the rear end looks brand new. depending on the time i have monday i am going to check the ride height.. was searching around and seems like my back end should be alittle lower.. also might change the front end and add my front camber kit to get it over with.. i really didnt want to go through all the work but if it gets me through the summer and part of the winter might as well..

Any one with a TSX still have your old shocks wanting to sell 1 of them to me? i think i need to replace my rear one for when i go back to stock
Old 04-17-2013, 10:20 AM
Suzuka Master

I used to work on my own car. Now that I'm old and lazy, I don't even want to crawl underneath it to see what needs fixin'.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:25 AM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
i think its the front cause all the weight is up there.. the rear end looks brand new. depending on the time i have monday i am going to check the ride height.. was searching around and seems like my back end should be alittle lower.. also might change the front end and add my front camber kit to get it over with.. i really didnt want to go through all the work but if it gets me through the summer and part of the winter might as well..

Any one with a TSX still have your old shocks wanting to sell 1 of them to me? i think i need to replace my rear one for when i go back to stock
Changing ride height again eh...

What's this talk of going back to stock?
Old 04-17-2013, 11:14 AM
WTF?

Originally Posted by clee109
Changing ride height again eh...

What's this talk of going back to stock?
i know

havent you been paying attention? haha i plan to trade in the car after i buy a newer truck.. need the truck first and pay it off.. then trade car in for something newer.. the car is getting dated..
Old 04-17-2013, 11:38 AM
I Quit

Me pay attention? Never.

I've paid a lot of attention to the past year and a half rabble rousing over an rdx, but have yet to see anything lol . I figured you were in my boat, like, yeah want a new car but still nothing suits my fancy.

Love Jay's RDX, but like my TSX better still.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Suzuka Master

Why are you all buying new shit? If it still rolls, keep it. Drive that little car into the ground. Or at least untill the repairs will cost more than the car. I plan on getting every $$$$$ out of both those money pits.
If I trade it will be right before the tranny/rear dif gives out.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I love my RDX too, still tapping my foot waiting for Hondata to come out with a reflash for it. Damned 2012's... I poked Doug about it yesterday and he wrote back "Next on the to do list - honest.". I WANT IT NAO.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:33 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
I LOVE MY PRIUS SO BAD TOO

I think 90% we will buy the Prius this Saturday.
Everything on the FX will need to be parted out before that. Only few days left.
Will have to drive to Portland after work today to get the Unichip out. Friend at the FX forum will help out to cut and re-weld all the ecu wires.

Wife loves the Prius. She wanted a white with black leather car for herself and something smaller than the FX with better mpg. And I like it that I can focus modding TSX rather than trying to do both.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:43 PM
WTF?

Originally Posted by mucter
I love my RDX too, still tapping my foot waiting for Hondata to come out with a reflash for it. Damned 2012's... I poked Doug about it yesterday and he wrote back "Next on the to do list - honest.". I WANT IT NAO.
Flashpro!!!

Originally Posted by minkl81
I LOVE MY PRIUS SO BAD TOO

I think 90% we will buy the Prius this Saturday.
Everything on the FX will need to be parted out before that. Only few days left.
Will have to drive to Portland after work today to get the Unichip out. Friend at the FX forum will help out to cut and re-weld all the ecu wires.

Wife loves the Prius. She wanted a white with black leather car for herself and something smaller than the FX with better mpg. And I like it that I can focus modding TSX rather than trying to do both.
that black one you posted a picture of looks tastefully done.. i dont think it can get any better then that.. so you might have your work cut out for you
Old 04-17-2013, 01:00 PM
Safety Car

I found out there are tons of jdm parts available for the Prius last night. Even Injen makes a short ram intake for it. Gonna stop browsing after the purchase because of that. Too much tempting beautiful parts. hahaha. Just tint the windows, fill up gas and go, period.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:42 PM
WTF?

an intake might help the gas mileage.. and you have to open up that quarter size hole of an exhaust to help too =)
Old 04-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Suzuka Master

With all the money you guys spend on aftermarket parts, I don't see how you could possibly have room in the budget for hookers and blow.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:22 PM
WTF?

bitches are free if you have a sweet ride =)
Old 04-17-2013, 03:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Funny, I don't get the double takes I used to get when I'd drive by the JR High School.

Now they just ask me who's Dad I am.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:08 PM
WTF?

haha get asked all the time what college i am going to.. i dont get carded as much so i know i look over 21... i need to probably hit the gym alittle and maybe shorten my hair up again and i am sure i will look 15 years younger
Old 04-17-2013, 03:29 PM
Safety Car

bitches are free if you have a sweet ride =)
fo sho. but no more after wife's radar. marriage..

haha get asked all the time what college i am going to.. i dont get carded as much so i know i look over 21... i need to probably hit the gym alittle and maybe shorten my hair up again and i am sure i will look 15 years younger
15 is asking too much. maybe 5. plus face will look older with all the fats gone. haha
Old 04-17-2013, 03:32 PM
Suzuka Master

I think some weight loss would certainly do me some good. Carrie ordered pizza the other night. She told me she was going to make Sloppy Joe's, but when I got home she said, "I ordered a pizza, do you have a twenty?"
Then when I coughed up the money she said, "Don't take off your pants yet, I don't want the pizza guy to see me without a bra on."
Old 04-17-2013, 04:02 PM
WTF?

^ haha.. funny how that happens, your money you do the work.. i might have to give up pizza night on fridays for a bit and resort to subway instead.. but pizzas and burgers are sooooooooo darn yummy!! i blame my parents for never getting it for me when i was younger..
Old 04-17-2013, 05:00 PM
WTF?

looks like our weather report changed, wont beable to wash the car till monday or tuesday
Old 04-17-2013, 05:25 PM
I Quit

The Prius comes engineered for max gas mileage. My assumption is that any type of mod (even simple as wheels and tires) will decrease that estimated mileage...

Marco, my TSX has 91k of all my miles on the odo, I wish to drop it before the 100k tune up bill lol. So I would consider I have driven it till the wheels fall off, or so to speak, drove it till it cost me money lol
Old 04-17-2013, 05:39 PM
WTF?

only 100k thing you really need to do is look over the serp belt, check the valve height and change the fluids.. timing chain doesnt need to be done till it stretches.. reaching 100k on my car now. i need to still do my valves.. my belt probably needs a change i notice its starting to get out of spec range.. ill probably hold off on the belt unless i start getting a knock from it..
Old 04-17-2013, 07:46 PM
Safety Car

Received 214 Likes on 143 Posts
I think so. He was hauling a big black trailer. Like maybe it had some ATV kind of equipment inside. Something big, definitely.

it happens all to often.. yet they all have licenses. sometimes i wish i had the power to write people tickets when i see them do something stupid
Exactly why I think driving violations should be taken much more seriously. If you get cited for reckless driving or have a mountain of speeding tickets you're still allowed to keep your driving priviledges at some point or on some level... Take it away for life, I say. Maybe that'll mean more money for public transit...
Old 04-17-2013, 11:00 PM
I Quit

Well hold on now, when I was younger (16 - 18), I had street racing, reckless driving and speeding tickets on my record, now at my age (28) with two kiddos in tow I drive like a normal person. However under your rule I would have been banned for life.

Been ticket free (knocks on wood) for nearly 10 years. So through excessive insurance rates and the police running my plates and pulling me over for anything they could find for years, I cleaned up my act.

Sure that driver was an ass and there are a lot of them, there isn't a whole lot you can do. They may change their ways, or simply had a bad day. I can usually see these folks coming and just slow down and move out of their ways. Your mirrors are your best friends at seeing bad drivers coming my friend.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:46 AM
Safety Car

Received 214 Likes on 143 Posts
.... So my own lack of awareness is to blame for him almost ramming a 4 ton truck + trailer into my little CL? I should have seen him cutting me off from the side and moved out of his way? Having a bad day is an obnoxious excuse for being an asshole to others, btw.

And no, that's not 100% what I was getting at. I've known plenty of people (mostly women actually, lol) who brag about how many speeding tickets they've gotten, had their license suspended, reinstated, suspended again, etc. etc. If driving is a priviledge like the DMV and ODOT keeps insisting, why can't they treat it as such? If you're convicted of a DUI, why should you get your driving priviledges back so quickly?

I'm sorry, but when someone pulls that kind of shit with me, it's hard to just shrug it off so easily.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:45 AM
WTF?

^ i hold a grudge against things too.. ive had my share of stupid tickets and DWS so i probably would of lost it for life too..funny how old age just makes you think its not worth it anymore.. i still like my speed but i usually do it when traffic is free flowing and i know its not a huge deal..
Old 04-18-2013, 09:01 AM
I Quit

No, your lack of awareness is not to blame for his actions. My suggestion is that with awareness you can avoid most situations on the road. Refer to the keyword, most...

My point is that banning people for life, though sounds good, doesn't really fix the problem. Brandon and myself would be riding the bus under that system, and Jay, and Marco and probably most folks on this site.

Police can't be everywhere and probably the best deterrent is more police on the road and steeper fines. Though none of us want that because when we get pulled over its fuck the police and I didn't do shit and I was innocent blah blah.

I've been cut off by semis, old ladies and old men, teens, 20 something's, bimmer drivers, Porsche drivers, etc, probably at least once every time I hit the road. I've cut off probably all of the above and more in my driving history, and maybe even you for all I know lol

Moral of the story, don't hold grudges, life's short.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:13 AM
Suzuka Master

only 100k thing you really need to do is look over the serp belt, check the valve height and change the fluids.. timing chain doesnt need to be done till it stretches.. reaching 100k on my car now. i need to still do my valves.. my belt probably needs a change i notice its starting to get out of spec range.. ill probably hold off on the belt unless i start getting a knock from it..
+ plugs too, right?
No, your lack of awareness is not to blame for his actions. My suggestion is that with awareness you can avoid most situations on the road. Refer to the keyword, most...

My point is that banning people for life, though sounds good, doesn't really fix the problem. Brandon and myself would be riding the bus under that system, and Jay, and Marco and probably most folks on this site.

Police can't be everywhere and probably the best deterrent is more police on the road and steeper fines. Though none of us want that because when we get pulled over its fuck the police and I didn't do shit and I was innocent blah blah.

I've been cut off by semis, old ladies and old men, teens, 20 something's, bimmer drivers, Porsche drivers, etc, probably at least once every time I hit the road. I've cut off probably all of the above and more in my driving history, and maybe even you for all I know lol

Moral of the story, don't hold grudges, life's short.
Meh, watched a motorcycle purposefully cut off another motorcycle this morning. Actually, he cut over three lanes to cut the guy off, but instead the other motorcyclist just went around him in the same lane. VERY dangerous driving on BOTH parties.

I actually think taking the looser limo/shame train might help stress level.

I wish I could let it go. But I know that bitch who tailgated me this morning is gonna get keyed this afternoon while she's at work at Bed, Bath & Beyond
Old 04-18-2013, 09:49 AM
WTF?

+ plugs too, right?

ya plugs should be in there too.. i change mine sooner then that.. regardless of what people say ive noticed my plug changes in my MPG.. and ive changed them back and forth a few times.. summer i go with the rsx type s plug to handle the heat more and in the winter i go back to a stock plug.. when doing so ive noticed the plugs deff look worn ive noticed when i run the type s plugs i run cleaner then i do in the winter too..

Meh, watched a motorcycle purposefully cut off another motorcycle this morning. Actually, he cut over three lanes to cut the guy off, but instead the other motorcyclist just went around him in the same lane. VERY dangerous driving on BOTH parties.

I actually think taking the looser limo/shame train might help stress level.

I wish I could let it go. But I know that bitch who tailgated me this morning is gonna get keyed this afternoon while she's at work at Bed, Bath & Beyond
my grudges while diriving usually wear off in a day or 2.. a week ago this guy and girl (older couple) were walking there 4 weiner dogs and i am doing the speed limit (cause i know cops are always in that area in the morning) i see them jay-walking a good 150 yards away and they are maybe half way across the street when i am still a good 50 yards so that shows how slow they were walking as i get closer the dude stops in the middle of my lane to make me stop or go around him and has the fricken nerve to yell slow down.. fricken douches are everywhere.. the only thing we can do is just waive and give the finger and hope some day they wake up from the dream world they live in
Old 04-18-2013, 10:45 AM
Suzuka Master

my grudges while diriving usually wear off in a day or 2.. a week ago this guy and girl (older couple) were walking there 4 weiner dogs and i am doing the speed limit (cause i know cops are always in that area in the morning) i see them jay-walking a good 150 yards away and they are maybe half way across the street when i am still a good 50 yards so that shows how slow they were walking as i get closer the dude stops in the middle of my lane to make me stop or go around him and has the fricken nerve to yell slow down.. fricken douches are everywhere.. the only thing we can do is just waive and give the finger and hope some day they wake up from the dream world they live in
What? Don't you wish you could MadMax his ass.

For Mihn:
Old 04-18-2013, 11:02 AM
WTF?

on my last days on earth i might just do that to prove a point.. ill get a huge truck with a plow mounted to the front and drive around looking for idiots knowing my luck they will take the day off..
Old 04-18-2013, 11:14 AM
Suzuka Master

on my last days on earth i might just do that to prove a point.. ill get a huge truck with a plow mounted to the front and drive around looking for idiots knowing my luck they will take the day off..
Yep, MadMax-um
Old 04-18-2013, 11:17 AM
I Quit

Read this in a news article this morning about Boston: "The president has also issued an emergency declaration for Massachusetts. It authorized FEMA to provide assistance for emergency measures to save lives and to protect property, public health and safety."

http://www.kptv.com/story/22011542/b...rathon-bombing

Sounds a lot like martial law without congressional approval... Hrm.... Thought that was against the rules?
Old 04-18-2013, 11:34 AM
Suzuka Master

Read this in a news article this morning about Boston: "The president has also issued an emergency declaration for Massachusetts. It authorized FEMA to provide assistance for emergency measures to save lives and to protect property, public health and safety."

Sounds a lot like martial law without congressional approval... Hrm.... Thought that was against the rules?
Same thing for Hurricane Sandy. FEMA has much more control than any other agency in these situations.

Have you ever heard the joke about which car goes first at a four way stop? If four vehicles all reach a four way stop intersection at the same time, a police car, an ambulance, a fire truck, or a mail truck, which vehicle has the right of way? the mail truck right? Wrong, FEMA lands a black chopper in the middle and a bunch of guys from Academi (Blackwater) get out with gun a shoot everyone in the name of Marshall law.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:51 PM
WTF?

http://www.kptv.com/story/22011542/b...rathon-bombing

how long before they ban pressure cooker instead of guns??

BTW you look at my FB at the carbon part i am doing? was it what you thought it was??
Old 04-18-2013, 02:45 PM
I Quit

I saw it, but your pic is to damn close up to tell! Will it be ready for the meet? I'll be curious if I'm right or not
Old 04-18-2013, 02:56 PM
WTF?

ya it should be done.. waiting for sunday to come around to finish since the chance of rain is slim then..
Old 04-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Marco, my TSX has 91k of all my miles on the odo, I wish to drop it before the 100k tune up bill lol. So I would consider I have driven it till the wheels fall off, or so to speak, drove it till it cost me money lol
O_o

This is a K-series sir. The only real required maint at 100k is spark plugs. I'm sorry if you're going to sell your car so you don't have to pay $40 for some plugs. The rest of the maintenance is optional based on wear. And if you haven't already done fluids like tranny or coolant by this many miles, you're doing it wrong.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:21 PM
I Quit

Want to buy it 100k?
Old 04-18-2013, 04:25 PM
WTF?

Want to buy it 100k?
100k for the car? holy snikeys! haha

Quick Reply: All Oregon Chat #2 Chat about Rain, Cars, and Rained on Cars!