Integra Integra & RSX Discussion

Integra Waiting Room: Integra Type S

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2023, 11:17 AM
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 47 Posts
Waiting Room: Integra Type S

Thought it would be nice to create a thread for people to chime in on how long of a wait they've been quoted for the wait on an Integra Type S if they've put down a deposit or otherwise been put on a list for one and so that people can share updates on their spot in line, quoted wait times, estimated delivery, etc.

I'll start: I put down a deposit for an ITS in Apex Blue Pearl w/Orchid interior. Dealer said I'm around 18th-20th in line (counting all colors, maybe 3rd or 4th-ish for this particular combo). Estimate was "6-12 months" but with potential for it to be longer, so leaving room for things to change. I asked to be given a heads up on ITSes that come in and if people take themselves off the list or if anyone declines delivery and I happen to be next in line though.

I wasn't really sure about the ITS but I was impressed at how well it turned out and the reviews for it have been very positive. I can't think of many cars where the reviews have been this consistently positive about a car. There's always some common themes and nitpicks among reviewers, but there's so few with the ITS that it really stands out in a good way.

Last edited by norsairius; 07-13-2023 at 11:20 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Tony Pac (07-13-2023)
Old 07-13-2023, 12:09 PM
Drifting

Received 565 Likes on 364 Posts
Good luck on getting your ITS. I can tell you that when we ordered our A Spec last year over Memorial Day, our sales guy said it wouldn't be in until an August-November time period. (The Performance Red/Orchid/6MT is a lower volume combo). It arrived exactly 6 months later, in mid November. Not sure if they have an accurate handle on ITS deliveries yet, but our dealer was straightforward and accurate in their information, and we got exactly what we wanted. Because of the uncertainty in the delivery date, they did not ask for a deposit of any kind, but it probably didn't hurt that we've been doing business with them since the early 90s.

I'm hoping ITS demand/supply get more balanced in '24. It's a great car, and certainly on my list for my next vehicle. Do you have any word from your dealer on whether they'll sell you your car at MSRP/any forced options?
Old 07-13-2023, 12:55 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JM2010 SH-AWD
Good luck on getting your ITS. I can tell you that when we ordered our A Spec last year over Memorial Day, our sales guy said it wouldn't be in until an August-November time period. (The Performance Red/Orchid/6MT is a lower volume combo). It arrived exactly 6 months later, in mid November. Not sure if they have an accurate handle on ITS deliveries yet, but our dealer was straightforward and accurate in their information, and we got exactly what we wanted. Because of the uncertainty in the delivery date, they did not ask for a deposit of any kind, but it probably didn't hurt that we've been doing business with them since the early 90s.

I'm hoping ITS demand/supply get more balanced in '24. It's a great car, and certainly on my list for my next vehicle. Do you have any word from your dealer on whether they'll sell you your car at MSRP/any forced options?
Yeah, I'm hoping that the ITS may be a bit easier to manage since it's simpler in terms of trim levels and options (mostly only colors to deal with + accessories, but those can be added after the fact). I'm fine waiting since the lease on my 2021 TLX isn't up until September 2024. I just wanted to get on the list to make sure I don't find myself waiting for a car after my lease is up. Dealer said I could go month to month on it while I wait for the ITS if I have to, but I'd rather not deal with that.

As for mark-ups/forced accessories, dealer said none of that. Just MSRP + whatever incentives Acura might have by the time the car comes in (I don't expect any incentives for the ITS anytime soon unless demand somehow tanks). Apologies in advance if this is against the rules, but this thread in another forum has been accurate for tracking markups/forced options on ITS orders if anyone's interested: https://www.integraforums.com/forum/...-type-s.50937/
JM2010 SH-AWD (07-14-2023)
Old 07-19-2023, 07:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
So to answer the waiting room question…

I did not preorder via the website. Given the issues with pre-orders, I’m glad I didn’t.

6/26: placed refundable deposit for ABP/black or PRP/black. Told at that time likely August-September timeframe or later arrival, and depended on production schedule. Was prepared to wait months.

7/8: I was advised that a red/black car was incoming at the end of the month, and would I like it? After looking at an A-Spec in PRP, I agreed to take the incoming car. Told at that time to expect end-July/beginning August delivery.

7/15: Aforementioned PRP ITS shows up at dealer. I look at it and agree to buy it.

7/20 (tomorrow): I will be picking car up as payment has been arranged.

I lucked out with a three-week wait, though I can’t say that for certain until the car is in my driveway. You never know if it’ll be sold from under me. Would be REALLY inconvenient if that happened, my RLX is already sold and gone.
The following 2 users liked this post by neuronbob:
JM2010 SH-AWD (07-20-2023), norsairius (07-19-2023)
Old 07-19-2023, 08:44 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by neuronbob
So to answer the waiting room question…

I did not preorder via the website. Given the issues with pre-orders, I’m glad I didn’t.

6/26: placed refundable deposit for ABP/black or PRP/black. Told at that time likely August-September timeframe or later arrival, and depended on production schedule. Was prepared to wait months.

7/8: I was advised that a red/black car was incoming at the end of the month, and would I like it? After looking at an A-Spec in PRP, I agreed to take the incoming car. Told at that time to expect end-July/beginning August delivery.

7/15: Aforementioned PRP ITS shows up at dealer. I look at it and agree to buy it.

7/20 (tomorrow): I will be picking car up as payment has been arranged.

I lucked out with a three-week wait, though I can’t say that for certain until the car is in my driveway. You never know if it’ll be sold from under me. Would be REALLY inconvenient if that happened, my RLX is already sold and gone.
Wow - that's awesome! Congrats! I hope the rest of the transaction goes smoothly and that you have the car soon. I'd be interested to get your impressions/thoughts on the car after you've had a chance to drive it for a while!
MarcoTLX (07-22-2023)