Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Columbus Window Tinting

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 06:41 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Columbus Window Tinting

Anyone know of any reputable places that are decently priced for window tinting? I've been looking around, but just seeing if anyone had a spot they really liked.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:27 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 114 Likes on 66 Posts
Ditto on this.... I'm looking for something in Ohio / Western PA -- Specifically, a Huper Optic installer.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Talk to Eddie&T-Ella (or something like that). He's from the Columbus area, and the tint on his TL looks very good.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by T S SXY
Anyone know of any reputable places that are decently priced for window tinting? I've been looking around, but just seeing if anyone had a spot they really liked.
I have a buddy that used to work at Qualty Window tint here in columbus,Ohio but now he has his own shop called A two Z window Tinting, his name is Usuf!! He has done all my car's,friends and family's cars and does awamazing work. He has great prices and excellent skills!! Please feel free to pm me or email me Jdmb18cteggy@yahoo.com my name's Eric.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:24 AM
5th Gear

I got my place done at Quality Window Tint. I used to live in Columbus, but now live in Indy. I drove all the way over because of the great results all of my friends have had there. When I move back in a couple of months I have to get my other car tinted there.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:10 PM
OH-4

look up Professional Eclipse..in columbus.. off of main st. or livingtston..cant remember..he's on April Ct. ive had 2 cars done there..he has an upgraded tint there called quantum..good stuff..looks more like a factory tint than an after market crap like Ziebart uses..that shit looks purple sometimes..
Old 03-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Cruisin'

I already started a thread about this but this may be a quicker way to get a response.

Im moving to ohio soon and was wondering if i could get away with a 35% tint all around. I think the law is 50 front/anything in back. Is the tint law strictly enforced in OH?
Old 03-27-2011, 09:37 PM
OH-4

had 35 on my honda for 10 years..never bothered by the fuzz..35 on my TL now..no problems..you almost gotta be totally blacked out for the cops to mess with ya..
Old 03-27-2011, 11:04 PM
Cruisin'

oh ok good to know, thank you
Old 03-28-2011, 10:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

Huper Optik ESC 35 here and no issues.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any updates on actual Columbus Ohio places to tint?

Quality ? A to Z ? Professional Eclipse ?

The posts about actual places to get tint are a bit dated....and i'm in the dilemma of stopping at the Ohio legal limit or going a bit farther
Old 07-15-2011, 10:23 PM
OH-4

professional eclipse..guy does quality work..i had my old94 honda done there..tint was on for 12+ years..not 1 bubble..crack, tear..nothin..got my TL done there too.. i had the back window done 1 shade darker then my side windows..go with the upgraded quantum film..
Old 07-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Cruisin'

Did some research on tinting throughout the city,

Professional Eclipse: Johnson Film, $189 ...someone mentioned you can get a quantum upgrade? He said nothing about it. He also mentioned lifetime warranty but that it does not include scratches....and all the TLs he's done he's never heard of any scratching?

Seems contrary to what many say happens without moleskin, I can't remember if I brought it up

A 2 Z Window Tinting : $179 estimate, extra $50 for the high quality (Llumar something I believe) so $229. Lifetime warranty and $50 for moleskin installation, he says the 06 doesnt need it though...and that the warranty would cover naturally occurring scratches

Quality Window Tint: $220 standard I believe? extra $150 for pinnacle ceramic , $99 for moleskin installation....prices seem pretty high, esp $99 for the moleskin

Right now i'm leaning towards A2Z with the Llumar and high quality upgrade, i'm surprised 2 of the people mentioned that they don't think the '06 TL needs the felt lining....as a lot of threads on here have said otherwise
Old 07-26-2011, 02:35 PM
Race Director

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,197 Posts
Quality Tint.

You get what you pay for. I've heard nothing but poor things about Eclipse. Quality got me in and out, knew exactly all the specifics I would ask him for, and cut me a deal because I got moleskin.

I've been around the car scene in Columbus for a long time and QT has always been the place to go.

A side note though, their area is kind of rough. Morris roads sucks these days. So I ended up taking a half day at work and waiting for my car because I didn't want it sitting outside alone. Lol
Old 07-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks for the resposne Maharajamd, I got bad vibes from Prof Eclipse on the phone...haven't gotten back to them.

QWT seemed like they were pretty familiar with everything and knew what they were doing...but the prices are pretty higher than everyone else around. And $99 for moleskin seems like they're practically out to rob customers.

As was mentioned previously, ex-tinter at QWT named Usuf is running his own business A2Z , was planning on going in to see him on Friday. Llumar tint $179 , high grade $229. And he said he could install the moleskin (I forget the price, $50 or something?) but that the TL doesn't need it and the warranty covers natural scratches.

The only thing I'm unsure about is him saying my '06 TL doesn't need the moleskin, since so many people on the forums talk about the scratches. For what it's worth, Prof Eclipse guy said it doesn't need it either....so who knows.

$370 for Pinnacle Ceramic? And another $99 for Moleskin, seems pretty expensive at QWT...but I guess like you said, get what you pay for.

Although if I pay more I'll be scared to go like 35% or something below the legal (50%) in case I get pulled over and need to remove it haha.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:28 AM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
tint

yeah Im thinking the same thing as far as legal tint... I just think that 50% on front is going to look weird... Of course its the one time that you need to be somewhere and you get pulled over for tint... idk... imo im probably going to go with 35% all the way around... As soon as I pay off my car ... The AZ tint dude seems the best imo.... Did that guy used to own a shop on 161 w dublin granville?
Old 08-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
guys come on don't be wimps. Get at LEAST 35%. 50% is worthless, IMO. I had 15% for 2 years on previous car, got picked up once, never had any other issues.

Anyone else have reccomendations? I had a good experience with my 2-door dodge avenger coupe at Above and Beyond Window Tint off of James Rd....but for my TL I'm being a little more picky.

THEY ARE VERY CHEAP THOUGH - LUMAR AND $180 FULL CAR. tempting....
Old 08-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Cruisin'

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RedsTL
guys come on don't be wimps. Get at LEAST 35%. 50% is worthless, IMO. I had 15% for 2 years on previous car, got picked up once, never had any other issues.

Anyone else have reccomendations? I had a good experience with my 2-door dodge avenger coupe at Above and Beyond Window Tint off of James Rd....but for my TL I'm being a little more picky.

THEY ARE VERY CHEAP THOUGH - LUMAR AND $180 FULL CAR. tempting....
I got my tint done recently by A2Z Window Tinting over by Eastland Mall, the area is kind of run down but i'm very pleased with the results.

They do Maxpro/Lumar Tints at $180 but the upgraded film is an additional $50. (You're subject to purple discoloration/fading after 1 year unless you get the higher quality).

I was going in there plannning on Lumar but I talked for awhile with one of the guys there (Lamont) and he said the MaxPro is a slightly better/thicker film.

I went with the Upgraded MaxPro 35 front / 15 back, while the front is illegal having the darker back and contrast can lead cops to believe the front is legal since its lighter than the back...also remember to crack your windows/open sun roof if you notice a cop, lets more light into the car.

I'm heading out for a trip this weekend but if I remember I'll try to upload some pics.

In regards to the moleskin debate, they said they've done a ton of TLs and never had the scratching issue, I think moleskin would have been maybe $50 or so? They can do it if you want, but I opted not to. He said you just have to keep that area where the window sits when its all the way down free of dirt and debris...which something like a thin ruler or so. I don't hardly ever keep my windows rolled down all the way anyways.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions...I was talking with the owner (Usuf) about tinting 3rd gen TLs and moleskin and the like just a couple weeks ago.

-Travis
Old 09-09-2011, 08:44 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by travv
I got my tint done recently by A2Z Window Tinting over by Eastland Mall, the area is kind of run down but i'm very pleased with the results.

They do Maxpro/Lumar Tints at $180 but the upgraded film is an additional $50. (You're subject to purple discoloration/fading after 1 year unless you get the higher quality).

I was going in there plannning on Lumar but I talked for awhile with one of the guys there (Lamont) and he said the MaxPro is a slightly better/thicker film.

I went with the Upgraded MaxPro 35 front / 15 back, while the front is illegal having the darker back and contrast can lead cops to believe the front is legal since its lighter than the back...also remember to crack your windows/open sun roof if you notice a cop, lets more light into the car.

I'm heading out for a trip this weekend but if I remember I'll try to upload some pics.

In regards to the moleskin debate, they said they've done a ton of TLs and never had the scratching issue, I think moleskin would have been maybe $50 or so? They can do it if you want, but I opted not to. He said you just have to keep that area where the window sits when its all the way down free of dirt and debris...which something like a thin ruler or so. I don't hardly ever keep my windows rolled down all the way anyways.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions...I was talking with the owner (Usuf) about tinting 3rd gen TLs and moleskin and the like just a couple weeks ago.

-Travis
What does this even mean? LUMAR MAX PRO - it's not a specific product I can find online. I made an appointment with them, but I might cancel. DO you know if it's metallic ? I don't want my XM/GPS/radio to have any interference issues. Also, still concerned about the moleskin issue - said I wouldn't need it but any scratches are NOT covered under the warranty...? Not sure where you heard otherwise...
Old 09-09-2011, 09:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

Again, I can't say how damn good Huper Optik looks. Very unique film. Classy, stealthy, and changes properties depending on the angle / ambient light.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Cruisin'

What does this even mean? LUMAR MAX PRO - it's not a specific product I can find online. I made an appointment with them, but I might cancel. DO you know if it's metallic ? I don't want my XM/GPS/radio to have any interference issues. Also, still concerned about the moleskin issue - said I wouldn't need it but any scratches are NOT covered under the warranty...? Not sure where you heard otherwise...
http://www.gisdistributing.com/Max_Pro_Automotive.html ,

When I said they do Lumar / MaxPro ... I mean those are the 2 brands they offer. They are completely different.

Maxpro has no interference issues.

When I was talking to Usuf he made it sound like scratching from something I was at fault for would not be covered, but if it naturally occurred it would be covered? Although now that you mention it, they could just always pin it on you. From what the one guy was showing me, you need a little flat thing to occasionally run through your bottom window sealer plastic lining to keep sand or dirt out....and that will even only happen if you regularly have your windows all the way down (I don't)
Old 09-14-2011, 10:11 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by travv
http://www.gisdistributing.com/Max_Pro_Automotive.html ,

When I said they do Lumar / MaxPro ... I mean those are the 2 brands they offer. They are completely different.

Maxpro has no interference issues.

When I was talking to Usuf he made it sound like scratching from something I was at fault for would not be covered, but if it naturally occurred it would be covered? Although now that you mention it, they could just always pin it on you. From what the one guy was showing me, you need a little flat thing to occasionally run through your bottom window sealer plastic lining to keep sand or dirt out....and that will even only happen if you regularly have your windows all the way down (I don't)

Ahh I'm too damn nervous about so many things to go through with this....can't pick where to go!!

1) Price
2) Quality of job
3) Tint Quality
4) Signal-enabling
5) 15% or 35%!?
Old 09-15-2011, 09:28 AM
Racer

Ahh I'm too damn nervous about so many things to go through with this....can't pick where to go!!

1) Price
2) Quality of job
3) Tint Quality
4) Signal-enabling
5) 15% or 35%!?
Oh yeah, forgot the scratching/mole skin issue!!
Old 10-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by jnc2000
Again, I can't say how damn good Huper Optik looks. Very unique film. Classy, stealthy, and changes properties depending on the angle / ambient light.
Where did you get this done??
Old 10-11-2011, 06:53 AM
Three Wheelin'

330 CarSalon

550 E. Patterson St., Alliance, OH 44601
The following users liked this post:
RedsTL (11-02-2011)
Old 10-31-2011, 07:05 PM
Cruisin'

Here are some pics of my tint. Sorry about the quality, taken from my phone.

My review is posted up a ways back....after a couple months of the tint they are still holding up well and looking good.

-Travis
Attached Thumbnails Columbus Window Tinting-photo1.jpg   Columbus Window Tinting-photo2.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
RedsTL (11-02-2011)
Old 11-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Racer

wow! I can't believe that's 35% on the front...looks like 15% all around.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:29 AM
Racer

I finally got my car tinted there about a week and a half ago, and man is it dark. I went with 15% all around.

It kind of concerns me that it isn't 15% because Maxpro website states that they only have 12% and 18%. I really hope I didn't get 12% and then the 75% factory tint, comes out to 8% tint....but as dark as my back window looks (Can barely see inside during the day even) I'm concerned.

Will post pics later.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:08 PM
BrownBuck

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Have any of you guys looked into http://www.ziebart.com/window_tint/ ???
Old 04-20-2012, 02:54 PM
8th Gear

Custom Window Tint

So since my last post on here I finally got my windows tinted. The place I chose was Above & Beyond off of James Rd. (not exactly a great area), but the guy there who helped me named Rushawn was great. I looked into the different brands of tint before I took my car in so I would know a little more about them. Other forums on here highly recommended Llumar brand due to its nice color and its durability. Lucky for me that was one of three film options their shop offered to choose from.

35% all around
Price: $150
Extra Lifetime Warranty: $20
Total: $170
**This warranty covers repairs from cracking, peeling, bubbling, or fading (as long as it wasn't caused by a cleaner or something used on the window to make it break down)

Unfortunately I didn't have anyone to pick me up while my tint was being put on. I sat in the waiting room that had literally two chairs and the front door wide open. It was around July and scorching hot. So I would definitely recommend just dropping off your car and coming back later.

Car was done in about 3 hours and results were and still are amazing. The guy is busy all the time. Tons of people coming in and out and other customers talking to me about how great this shop is and how they've brought all their cars there. For the price and quality work I would definitely go back again.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:14 AM
BrownBuck

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
So since my last post on here I finally got my windows tinted. The place I chose was Above & Beyond off of James Rd. (not exactly a great area), but the guy there who helped me named Rushawn was great. I looked into the different brands of tint before I took my car in so I would know a little more about them. Other forums on here highly recommended Llumar brand due to its nice color and its durability. Lucky for me that was one of three film options their shop offered to choose from.

35% all around
**This warranty covers repairs from cracking, peeling, bubbling, or fading (as long as it wasn't caused by a cleaner or something used on the window to make it break down)

Unfortunately I didn't have anyone to pick me up while my tint was being put on. I sat in the waiting room that had literally two chairs and the front door wide open. It was around July and scorching hot. So I would definitely recommend just dropping off your car and coming back later.

Car was done in about 3 hours and results were and still are amazing. The guy is busy all the time. Tons of people coming in and out and other customers talking to me about how great this shop is and how they've brought all their cars there. For the price and quality work I would definitely go back again.
Pictures?

Mine are darker in the back then my front windows so it's a little annoying. I might go get them all matched this year.

Did you look into ziebart at all?
Old 09-17-2012, 02:11 PM
Racer

35% all around

Above and Beyond is great, I used them for my previous car and they did fantastic work at an amazing price. However, they only offer metallic tint, and this time around I was too concerned about using a metal based tint w/ the TL since I have navigation/XM/AM/FM.