Old 08-01-2019, 11:24 AM
~HondaF1~

Received 110 Likes on 89 Posts
Duuuude!

That would have SUUUCKED.
Old 08-01-2019, 12:01 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,791 Likes on 2,555 Posts
Indeed. With how epic that race ended up being would have been terrible to have to watch it rebroadcast tape delay.
Old 08-01-2019, 02:33 PM

Received 5,490 Likes on 3,748 Posts
Chain Bear on the return of ground effect for 2021
Always enjoy how simply he explains complex scenarios.
Old 08-01-2019, 02:37 PM

Checo's been flying under the radar this season, hasn't gotten a lot of on screen time during the race(s). But, he's only been in the points 3 times in 11 races. Stroll's 4/11 with daddy's money backing him.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/p...-2020/4505173/

Sergio Perez is set to stay with the Racing Point Formula 1 in 2020 and beyond, but the Mexican insists that the deal is still being finalised.

Although Perez had been mentioned in connection with Haas, extending his stay with Racing Point has always been his main target

Some sources have suggested that an announcement is imminent, possibly as early as this weekend in Hungary.

"I think things are settling down," said Perez. "My priority will be to continue with the team.

"No, it's not done yet. We are finalising it, but you know in F1 until it's done, it's never done. So as I've said, I see very good prospects for the future, so I look forward to it."

Traditionally, Perez's deals with the former Force India team have been complicated by the parallel but separate contracts with his Mexican sponsors.

"It takes a bit longer, my deals, due to that. I think it should be a matter of time," he said.

Asked by Motorsport.com if he wanted a multi-year deal rather than to be free to look elsewhere in 2021, he said that he saw his long-term future with the team.

"I think the prospect and the ambition of the team is very big. It will be good to get a long-term deal here because I see that the team is moving forward.

"I think it works well both ways, and we ideally would like to commit for a long-term deal, and hopefully we can work out the terms and everything."

Perez admitted that the prospect of staying with the team into 2021 appeals, especially given that new rules are being introduced to level the playing field.

"I think so. When you look around it's definitely a good place to be. I've been with this team very long.

"I actually remember coming here, what a weekend I had last year in terms of all the administration process and all that happened here.

"So to come back here after one year and to see where the team is I feel very proud of that. I definitely have unfinished business although I've been with the team for a very long time I see more to come."

Old 08-01-2019, 03:40 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,231 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Formula 1 Drivers - Greatest of All Times (1950-2019)

Pretty cool to watch the current points systems applied to F1 over it's history, Lewis will be on top in the next year probably
The following 2 users liked this post by Legend2TL:
00TL-P3.2 (08-01-2019), F23A4 (08-02-2019)
Old 08-01-2019, 06:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,241 Likes on 3,677 Posts
Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2
Checo's been flying under the radar this season, hasn't gotten a lot of on screen time during the race(s). But, he's only been in the points 3 times in 11 races. Stroll's 4/11 with daddy's money backing him.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/p...-2020/4505173/

RP isn't delivering a worthy car for him to drive, he should go elsewhere, like Haas or STR. Gasly out at RBR, Kvyat in; Checo in.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:46 AM

Checo to replace Grosjean?
Seems he'd be a good fit in Haas, Renault or STR. Not sure if he has any MBZ backed contracts though.
Old 08-02-2019, 02:08 PM
AZ Community Team

The Evolution of Hybrid Technology in Formula One

1kv for the battery/inverter, pretty impressive

Last edited by Legend2TL; 08-02-2019 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:51 AM
AZ Community Team

Daddy Daniil Kvyat's Surprise Gift!

The following users liked this post:
Chief F1 Fan (08-03-2019)
Old 08-03-2019, 08:23 AM
Senior Moderator

is it me or is anyone else wondering why RP is going backwards with the infusion of more cash in the form of its new owners? Stroll and Perez out again, in Q1
00TL-P3.2 (08-05-2019)
Old 08-04-2019, 06:03 AM
Senior Moderator

If true this is wrong to me

Bottas out at MBZ, Ocon in . . . .

https://www.planetf1.com/news/esteba...t-at-mercedes/
Old 08-04-2019, 07:41 AM
Race Director

Received 3,318 Likes on 2,049 Posts
Yes, if true, it seems unfair ... but clearly Ocon (age 22) has his backers (incl Wolff) who see him (and Verstappen?) as the future and need/want to see their ROI ...

Next Q: where would Valtteri (age 29) land?
Old 08-04-2019, 08:12 AM
AZ Community Team

Bottas had 2.5 years at MB to prove his worth, he's no Rosberg. He's a very competent driver, avoids on track conflict and can challenge at times but also inconsistent in qualifying and race pace sometimes.
Time to move on and give Ocon a chance.

I suspect Bottas will wind up at Renault or Haas.

Last edited by Legend2TL; 08-04-2019 at 08:19 AM.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:55 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 842 Likes on 524 Posts
I don't mind Bottas at Redbull hahaha. A good wing man.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Problem is for him, if he takes another position within a team with a clear #1 driver he will be forever relegated to Driver #2 status in every team he ever goes to.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:31 PM
F-C
Senior Moderator

Received 1,139 Likes on 820 Posts
Originally Posted by Chief F1 Fan
is it me or is anyone else wondering why RP is going backwards with the infusion of more cash in the form of its new owners? Stroll and Perez out again, in Q1
The emergence of Alfa Romeo/Sauber with Ferrari backing and the awakening of the sleeping tiger in the form of McLaren means that things won't be easy for Racing Point. At the same time, the Mercedes power unit is beginning to lose its overwhelming advantage.
Old 08-05-2019, 07:50 AM
Senior Moderator

I agree with most of what you say F-C but remember, McLaren has the lackluster Renault engine while RP has the much better (reliability/power-wise) ICE so it's likely all chassis engineering on the McLaren side that's giving them the advantage now. Their advantage even outshines the Renault factory team.
00TL-P3.2 (08-05-2019)
Old 08-05-2019, 08:14 AM

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/t...endar/4507880/

Formula 1 teams have given their support for a 22-race calendar in 2020 with no allowance for an extra engine, says Mercedes boss Toto Wolff.

With the Spanish Grand Prix edging closer a one-year deal that will keep it on the schedule for next season, F1's owners Liberty Media are leaning toward adding one more event to the calendar

A move above 21 races requires backing from teams, and the matter was discussed during a regular Saturday morning meeting between team bosses and F1 CEO Chase Carey in Hungary on Saturday.

Speaking after the meeting, Wolff confirmed that the extra race had been approved in principle by teams on the basis that there would no fourth powertain allowed, as this could have increased costs for customer teams

"In a nutshell we basically agreed to have a 22nd race," said Wolff. "We've got to let Liberty do their business, and their business is to grow F1. If they are able to attract promoters, we've got to support them.

"So we shouldn't change the technical regulations because we have an extra race. That was the debate we had. It shouldn't be seen as an opportunity to increase the number of components.

"But equally we've got to protect our people and all of us, because it could get to a point where it's not manageable any more with one single crew. That becomes a factor that needs a solution."

With teams supporting an extra race, Liberty now needs to try to finalise a workable calendar.

The likelihood is that there could be more double-headers than originally intended, with one suggestion being that the Australian GP season opener on March 15 could be followed a week later by the Bahrain GP.

That could then be followed by the Chinese and Vietnam Grands Prix running back-to-back a fortnight later.

Old 08-05-2019, 08:15 AM

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/b...ngary/4508343/

Valtteri Bottas says that the first-lap move by Charles Leclerc that damaged the front wing of his Mercedes Formula 1 car in Hungary was “completely unnecessary.”

Bottas suffered a damaged front right endplate after Leclerc’s Ferrari clipped him as the Monegasque went past on the run up to Turn 4

The Mercedes driver kept going for a few laps but he was forced to pit at the end of lap 5 for a new front wing, which dropped him to the rear of the field.

“I was on the outside of [Max] Verstappen, so I tried to brake late, tried to go for the outside,” said the Finn, who would recover to finish eighth

“He braked late as well, so I had a bit of a lock-up, so that caused a bit of a flat spot, so going into Turn 2 I had some understeer because of that.

“But it was all OK. Lewis [Hamilton] was also on the outside, but there was still room for two of us, maybe left a bit too much because he could carry good speed into Turn 3.

“We were side-by-side, for sure he didn’t leave any room for me, so that compromised my exit out of Turn 3, I had to lift. Then on the way to Turn 4 Charles came on the right hand side and suddenly swept across, and took my front wing.

“So that was it really, it compromised the race, and losing big chunks of time in the beginning, then stopped early, going through traffic all through the race, that was really the story.”

Bottas admitted that initially he thought he might have been at fault, but he changed his mind upon reviewing replays after the race.

“At the time when it happened I thought I was just focussed on something else, and maybe didn’t see him, but it happened pretty quick. But then when I saw the onboard, and when I saw Vettel’s onboard, it was clear that I was just going straight ahead, he was on the right, and he would have been anyways ahead of me before Turn 4 going straight.

“But then suddenly he swept across and for me it was too late to react. I love hard racing, that’s for sure, but that was completely unnecessary, and for sure compromised my race. He was lucky enough not to get a puncture. That’s not how it should be.”

Leclerc, who would end up taking fourth place in the event, insisted that he wasn’t really aware of the contact.

“I don’t really know to be honest,” said the Monegasque driver. “I felt a small touch but I don’t really know what happened. I have no idea, I haven’t seen it.”

Old 08-05-2019, 08:16 AM

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/49233452

Red Bull say Pierre Gasly "desperately" needs to improve his performance in the second half of the season.

The Frenchman finished sixth in Hungary on Sunday and was lapped by team-mate Max Verstappen, who finished second.

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner said: "Pierre really needs to take some time out during the break, reflect, and take the lessons into the second part of the year.

"We desperately need him realising more of the potential of the car."

Asked whether Red Bull may need to replace Gasly, Horner said: "Our intention is to leave him in the car to the end of the year."

Hungary was the second time in four races that Verstappen - who lost out at the Hungaroring to Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton - has lapped Gasly, as it also happened when the Dutchman won in Austria at the end of June.

Red Bull's frustration is that Hungary provided an opportunity to close on Ferrari for second place in the constructors' championship, the results of which decide prize money at the end of the year.

But although Verstappen was a minute ahead of the Ferraris before a late pit stop to fit fresh tyres and take the point for fastest lap, Gasly was behind both - and was also beaten by McLaren's Carlos Sainz.

That meant Red Bull and Ferrari scored exactly the same points.

Gasly's lack of performance also limited Red Bull's strategic options in the fight with Hamilton - it meant the gap behind the two leaders was so big that the British driver had a more-than-sufficient gap to make the 'free' pit stop for fresh tyres that ultimately won him the race.

Had Gasly or the Ferraris been within 20 seconds of the leaders, that would not have been an option.

Horner said: "It's been been a frustrating weekend for Pierre. The start wasn't great, the first lap wasn't great and we shouldn't be racing Saubers [Alfa Romeos] and McLarens. We need him to be racing Ferraris and Mercedes.

"Everything we can do to try and help him achieve that is what we'll do."

He added: "It is vital for us, if we're to stand any chance of catching Ferrari, that we have him finishing further ahead.

"The problem is he's not in the mix at all. So it's not like if Lewis pitted he was going to come out behind him or anything like that. But [in Hungary] both Mercedes and Red Bull had 'one-legged' races with the team-mates out of contention."

Red Bull are notoriously ruthless with drivers who do not perform to the required standard and Horner's lukewarm endorsement suggests there is still a chance Gasly could be dropped before the end of the season.

But the difficulty for Red Bull is the lack of obvious candidates to replace him.

Their Toro Rosso junior team exists to blood young drivers in preparation for Red Bull, with Gasly himself promoted after an impressive debut season with the outfit last year.

But Toro Rosso has two drivers that on the face of it are unlikely candidates for Red Bull.

Russian Daniil Kvyat is experienced, but he has already raced for Red Bull and was dropped after four races of his second season in 2016 and replaced by Verstappen.

Kvyat was then sacked from the Red Bull programme altogether at the end of 2017, before being reinstated for this season when they had no drivers for Toro Rosso.

But he has put in solid performances on his return, and scored an unlikely podium in the wet in Germany last month.

The other Toro Rosso driver is Anglo-Thai Alexander Albon, who has impressed in his debut season this year by already performing at Kvyat's level - and sometimes ahead.

Albon has obvious potential but Red Bull would almost certainly think it was too early to promote him before the end of this season - and perhaps even as early as next year.

Last month, Horner said of Albon: "He's doing a good job. He's raw and he needs time. But I think he's genuinely doing a pretty decent job in his rookie season."

Beyond that, they would have to look to an experienced driver from another team, but that would probably have to wait until next season.
Old 08-05-2019, 08:16 AM

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/42991...emselves-.html

Lewis Hamilton has responded to Nico Rosberg's recent comments about Max Verstappen being the best driver on the grid by revealing he has never seen his YouTube videos and referenced his record in his defence

Hamilton and Rosberg had a frosty relationship, to say the least when they were teammates at Mercedes. It all came to a head during the 2016 season which saw a series of controversial incidents, culminating in a dramatic final race in Abu Dhabi. Rosberg won the World Championship and immediately retired whilst Hamilton has gone on to win two more Drivers' Championships and seems set to win another.

Nowadays, Rosberg combines punditry with making YouTube videos and in his recent videos has fired a number of jibes at Hamilton as well as describing Max Verstappen as the fastest man on the grid.

Following Hamilton's victory in Hungary, the five-time World Champion responded to the videos insisting they have no influence on him.

"But it does not affect my life," Hamilton said after the Hungarian Grand Prix as quoted by MotorsportTotal.com.

"I think my results speak for themselves.

"There are always people who were not as successful as me and want to have a little talk, but that's okay.

Hamilton went on to quote a book that he had read, adding: "When you say something about someone else, it's usually not about the other, but about yourself."
Old 08-05-2019, 09:54 AM
F-C
Senior Moderator

I agree with most of what you say F-C but remember, McLaren has the lackluster Renault engine while RP has the much better (reliability/power-wise) ICE so it's likely all chassis engineering on the McLaren side that's giving them the advantage now. Their advantage even outshines the Renault factory team.
Big embarrassment for Renault at this stage. Ricciardo must be kicking himself.
Old 08-05-2019, 10:40 AM
Race Director

Received 3,318 Likes on 2,049 Posts
Originally Posted by F-C
And Sainz, Jr. sittin' pretty .... poor Danny Ricc ... and Hulk for that matter ....
Old 08-05-2019, 10:41 AM

I get why he wanted out of RBR, and he's said he didn't expect the Renault to be at the front this season. I doubt many expected the surge from McLaren, though.
Russell starting to get a bit more out of the Williams, but not sure if the higher positions are Williams improvement or bad runs by the back of the midfield.

Hopefully Renault starts making improvements soon.
Old 08-05-2019, 12:15 PM
F-C
Senior Moderator

Not much discussion about the actual race yesterday. I'm out of breath.

The Mercedes is clearly still the best car, but I was really surprised by how quick the Red Bull was. It wasn't a wet race or an extreme heat race, but the Red Bull was clearly able to keep pace with the Mercedes. I think if Hamilton got pole, he would have been able to stretch an advantage over Verstappen. Kudos to the engine upgrade from Honda.

On the flip side, it looks like Ferrari is just going backwards. No where near the pace of Mercedes and Red Bull.
Old 08-05-2019, 02:11 PM

Honda has made some big strides, and I'm sure the RBR chassis helps quite a bit.
I was a bit shocked that there was no investigation at all on the BOT/LEC contact. Leclerc made a pretty quick sweep across Bottas' wing.
Not a bad recovery drive from Bottas, 20-8.

I was at the commentary during the KVY/ALB fight, about Steiner seeing it & bringing it up in the next meeting "This is how you race your teammate"
Old 08-06-2019, 06:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by F-C
Agreed 1000%. I love Danny Ricc and seeing him in the predicament he's in at Renault is watching talent get flushed down the toilet.
F23A4 (08-06-2019)
Old 08-06-2019, 07:54 AM
AZ Community Team

Wondering not only when Hamilton will eclipse Schumacher's 91 wins, but if he'll be the first to get 100+ wins?
Expect the 91/92 sometime next year.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:23 AM
Senior Moderator

^^ I've been thinking about that the last few years myself.
Old 08-06-2019, 10:08 AM
F-C
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Legend2TL
Wondering not only when Hamilton will eclipse Schumacher's 91 wins, but if he'll be the first to get 100+ wins?
Expect the 91/92 sometime next year.
If we get 22 races a year, it's certainly doable. Just imagine, if you get a dominant car, and a team mate that can't match you, you could be looking at around 40 wins in two years!

It's kind of meaningless in a way using win totals to compare drivers simply because of the different number of races there are these days. For example, take a look a Juan Manuel Fangio. Fangio "only" has 24 wins in F1, but his win rate was 46%. So if you apply his 46% win rate to Hamilton's number of races entered (241), you can extrapolate that Fangio could have had a total of 111+ victories.
Chief F1 Fan (08-07-2019)
Old 08-06-2019, 12:15 PM

Saw one of those timelined bar charts yesterday that ran it both ways, actual wins & 'normalized' wins. Will have to see if I can find * post it up.
Old 08-06-2019, 12:23 PM
AZ Community Team

McLaren's 1980s F1 innovation every team still uses today

There's a video where John Barnard discusses the discovery of the reduced drag and increased downforce of the wasp/coke bottle rear section.
Discovered late at night while testing something else.
Old 08-06-2019, 12:48 PM
F-C
Senior Moderator

The coke shape is much more dramatic than back then. It'd be interesting if there was a compilation of top down views of F1 cars over the last 20 years.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by F-C
The coke shape is much more dramatic than back then. It'd be interesting if there was a compilation of top down views of F1 cars over the last 20 years.
I posted something like that a while ago. IIRC, it was Ferrari F1 from 1950 to current with the major models, top down. Not in the Historic F1 thread that I could find, maybe in the Ferrari thread in the Car Talk...
Old 08-06-2019, 11:38 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 842 Likes on 524 Posts
Problem is for him, if he takes another position within a team with a clear #1 driver he will be forever relegated to Driver #2 status in every team he ever goes to.
Yea for sure. However, I just don't see him being a #1 driver at any top team. He just does not seem to have what it takes to be the #1 driver at a top team. I can't see him being better than Hamilton (obviously), Verstappen, Vettel, Leclerc, Ricciardo, etc.

Haha I don't know why Hamilton got so worked up by what Rosberg says. Rosberg praises Hamilton a lot in his other videos too. Rosberg is a full-time YouTuber now covering F1 topics and he can certainly say whatever he wants. FWIW, most of the time I do agree with what he says. And on current form, Max is arguably the best driver on the grid. It's really up for debate whether who would win more consistently if they are in the same team. But I can definitely see where Rosberg is coming from.

Originally Posted by F-C
Not much discussion about the actual race yesterday. I'm out of breath.

The Mercedes is clearly still the best car, but I was really surprised by how quick the Red Bull was. It wasn't a wet race or an extreme heat race, but the Red Bull was clearly able to keep pace with the Mercedes. I think if Hamilton got pole, he would have been able to stretch an advantage over Verstappen. Kudos to the engine upgrade from Honda.

On the flip side, it looks like Ferrari is just going backwards. No where near the pace of Mercedes and Red Bull.
The fact that the RB was also over a minute in front of the Ferraris is great. It wasn't long ago that RB was trying to catch Ferrari. Then again, most predicted that MB would dominate in Hungary and that Ferrari would be relatively slow because of the many low speed corners. It's a track that suits Mercedes and exposes the weakness of the Ferrari. I think Ferrari will be much more competitive in Spa and Monza.
Old 08-07-2019, 07:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,667 Likes on 931 Posts
Re: HAM's quote on ROS, when it comes to the media there's always the question of context when 'sound bites' are in play. The headline 'Fires Back' conjures up images of the Fuhrer at the Krupp factory circa 1936; presumably HAM was not quite as demonstrative.

That said, there's a fairly large contingent of folks who have questioned some (or all) of his body of work....some for obvious yet unstated reasons.

As I do subscribe to ROS's YouTube channel, I do find him to be fairly objective giving HAM his due on many occasions.
Old 08-07-2019, 09:09 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by F-C
If we get 22 races a year, it's certainly doable. Just imagine, if you get a dominant car, and a team mate that can't match you, you could be looking at around 40 wins in two years!

It's kind of meaningless in a way using win totals to compare drivers simply because of the different number of races there are these days. For example, take a look a Juan Manuel Fangio. Fangio "only" has 24 wins in F1, but his win rate was 46%. So if you apply his 46% win rate to Hamilton's number of races entered (241), you can extrapolate that Fangio could have had a total of 111+ victories.
Different era so it's hard to compare but Hamilton is at 33.6% which in of itself is still amazing like Jim Clark ratio. IMO, Hamilton will likely be comapre in the top 5 drivers of all time along with Fangio, Clark, Senna, and Prost.
Reason I don't have Schumacher there is because of his sporting controversies and he had #1 status and the team built around him at Benetton and Ferrari.

Originally Posted by iforyou
Yea for sure. However, I just don't see him being a #1 driver at any top team. He just does not seem to have what it takes to be the #1 driver at a top team. I can't see him being better than Hamilton (obviously), Verstappen, Vettel, Leclerc, Ricciardo, etc.

Haha I don't know why Hamilton got so worked up by what Rosberg says. Rosberg praises Hamilton a lot in his other videos too. Rosberg is a full-time YouTuber now covering F1 topics and he can certainly say whatever he wants. FWIW, most of the time I do agree with what he says. And on current form, Max is arguably the best driver on the grid. It's really up for debate whether who would win more consistently if they are in the same team. But I can definitely see where Rosberg is coming from.

The fact that the RB was also over a minute in front of the Ferraris is great. It wasn't long ago that RB was trying to catch Ferrari. Then again, most predicted that MB would dominate in Hungary and that Ferrari would be relatively slow because of the many low speed corners. It's a track that suits Mercedes and exposes the weakness of the Ferrari. I think Ferrari will be much more competitive in Spa and Monza.
Most (?) teams don't have a clear #1 driver, it often evolves over time with race engineers and team principles. When Ricciardo came to Red Bull in 2016, Vettel at the start of the season was #1 (4 straight WDC will do that for you), even before the end of the season Daniel was clearly the new kid in town, few years later Max was the new kid and Daniel moved on. Some drivers have it in their contracts (Mansell at Williams, Schumacher at Benetton and Ferrari, Andretti at Lotus) but I don't know of any of the leading teams that have a clear #1 driver.

Originally Posted by F23A4
Re: HAM's quote on ROS, when it comes to the media there's always the question of context when 'sound bites' are in play. The headline 'Fires Back' conjures up images of the Fuhrer at the Krupp factory circa 1936; presumably HAM was not quite as demonstrative.

That said, there's a fairly large contingent of folks who have questioned some (or all) of his body of work....some for obvious yet unstated reasons.

As I do subscribe to ROS's YouTube channel, I do find him to be fairly objective giving HAM his due on many occasions.
Hamilton's comments seemed to me almost like he really didn't care what Rosberg says. I also subscribe to Rosberg's channel, and enjoy most of his video's, insinuating Max is faster than Lewis was sorta trolling.

Rosberg's other video from Hungary was also pretty good. He explained pretty simply what Ferrari's problems (5:06) are with it's aero and primarily the front wing.
The other cool thing was the quick interview (6:45) with former McLaren race manager Jo Ramírez who answered Rosberg's question about who was faster Prost or Senna.
Car was perfect, Prost, car imperfect Senna.

Last edited by Legend2TL; 08-07-2019 at 09:15 PM.
F23A4 (08-08-2019)
Old 08-08-2019, 04:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,667 Likes on 931 Posts
Yes, I saw that video earlier as well, finding the comparison between Prost and Senna very interesting. Pulling success from a “flawed” car is truly impressive.

Here’s a little more on the HAM-ROS ‘exchange’:

https://sports.yahoo.com/f1-champion...084520111.html
Old 08-08-2019, 08:52 AM

https://www.planetf1.com/news/racing...ez-and-stroll/

Racing Point are set to keep an unchanged line-up for the 2020 season with team principal Otmar Szafnauer saying they are happy with Sergio Perez and Lance Stroll.

This year marks Perez’s sixth consecutive campaign with the Silverstone-based squad while Stroll joined at the start of this year on the back of his father Lawrence’s takeover of the team.

The start of the 2019 season has not been the smoothest for Racing Point, though, as they are languishing in eighth position in the standings with 31 points to date, but they are confident they have turned the corner.

And they have high hopes of carrying continuity into next season by retaining their drivers.

Asked by Reuters whether he envisaged a change in his line-up, Szafnauer replied: “I don’t think so.

“Lance is young and learning, has a lot of potential. It’s a totally different team for him and that takes time to gel with everybody and settle in but that’s happening at a good rate.

“We’re teaching him things about how we go about our business and Sergio is helping with that. Sergio’s been here a long time so I think it’s a good mix, a good combination.”

Quick Reply: Formula One: 2019 Season News and Discussion Thread