Integra Integra & RSX Discussion

Integra Integra Type S: buying and some daily driving

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2023, 09:20 PM
8th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Integra Type S: buying and some daily driving

It turned out I am not the only one who needs esthetically pleasant and reasonably comfortable MANUAL vehicle with 300hp in 50-60K range, so I could not get this car entirely without a mark-up After about 6 places in NY and NJ, I got tired and settled for MSRP + about 1K of accessories and the headache of financing. Something to mentioned at the dealership: a car with 52K price tag should have driver’s memory seat, automatic passenger seat adjustment, folding mirrors, moonroof, front seat ventilation, USB ports and A/C vents in the back. ITS does not have any of that and it is a 4 seater.

Thoughts?

After 1500 miles of daily driving backroads and intercity highways (no real traffic) - very happy with the purchase: ITS seems to check all the boxes for my driving style. There are some minor concerns, but I hope to work them out. If not, I’ll share them here.

It is my first Acura, so I could use some general words of advice from the old timers.
Old 11-03-2023, 10:18 AM
Drifting

Received 565 Likes on 364 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. I think you did pretty well on the purchase. My dealer rarely gets one in that's not pre-sold, and those that arrive unbought are gone in a day. Demand is still high.

We have an ASpec Tech (6MT) (my wife's main car) and we like it a lot. I've considered a Type S and have to admit that the missing features you mention are a minus for me (since our ASpec has most of the ones I care about (moonroof, power/memory seats). However, from the reviews and owners' comments I've seen, these things don't really matter much. The ITS is a very special car (and one I remain interested in). Hope you continue to enjoy yours.
Old 11-03-2023, 11:29 AM
Safety Car

Received 3,434 Likes on 1,882 Posts
I really wish I had more garage space (19 more months!), because there would absolutely be an ITS in there right now. There's really nothing else in its class at all.
Old 11-03-2023, 06:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
I got mine from Bay Shore Acura in NY for 54 and some change out the door no added options... yep I had to finace with them/Acura but only made one huge payment...Picked it up on Sept 9th...I'm extremly happy with it...its our 5th Acura and the first one thats mine...Wife got a Type S advance in May...
Old 11-04-2023, 08:29 PM
8th Gear

OK, that's reassuring experiences!
@JM2010 SH-AWD two other points to consider: more frequent visits to the gas station, and quite heavy brake dust.
Engine sound is quite enjoyable in SPORT+ mode with windows down..
Since our winters seem to turn into rainy autumn's now, I am thinking about getting window visors

Old 11-05-2023, 05:27 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
My old Focus RS had a 13+ gallon gas tank and much lower MPG..So i'm used to gas stations
Old 11-12-2023, 09:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Originally Posted by graf01
OK, that's reassuring experiences!
@JM2010 SH-AWD two other points to consider: more frequent visits to the gas station, and quite heavy brake dust.
Engine sound is quite enjoyable in SPORT+ mode with windows down..
Since our winters seem to turn into rainy autumn's now, I am thinking about getting window visors
Fuel capacity is 12.4 gallons. By comparison: My smaller NSX has an 18.5-gallon fuel tank. I fill up at about 220 miles in my ITS and over 300 in my TT modded NSX . Brake dust is no big issue, expected with some performance brakes.
Old 11-15-2023, 09:19 PM
8th Gear

Looking at neuronbob's garage, I figured what would be an optimal use of my ITS... taking my wife and her mother-in law to the airport!
A passenger under 5'8" fits in the back seat, trunk can easily accommodate two person's luggage. Ride can be as swift, as possible on the street, yet reasonably comfortable with suspension in comfort mode.
Once ladies safely departed, you can enjoy some good quality music on the way back (bass may need to be reduced with this ELS sound system). Touchscreen is pleasantly responsive, too.The car feels light and yet, well planted.
The shifter and throttle mapping make driving a pleasure on a reasonably paved road. Once finally adjusted right, the driver's seat gives very good support to the back.It is a little on the harder side, though, and I start feeling my behinds after 3-4h ride
Another point related to driving experience: heated stirring wheel (optional) is lacking perforated leather...(not in Canada, for some reason? ) I wish I had more grip, sometime. Does anybody have a good solution to this?