Integra Integra & RSX Discussion

Integra Integra A Spec Tech (6MT) -- Three Month Report

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2023, 07:58 AM
Drifting

Received 565 Likes on 364 Posts
Integra A Spec Tech (6MT) -- Three Month Report

We've had our PRP/Orchid 6MT for about 3 months now, and thought I'd check back with a report on how the car has fared for us. We're past the break in period, so we're now pushing the car a little harder and learning a lot more about how it works/rides/performs, etc.

Overall, we really like the car and are very glad we bought it and that we waited for the trim and color combo we wanted. The color/6MT combo we have seems to be one of the lesser-produced versions. The car draws lots of compliments and attention when we're out in it.

First, the bad news -- when the car was less than a month old, some numb-nut tagged the front bumper/fender/mirror in a parking lot. Judging by the placement of the marks, etc., it appears to have been a taller, SUV/pickup sized vehicle. No note or anything, of course. My wife was not happy. Fortunately, a little PDR, polish and touch up work virtually removed all evidence of the mishap, save for a very small crack in the lower part of the mirror housing. It could have been much worse. Had it done severe damage to sheet metal/paint, I have my doubts about whether a body shop could have accurately matched the PRP, which absolutely lights up in the sun when clean. So, a small hiccup, but almost completely resolved.

As it sits today, the car is averaging about 35-36 mpg in mixed highway/suburban and some urban driving. We are delighted by that. The motor is smooth, with a little bit of rasp and exhaust burble on shifts. Just right for us. In comfort and normal drive modes, it's a quiet, comfortable and very competent daily driver. All electronic gadgets/gizmos/features work as designed, and (knocks on skull) no rattles, squeaks or thunks have revealed themselves. The seats are very comfortable. It's really the best experience with a new car that we've had.

Driving In sport mode, the car comes alive. The engine is very (almost too) responsive, the chassis handles beautifully, and steering feel/input/accuracy would put a modern day BMW to shame. With the LSD, you almost forget you're driving a FWD car. When pushing it through the turns, I keep adjusting my inputs/steering line for anticipated front end push, but the car tracks straight where you put it. Classic slow car/fast fun. The ELS stereo sounds great, and of course the Honda/Acura 6MT works beautifully. I'm not sure how I would feel about this car with the CVT (we have not owned an auto transmission car for several decades) but with the 6MT, this is exactly what we were looking for. At under 38K in today's market, it seems like an absolute bargain.
The following 6 users liked this post by JM2010 SH-AWD:
1killercls (06-02-2023), a35tl (02-10-2023), ESHBG (02-11-2023), lauren01 (04-05-2023), Legend2TL (02-15-2023), Pens Fan (02-11-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-11-2023, 03:41 PM
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 45 Posts
Glad to hear you are liking your Teg - Aside the minor hit and run you had. That just sucks, I'm sorry that happened to you.

I still do not see many new Integras on the road here (Vancouver, Canada) only have seen a black one, a carbon, and one red one. I have not seen a blue one in person yet.

I myself am fairly happy with the car and have essentially come to terms that I am not going to up grade to the Type S, as the price difference will be just too much. I have however changed a couple things. But will keep it somewhat stock as the car is really great, and there is nothing else out there that provides what this does in a stick!

Keep enjoying the drive!

The following users liked this post:
JM2010 SH-AWD (02-13-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 01:53 PM
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Glad to hear. I was reading an article on the Teg today and maybe I should have held out for one of these instead of getting a TLX. I was shocked that the interior and trunk volumes are larger on the Integra. That MPG is phenomenal as well!
lauren01 (04-05-2023)
Old 04-05-2023, 09:37 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by HTX2022Aspec
Glad to hear. I was reading an article on the Teg today and maybe I should have held out for one of these instead of getting a TLX. I was shocked that the interior and trunk volumes are larger on the Integra. That MPG is phenomenal as well!
The new TLX is a beautifully-styled car. How are you enjoying it? What sort of MPG are you getting out of the 2.0 motor?
Old 04-05-2023, 09:43 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JM2010 SH-AWD
The new TLX is a beautifully-styled car. How are you enjoying it? What sort of MPG are you getting out of the 2.0 motor?
It is gorgeous- half the reason I bought one was I loved the styling.

Overall I like it but I've been less impressed by the quality than I was in Honda/Acuras I've previously owned. The car drives great, has a great presence, and its nice being back in a sedan after years of driving trucks and SUV's. The 2.0's mileage is poor. I'm lucky to get 20mpg around town. On the open highway its great- 30 to 32mpg on road trips. In day to day useage though the mileage is more or less on par with the GMC Canyon I was driving before, which is disappointing.

Its rare I have more than 2 people in the car, but the backseat is tiny, as is the trunk. The Integra surprisingly is roomier in both despite being smaller overall. Guess thats the penalty for the TLX's styling.
ESHBG (04-05-2023)
Old 04-06-2023, 03:22 PM
Drifting

One of the big selling points for us on the Integra was its utility. Back seat is pretty spacious (except headroom for 6 ft + people. And the hatch/trunk area is really big, especially with the seats down (they fold flat, btw). Ours is Performance Red/Orchid, and it too is a pretty striking car. The fact that we could get a 6MT sealed the deal.
HTX2022Aspec (04-14-2023)
Old 04-13-2023, 09:14 AM
Drifting

Received 1,255 Likes on 912 Posts
Originally Posted by HTX2022Aspec
It is gorgeous- half the reason I bought one was I loved the styling.

Overall I like it but I've been less impressed by the quality than I was in Honda/Acuras I've previously owned. The car drives great, has a great presence, and its nice being back in a sedan after years of driving trucks and SUV's. The 2.0's mileage is poor. I'm lucky to get 20mpg around town. On the open highway its great- 30 to 32mpg on road trips. In day to day useage though the mileage is more or less on par with the GMC Canyon I was driving before, which is disappointing.

Its rare I have more than 2 people in the car, but the backseat is tiny, as is the trunk. The Integra surprisingly is roomier in both despite being smaller overall. Guess thats the penalty for the TLX's styling.
I feel your pain! Like you, I had been driving pretty large SUVs before I went back to a sedan in the TLX. After 2 years, I was so used to the poor fuel econ that I resolved to go back to an SUV w/similar mpg and more space to boot. The rest is history!
HTX2022Aspec (04-14-2023)
Old 04-14-2023, 10:51 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ELIN
I feel your pain! Like you, I had been driving pretty large SUVs before I went back to a sedan in the TLX. After 2 years, I was so used to the poor fuel econ that I resolved to go back to an SUV w/similar mpg and more space to boot. The rest is history!
Kinda where I'm at after a year. Been looking at Grand Cherokee 4XE's... fuel economy and SUV practicality.
The following 2 users liked this post by HTX2022Aspec:
ELIN (04-14-2023), ESHBG (04-14-2023)