Integra Integra & RSX Discussion

Integra Bought a ASpec today

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2023, 05:20 PM
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 97 Posts
Talking Bought a ASpec today

I’m a longer time poster from the RDX forums, but I traded it in for a 2024 Integra ASpec this morning. White over red, 6 speed manual!
The following 6 users liked this post by Padre Dave:
asianspec (11-15-2023), ELIN (10-20-2023), F23A4 (11-21-2023), godfather2 (10-16-2023), Pens Fan (10-17-2023), Tony Pac (10-16-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-16-2023, 05:23 PM
Drifting

Received 565 Likes on 364 Posts
Congrats. We have the opposite -- red over white (but also 6MT). We really love this car. Hope you enjoy it too. If nothing else the MPG difference from your RDX should make you delirious!
Old 10-16-2023, 06:46 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,607 Likes on 967 Posts
Congratulations! Hope you enjoy your car for many years to come.
Old 10-20-2023, 08:06 AM
Drifting

Received 1,255 Likes on 912 Posts
Originally Posted by Padre Dave
I’m a longer time poster from the RDX forums, but I traded it in for a 2024 Integra ASpec this morning. White over red, 6 speed manual!
Congrats and thank you for your service to the audiophile community!

I'm interested in your thoughts on the Integra audio!
Old 10-20-2023, 09:21 AM
Racer

Talking

Originally Posted by ELIN
Congrats and thank you for your service to the audiophile community!

I'm interested in your thoughts on the Integra audio!
Well, it is surprising in ways that are good and ways that are really disappointing. First the good: a smaller cabin makes for a more expansive sound. The speaker placement is similar to that in the RDX, and the subwoffer is located in the side of the cargo area.

Disappointing is that for some unknown reason my USB drives I made of my own (and contributed!) FLAC files, including some awesome tracks in 5.1 (THANK YOU, Jon). I found one of my smaller (32GB) drives that the system accepts. I included some 5.1 tracks on the drive and the unit in the car won’t play them. It skips over parts and then stops as if to try to play it but then skips through the song.

When I purchased the car, I put one of my 1TB combo USB-A/USB-C drives into the USB port and I got a message saying that the drive is unreadable. My plan was to come here and ask for help with this issue. Then I tried the drive that Jon sent me and same thing. I went through my “stuff” cabinet and picked up random USB-A drives and found one that plays, the other identical was not playable. They were from the same purchase, exactly the same. I will check the formatting on the one that doesn’t work and see if it is different from the one that does work.

The one USB that is working produces nice crisp sound from the FLAC files I either purchased from ProStudioMasters or converted myself using dBpoweramps music converter app. So, I am loving my tunes (both classical and progressive rock) in my new car. Any ideas on resolving the inconsistency of reading drives that worked fantastic in the RDX but not the Integra are welcome. If you all will let me I would still like to visit here too. God bless you all!
The following users liked this post:
ELIN (10-20-2023)
Old 10-20-2023, 09:38 AM
Drifting

Well, it is surprising in ways that are good and ways that are really disappointing. First the good: a smaller cabin makes for a more expansive sound. The speaker placement is similar to that in the RDX, and the subwoffer is located in the side of the cargo area.

Disappointing is that for some unknown reason my USB drives I made of my own (and contributed!) FLAC files, including some awesome tracks in 5.1 (THANK YOU, Jon). I found one of my smaller (32GB) drives that the system accepts. I included some 5.1 tracks on the drive and the unit in the car won’t play them. It skips over parts and then stops as if to try to play it but then skips through the song.

When I purchased the car, I put one of my 1TB combo USB-A/USB-C drives into the USB port and I got a message saying that the drive is unreadable. My plan was to come here and ask for help with this issue. Then I tried the drive that Jon sent me and same thing. I went through my “stuff” cabinet and picked up random USB-A drives and found one that plays, the other identical was not playable. They were from the same purchase, exactly the same. I will check the formatting on the one that doesn’t work and see if it is different from the one that does work.

The one USB that is working produces nice crisp sound from the FLAC files I either purchased from ProStudioMasters or converted myself using dBpoweramps music converter app. So, I am loving my tunes (both classical and progressive rock) in my new car. Any ideas on resolving the inconsistency of reading drives that worked fantastic in the RDX but not the Integra are welcome. If you all will let me I would still like to visit here too. God bless you all!
The biggest challenge will be the fact that the Integra is a port from Honda and may not have the same ELS implementation as Acura. There is the possibility that the Integra may not be able to play MCH FLAC files. Have you confirmed discrete MCH works via a track like the Bangles speaker check from the Acura demo disc, etc?
Old 10-20-2023, 11:23 AM
Racer

Talking

Originally Posted by ELIN
The biggest challenge will be the fact that the Integra is a port from Honda and may not have the same ELS implementation as Acura. There is the possibility that the Integra may not be able to play MCH FLAC files. Have you confirmed discrete MCH works via a track like the Bangles speaker check from the Acura demo disc, etc?
Good point. I am now copying those files on my drive and will check when I leave on my appointed rounds bringing the Good News to homebound people today. I love these folks!
Old 10-20-2023, 11:41 AM
Drifting

Good point. I am now copying those files on my drive and will check when I leave on my appointed rounds bringing the Good News to homebound people today. I love these folks!
I found out after the fact that since my X3 only has HiFi base audio, I can't play discrete MCH FLAC files.
You need to have a minimum of the Harman Kardon package to play those files.
Padre Dave (11-05-2023)
Old 11-14-2023, 09:58 PM
Racer

For some intirely unknown reason, my USB drive is picky as to which drives it will read. It rejected my 1TB drives, even though they are formatted in ExFAT. I had a set of 2 32GB drives, one red and the other black. I bought them at the same time, neither had been used. The car plays my FLAC files admirably….there is a neat feature where you can center the sound throughout the vehicle. When my wife is riding, I set the suspension on Soft, and pull the centering button to play the music in the back of the car….that way her hearing aids don’t get blasted and we can converse at normal levels. When alone I center it right in the center of the grid and blast it at levels she finds objectionable. Happy wife, happy life; plus she is my favorite conversation partner.
ELIN (11-15-2023)