Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

2012 National Acurazine Meet-June 9 & 10-Kansas City...New Info Posted May 30-P. 18!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 02:48 PM
2014 Jeep SRT

Received 1,615 Likes on 1,030 Posts
You guys have a decent list going. Judging from the areas where people are coming from, I still think the location of this annual event should change each year to give west coasters and east coasters a chance to participate. There are only 2 non-midwesterners that are attending so far which speaks volumes in terms of how important location is in attracting attendees. Honestly, I think you're losing a lot more potential attendees having this event in MO every year than if it was held in CA, OH, PA, TN, etc.

Any Integra Type-R Expo participants know what I'm talking about (http://www.itrexpo.com/index.php). They have their annual event at a different venue each year to mix things up and give people from all regions a chance to attend. Some years it's on the west coast, some years it's in the midwest and some years it's on the east coast, etc. Seems like the most logical way to conduct such a great meet that so many AZ members would love to attend, but currently can't simply because of the location.

Your thoughts, Mr. Bell?

Last edited by ebelp; 04-09-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:50 PM

Received 9,500 Likes on 6,171 Posts
I bet rptls08 and I could find a few spots in the Raleigh area to hold a meet. It's halfway down the eastern seaboard
Old 04-09-2012, 03:04 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
^^^ John, why dont you take up an initiative for an East Coast meet....Steven Bell just volunteered to set the meet and the first year we had only 20-25 cars....and last year we had 75+ cars....

Kansas being right in the middle (of US) is a great idea for a national meet....but if you want to setup an "Annual East Coast meet" i say go for it buddy....

PS: people from Houston havent signed up...so you will see a lot more people coming from the South...
Old 04-09-2012, 03:13 PM

I'm happy to see more people that live more than a few hours away willing to make the drive
Old 04-09-2012, 03:20 PM
2014 Jeep SRT

Originally Posted by swoosh
Kansas being right in the middle (of US) is a great idea for a national meet
LOL...says the guy who lives in the city where the meet is being held.

If the meet was in any of the states I mentioned above, I guarantee the attendance would be in the hundreds. You can't really say that MO is the best location when you have one person from CA and one person from VA signed up. I'd happily drive 8, 10 even 12 hours to this meet. 17, 18+ hours is a different story though.

if you want to setup an "Annual East Coast meet" i say go for it buddy....
The appeal of the national meet is that it's an official Acurazine meet. I can't really do that being that I'm in no way affiliated with AZ. Sounds like more of a job the regional chapter leaders. Otherwise, I'm just orchestrating a "regional" meet, which there are dozens already that take place on a weekly basis.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by ebelp
LOL...says the guy who lives in the city where the meet is being held.

If the meet was in any of the states I mentioned above, I guarantee the attendance would be in the hundreds. You can't really say that MO is the best location when you have one person from CA and one person from VA signed up. I'd happily drive 8, 10 even 12 hours to this meet. 17, 18+ hours is a different story though.
I used to come to the meet even when i lived in STL ....also i went to the St Antonio meet last year and will again this year (if they hold it)...

rather than criticizing the work done here by SB, i would really urge you to start a local "annual" meet....and i bet you will get all the support from the mods to "name" it to what ever you like....

EDIT: its actually a great idea to hold couple annual meets....every region has an annual meet....and well orchestrated so that the dates dont clash

The appeal of the national meet is that it's an official Acurazine meet. I can't really do that being that I'm in no way affiliated with AZ. Sounds like more of a job the regional chapter leaders. Otherwise, I'm just orchestrating a "regional" meet, which there are dozens already that take place on a weekly basis.
we have a biweekly meet as well where 7-10 cars show up....but if you setup an annual meet, you will attract a lot more people....

so have your weekly/biweekly/monthly meet....but if you have an annual meet, people gear up for that....call hotels nearby for rates, see if dealerships will sponsor....

dont get me wrong here but its easy to just say "hey arrange is closer to where i live and i will show up" and tougher to get up and arrange something....

i actually down to SB for taking this initiative and i tend to help in every way i can....

Last edited by swoosh; 04-09-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:34 PM

Organizing a meet isn't easy or fun. Props to SB, Buda, and Jay Wolfe Acura for making this meet what it is.

John PM me if you really want to make a East Coast Meet for this year. Maybe we can do later this year once it cools down. I'm sure I could find somewhere around here to host it.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:44 PM
2014 Jeep SRT

rather than criticizing the work done here by SB, i would really urge you to start a local meet....and i bet you will get all the support from the mods to "name" it to what ever you like....
Pretty sure I never criticized SB's work for this year's AZ meet. Try to follow me, Anil...I'm simply throwing out ideas for future events since I know I speak for a lot of people, not just myself. And again, there are already tons of local meets along the east coast, that's not the point I was making. My point is that location is the key ingredient in attracting attendees, and I think rotating the venue annually is the best way to achieve that. Not trying to start an argument, just trying to throw out ideas for good of all AZ'ers.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Baller of Uni

Received 511 Likes on 396 Posts
You guys have a decent list going. Judging from the areas where people are coming from, I still think the location of this annual event should change each year to give west coasters and east coasters a chance to participate. There are only 2 non-midwesterners that are attending so far which speaks volumes in terms of how important location is in attracting attendees. Honestly, I think you're losing a lot more potential attendees having this event in MO every year than if it was held in CA, OH, PA, TN, etc.

Any Integra Type-R Expo participants know what I'm talking about (http://www.itrexpo.com/index.php). They have their annual event at a different venue each year to mix things up and give people from all regions a chance to attend. Some years it's on the west coast, some years it's in the midwest and some years it's on the east coast, etc. Seems like the most logical way to conduct such a great meet that so many AZ members would love to attend, but currently can't simply because of the location.

Your thoughts, Mr. Bell?
There is actually a big group coming from Chicago, they came last year as well. I am pretty sure there was some guys from Denver and some from Texas, and then there was Mr. Road Warrior Tyler from NC! I see what you're saying though, but there are a ton of meets on the east coast that a ton of AZ members go to.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:19 PM

Pretty sure I never criticized SB's work for this year's AZ meet. Try to follow me, Anil...I'm simply throwing out ideas for future events since I know I speak for a lot of people, not just myself. And again, there are already tons of local meets along the east coast, that's not the point I was making. My point is that location is the key ingredient in attracting attendees, and I think rotating the venue annually is the best way to achieve that. Not trying to start an argument, just trying to throw out ideas for good of all AZ'ers.
see you missed these key words before

but i love that idea....a year in KS, next in OH/IN, next in CO....and we KS people have the advantage....we BAM in the middle....

just 1 con thow....if people from NY dont attend the KS meet, anywhere in the west and they wont be able to make it anyway....vice versa for the east coast folks....

none the less, great idea....
Old 04-09-2012, 04:47 PM
2014 Jeep SRT

see you missed these key words before
No I didn't, read again, sir.

You guys have a decent list going. Judging from the areas where people are coming from, I still think the location of this annual event should change each year to give west coasters and east coasters a chance to participate....

Last edited by ebelp; 04-09-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:14 PM

see i wasn't reading before
fixed

Old 04-09-2012, 05:17 PM
2014 Jeep SRT

lol funny guy
Old 04-09-2012, 05:22 PM

youz guyz iz so funni
Old 04-09-2012, 07:55 PM
I shave my change purse

Received 155 Likes on 87 Posts
Just an idea for the future (not sure if it's been mentioned)

how about an annual acurazine meet in different parts of the country every year instead of just the middle of the country? This was everyone would be able to attend every 3-4 years when it is closest to them?

2012- kc
2013 - Vegas
2014 - NY/NJ
2015 - Florida
2016 - northwest somewhere?
2017 - kc
Etc etc
Old 04-09-2012, 08:09 PM

Because most people here on Acurazine get rid of their cars quickly. If you look at meet threads made just a few years ago, half of the people have moved onto another car.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:19 PM
2014 Jeep SRT

Originally Posted by WILLDOGS
Just an idea for the future (not sure if it's been mentioned)

how about an annual acurazine meet in different parts of the country every year instead of just the middle of the country? This was everyone would be able to attend every 3-4 years when it is closest to them?

2012- kc
2013 - Vegas
2014 - NY/NJ
2015 - Florida
2016 - northwest somewhere?
2017 - kc
Etc etc
hehe...read the last 20 posts on this page.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Chapter Leader (Midwest Region)

Received 784 Likes on 558 Posts
To make things simple. If meet is on West Coast, East Coat people arent going to go. If meet is on East Coast, West Coast people arent going. Like I have said before, you East/West Coasters arent lacking on import meetups by any stretch of the word. It is in the middle of the country for a reason.

Yes I live in KC and its easy for me to say this but if I lived far away and really wanted to go I would sack up and make the trip. If you want to come then we are more than welcome to have you, if you don't please dont make the coordinator feel bad for not meeting everybody's demands.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:44 PM
2014 Jeep SRT

Originally Posted by mccollins23
To make things simple. If meet is on West Coast, East Coat people arent going to go. If meet is on East Coast, West Coast people arent going. Like I have said before, you East/West Coasters arent lacking on import meetups by any stretch of the word. It is in the middle of the country for a reason.

Yes I live in KC and its easy for me to say this but if I lived far away and really wanted to go I would sack up and make the trip. If you want to come then we are more than welcome to have you, if you don't please dont make the coordinator feel bad for not meeting everybody's demands.
Hmm...not sure how to be more clear about my posts. I repeat...no one is criticizing this year's meet or trying to make anyone "feel bad". The only thing that's been said are suggestions on how to get even more participation for FUTURE meets. You're exactly right, if the meet is on the west coast, the east coast guys may not attend and vice versa. That's why a rotating venue would give everyone around the country and opportunity to attend at one point or another. You KC guys are getting so defensive over some simple ideas on how to improve an already great tradition that Mr. Bell has done an excellent job of starting.

Last edited by ebelp; 04-09-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:49 PM
I shave my change purse

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Because most people here on Acurazine get rid of their cars quickly. If you look at meet threads made just a few years ago, half of the people have moved onto another car.
I no longer own an Acura, but would still go to a national meet in a heartbeat. I just cant make that trip with my schedule now and rather not put all of that wear and tear on my car even if I did have a few days to make the trip and back.

hehe...read the last 20 posts on this page.
I read a few of the suggestions but didn't see anyone make a suggestion for a set rotation of locations. 5 locations over 5 years sort of thing. (Maybe I still missed it lol)

If you want to come then we are more than welcome to have you, if you don't please dont make the coordinator feel bad for not meeting everybody's demands.
Making anyone feel bad was not my intention, hope you all have a great time but was just trying to throw an idea out there. Never said that doing it in KC was a dumb idea. I would still make the same suggestion if it was held in NY City every year for the benefit of others around the country.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:53 PM
I shave my change purse

Hmm...not sure how to be more clear about my posts. I repeat...no one is criticizing this year's meet or trying to make anyone "feel bad". The only thing that's been said are suggestions on how to get even more participation for FUTURE meets. You're exactly right, if the meet is on the west coast, the east coast guys may not attend and vice versa. That's why a rotating venue would give everyone around the country and opportunity to attend at one point or another. You KC guys are getting so defensive over some simple ideas on how to improve an already great tradition that Mr. Bell has done an excellent job of starting.
x2

My main thing is that it is 1200+ mi from where I live. That's 2400 miles round trip that I would need to put on my car and about 45 Hours of driving.

Would just be nicer for a chance of something closer in the future, thats all. Not blasting anyone for holding it at KC.

Could I fly there? Sure. But that takes away from the whole experience.

have fun all!
Old 04-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Starcraft II addict

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts
^^^ damn Sean thats a lot of development....i thought you were working on the farm last year (around the meet time)....

take some time out and lets all meet up....i know we all will be meeting up again next Friday (13th)
No can do, I'm only in my 3rd day of that 3 weeks of straight work and KC is 3 hours away. A friend helped out today and combined we cut down about 100 trees in 7 hours. Not to shabby.

Originally Posted by InFaMouSLink
Come on man... You haven't been on AZ in like 3 years. We forgot you had an Acura. lol How you been man.. Its been a long time.

I'm still at 80% going..
lol, I'm always at the meet as I help coordinate it and handle registration and judging which is why I never get to see any of the cars at the meet.

It would be awesome if you can make it. I'm hoping to get time to redo my switchback side markers as I'm changing out LEDs and moving to using a vacuum sealed relay so it doesn't make any noise.

I've messed around with some more LED circuits. I did an LED Flasher circuit with 10 LEDs in a circle blinking sequentially. I'm making a custom Left 4 Dead 2 replica pipe bomb for my girlfriend. I just need to find time to finish creating the custom pcb for all the circuitry.

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Sean, you need to bring your car. I will detail it for you. I know you told me about the ding in the door, but we still need you AND your car there! We will get it taken care of for you.
I'll let you know when I get a chance to work on it. Right now the second weekend in May is the first time I'll be home on a weekend (as of right now) and I'm betting I'm going to have plenty of yard work to do.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:33 AM
Baller of Uni

Received 511 Likes on 396 Posts

Pretty much. There are a lot less large scale meets in the Midwest that would be worth driving to in one day or having to get a hotel. I see in the east/west coast threads that there are plenty of meets for you guys to attend in a lot of the states. Honestly like he said, if it's on one side of the country you are very likely to lose a lot of people from the opposite side will not attend. Maybe message your regional coordinator and get a east/west coast meet going annually. Instead of this being the "National" meet it could be a Midwest meet (basically is) and every 2 or 3 years maybe have a National meet.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:45 AM

can we please get back to the list and not scare the noobs away !!! ???

people with suggestions can open a new thread and I bet we will all participate/discuss/argue in that thread....lets keep this one for planning on who is taking what route and who wants to join them !!!
Old 04-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
People are so selfish. People can't accept that the midwest has 1 meet a year to go to. They would rather we have none.

Why can't the meet be in my neighborhood boohoo.
The following users liked this post:
civicdrivr (04-10-2012)
Old 04-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
The final word on this discussion.

Guys,

I appreciate the spirited conversation going on here. And Swoosh, I appreciate your 1,000,000% support too-more than you'll ever know!

John, I completely understand the points you brought up too. And no harm or bad intentions taken. The Houston guys brought up the same thing last year!

The fact of the matter is, I do this because I love Acurazine and the camaraderie that goes with it. This thing has barrel rolled into a very nice event. I voluntarily do this. I couldn't do it without Buda (Sean) and I'll be counting on Swoosh and the other KC boys to assist this year too.

Here's the bottom line......

If anyone wants to put a meet together, please do! I will back you 100%. I will go to bat to get you all the tools necessary to have a Meet. Up until now, we had never had a "National Meet". I petitioned the powers that be for the right to call it that and they agreed! It's as simple as that. So if you guys want to do that in another part of the US, please do so. Write to me and I'll do whatever I can to help. Regional Meets are VERY popular. There's no shame with anything else called something other than a National Meet. But yes, Kansas City IS in the middle of the country, so it technically is easily accessible from anywhere.....just ask Tyler!

But we couldn't have as good of a meet if it wasn't for Jay Wolfe Acura in Kansas City! They spend a couple thousand dollars every year to sponsor this. They will spend more this year because the meet has to be offsite.

Since I volunteer to be a Senior Moderator and put this National Meet together, I don't get paid to do any of this work. I would be happy to personally discuss with anyone who wants to put together a Meet everything I've done to make our happen.

Again, I look forward to seeing ALL OF YOU in Kansas City the weekend of June 9th & 10th.

Let's conclude the discussion about Meets in other areas for now and focus this thread on the upcoming Meet here in Kansas City.....thank you!
The following 11 users liked this post by Steven Bell:
Ampd (04-23-2012), Bearcat94 (04-15-2012), BostonSilverTypeS (04-11-2012), civicdrivr (04-10-2012), CLassy02 (04-11-2012), DigitalEmpire22 (04-10-2012), McCollins23 (04-10-2012), paz840 (04-11-2012), SilverSVT (04-10-2012), swoosh (04-10-2012), WILLDOGS (04-10-2012) and 6 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Btw anyone coming from VA or NC will most likely take 40 through WV, Kentucky, and southern Illinois until heading north into St. Louis.

You can actually see 40 on the map; yellow line that splits near the name "West Virginia" and then heads west though Huntington. I started in Raleigh and headed NW from there to hit 40. Follow that all the way to STL
Oh, Young Tyler.... You have alot to learn about cross country treks

If you going through WV, KY, and IL; that is 64. Some of the best roads compared to I-40 which is horrible haha
civicdrivr (04-11-2012)
Old 04-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Guys,

I appreciate the spirited conversation going on here. And Swoosh, I appreciate your 1,000,000% support too-more than you'll ever know!

John, I completely understand the points you brought up too. And no harm or bad intentions taken. The Houston guys brought up the same thing last year!

Cut out most of the message

Again, I look forward to seeing ALL OF YOU in Kansas City the weekend of June 9th & 10th.

Let's conclude the discussion about Meets in other areas for now and focus this thread on the upcoming Meet here in Kansas City.....thank you!
Preach on Steven, PREACH ON!!!!!

As has been said before, KS/MO is the MOST central to EVERYONE! Those who choose to trek, are praised, and thanked; those who choose not to trek, miss out (there are other priorities than a car, I/we understand).

But for those who cry and complain.... Try planning this as Steven and Buda organize it. You should see them the day of! they are very organized, and are methodically registering those who come to the event after work (that would be me last year) or those that are hungover from the previous night (me three years ago at the first meet).

I give them props for coordinating the event; finding sponsors/donors.

ALL HAIL STEVEN AND BUDA!!!!!!
civicdrivr (04-11-2012)
Old 04-11-2012, 09:33 AM

^^^ fulani doing what he does best

Old 04-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by cltothetl32
organizing a meet isn't easy or fun. Props to sb, buda, and jay wolfe acura for making this meet what it is.

John pm me if you really want to make a east coast meet for this year. Maybe we can do later this year once it cools down. I'm sure i could find somewhere around here to host it.
southpoint mall!!!!
Old 04-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Drifting

^^^ fulani doing what he does best

I LOVE to be have the close to last say
Old 04-11-2012, 09:42 AM

^^^ i didnt understand your comment but i was just messing with ya dude....

any plans of coming down here for Fast Fridays ? also you drive the TL anymore ? last you told was she was garage queen
Old 04-11-2012, 10:02 AM

Wow Daniel is actually posting something on Acurazine?!!?!?!?!

Old 04-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Drifting

^^^ i didnt understand your comment but i was just messing with ya dude....

any plans of coming down here for Fast Fridays ? also you drive the TL anymore ? last you told was she was garage queen
I know, don't sweat it.

Haven't been driving her, going to start. Going to be taking the windshield tint off next week, so I can start driving around more. Need to decrease attention when out on the road!!

Changed the oil, and what not and she fired right up after sitting around for such a long time! Who knows maybe this year break the 100K mark
Old 04-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Drifting

Wow Daniel is actually posting something on Acurazine?!!?!?!?!

SHADDUPPP!!!

I am more of a spectator to the sport now....
Old 04-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Team Owner

2 new sponsorship giveaways posted in the first posting.

GUYS PLEASE REMEMBER TO REGISTER ONLINE! SEE THE LINK IN THE FIRST POST.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:33 PM

^^^ STEVEN....i publicly announce....i you
Old 04-12-2012, 12:51 AM
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Would really like to be part of the meet but im in socal
Old 04-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Team Owner

The Saturday Night Event (the night before the meet)

This is the view that you will be looking at if you join us for our Saturday Night Caravan and Dinner......

This is the view from "TURN 2" at the Hollywood Casino. Turn 2 is an upscale restaurant and sports bar that looks over the Kansas Speedway!

My wife and I had dinner there tonight, just to check out the place. The food is great, the portions are HUGE and the view overlooks the new Kansas Speedway! Plus, they have a band later that night.

We will meet at 6pm on Saturday, June 9th, across the street from Jay Wolfe Acura. We will then car caravan to the Hollywood Casino (by the Kansas Speedway). After we park the cars, you can take some pictures and then we'll have dinner at Turn 2 (everyone pays for their own meals/drinks). After dinner, you can stay at Turn 2, drink and dance or go into the Hollywood Casino. But the view of the Kansas Speedway is awesome-the restaurant is literally on Turn 2 of the track!

www.hollywoodcasinokansas.com

NOTE: I actually tried to get our group access to run your car on the actual Kansas Speedway, but they are literally tearing up the entire track and laying new concrete during the time we are having our National Meet.

I need a head count for this event, so I'll start things off here. Please sign up for this event here. But don't forget, I still need you to sign up for the actual National Meet from the link on the first post!

1. Steven Bell + 1

Last edited by Steven Bell; 04-13-2012 at 10:00 PM.
civicdrivr (04-14-2012)
Old 04-14-2012, 12:13 AM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,228 Likes on 4,856 Posts
Hell yes.

1. Steven Bell + 1
2. civicdrivr +1

Quick Reply: 2012 National Acurazine Meet-June 9 & 10-Kansas City...New Info Posted May 30-P. 18!!